It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Children to be taught 'heterosexuality not the norm' in Australian schools project

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   

link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

Last I checked Jesus was big on tolerance...so if he really existed it would make sense to say he'd support this program...because it promotes tolerance

Not sure where you are getting your facts on what is tolerated by Jesus...guess time will tell what He will tolerate,and what He won't.

I do believe He is all about forgiving the repentant , but as far as condoning and tolerating sin... I think not..it is what He came to save us from.

link   

Originally posted by pacifier2012
It's just an agenda for homosexuals that have more and more freedoms yet still don't feel satisfied....and they can't figure out why!

Duh!

They want the same rights as everyone else...you know...equality

I guess you aren't for equality...which makes you a bigot.

edit on 21-10-2012 by MrXYZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by WhisperingWinds

Can we please leave the opinions of someone who probably never existed out of it? Besides as far the stories go Jesus was a little adventurous himself.

Dont know if this is the right article or not, I originally saw something about it on H2, in a program also discussing "the lost testament of Judas"

Was Jesus gay? Probably.

Edit: Also dont bother responding because I am done with this thread, it is just a colossal waste of time.

On to the real conspiracies.

edit on 21-10-2012 by Renegade2283 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ

It's just an agenda for homosexuals that have more and more freedoms yet still don't feel satisfied....and they can't figure out why!

Duh!

I'm sure those who are into incestual relationships could very well be demanding the same rights at some point, as well as those who are pedophiles.

After all who has the right to not tolerate how they were "born" ?...as in who they are sexually attracted to...no one is being hurt in the process if all parties are willing...correct?..They will demand their "equality" as well.

Ugh...I can see coming around the bend already..

edit on 21-10-2012 by WhisperingWinds because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhisperingWinds

Duh!

I'm sure those who are into incestual relationships could very well be demanding the same rights at some point, as well as those who are pedophiles.

After all who has the right to not tolerate how they were "born" ?...as in who they are sexually attracted to...no one is being hurt in the process if all parties are willing...correct?..They will demand their "equality" as well.

Incest is a choice...homosexuality isn't

I really hope you see the difference...or are you going to imply next that homosexuality is the same as f****** animals?

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Duh!

What?? Incestuous relationships are harmful to any potential child, therefore not allowed. As for the paedophile comment, are you saying the children are consenting?? Do not compare gay people to paedophiles...

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Duh!

I really hope you see the difference...or are you going to imply next that homosexuality is the same as f****** animals?

What if one is born in a way and the only people they find attractive are related to them, or that they are only attracted to animals?

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by NoMatterNeverMind

People aren't born that way in the first place, and the outcome of such relationships are deformed children as incest results in bad DNA.

link   
reply to post by Mcfrazer

I am not saying it is not normal for some people who were born with whatever gene is in the gene pool. I just resent the fact that they are making it appear that LGBT is the norm for everybody. It is not.

Tolerance on everything should only be carried to a point. At some point, it may infringe on my rights and freedoms and the rights and freedoms of my kids. That is my job to teach them. Not some math teacher trying to get a few extra bucks teaching another class. These people who teach need to be qualified in the field of sex if they are going to give their sexual opinions about other's behaviors. Let's not forget that "environment" also has an effect on people's personality. Look at the inner city schools where shooting someone else is the norm. It is not, but it is commonly accepted and practiced.

link   

Originally posted by NoMatterNeverMind

Duh!

What if one is born in a way and the only people they find attractive are related to them, or that they are only attracted to animals?

Chances of only being attracted to loved ones?? Too high to even think about, stupid argument. As for bestiality, the animals don't consent, therefore illegal.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by SerialVelocity

Duh!

What?? Incestuous relationships are harmful to any potential child, therefore not allowed. As for the paedophile comment, are you saying the children are consenting?? Do not compare gay people to paedophiles...

What if the incestuous relationship does not lead to any children, is it "allowed" then?

link   
reply to post by Nite_wing

I just resent the fact that they are making it appear that LGBT is the norm for everybody.
Please show where this is said.

At some point, it may infringe on my rights and freedoms and the rights and freedoms of my kids.
How do homosexuals infringe on your rights?

edit on 10/21/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by Nite_wing

They aren't saying it's normal for everyone...because being a heterosexual male it would be kinda weird for me to go after dudes. What the program is saying (if you actually bother reading up on it, which you clearly haven't done) is that homosexuals aren't abnormal and shouldn't be treated that way...which is a FACT.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   

reply to post by Wonderer2012

Clearly it IS normal as it's A) not a choice, and B) happening in nature all the time. From a natural perspective it is 100% a normal occurrence.

Not normal would mean it's a disease, and it's clearly not...

Is mental illness abnormal?

A) It's not a choice in many cases.
B) It happens in nature all the time.

We sure don't have a problem in classifying mentally deviant conditions as abnormal.

How about pedophilia? Is that normal too?

It's sexually deviant, it deviates from the norm.

Homosexuality too is sexually deviant, it deviates from the norm.
It is largely accepted though.

Pedophilia however is defined as a psychiatric disorder, if it wasn't for the morality involved wouldn't pedophilia be considered just another sexuality?

To me they're the same in the sense that they're both deviant sexualities, they differ in the sense that practicing homosexuality is largely innocent while practicing pedophilia is everything but innocent.

I think I have to agree with Wonderer2012, teaching people that heterosexuality is not the norm is plain wrong. Teaching people that homosexuality is normal is correct depending on how you look at it, I mean, it occurs, surely it's normal, it's not the norm though, and it can just as well be considered abnormal depending on your view or your definition of the terms.
edit on 21-10-2012 by TheLaughingGod because: Premature posting

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wonderer2012
Wow, I'm surpised by this forum.

Pointing out that being homosexual is not normal or natural does not make one intolerant.

The policy planned for the schools is to teach both are equal, that homsexuality is normal.

I disagree with this.

I am not homophobic, I just know that children experiencing puberty are already confused and perhaps it is better to let the children make their own minds up based on what society is. A program in a school is not going to alter tolerance levels, bullies will be bullies.

Sorry for thinking critically!

Wonderer, your confusion actually makes me feel a bit bad for the tone I had in what I said toward your OP. It hadn't occurred to me that you wouldn't be well aware of the mine field you threw the gates open for with this topic. I'd have gotten into my full body armor with an asbestos suit on top of that to keep my poor little tail from getting burned right off before I'd have hit submit for one like this.. lol..

I went off to find the facts on a case tho..that might help explain the raq PASSION you managed to kick real hard...apparently, without even knowing it.

The Matthew Shepard Murder - New Details in 2004 w/ overall summary

I won't spoil the new details for the majority who probably didn't catch what must have been 8pt type on page 20, with an inside bar piece at the time.
I'll just say the way the 'new' info back then adds to the narrative shows how ugly this whole topic can get from ALL sides of it.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoMatterNeverMind

Originally posted by SerialVelocity

Duh!

What if the incestuous relationship does not lead to any children, is it "allowed" then?

No, because of the risk of pregnancy. Is there any greater risk involved when two men or women have sex more than when a man and a woman do?

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   

And you can be sure that some will argue that case, and already have.

I know gay people who are very decent people, very intelligent, but is it ok if I was born to shudder when I see two men kissing. I honestly can't help it, it really turns me off...maybe I was just "born" that way ?

As far as the poster who commented that no child is willing in pedophilia , that couldn't be more untrue..very small children and even older ones can be easily manipulated to enjoy sexual contact. It is when they are forced to do things when they don't want to, or when they are physically hurt because of it, that they become unwilling.

link   

People aren't born that way in the first place, and the outcome of such relationships are deformed children as incest results in bad DNA.

I don't quite understand what's being said here, people aren't born like that but they are?

link   
reply to post by Wonderer2012

We know it is not right, it is not natural.

I agree with you core position just not to this statement, or better yet to what I perceive you intended to mean by it (since to a point it can be valid).

Not right means that something is wrong, I have no problem with any type of sexuality if all parties consent. To a point I'm even emphatic with the concept of teaching that heterosexuality is not a absolute path (even if in most open societies today this idea has already been dismantled) but claiming that heterosexuality is not the norm is nonsense.

The only not right issue is in regards to the social benefit in regards to people sexuality, to a point the state should allocate resources in order to satisfy social needs, encourage or discourage some actions can shape demographic, economical and social outcomes.

The line should be set on respecting personal freedoms and in a perfect world the government or state should not interfere but we do not live in a perfect world and I see with increasing worry that heterosexuality is strangely under attack by what, at least by present numbers, should be a minority that has taken control or center stage in media outlets and the politically correct discourse. If at best the state should not interfere, it seems ultimately wrong to pass the idea that heterosexuality is not the norm when it clearly is.

As for other than heterosexuality not being natural, this is clearly false, most variations can be found in other spaces and sex is a proven social agglutination (we can also realize that it is a risky practice and the downsides may trump any benefits). What we are witnessing is seems to be an abnormal increase in sexual deviations (being the norm heterosexuality), from a decrease in the age of puberty to an abuse of sexual freedom (no responsibility in regards to consequences) seems to be a problem of culture and indeed education allied with genetic and hormonal interference of pollutants and lack of natural selection pressures.
edit on 21-10-2012 by Panic2k11 because: grammar

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join