It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Children to be taught 'heterosexuality not the norm' in Australian schools project

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by SerialVelocity
If you aren't gay, you can't say that. How can you possibly begin to think that gay people would choose to be a minority?? For attention? Just to be different? Do me a favour...so you're telling me you chose to be straight and could decide to change tomorrow if you wanted to?

So wait, I need to be homosexual?
Why are they choosing the be a minority? aren't they chosing to be happy no matter what other people say or think? I don't look at the mas a minority any more than i look at depression or religion as a minority. Its a life path, not a handicap!

Why cant they chose to be homosexual because they PREFER the touch of the same sex?
Because they interact and associate better?
Its not like a light switch i never said that, but its wrong for people to so holdfastly refuse to accept that your born to be paired with the opposite sex and over time, if you chose, if you decide or what ever, over time you mould yourself the way you want.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by SerialVelocity

Not deemed to much.
But schools have no right to tell children Male/Female pairing is not the norm, when in fact, by science it is.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
reply to post by MrXYZ

It is a choice.
Your born genetically and biologically to be paired with a female or a male.

Over time you convince yourself either through peer pressure or events.

I cannot convince you to be homosexual any more than i can convince myself to be an astronaut. IT takes life events, traumatic or enjoyable things.

Homosexuality is something we mould onto ourselves, we are not BORN That way. Why?
Because when you are born you have no idea of nothing, not even being straight. Your not born anything, you become what YOU WANT.

Clearly that isn't the case as homosexuality is frequent in nature

Are you seriously claiming life events like traumas causes homosexuality? Seriously? In the 21st century?

For crying out loud this is stupid.

link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ

Originally posted by badgerprints

It's a program aimed at decreasing homophobia..

It's more politically correct overcompensation and forced social conditioning.
It's stupid to try to make people 'like' someone who has fundamentally different values.
It just ends up being counter productive.

edit on 21-10-2012 by badgerprints because: (no reason given)

In other words, you are high-fiving bigotry

There you go. Good job.
You've made my point for me.
We can't live and let live. We've got to hate each other if we don't agree.
You are about as narrow minded as the "homophobes" that you hate so much.
If you give people no choice between embracing your beliefs or being hated, they will see that hate is the only currency you deal in.

It's not about homosexuals. It's about forcing people to be like you or be outcast. Just like homosexuals feel around intolerant people.
You don't want fairness. You want control.

link   
This is exactly why Gay Marriage shouldn't be legalized. It continues to lead to other things and destroys the value of a "proper" family. Man - Woman - Child.

I do NOT need schools teaching my children (If i had any) that anything going against my spiritual belief system and personal morals are wrong. (That have otherwise been the "norm" sense the foundation of America).

Schools should stay SEPARATE from religious beliefs right? If creation cannot be taught in schools, schools sure as hell shouldn't be teaching principles that goes against past principles, which in turn, are going against my spiritual beliefs and personal morals.

What you do with your life is not my concern, i can ask you to change, and that is it. However, once you begin attacking the beliefs i am teaching my children ( that have been taught in tradition and is culturally accepted .. or was) you are declaring war on my beliefs and traditions to change for the " New Age".

I don't know about you, but im willing to die for my beliefs and rights. The federal government will NOT force " new standards, apart from tradition" upon my children.
edit on 21-10-2012 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

link   

reply to post by Wonderer2012

No, I read some parts of the program and it is clearly saying sexual diversity is to be accepted.

It is telling children that sexuality does not matter, that all are equal.

Yes...people are supposed to be equal, just like blacks and whites. Mostly because race or sexual orientation isn't a choice, so it makes sense to promote equal rights and going up against homophobia makes perfect sense.

So your point is??? Are you against equal rights?

so they want to be equal but with special treatment huh?

Why does that not sound equal to me........

equal is equal...................I think all people should be treated equal.......but i dont subscribe to agenda driven crap....
edit on 21-10-2012 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Put it this way..

your no more born 'Gay' than you are born Christian.

You are born HUMAN, with the physical and biological structure to pair with a member of the opposite sex.

Its science, its just how it is.

Over time if your happier with someone of the same sex, hey im happy for you. Go for it. But do not tell me you were born that way, because when you born your mind had no concept of sexuality. Its something that over time your attitudes and values moulded into.

Take no offence, i have the same respect for homosexuals as I do straight people, but i do not agree you were 'born that way' and thats not an offensive thing to say, so chill!

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Not deemed to much.
But schools have no right to tell children Male/Female pairing is not the norm, when in fact, by science it is.

They aren't saying heterosexuality isn't the norm. If you actually bothered to do some real research instead of just sticking to the misinformed biased article that was linked you'd get that. For example, they didn't even get the definition of heterosexism right

Heterosexism isn't just the belief that heterosexuality isn't normal...contrary to what the article states. Here's the definition:

Discrimination or prejudice against homosexuals on the assumption that heterosexuality is the norm.

It's in the CONTEXT of discrimination and prejudice. It doesn't state heterosexuality isn't normal, it merely states that saying homosexuality is wrong because heterosexuality is the norm is wrong...which is a FACT given that homosexuality is a normal occurrence in nature.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Southern Guardian

Originally posted by TheLaughingGod
Is mental illness abnormal?

How about pedophilia? Is that normal too?

To teaching people that heterosexuality is not the norm is plain faulty

And why is it faulty? How is teaching kids that homosexual children are no different, teaching kids that we should treat eachother with respect, how is that going to affect your life? Are you scared that kids might catch the "gayness" from these lessons? Maybe you should examine where and why you hold these irrational and fearful beliefs.

It is faulty because heterosexuality IS the norm.
Do you even know what norm means? Homosexuality is not the norm, heterosexuality is. That's a fact, the definition of norm is:

1. A standard, model, or pattern regarded as typical.

No it's not normal, because we're not discussing two consenting adults here now are we?

How does that factor into how the sexuality should be defined.
Fact is, neither homosexuality, pedophilia or any other sexual deviation is the norm nor is it normal in the same sense that heterosexuality is.

So two consenting adults is one of the requirements needed for a sexuality to be considered normal?
Where did you get that from? People with all kinds of sexual orientations are born that way, they're all 'natural' or 'normal' in a way even if some of them are morally repugnant or disgusting.

But none of them are normal in the way that heterosexuality is, it is the norm as well as the biologically natural sexual orientation.

We're discussing sexuality here, having a mental illness isn't necessarily a form of sexuality. It encompasses many other factors such as learning, functioning in life. Being homosexual doesn't mean you have a mental illness, gay's aren't mentally disabled. We're still discussing consenting adults who function normally in life.

Just responding with his criteria in mind.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

your right, traumatic events was the wrong words to use, apologies.

but i still stand by my reasoning, you mould yourself through happiness, personal beliefs, enjoyment what ever it is, you find who you are over time.

you are not 'born' that way.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask

reply to post by Wonderer2012

No, I read some parts of the program and it is clearly saying sexual diversity is to be accepted.

It is telling children that sexuality does not matter, that all are equal.

Yes...people are supposed to be equal, just like blacks and whites. Mostly because race or sexual orientation isn't a choice, so it makes sense to promote equal rights and going up against homophobia makes perfect sense.

So your point is??? Are you against equal rights?

so they want to be equal but with special treatment huh?

Why does that not sound equal to me........

equal is equal...................I think all people should be treated equal.......but i dont subscribe to agenda driven crap....
edit on 21-10-2012 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

What special treatment? Not being bullied based on being homosexual? That's like saying blacks shouldn't ask for equal rights...for crying out loud that's retarded

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   

reply to post by MrXYZ

your right, traumatic events was the wrong words to use, apologies.

but i still stand by my reasoning, you mould yourself through happiness, personal beliefs, enjoyment what ever it is, you find who you are over time.

you are not 'born' that way.

Of course they are born that way, just like the over 1500 observed species we know of that have homosexual members

LINK

If it's a common occurrence in nature it's definitely normal, especially if it isn't the result of any disease or defects.

link   
Id like to say thanks to all!

Nothing like starting a Monday at work with a bit of spice and knawing on something tough.

Apologies If I offended anyone, in the end what ever makes you happy, hey im all for you!

This is a touchy topic... hopefully no one takes offense.

But i enjoyed the debate!

link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

yes, some animals are born that way.
however, the human male and human female were not.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   

reply to post by MrXYZ

And your evidence of that is...

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   

reply to post by MrXYZ

But humans ARE animals so we simply just fall into that 1500...

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   

It's a program aimed at decreasing homophobia..

It's more politically correct overcompensation and forced social conditioning.
It's stupid to try to make people 'like' someone who has fundamentally different values.
It just ends up being counter productive.

edit on 21-10-2012 by badgerprints because: (no reason given)

In other words, you are high-fiving bigotry

There you go. Good job.
You've made my point for me.
We can't live and let live. We've got to hate each other if we don't agree.
You are about as narrow minded as the "homophobes" that you hate so much.
If you give people no choice between embracing your beliefs or being hated, they will see that hate is the only currency you deal in.

It's not about homosexuals. It's about forcing people to be like you or be outcast. Just like homosexuals feel around intolerant people.
You don't want fairness. You want control.

Being against bigotry isn't the same as hatred

When blacks asked for equal rights there were people just like you who made the same exact nonsense "allows us to be racists" statements...
edit on 21-10-2012 by MrXYZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

Where's my evidence that humans are not born gay?
Its like asking me for evidence of life on another planet. If scientists cannot produce hardcore evidence, why bother bringing that up like its a game changer in the debate? Why cant we have opposing views on this?

But..

Well, id say to that the reproductive systems for 1. We are biologically created to reproduce. 2 men or 2 women cannot reproduce. At our most basic level that's what we are designed for. Its a male/female concept.
I look at it like carbon.

Also, there are species of animals that eat each other, consume their young and physically change sex.

Can we pick and chose what evolutionary aspect of animals we'd like to adopt, or should I be allowed to eat my child and say '' it exists in animals? ''

edit on 21-10-2012 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Homosexuality is normal "because the animal kingdom does it"....
Male lions will kill the cubs of a random female to bring her back into heat. This is "normal", so by the same crazy logic humans should be able to justify killing a female's babies so that they too can copulate with her. Nonsense. My dog humps the edge of the sofa, and by the same crazy logic males should be using that "normalcy" to do the same. Nonsense. The teachers and leaders today have created two generations that are fully convinced that mankind is no better than animals and they thus argue and reason as one.

A reprobate mind is one that has been judged and given over to their lusts. As such, they will not only approve of others adopting the behaviour but will actually work to teach others the practice as "normal". But it doesn't stop there, for a reprobate mind will go on to condemn all who refuse to accept it. Exactly what we see today, innocent children targeted with a relentless campaign to not only accept anal sex as "normal" but punished with terms such as "intolerant" and "bigot" if they refuse. They prey on children's weaknesses of wanting to fit in and not be ostracised in order to drive their agenda home.

Teaching a child that believes in God to sin is a grave mistake, one which we will all be accountable for.

But if anyone causes one of these little ones who believe in me to sin, it would be better for him to have a large millstone hung around his neck and to be drowned in the depths of the sea. Matthew 18:6

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   

reply to post by MrXYZ

Can we pick and chose what evolutionary aspect of animals we'd like to adopt, or should I be allowed to eat my child and say '' it exists in animals? ''

Don't forget the murder and eating of your own feces as lots of animals do.

Here's a weird / interesting thought, how do we know which animals are actually consenting to intercourse and if animals rape each other?

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join