It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do people believe in the story of Jesus but cannot even acknowledge that Aliens abduct people???

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by okyouwin
reply to post by sd211212

Why i think that is a very good question. I'm glad you ask it. I don't really have an answer for you. But I wish I did.

If we can believe an omnipotent God molded a universe for us, gave us all that we are and have. created and gave all of our emotions, senses feelings and the environment in which we live. gave us all this special consideration, for the mere price of believing in itself. Then, we should just as easily believe some other organic life form cobbled together some advanced technology and after eons of warping through space, time, and dimensions, landed in your back yard.

I don't see why we have this problem of a lack of belief in ufos. But I'm like you I think we should get over it.

The reason why its not as easy to believe that an organic life form could travel here at all from any considerably long distance is simple, its because its not scientifically feasible to do so, it is pure science fiction and nothing more. It is science fiction that is the reason why people believe it could be possible in the first place, none of it is based on any real science, so based on pure logic, there is no reason to believe it. What do you mean by the "lack of belief in UFO's"? The term UFO is a generic term that stands for Unidentified Flying Object. It doesn't mean "alien", or "demon", or some natural phenomena, it just means something that can't be identified. The abduction cases however are a different subject altogether and should be viewed as such.

edit on 27-10-2012 by BlackManINC because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by bronco73

Originally posted by SpearMint
You're extremely close minded.

We do not know that Jesus existed, if he did exist he was probably just an ordinary man. You can provide no more proof of him than anyone can of alien abductions, in fact they can probably provide more proof than you can.

You've basically said "I'm right and you're wrong because I say so".

Your use of the word "bigotry" is very ironic.

So if a fictional character has a message, they must have existed! Aliens don't need a message, neither do we when we study the world. Imaginary Jesus exists in a book, as does his message.

(I'm not saying that I believe Aliens have visited us)
edit on 24-10-2012 by SpearMint because: (no reason given)

Virtually every religion agrees that the man named Jesus did in fact live.

Oh that settles it then, religions are never wrong! No, not "virtually every religion", just a few that evolved from each other or an older version.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 02:45 AM
link   
I am on the fence about the religion thing as it's a good strategy and on top of that I have a feeling there is something a wee bit spiritual going on even if it's not related to the ufo/abduction/mutilation streak we have going on lately here as a species.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 04:32 AM
link   
Jesus

An interesting perspective.....

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 04:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Char-Lee

Originally posted by LadyGreenEyes

Originally posted by Char-Lee

Originally posted by acmpnsfal
Reply to post by Char-Lee

The gospels are eye witness testimony.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

No they are not...eye witness means told by someone who was a witness to the things that happened.

Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John were eyewitnesses. They were with Jesus, and saw the things the describe. How does that not fit the definition in your eyes?

I am sure if you are a searcher for truth you have investigated and studied the origin of all known historical religious texts. As I have. I have read the bible through 3 times and studied it and all other religious documents i could get a hold of and learned a lot about the true origin of the Christian faith. But that is long here is a simple explanation.

Those so called eye witnesses have not been shown to have written anything. they may have and maybe those things were just not found as of yet. I don't believe a fisherman from that period of time would even know how to read and write.

The New Testament is an anthology, a collection of Christian works written in the common Greek language of the first century, at different times by various writers, and canonically named for the early Jewish disciples of Jesus of Nazareth.

en.wikipedia.org...

Those eyewitnesses are accepted by all of the Biblical scholars to have written those books. That fits the definition of an eyewitness. You claimed it didn't, and now you want to act as though they were not there? Wow.....

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 06:21 AM
link   
All religions can't be true, that is impossible, since they all contradict each other. Only 1 can be true, and imo it is the Bible and the story of Jesus. I say that because the God of the Bible is the only one who speaks out against the Egyptians and their fake gods from the stars. The God of the Bible is the only who speaks against the practice of Dark Arts and summoning up spirits who have done nothing but bring harm to this world. So called aliens in disguise or ascended masters. The Bible is the only book that speaks against these things. Plus the Bible is the most accurate in terms of prophecy the world has ever seen, nothing else comes even close.

I believe in alien abduction, to much evidence to which says it does occur. The question is are we really dealing alien beings, or some form of master deception by the fallen ones? I believe it's the later.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by ottozia
Jesus

Thats the zeitgeist movie or something. I know very little about this subject but I think the guy that does a "debunking" of anicient aliens also debunks this? As with everything there is always a flip side. here is one i found. im sure others can comment.

conspiracies.skepticproject.com...

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by RealTruthSeeker
All religions can't be true, that is impossible, since they all contradict each other. Only 1 can be true, and imo it is the Bible and the story of Jesus.

I agree with this and think that all the other people that believe in false religions should either convert or face elimination.

THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   

I do have issues with them coming here as they would have to violate the laws of physics.
reply to post by AQuestion

Of course they wouldn't need to violate its laws. Just how many conceivable alternatives would there be?

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZetaRediculian

Jesus

Thats the zeitgeist movie or something. I know very little about this subject but I think the guy that does a "debunking" of anicient aliens also debunks this? As with everything there is always a flip side. here is one i found. im sure others can comment.

You have obviously not read the caption below the video I quoted, but then you admit you know little about this subject..

We evolve with knowledge, to question and to learn is our basic instinct, unfortunately this does not align with a diminishing group who have find themselves up a one way street heading towards a dead end, in a car with no reverse gears.......

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
OK, I didn't want to say anything about this, because it shattered my whole Atheist world view.

I have proof that Jesus lives. I met him back in August at a Hotel at Yellowstone Park. We talked a little and he seemed like a decent guy. He didn't want to turn my bottled water into wine though, he said management would fire him, because they want you to pay their crazy mini bar prices. No, really, it's true. Here's proof - because I know you guys would say pic's or it didn't happen

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   

All religions can't be true, that is impossible, since they all contradict each other. Only 1 can be true, and imo it is the Bible and the story of Jesus.

$hit that... man New Testament ok. BUT old testament - you do realize old testament as that has similar stories with the Quaran all come from Sumerian texts? So idk about the new testament but the old one is absolutely not t he Bible as the primary source!!

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZetaRediculian

Jesus

You have obviously not read the caption below the video I quoted, but then you admit you know little about this subject..

We evolve with knowledge, to question and to learn is our basic instinct, unfortunately this does not align with a diminishing group who have find themselves up a one way street heading towards a dead end, in a car with no reverse gears.......
No, I didn't read anything and I barely watched it. I know nothing about this except that I came across it recently. I don't offer any comments except someone said they debunked it. Im not religious at all and Im barely interested in this right now and I have no idea what I am talking about and dont even know why I responded in the first place. It looks like something i would be interested in or I might have been at one time so maybe I will save this for later. Once I have a grip on the subject, I may offer some comments.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by nv4711
OK, I didn't want to say anything about this, because it shattered my whole Atheist world view.

I have proof that Jesus lives. I met him back in August at a Hotel at Yellowstone Park. We talked a little and he seemed like a decent guy. He didn't want to turn my bottled water into wine though, he said management would fire him, because they want you to pay their crazy mini bar prices. No, really, it's true. Here's proof - because I know you guys would say pic's or it didn't happen

That is funny. i get emails at work from Jesus sometimes. makes me laugh every time.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by ZetaRediculian

Emails from Jesus...
That's almost better.... I wonder if he's a Windows or Mac guy...

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Oops... now you created your very own false dilemma.

Have you considered the possibility that ALL religions can't be true?

Apparently not - you chose the one that you "liked best" and, I assume, were born into. Funny, if you were born in Saudi Arabia, you'd have said"...Only 1 can be true, and imo it is the Qu'ran and the story of Mohammed..".

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by AQuestion

Dear sd211212,

Sort of seems like you are stretching it a bit and trying to compare unrelated things. There are many atheist that don't believe in aliens, it is not limited to Christians and there are certainly Christians who believe aliens may or do exist. Why create a disagreement when there does not have to be? It really seems as if you are just Christian baiting.

As for your analysis of the New Testament, you are not even close. When the New Testament was put together churches that had received letters and parchments from people who they knew met to decide what would be included. These churches had often treasured the documents for years. The church did not just pop up in a day because someone published a book, written by people they didn't know. Peter, Paul and others started the churches, the same people that wrote the letters and documents.

While I don't have a problem with possibility of aliens existing, I do have issues with them coming here as they would have to violate the laws of physics. What you stated is basically equivalent to me asking why people who believe in aliens have a problem with the laws of physics.

LOL! The "laws of physics"! Our "laws", or the limits of what we know, are a pathetic attempt at understanding this incredibly complex and mysterious universe. Our understanding is similar to the understanding of a third-grader's math. The third-grader can't imagine anything more complex than division and multiplication and thinks "that's it" ... "I've conquered math..." It's the same with humanity. Whenever I hear someone say ETs violate the laws of physics I have to laugh because we're evaluating their ability to traverse the universe based on our knowledge and the arrogant notion that we've learned all there is to learn about physics.

Besides that, OP is correct. We've grown civilizations around the belief that a god came down to earth after being conceived by god (??) and performed miracles, rose from the dead and promised eternal life to those who worship him. Aside from the obvious implication of a serious mentally ill deity that demands our love (imagine an ex girlfriend or boyfriend that demanded your love -- or else!), how can otherwise intelligent people talk about that "god" as though his existence is undeniable and society never question that belief, yet when someone talks of possibly first-hand experience as an abductee, for example, we either hear laughter or recommendations for psychiatric treatment?

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 03:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Visiting ESB

Dear Visiting ESB,

Just so we are clear, you reject science and religion. What do you accept as proof, anything that gives you the answer you are looking for? Where is ignorance, is it anyone who doesn't accept your word?

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by AQuestion
reply to post by Visiting ESB

Dear Visiting ESB,

Just so we are clear, you reject science and religion. What do you accept as proof, anything that gives you the answer you are looking for? Where is ignorance, is it anyone who doesn't accept your word?

You've answered your question in the same way you accuse me of doing. No one's talking about proof here -- just the contradictory nature of many religious people. Ignorance is basically clinging to beliefs despite evidence that contradicts those beliefs. Or wait, is that stupidity...? ...whatever...

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Greetings People , Peace and blessing to you all , i got some questions , iam new to this website , well my religion is islam , and it doesnt forbids the existence of aliens , In Sura 42,Verse 29 (42:29) of the Quran,we are told, "Among His (God's) signs is the creation of the heavens and the earth,and the living creatures that He has scattered through them :and He has power to gather them together when He wills. So what i mean , i need some clear evidences to believe in them , i actually love to believe in them , so please any help ?

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join