It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do people believe in the story of Jesus but cannot even acknowledge that Aliens abduct people???

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by sd211212

Star and flag for an excellent question and posting. I too am very sceptical of the Jesus story, and in fact the entire New Testament, and have seen much evidence that is a product of the Holy Roman Church. Not to even mention this:

Titanic find: 'Christ's coffin'
As a young man, I called on "Jesus" many times to help me with my mother, who thought I was the anti-Christ, and with other things too, and never one time saw, heard, of experienced anything. However, beginning in 1987, I began to have UFO experiences. I was taken once, and things happened to me that even doctors cannot explain. Then, in 1999, I was invited to go, and did so, and discovered many things which I often talk about in these forums.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadyGreenEyes

Originally posted by Char-Lee

Originally posted by acmpnsfal
Reply to post by Char-Lee

The gospels are eye witness testimony.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

No they are not...eye witness means told by someone who was a witness to the things that happened.

Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John were eyewitnesses. They were with Jesus, and saw the things the describe. How does that not fit the definition in your eyes?

I am sure if you are a searcher for truth you have investigated and studied the origin of all known historical religious texts. As I have. I have read the bible through 3 times and studied it and all other religious documents i could get a hold of and learned a lot about the true origin of the Christian faith. But that is long here is a simple explanation.

Those so called eye witnesses have not been shown to have written anything. they may have and maybe those things were just not found as of yet. I don't believe a fisherman from that period of time would even know how to read and write.

The New Testament is an anthology, a collection of Christian works written in the common Greek language of the first century, at different times by various writers, and canonically named for the early Jewish disciples of Jesus of Nazareth.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by nv4711

"While in general I would agree, you however make the same (wrong) assumption as most people, that is the one of continous advancement.
Yes, there might be life elsewhere, and life may have started there millions of years prior to life on Earth. However, evolution (and I assume you do believe in Evolution) has no "end game" as in if there is only enough time, life will necessarily become more and more advanced. Humans may or may not continue to develop into more advanced beings - we might as well have reached the height of our advancement. The same of course is true of other life forms in the Universe, just because they have been around longer, doesn't mean they can zip around in space ships. Perhaps we are the most advanced life form in the Universe, just because the natural circumstances on Earth made us evolve into what we are today."

We (humans) went from the first flight in a plane to the first man on the moon in less than a century. There is no indication in history that technology will stop progressing. I have no doubt in my mind that in a couple of centuries or maybe less, we will be the ones "zipping around in spaceships" from planet to planet. Just because you cannot imagine something does not mean someone else will imagine it and make it a reality one day. Imagination is the key to all of this. First you take an imaginative mind to think of it and then a person with the skill to create it.

It is quite obvious if you look a picture of the Universe that we are not alone. For every grain of sand on the Earth is a Galaxy in space. Unless people have some sort of superiority complex that they cannot break away from, the Universe does not revolve around us. The Universe did not start when we came into existence. We are just ants doubting there is other life beyond the dirt we live in.
edit on 26-10-2012 by blackreign2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by MyParadoxicalSelf

Dear ParadoxicalSelf,

By the airwaves I mean sending broadcasts using radio or microwaves or one of the other bands. The technology is easier to create than breaking the speed of light or interstellar travel. Another technology I would expect would be laser light being used to communicate between planets, the speed of light is easier to achieve than faster than light. We just haven't found these signals and we have looked deep and extensively into space. I believe that even aliens would have had to have had a progression in their science, that is what I mean when I say that even if they were advanced they still did not start out that way. Peace.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by blackreign2012

We (humans) went from the first flight in a plane to the first man on the moon in less than a century. There is no indication in history that technology will stop progressing. I have no doubt in my mind that in a couple of centuries or maybe less, we will be the ones "zipping around in spaceships" from planet to planet. Just because you cannot imagine something does not mean someone else will imagine it and make it a reality one day. Imagination is the key to all of this. First you take an imaginative mind to think of it and then a person with the skill to create it.

It is quite obvious if you look a picture of the Universe that we are not alone. For every grain of sand on the Earth is a Galaxy in space. Unless people have some sort of superiority complex that they cannot break away from, the Universe does not revolve around us. The Universe did not start when we came into existence. We are just ants doubting there is other life beyond the dirt we live in.
edit on 26-10-2012 by blackreign2012 because: (no reason given)

I did not doubt that there is a high probability for life elsewhere in the Universe. I merely said that Evolution, be it on a purely biological level or applied to technological advancement, has no pre-determined goal, or fixed outcome and that continuous advancement is not inevitable. If Evolution "decides" that bigger feet are more important to survival than a bigger brain, well...time for new shoes, not space ships.

Even on Earth, under the more or less same conditions, some "human tribes" have advanced technologically while many others have remained at stone age level - despite the fact that we all share the same ancestors and are of similar intelligence (not individually but as a whole). The tribes of Papua New Guinea, the Amazon basin or, the cradle of mankind, Africa have not made any technological advancement to speak of, while others flew to the Moon.

Even civilizations that did develop technology and science did not keep advancing. The great ancient civilizations of Egypt, Greece, and the roman Empire all were at the forefront of the technological development of their time - but got "stuck" at one point in their history and in fact some developed backwards.

I think it's fair to say that this experience can be applied to the Universe, where there might be pockets of civilizations that are even younger than ours but more developed, and much much older civilizations that have no technology worth mentioning. At the same time, for a weird unknown reason - Humans could be the most advanced race in our Galaxy (to be modest) and all ET races are, while older, much less developed.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   

The way I see the story of Jesus nowadays is as follows; First off Satan, Jesus, and Lucifer are all different names for the same being. He was the son of some intergalactic conqueror and opposed the rule of his father and was cast away to Earth. He had powers that would seem magic to "normal" people, and abused them while he was younger. He then learned to love these people and witnessed the injustice and struggle (which is why he probably rebelled in the first place, but I am sure he wanted the power his father had and thought he could do a better job). and sacrificed himself for them. Because of the amount of pride he had (the excuse for casting him to earth according to the bible), his followers also have a great deal of pride. It is like the book "a hero with a thousand faces". So a majority of the bible is really the story of a hero. Christians then take that hero and idolize him to the point that they think all other hero's are false, which is absolutely not the case. If jesus was here he would tell you the same thing. He gave the truth to people because he gave them the truth of his story, and if he is back, he will try and do the same thing now. Only problem is the average person seems to have lost their truth, so there will be a lot of work. He is also neither good nor evil, just shows people the light (which includes truth, wisdom, etc.) People have free will so they can always do as they please.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   
What about people that believe in the Bible and Jesus and also Aliens. But they might not be what you think they are.

Corporate Providence there is so much delusion in that post I don't even know where to start.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Im not baiting christians and i know how the bible came together. My point and I guess Im not stating it clearly., people who have seen very strange things, my self included are labeled nuts liars etc... Now there are people out there that are nuts, But credible witnesses are still shunned by most of the pop of this world. I was just using how most people believe in Jesus, GOD, mohammed etc.... and the believe those stories with no problems. Now have someone tell a story of alien abduction with witnesses and ahh they are all lying. As for the laws of physics, and i assume you mean it would take light years for them to reach us etc. well I dont think we fully understand all the dimensions that are around us. But thats different subject. I just find it interesting how alien ,ufo witnesses are treated very poorly. Not all are delusional nut cases. Things have been seen by credible witnesses but it is still taboo.

Agreed, I think UAP witnesses have been treated poorly and possibly for strategic reasons especially by people in the military for example or even anyone in a position of authority.

The thing about belief and knowledge regarding the power of the mind and how it works however is still in it's infancy in scientific terms. Of course it is entirely possible that we create things simply by believing in them ie; ghosts, aliens, faeries and gods.

Ether does exist and there is no telling certainly not by tangible measure whether life exists independently in it or simply exists using ether via some sort of thought form created by us. As ridiculous as this may seem, it is no more ridiculous than believing in alien abduction when there is no evidence to speak of to support it. It is just an opinion.

Jesus is supported with evidence by the way that has been verified by multiple sources. This is the same way historical facts are collated just to make a point.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Fabulous title and post. Thank you for posting this topic as it is certainly a thought provoking idea to discuss. I will admit to not reading every single post and would like to add my views.

My theory is based on the concept that way back in our history when the bible (in its entirety not the little pamphlet we have today) was being recorded - many people did not have access to education. People who were able to read and write were few and would have been attached to the authority figure of the day - the queen/king or church or ruling body - or attached to them all.

So with very few people able to read let alone write - accessing the written word was useless unless you knew what the symbols meant. People who could not read or write were reliant on those who could read to them. So the control of information had its beginnings this way - just my theory.

Next factor in the manner in which verbal versions of a story can alter as they are relayed to others - people mishear a word or forget a word so they utilise a word from their own vocabulary. The story can change completely over time. This is why writing is so valuable.

Now factor in the natural herbal elements of the day that people ingested or inhaled way back in history. The person telling the story is under the influence and may not tell the story in in exact manner - adding or subtracting facts and descriptions or magnifying and extending descriptions.

Now you have an idea of my personal theories I want to comment on the title of your post. Religion has instilled fear in its followers in order to control them . So the people who could read and write control information. The same people are controlled by the fear tactics of religion - for example - if you don't repent your sins you will go to hell. Hell is torture etcetera. People obey the people in authority and do whatever they command so that they won't go to this awful place called hell.

People simply believed in Jesus out of fear. They same people believed that a talking snake told Eve to avoid the apple and to definitely not eat it. The same people go to church and watch and participate in a ritual - the same ritual everytime. They are being programmed to believe what they are told and this is why they believe in Jesus and all the information connected to his life.

My personal view on Jesus is he seemed to me to be a Teacher and an all round good guy who just wanted people to get along, to share, to be good to one another and most importantly to think. He seemed interested in getting people to think about their actions. He was a fine doctor as well - healing people and their ailments. However if he was my son and he died the way described, tortured and hung on a cross - I would not be sending him back for a second time. If Jesus was my son I would be watching humans very carefully and until they could behave in a humane manner - no son of mine would be placed in a position where torture was even a remote possibility.

As for aliens. I never use the word aliens or UFO these are terms utilised by the mainstream media to belittle the subject and the people who are brave enough to come forward. The media has brainwashed people - just as those that had the reading and writing skills of long ago. People are busy going to work and when they sit down after work they turn on the television (also known as the idiot box) and they accept - without question - what they are told. People have been brainwashed and hypnotised for a long time. Many many many people all over the planet are waking up.

Much Peace...

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by EnigmaticDill

delusion of grandeur regarding the the man's character perhaps, but no worse than so called "christians" have. you cannot argue the fact that for centuries the more zealous followers have claimed their hero is the best and sought to destroy other people's faiths. all the while saying that idol worship is blasphemy while simultaneously worshiping a false idol. it does not take religion to do good onto others, it should be instinctive to EVERYONE at this point in human development. but please do point out where you see delusions, i am not claiming that my interpretation of it is true, it just makes sense to me.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Jesus was a man who was as alien as God is to man.

But JC was not ET alien (gray or other)
edit on 26-10-2012 by Jordan River because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   
I would imagine that it is a product of how one is raised, and the particular society that one grows up in. Typically a religious family will encourage their children to continue with their family's faith, so at a young age they are exposed to a belief system. That can build positive reinforcement from their family if they accept the religion, or negative reinforcement if they reject it. Regarding abductions, our current society does not have an open mind in regard to ET life forms, and can often be ridiculed if one mentioned that they had been abducted. No one wants to be criticized. I think that it may be about how cultures can influence their view or paradigm of reality.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   
There is millions of people out there claiming being abducted by aliens....even if only 1% were true...it would mean hundred of thousand being abducted....I mean you really need to close your eyes and ears to not believe some of the stories...I believe Travis Walton stories...I believe The Hills story and the Jim Sparks story...

You know, someone kill another person....1 witness says saw what happened....and for what that person is saying, we put the guy 20 years and more in prison and even kill the person....But if the same witness would say he saw aliens, then he is delusional and nobody believe him....But its the same person....different stories.... Bottom line is....you believe what you want with the facts you wanna keep...To me...Religion is BS...its there to enslave people and control population over fake faith....and it was originally made out of old tablets about what people saw....things that they were not able to explain....in that time...such things was divine so God...If That Jesus guy ever existed...to me, he was an alien or an alien contactee / abducted ...

Why should these claims be ignore or not consider?? Who were these people who said they witness him doing such things, speaking to god...why are they diffrent from those people claiming being abducted????

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   

I will also ask why those people who pretended seeing Jesus and god at that time when they wrote the Bible were not labeled as nuts and delusional when the same amount of witness today says they saw spacecraft or aliens or being abducted ARE labeled NUTS....whats the different between the 2???? Why one should be more valuable then the other....And what religious people are going to say is Because God said so....Well...call me crazy...but when I see this:

www.youtube.com...

People chanting death to america (or France, or Norway...pick one, they have many reason I guess) over a movie, or a picture, or a drawing, or what ever religious reason...I wonder who is crazy...

At least, when someone makes fun out of an alien...MY FAITH, because I believe they are the reason why we are walking the earth...So when someone make a funny drawing of an alien abducting someone, or a comedy about it or to those person like me who believe...I am NOT walking the street chanting hate slogan and I am not wishing death to anybody....At last....it does not help me understand what religion do good to people....

But I supposed I am crazy...you know...God says so....

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpearMint
You're extremely close minded.

We do not know that Jesus existed, if he did exist he was probably just an ordinary man. You can provide no more proof of him than anyone can of alien abductions, in fact they can probably provide more proof than you can.

You've basically said "I'm right and you're wrong because I say so".

Your use of the word "bigotry" is very ironic.

So if a fictional character has a message, they must have existed! Aliens don't need a message, neither do we when we study the world. Imaginary Jesus exists in a book, as does his message.

(I'm not saying that I believe Aliens have visited us)
edit on 24-10-2012 by SpearMint because: (no reason given)

Yes, we do know that Jesus existed. Whether or not he existed is really not even a debate. Virtually every religion agrees that the man named Jesus did in fact live. The debate with many religions is not whether Jesus walked this Earth, it's whether he was the Christ or not. Those that do not believe he was the son of God call him Jesus of Nazareth, while those that believe he was the son of God call him Jesus Christ. Science agrees he lived (although most scientists obviously do not believe he was the Christ) Religion agrees he existed, historians agree he existed. The argument over the existence of the man named Jesus is moot.
edit on 27-10-2012 by bronco73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Ulrir

I will also ask why those people who pretended seeing Jesus and god at that time when they wrote the Bible were not labeled as nuts and delusional

I don't think they had psychology back then and probably did not have the concept of "nuts". and how can you label someone nuts if they are "pretending" to do something? right now I am pretending to be jesus battling aliens,,,,does that make me nuts?

when the same amount of witness today says they saw spacecraft or aliens or being abducted ARE labeled NUTS....whats the different between the 2????

I think the difference has to do with social norms and that kind of thing. like its ok for a man and a women to get married but not 2 men. ones ok and ones not while there is no logical reason for it.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by bronco73

Originally posted by SpearMint
You're extremely close minded.

We do not know that Jesus existed, if he did exist he was probably just an ordinary man. You can provide no more proof of him than anyone can of alien abductions, in fact they can probably provide more proof than you can.

You've basically said "I'm right and you're wrong because I say so".

Your use of the word "bigotry" is very ironic.

So if a fictional character has a message, they must have existed! Aliens don't need a message, neither do we when we study the world. Imaginary Jesus exists in a book, as does his message.

(I'm not saying that I believe Aliens have visited us)
edit on 24-10-2012 by SpearMint because: (no reason given)

Yes, we do know that Jesus existed. Whether or not he existed is really not even a debate. Virtually every religion agrees that the man named Jesus did in fact live. The debate with many religions is not whether Jesus walked this Earth, it's whether he was the Christ or not. Those that do not believe he was the son of God call him Jesus of Nazareth, while those that believe he was the son of God call him Jesus Christ. Science agrees he lived (although most scientists obviously do not believe he was the Christ) Religion agrees he existed, historians agree he existed. The argument over the existence of the man named Jesus is moot.
edit on 27-10-2012 by bronco73 because: (no reason given)

here is a really thorough examination of the evidence that jesus existed. its not as clear cut as i thought...but interesting.

rationalwiki.org...

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Why i think that is a very good question. I'm glad you ask it. I don't really have an answer for you. But I wish I did.

If we can believe an omnipotent God molded a universe for us, gave us all that we are and have. created and gave all of our emotions, senses feelings and the environment in which we live. gave us all this special consideration, for the mere price of believing in itself. Then, we should just as easily believe some other organic life form cobbled together some advanced technology and after eons of warping through space, time, and dimensions, landed in your back yard.

I don't see why we have this problem of a lack of belief in ufos. But I'm like you I think we should get over it.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 01:03 AM
link   
I know Travis Waldens story they made an awesome movie outta it called fire in the sky i think.. i hope thats the right name of it.. he may be one of the few people who truly believes his story... i'm not sure that I do.. but then i'm agnostic for a reason.. wink wink

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Corporate Providence

The question is whether or not Jesus is the Son of the true and Living God. If he actually functioned on the levels described in the Bible, meaning he literally walked on water, cast out spirits, healed the sick, was raised from the dead, ect. Which I know he did, because I know the power of God and the spirit and of the true and living testimony. And there is difference between what comes from God and what's of the lies and wonders, wiles of the devil. Originally the Devil, Satan, was a Cherub was never a man although he could take the appearance of a man.

Your forgetting one of the fundamental teachings of the Bible, which Is a kingdom divided against itself cannot stand.

Mark 3:23
And the scribes which came down from Jerusalem said, He hath Beelzebub, and by the prince of the devils casteth he out devils.

And he called them unto him, and said unto them in parables, How can Satan cast out Satan?

And if a kingdom be divided against itself, that kingdom cannot stand.

And if a house be divided against itself, that house cannot stand.

And if Satan rise up against himself, and be divided, he cannot stand, but hath an end.

Revelation 1:6
Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen.

Jude 1:15
To execute judgment upon all, and to convince all that are ungodly among them of all their ungodly deeds which they have ungodly committed , and of all their hard speeches which ungodly sinners have spoken against him.
edit on 27-10-2012 by EnigmaticDill because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join