It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Children to be taught 'heterosexuality not the norm' in Australian schools project

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLaughingGod

I think I have to agree with Wonderer2012, teaching people that heterosexuality is not the norm is plain faulty
Is that what is being taught? Have you seen the curriculum? I'd like to see it if you have.

edit on 10/21/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

link   
I did read it. I do see it here.

I defer to the LaughingGod who said it better than I could.

link   
This is wrong on so many levels.
I'm sorry for all the people who are going to be offended here,
but Homosexuality is not normal. It is not the way the human body/mind was designed.

You only need to look at the sexual reproductive organs and understand the mechanics behind fertilization and birth to understand a man was biologically created to bond with a female.

If you WANT to be homosexual, if it makes you happy. Hey I'm all for it, thumbs up and best of luck to you.

But how dare anyone teach my child that a man and a woman isn't the natural way of life.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

But how dare anyone teach my child that a man and a woman isn't the natural way of life.

Who is teaching that?

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by SerialVelocity

Originally posted by NoMatterNeverMind

Originally posted by MrXYZ

Originally posted by WhisperingWinds

Originally posted by pacifier2012
It's just an agenda for homosexuals that have more and more freedoms yet still don't feel satisfied....and they can't figure out why!

Duh!

They want the same rights as everyone else...you know...equality

I guess you aren't for equality...which makes you a bigot.

I'm sure those who are into incestual relationships could very well be demanding the same rights at some point, as well as those who are pedophiles.

After all who has the right to not tolerate how they were "born" ?...as in who they are sexually attracted to...no one is being hurt in the process if all parties are willing...correct?..They will demand their "equality" as well.

Ugh...I can see coming around the bend already..

edit on 21-10-2012 by WhisperingWinds because: (no reason given)

Incest is a choice...homosexuality isn't

I really hope you see the difference...or are you going to imply next that homosexuality is the same as f****** animals?

What if one is born in a way and the only people they find attractive are related to them, or that they are only attracted to animals?

Chances of only being attracted to loved ones?? Too high to even think about, stupid argument. As for bestiality, the animals don't consent, therefore illegal.

"Too high to even think about, stupid argument", would you care to back this up with any statistics?

Given that incest has happened I would say that saying "stupid argument" is almost as if you're implying that those few who are most likely in the minority are not equal, or what exactly?

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wonderer2012
I for one am sick and tired of seeing this agenda playing out. I'm not homophobic in any way whatsoever, I know gay people, but it is wrong to promote the idea that homosexuality is normal. We know it is not right, it is not natural. I may come across as contradictory with that but I honestly do not mind if someone is gay, but at the same time you cannot 'educate' children into thinking it is normal. We all know it is not normal and it almost certainly is not natural.
If people are gay, then let them be so but don't indoctrinate young children into making them think it is right and normal.

this is the most strange thing that I have heard in my life ! homosexuality is not natural, I think it is vivid ! or at least one should not say that heterosexuality is abnormal and homosexuality is normal !!

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
The problem with the argument going on in this thread is that the way people are defining the word "normal" is different.

On one hand, homosexuality is very normal because it is a fairly common, natural occurrence and can be seen throughout nature, not just in humans. People who are homosexual do not have a choice to be homosexual, and being homosexual does not make them a worse person. Thus, they should be regarded as regular human beings with equal rights.

On the other hand, homosexuality is not normal in the sense that, physically/mechanically, it doesn't make sense and doesn't yield the classically expected outcome typical to the act of sex (babies). This is the view Wonderer seems to be expressing, and, like the above view, it is also very true. Note that this view is not even implying that being abnormal is negative- its simply a basic fact that homosexuality is not "normal" in this sense, and if you can't admit that you are wrong.

Wonderer really is being pretty reasonable. All the harsh assumptions that he is filled with hate are really pretty unfounded, because he has explicitly stated multiple times that he has no problem with what two consenting adults decide to do with each other, and that he supports teaching tolerance. He is just trying to say that he thinks it doesn't make sense to confuse young kids further with information about homosexuality.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   

reply to post by NoMatterNeverMind

What if one is born in a way and the only people they find attractive are related to them, or that they are only attracted to animals?

And you can be sure that some will argue that case, and already have.

I know gay people who are very decent people, very intelligent, but is it ok if I was born to shudder when I see two men kissing. I honestly can't help it, it really turns me off...maybe I was just "born" that way ?

As far as the poster who commented that no child is willing in pedophilia , that couldn't be more untrue..very small children and even older ones can be easily manipulated to enjoy sexual contact. It is when they are forced to do things when they don't want to, or when they are physically hurt because of it, that they become unwilling.

Maybe you're turned off because of the indoctrination from that archaic drivel you've been spoon-fed all your life?

As for the paedophile comment, the fact that you used the word 'manipulated' shows you know it is always wrong and absolutely nothing like homosexuality.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   

I think I have to agree with Wonderer2012, teaching people that heterosexuality is not the norm is plain faulty

Read up on the program before buying into nonsense others have posted. The program doesn't promote the view that heterosexuality isn't the norm, they merely claim that homosexuality is just as normal...because it is in nature. It also doesn't harm anyone as it is between consenting people...which isn't the case in pedophilia (as the kid isn't grown up...we also don't let them drive or vote!) and beastiality (as the animal isn't consenting).

link   

Originally posted by Phage

Is that what is being taught? Have you seen the curriculum? I'd like to see it if you have.

edit on 10/21/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

I don't know, the idea was being thrown around though, and that was what I was replying to.

link   
reply to post by Phage

Well, from the article

The program defines “heterosexism” as the practice of “positioning heterosexuality as the norm for human relationship,”

“Heterosexism” is one of the evils that the Proud Schools program is intended to stamp out

definition: Heterosexuality is romantic or sexual attraction or behavior between persons of opposite sex or gender in the gender binary.

I will be teaching my child, that the 'norm' is for a female and a male. And this isnt religion speaking, personal desires or homophobia mentalities, its the way we were biologically created!

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   

It's just an agenda for homosexuals that have more and more freedoms yet still don't feel satisfied....and they can't figure out why!

Duh!

I'm sure those who are into incestual relationships could very well be demanding the same rights at some point, as well as those who are pedophiles.

After all who has the right to not tolerate how they were "born" ?...as in who they are sexually attracted to...no one is being hurt in the process if all parties are willing...correct?..They will demand their "equality" as well.

Incest is a choice...homosexuality isn't

I really hope you see the difference...or are you going to imply next that homosexuality is the same as f****** animals?

Chances of only being attracted to loved ones?? Too high to even think about, stupid argument. As for bestiality, the animals don't consent, therefore illegal.

"Too high to even think about, stupid argument", would you care to back this up with any statistics?

Given that incest has happened I would say that saying "stupid argument" is almost as if you're implying that those few who are most likely in the minority are not equal, or what exactly?

Common sense tells you that the odds of only being attracted to what, a dozen people maximum out of 7 billion, would happen?
edit on 21-10-2012 by SerialVelocity because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Duh!

What?? Incestuous relationships are harmful to any potential child, therefore not allowed. As for the paedophile comment, are you saying the children are consenting?? Do not compare gay people to paedophiles...

What if the incestuous relationship does not lead to any children, is it "allowed" then?

No, because of the risk of pregnancy. Is there any greater risk involved when two men or women have sex more than when a man and a woman do?

What if there is no risk of pregnancy, due to infertility for example?

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheLaughingGod
Is mental illness abnormal?

We're discussing sexuality here, having a mental illness isn't necessarily a form of sexuality. It encompasses many other factors such as learning, functioning in life. Being homosexual doesn't mean you have a mental illness, gay's aren't mentally disabled. We're still discussing consenting adults who function normally in life.

How about pedophilia? Is that normal too?

No it's not normal, because we're not discussing two consenting adults here now are we?

To teaching people that heterosexuality is not the norm is plain faulty

And why is it faulty? How is teaching kids that homosexual children are no different, teaching kids that we should treat eachother with respect, how is that going to affect your life? Are you scared that kids might catch the "gayness" from these lessons? Maybe you should examine where and why you hold these irrational and fearful beliefs.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Duh!

What?? Incestuous relationships are harmful to any potential child, therefore not allowed. As for the paedophile comment, are you saying the children are consenting?? Do not compare gay people to paedophiles...

What if the incestuous relationship does not lead to any children, is it "allowed" then?

No, because of the risk of pregnancy. Is there any greater risk involved when two men or women have sex more than when a man and a woman do?

What if there is no risk of pregnancy, due to infertility for example?

I say fine, let them do it, it doesn't affect me or anyone else unjustly.
edit on 21-10-2012 by SerialVelocity because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
reply to post by Phage

Well, from the article

Yes. "From the article." A highly inflammatory article. And it is not talking about the cirriculum. It is some out of context quotes allegedly taken from the Proud Schools Consultation Report.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Trying really hard to pretend homosexuality and incest are the same thing, aren't we?

Stop being ridiculous

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   
It's 2012 and people are really arguing that homosexuality is not normal? Are you guys trolling or what?

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Some people just aren't getting it.

The article's title was about "heterosexuality" BUT the actual article was about "heterosexism".

Heterosexuality

sexual relations between opposite sexes: sexual desire or sexual relations between people of opposite sexes

Heterosexism

discrimination against gays and lesbians by heterosexuals: discrimination against gays and lesbians by heterosexuals

See? One is biological, the other is about discrimination.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Trying really hard to pretend homosexuality and incest are the same thing, aren't we?

Stop being ridiculous

No, that's neither what I am implied nor what I believe.

I just find it very curious that some people I know are more than happy with people who are heterosexual or homosexual backing it up with a reason similar to "it doesn't effect me, I don't care", but suddenly have some sort of problem with incest or polygamy both consisting of consenting adults even though it does not effect them.

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join