It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Children to be taught 'heterosexuality not the norm' in Australian schools project

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by westcoast
Funny how people who argue for tolerance are the first to tear down anyone who dares to disagree with them.

...and just in case this is misunderstood by anyone, (because you probably don't get that I am talking about YOU), I am referring to people arguing for 'rights', while at the same time telling others they are wrong for wanting to stand for thier own, personal beliefs. People pushing this propaganda are some of the most bigoted people I have ever come across.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
FYI - This website's motto is not EMBRACE ignorance.

Of course homosexuality is and should be accepted as part of the 'norm'

Of course humans are born gay

Seriously, are you people on crack? I am astounded at the level of ignorant BS in this thread.

And shame on you bigoted lurkers starring all this BS!

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by OpenEars123

...I rest my case.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Before we can hope to achieve equality among sexual preferences it may be necessary first to achieve equality among the sexes. The Equal Rights Amendment proposed amendment to the US Constitution passed both houses in 1972 but failed ratification within 10 years so failed in 1982. The amendment would have granted equality among the sexes but failed to get acceptance by the people. Though its text was simple enough its implications could be very far reaching:

Section 1. Equality of rights under the law shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or by any State on account of sex.

Section 2. The Congress shall have the power to enforce, by appropriate legislation, the provisions of this article.

Section 3. This amendment shall take effect two years after the date of ratification.

Some feared if the amendment were adopted we may have to accept non-discrimination in marriages or elimination of gendered public rest rooms. How horrid, and we acknowledged then there are differences among the sexes. But those were less enlightened times then and such an amendment might get ratified in today's times. I believe that is where we need to go first, and then the rest might fall into place naturally.

The momentum now, by way of this school program design, seems to be to promote bi-sexualism, at least in the sense that no one should expect hetero or homo-sexualism take reign over the other and that serial bi-sexual encounters would be the norm for anyone, including those pre- and post- pubescent pupils this program targets. It seems natural that is how they would go through discovery to find their sexual niche. I mention "serial" bi-sexualism as serial monogamy appears to be the normal bonding routine whether through legal matrimony or the social processes of dating and long-term relationships.

Many if not most of the LGBT people I know have "shifted gears" over time as many had tried the more then socially acceptable hetero- approach but as they and the world have become more enlightened they entered into homo- relationships, some again reverting back once more.

Perhaps bi-sexualism could be the sought-after norm for indoctrination purposes. At least it would carry the least discriminatory complexities and be the more equality-based persuasion. And the LGBT designator would need to be changed to include "straight" or hetero- inclinations as well so as to eliminate references to the designator altogether or change it to LGBTS or some other such in order to be more inclusive. It would not bode well to have heterosexuality singled-out or discriminated against either.

edit on 21-10-2012 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Funny how people who argue for tolerance are the first to tear down anyone who dares to disagree with them.

...and just in case this is misunderstood by anyone, (because you probably don't get that I am talking out YOU), I am referring to people arguing for 'rights', while at the same time telling others they are wrong for wanting to stand for thier own, personal beliefs. People pushing this propaganda are some of the most bigoted people I have ever come across.

You rest your case? What case? All i saw was you having a debate with yourself

Edit: A contradictory one at that.
edit on 21/10/12 by OpenEars123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by OpenEars123

...and just in case this is misunderstood by anyone, (because you probably don't get that I am talking out YOU), I am referring to people arguing for 'rights', while at the same time telling others they are wrong for wanting to stand for thier own, personal beliefs. People pushing this propaganda are some of the most bigoted people I have ever come across.

he rests his case because your extremely hostile post, and then at the end calling everyone ELSE bigotted, made his point for him.......

Tho im not surprised that glaringly obvious display in hypocrisy escaped you in your anger induced tirade against bigotry......it seems to be quite common among those pointing the finger

edit on 21-10-2012 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   
The reality is that homosexuality is a minority group of people. I think fear generally drives the debate, in that, by facing homosexuality head on it makes people confront their own sexuality. For the most , people are not comfortable with their own sexuality and homosexuality becomes a diversion, away from their own inner dilema.

This applies to most people. 'Most' being a higher percentage of the general population of heterosexuals.

Sadly the 'most' of these people are the the people that have the prejudice.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask

he rests his case because your extremely hostile post, and then at the end calling everyone ELSE bigotted, made his point for him.......

Tho im not surprised that glaringly obvious display in hypocrisy escaped you in your anger induced tirade against bigotry......it seems to be quite common among those pointing the finger

I didn't call everyone 'else' a bigot. I called the people who starred all the bigoted posts bigots.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by magma

This applies to most people. 'Most' being a higher percentage of the general population of heterosexuals.

Sadly the 'most' of these people are the the people that have the prejudice.

Often I have found the most "prejudicial" are those who harbor the most self-repressed ambiguities. Conversely the most comfortably hetero are the least repressed and bigoted, and tend to exhibit fewer outwardly "macho" mannerisms.

edit on 21-10-2012 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask

I didn't call everyone 'else' a bigot. I called the people who starred all the bigoted posts bigots.

yes, that would be anyone who doesnt agree with YOU, now doesnt that make YOU the bigot? or once again, has that fact escaped you

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   
This should be left to the parents, if my child came home and told me that the teacher said it's not normal for a man and woman to be together, rather it is more normal for two people of the same sex to be together. I would be having a meeting with the principle ASAP. And if they refused to back down, it would be home schooling, there are limits that if crossed, require action to protect the sanity of our children.

And this is not prejudice it's a reality, pushing a gay agenda like this on people creates intolerance, that maybe wasn't they before. It's called "Blowback"
edit on 21-10-2012 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

Yes you are right, anyone can be a bigot. Unfortunately it is a vicious circle.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Wonderer2012

Haven't read all the replies on your post so I'm sorry for any redundancy, nor have I read the context of the information that you cherry picked.

It isn't the norm. It is actually rare in nature when you look at the totality of all reproducing biological entities.

I was raised in a Christian school and told more times than I can count, that anything other than heterosexuality goes against the very laws of nature. Clearly that is not the case.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   
What the flying # is happening to our societies.

So it's not enough to give gays individual democratic rights, like civil marriage - but now our children are being taught views that are barbarically opposed to natural law?

Hey! If you want to base an acceptance of homosexuality on the fact that homosexuality appears in nature. Fine. Acknowledge that this is a very SMALL occurrence. It is not the norm. In nature, heterosexuality is the norm.

What is happening to this society, where the opposite view is being promoted? This is an extremely disturbing development.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by dontreally
What the flying # is happening to our societies.

So it's not enough to give gays individual democratic rights, like civil marriage - but now our children are being taught views that are barbarically opposed to natural law?

Hey! If you want to base an acceptance of homosexuality on the fact that homosexuality appears in nature. Fine. Acknowledge that this is a very SMALL occurrence. It is not the norm. In nature, heterosexuality is the norm.

Show me the numbers

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue_Jay33

This should be left to the parents, if my child came home and told me that the teacher said it's not normal for a man and woman to be together, rather it is more normal for two people of the same sex to be together. I would be having a meeting with the principle ASAP.

So would I. But there is no indication that children are being told that. But the article certainly wants to get that impression across.

edit on 10/21/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Philodemus

What numbers? That in nature heterosexuality predominates?

Listen. Do you agree with the theory of evolution? If homosexuality were an overly common occurrence, species would die out. Instead, nature perpetuates itself by bringing opposite sexes together. That's sane. That's purposeful.

If you are seriously asking this question, I recommend you get your head checked.
edit on 21-10-2012 by dontreally because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a shockingly liberal move for a nation with a normally overprotective parent government.

yet i think they still have it wrong lol.
they shouldn't be teaching anything regarding "normal" no matter what they deem normal may be.
the effect is harmful no matter what they teach then.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Wonderer2012
[more

. I would make a logical notice, All should be treated equal importance that way no one can have a gripe.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by Blue_Jay33

This should be left to the parents, if my child came home and told me that the teacher said it's not normal for a man and woman to be together, rather it is more normal for two people of the same sex to be together. I would be having a meeting with the principle ASAP.

So would I. But there is no indication that children are being told that. But the article certainly wants to get that impression across.

edit on 10/21/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

I actually think the article was worded badly by person who wrote it.

It's been left open to too much interpretation. I'm pretty sure the purpose was, to teach kids that being gay is a normal part of life, just like it is being heterosexual.

And NOT teaching it from a biological point of view - which i agree wouldn't make sense.

The goal of the project is to reduce homophobia and prejudice, we mustn't forget that.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join