It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Children to be taught 'heterosexuality not the norm' in Australian schools project

page: 6
22
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage
 


Your right, its an article designed to stir, judging by this thread it has.
but that doesn't change the point...


Australian school children are to be told that heterosexuality is not the norm, according to a new education department pilot program called “Proud Schools.”


They are actively going to be telling kids that females/males pairing isnt the normal way of life, when in fact it is.

When they teach sex ed and explain the penis entering the vagina (which now isnt normal), i wonder if they will have a few questions on the exam about anal sex and how the peripherals of the male body function with that type of sex, after all, its just as normal now, right?

... whoops, probably shouldn't have said that i mean, we cant be telling the kids 'everything'.. just enough to be politically correct!




posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
This is wrong on so many levels.
I'm sorry for all the people who are going to be offended here,
but Homosexuality is not normal. It is not the way the human body/mind was designed.


Who are you to say what's normal? It's arrogant of some human beings to think they understand and can fully comprehend the workings of nature. Fact is, we don't know or fully comprehend how nature works, we simply don't. To claim that we weren't "designed" for homosexuality is false, because neither of us can point to fully understanding mothernature.


If you WANT to be homosexual,


I never WANTED to be straight, I didn't choose to be hetereosexual. It wasn't as if one day I decided to like the opposite sex. It was just a natural part of me, homosexuals don't choose their sexuality, they are born with it. Now either this is a fault of nature itself (which wouldn't really make it a fault) or there are some serious alien probings occuring.



posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop
 


They are actively going to be telling kids that females/males pairing isnt the normal way of life, when in fact it is.

Really? They are going to do that? Are you sure?
You've seen the actual curriculum?
edit on 10/21/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
reply to post by Phage
 


Your right, its an article designed to stir, judging by this thread it has.
but that doesn't change the point...


Australian school children are to be told that heterosexuality is not the norm, according to a new education department pilot program called “Proud Schools.”


They are actively going to be telling kids that females/males pairing isnt the normal way of life, when in fact it is.

When they teach sex ed and explain the penis entering the vagina (which now isnt normal), i wonder if they will have a few questions on the exam about anal sex and how the peripherals of the male body function with that type of sex, after all, its just as normal now, right?

... whoops, probably shouldn't have said that i mean, we cant be telling the kids 'everything'.. just enough to be politically correct!




What kind of schools have a sex ed exam??



posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   
As long as they are taught a variety of heterosexuality, and not just one version of heterosexuality.

They should be taught about polygamy in the Old Testament, in Africa and in Islam.

They should also be taught that some heterosexual behavior is no longer OK.
Stoning adulterers, for example, is no longer OK.

Well, our President, Jacob Zuma, is a polygamist and a Christian, so the heterosexuality of other cultures should also be taught.
edit on 21-10-2012 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   
The program's aim is to dismantle unjustified prejudice for crying out loud. Can't believe people are arguing in favor of prejudice and bigotry


I do understand why though. They are bigots and are desperately trying to pretend their bigoted views are "mainstream". Luckily that's slowly changing and they're a dying race, just like religious fundamentalist nutjobs.



posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian
 


Thats the point but right?

You didn't chose to be heterosexual, because your mind/body was designed that way. From birth you had the bits and pieces of a male. You didn't understand what it was or what it was for, you just knew it was there.

As you grew older you were taught that male and female go together, physically it was a biological match.

And for the record, anyone who says '' I didnt chose to be homosexual '' to me is a cop out.

You were not born homosexual, you were born human. You chose your sexuality, yes you might have chemical differences that enable you to think differently or to feel emotion and sensitivity on a different level. but you were born human, and being born male means your a match for a female.



posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage
 


No, but how do you interpret:

Children to be taught 'heterosexuality not the norm' in Australian schools project


... ?

will it not be part of the schools teaching plan ?
edit on 21-10-2012 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
reply to post by Southern Guardian
 


Thats the point but right?

You didn't chose to be heterosexual, because your mind/body was designed that way. From birth you had the bits and pieces of a male. You didn't understand what it was or what it was for, you just knew it was there.

As you grew older you were taught that male and female go together, physically it was a biological match.

And for the record, anyone who says '' I didnt chose to be homosexual '' to me is a cop out.

You were not born homosexual, you were born human. You chose your sexuality, yes you might have chemical differences that enable you to think differently or to feel emotion and sensitivity on a different level. but you were born human, and being born male means your a match for a female.




Again: Homosexuality isn't a choice...so of course you are born that way. There is no way to turn someone gay who isn't gay. Hell, prove me wrong, turn me gay!!



posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ

It's a program aimed at decreasing homophobia..


It's more politically correct overcompensation and forced social conditioning.
It's stupid to try to make people 'like' someone who has fundamentally different values.
It just ends up being counter productive.



edit on 21-10-2012 by badgerprints because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by SerialVelocity
What kind of schools have a sex ed exam??


I was making a point..

... and in fact yes, when I was in high-school I had to do a test on the subject. not an exam but a test and i remember a question directly relating to the reproductive process of a male and a female.



posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
reply to post by Phage
 


No, but how do you interpret:

Children to be taught 'heterosexuality not the norm' in Australian schools project


... ?

will it not be part of the schools teaching plan ?
edit on 21-10-2012 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)


Still quoting that nonsense article that presents the program out of context and in a completely wrong way? It's a bit laughable that you keep on posting it without ever going to a normal trustworthy source...



posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
reply to post by Southern Guardian
 


Thats the point but right?

You didn't chose to be heterosexual, because your mind/body was designed that way. From birth you had the bits and pieces of a male. You didn't understand what it was or what it was for, you just knew it was there.

As you grew older you were taught that male and female go together, physically it was a biological match.

And for the record, anyone who says '' I didnt chose to be homosexual '' to me is a cop out.

You were not born homosexual, you were born human. You chose your sexuality, yes you might have chemical differences that enable you to think differently or to feel emotion and sensitivity on a different level. but you were born human, and being born male means your a match for a female.




If you aren't gay, you can't say that. How can you possibly begin to think that gay people would choose to be a minority?? For attention? Just to be different? Do me a favour...so you're telling me you chose to be straight and could decide to change tomorrow if you wanted to?



posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
reply to post by Phage
 


No, but how do you interpret:

I interpret it as an inflammatory statement in an inflammatory article. A statement with no corroboration.



posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by badgerprints

Originally posted by MrXYZ

It's a program aimed at decreasing homophobia..


It's more politically correct overcompensation and forced social conditioning.
It's stupid to try to make people 'like' someone who has fundamentally different values.
It just ends up being counter productive.



edit on 21-10-2012 by badgerprints because: (no reason given)


In other words, you are high-fiving bigotry



posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
reply to post by Southern Guardian
 


Thats the point but right?

You didn't chose to be heterosexual, because your mind/body was designed that way. From birth you had the bits and pieces of a male. You didn't understand what it was or what it was for, you just knew it was there.

As you grew older you were taught that male and female go together, physically it was a biological match.

And for the record, anyone who says '' I didnt chose to be homosexual '' to me is a cop out.

You were not born homosexual, you were born human. You chose your sexuality, yes you might have chemical differences that enable you to think differently or to feel emotion and sensitivity on a different level. but you were born human, and being born male means your a match for a female.




Again: Homosexuality isn't a choice...so of course you are born that way. There is no way to turn someone gay who isn't gay. Hell, prove me wrong, turn me gay!!


Let me just get my mankini, baby oil and the video camera...

I mean, when I went through 6th form college (so ages 16-18 approximately) there were lots of people who chose to be homosexual as some sort of fashion statement... point being that it can be a choice.



posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ
 


It is a choice.
Your born genetically and biologically to be paired with a female or a male.

Over time you convince yourself either through peer pressure or events.

I cannot convince you to be homosexual any more than i can convince myself to be an astronaut. IT takes life events, traumatic or enjoyable things.

Homosexuality is something we mould onto ourselves, we are not BORN That way. Why?
Because when you are born you have no idea of nothing, not even being straight. Your not born anything, you become what YOU WANT.



posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop

Originally posted by SerialVelocity
What kind of schools have a sex ed exam??


I was making a point..

... and in fact yes, when I was in high-school I had to do a test on the subject. not an exam but a test and i remember a question directly relating to the reproductive process of a male and a female.


Well if schools are still doing this then I don't see why there shouldn't be questions about male-male or female-female sex. Or would that be deemed too much?



posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   
A fantastic moment for heterosexuality:

President Zuma marries his third current wife.

This is surly what makes heterosexuality great, and something to teach and aspire towards.

Perhaps one day gay people will have similarly fantastic weddings, but for now it is clear why "heterosexuality" is preferred, and why such colorful customs from around the world are taught in schools:




posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
reply to post by MrXYZ
 


It is a choice.
Your born genetically and biologically to be paired with a female or a male.

Over time you convince yourself either through peer pressure or events.

I cannot convince you to be homosexual any more than i can convince myself to be an astronaut. IT takes life events, traumatic or enjoyable things.

Homosexuality is something we mould onto ourselves, we are not BORN That way. Why?
Because when you are born you have no idea of nothing, not even being straight. Your not born anything, you become what YOU WANT.


The most ignorant post I have seen all day. So I had the exact same upbringing as my other two sisters and one brother yet I was the only one who turned out to be gay...how does that work then? I certainly didn't choose to be gay I can assure you...



new topics




 
22
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

log in

join