It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Children to be taught 'heterosexuality not the norm' in Australian schools project

page: 34
<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by WhisperingWinds

You brought it up. So you show it. I do know however the government would not allow a biased curriculum EITHER way to be implemented. So you are making the accusation of bias and agenda, you prove it. That is how this goes, oh and your source is about as unbiased as a lynch mob.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhisperingWinds

Originally posted by xKhaosXREVolutionXx
Since we're almost halfway through the first decade of the 21st century, don't you people think it's time that we started showing a little bit more tolerance...? Think of it this way; what if heterosexuality wasn't the norm but homosexuality was? How would you feel knowing that society thinks that there is something with you?

It's not a very nice feeling is it?

Society already thinks there is something wrong with me, for a number of reasons.

I know what it feels like to be considered less intelligent, unworthy to offer any "sane" opinions , to be considered less than because of social status, education, and a myriad of other reasons.

You don't have the corner on being made to feel wrong and not "normal", because you are homosexual.

I get that all the time, for varying reasons and simply because I believe that Jesus had a Divine purpose for being here, for mankind.

edit on 23-10-2012 by WhisperingWinds because: (no reason given)

Then you should take your saviors teachings to heart and show some compassion. Jesus taught that the old testament no longer holds water, rather you should "turn the other cheek" and "judge not". No where doe JC (or more accurately those who reported on him) teach anything about homosexuality.

I'm a heterosexual male who is highly educated (masters in Biochem and PhD in Chemistry) who is also seen as "suspect"... because I am educated. I'm also a Neopagan, not a tree hugging hippie, but not a conservative Christian either. Thus I understand being singled out. QED show some compassion, and stop judging.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

I hate to break it to you, many Human mothers do just that all around the world

Would you mind finding a link or a study of some kind to support this claim. Although I am aware that cannabalism exists in some places, and some humans have resorted to such to survive in extreme surroundings, I find this to be not the norm in human behavior. Cannabalism or eating placentas is really not the norm in most civilized societies. You see, our understanding of what is accepted by society as normal is different from the instincts that animals operate by, and to relegate everything we do as just animalistic is to misunderstand our relationship to the animal and nature world. Some animals eat their young, or abandon their young. I remember when I was young finding baby birds which had fallen out of their nests. I was told that if a human touched them, the mama bird would reject them. Do you think we should abandon our young if a stranger touched them? I think not, and that is what separates us from the animal kingdom.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Pay attention. There is absolutely NO reason that biology should have traded asexual or hermaphroditic reproduction for heterosexual reproduction. It is actually LESS sane and LESS intelligent.
reply to post by Philodemus

I find you to be an appreciably intellectual person, but your comment about why biology traded asexual reproduction for hetero just blows everything you say that makes sense. Are you trying to make sense out of the Darwinian concept that we humans evolved from earlier organism out of the need for survival and thus you cannot fathom why nature did such a thing ? Perhaps it is time to re-assess what this whole Darwinian stuff is about, and realize that there is a higher purpose for us, and that it is not so much that nature made us trade in some earlier organisational reproduction for something that better survives it's environment, but that the dance of yin and yang, male and female is the natural evolution for us as made in the image and likeness of Elohim. If I may interject a more deeply metaphysical concept here, that concept is that we were created by Elohim(the Divine US) first as androgynous beings in spirit, and then the androgynous beings we were became split into male and female parts of the Divine Whole. One has only to look to the Chinese symbol of the Tao to understand the cosmic dance of Alpha and Omega, male and female, yin and yang to understand the natural balance of the cosmos.
Because this is not understood, people who are pushing for the agenda of teaching schoolchildren about gay sex are insisting that their way needs to be forced on a society which has traditonally understood that the dance of the cosmos is male and female and that is reflected in our relationship with each other as pro-creators.

A biological fact I think is worthy of note is that at present humans do not reproduce asexually. Even if science has found a way to reproduce humans out of test tubes or through artificial insemination without sexual intercourse, it is obviously a scientific intervention not done by natural means, and that it still requires a fertilization of a female egg with a male sperm. That should require no further explanation, don't you think? This is a natural law and likely will not change for humans, and has not changed for hundreds of thousands of years..

edit on 24-10-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 03:10 AM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

Just a couple of items:

(1) Darwinian evolution is like using punch cards to program a computer compared to modern understandings of evolution. With the advent of genetic sequencing we understand much better. Darwin had no idea about genetics because DNA had yet to be discovered, or understood.

(2) they are not teaching about homosexual sex, they are teaching kids to accept others differences. You know judge not and all that jazz.

And

(3) Humans don't just have sex to reproduce thus your arguments are invalidated.

Homosexuality and bisexuality are seen in nature.
edit on 24-10-2012 by Noinden because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-10-2012 by Noinden because: Spelling

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by MountainLaurel

Well personally I agree with you about how it should be called Heath Class. I also don't like our current public school system, I feel everyone has different styles of learning such as by writing, visuals, readings, kinesthetically (learning through action/movement), and more. Our school cators to the average of everyone but in reality everyone has differences and its hard for each student to get the best education they need. I lucky enough to be a learner by reading and writing so I do very well in school but many of my friends do not, I believe if the school was more capable to cator to students individual needs then many more children would be successful. Personally learning through action and movement helps validate information in my head so I would love to see that, the only thing close is hands on science experiments. Schools make it seem like your either a dumb kid or a smart kid, in reality the "smart kids" might just be more suited to the general way of teaching our school uses. Though with our current education system it would be extremely hard to work towards everyone's needs.

I was thinking about this last night but obviously there would be much more thinking needed to perfect it but a cool system could be one parent in a local block/area teaches a group of 3-4 students. There can be multiple parents in an area all teaching through different style. There are tests (I did a couple) that help show your style of learning. Obviously parents bias could affect this but if they went through a training program (similar to a teaching degree in university) along with a psychological eval they would be more equipped to teach. Each student would also establish a better connection with the teacher and have more individual time.

I know someone said that back in there day kids didn't "pick a gender" and were either a boy or a girl. Obviously 20-50 years ago there was the same number of homosexuals. They just lived in a society that if they were open about it they would be seriously injured or verbally hurt. People can feel more comfortable with something they don't have a choice over in this day and age so that's why it seems more common.

If being gay was a choice why would there always be a consistent population number of them?

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarknStormy
reply to post by mc4denmark

They will learn and experience life themselves without having others influencing the way they feel about their sexuality. I send my kids to school to learn things like English, Maths, Science, History, How to write, Sing, Dance, Learn to play an instrument. Not to learn about Homosexuality and its beneifts to society.
edit on 22-10-2012 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

So you don't think your kids should be taught about sex in school? Because all it is is science. You'll do a lot more damage to your children if you don't teach them about these things.
And "they will experience life without having others influence the way they feel about their sexuality"
Except they'll have their dad their telling them that being gay isn't normal.
You are quite funny, its sad.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by OpenEars123
Sooooooooooo if one of kids turned out to gay, what a wonderful life they would have knowing thier parents no longer consider them "normal"
Stella parenting there,.. Well done you!

Let me get this straight... You actually think I would turn my daughter away if she told me she was a lesbian?

Do you have children?

My daughters can be who ever they choose to be without the influence of Homosexual pushing agendas. If she wants to be a homosexual and succeed in school, she has my backing 100%. Don't interfer with my childrens learning/confusing them.
edit on 22-10-2012 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

There is no such thing as a "homosexual agenda" that's being pushed on us and our children. You might be the most homophobic person I've ever come across who thinks they like gay people.
Why would homosexuals want to turn the world gay? You are ridiculous

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   

reply to post by mc4denmark

Maybe homosexuals should open a school for homosexual kids... Would that work better? make them feel a bit more comfortable, equal?

Equal? Yes because All our schools are exclusive to straight children and the gay ones have to sneak in.
I worry for your children when you say "I have dealt with homosexuality and racism"

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by TruthxIsxInxThexMist
reply to post by Wonderer2012

Definately wrong to promote Homo's as the norm in Society!!

School Children should not have to listen to this drivel!!

I'm betting the people promoting this Agenda are Gay!!

Why else would they want this promoting??

Also, why promote trans-sexuals?? WTF is this World coming to?

It is not NORMAL to be Trans-sexual!! It's bloody Weird though....

edit on 22-10-2012 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: (no reason given)

What is this world coming to? I think you're a good example. When it comes to racism, sexism and equality in general, I think were going backwards.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wongbeedman

So you don't think your kids should be taught about sex in school? Because all it is is science. You'll do a lot more damage to your children if you don't teach them about these things.

How brainiac?

And "they will experience life without having others influence the way they feel about their sexuality"

Well, I'm not a homosexual so to me, it isn't normal and 98% of the Australian population not being homosexual proves it.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   

There is no such thing as a "homosexual agenda" that's being pushed on us and our children.

Then keep it away from my kids school.

You might be the most homophobic person I've ever come across who thinks they like gay people.
Why would homosexuals want to turn the world gay? You are ridiculous

No, your ridiculous. Keep the homosexual crap away from my kids, simple..

edit on 24-10-2012 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by vendettent

You really are a bright young man...I'm old enough to remember when they had auto shop, wood shop, horticulture, textiles, home ec. and many more "hands on" classes....after Star Testing was introduced the schools changed and became more of a test taking environment, which as you pointed out doesn't work for many kids learning styles, and I think boys especially got the "short end of that stick".

I have had similiar ideas about small community teaching groups, but as things stand now with our current system that wouldn't be allowed, even to home school your own child you still have to meet certain requirments and be monitered. Heck, some old lady that made hot meals for the kids in her neighborhood that was very poor, is being hassled because she needs a permit, which would cost her $1000.

I don't know what the answers are anymore, many people are very sceptical of the motives and control the Federal Government seems to want over our children, the years I had my daughter in private school was very eye opening, lol, and VERY expensive, could have never done it without Grandma's help. The difference is like day and night between public schools...the elite's kids are not being taught to be good little worker bees.

I know you said it would have made you feel better to be taught in "Sex-Ed" class, that some people are gay and it's not abnormal for them. You have swayed my opinion to that extent. Much of this debate is about symantics anyways..what is the definition of "normal"? I do find it very bizzare to have classes to teach about sex in junior high, why?

Frankly, I never learned anything in "Health Class" I didn't already know, lmao, my Mom already bought us the "book"....she had a "book" for everything, Where do Babies come From, Becoming a Woman, When the Dog Dies, you name it....she had a book.......but I am curious from your perspective, do you think you or the other kids learned anything you didn't already know in "Sex-Ed" class?

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Equal? Yes because All our schools are exclusive to straight children and the gay ones have to sneak in.
I worry for your children when you say "I have dealt with homosexuality and racism"

Why would you worry? My daughter was caught saying something she shouldn't to her Aboriginal friend... She was told why it was wrong and why she cannot use the word she used. The same would happen if she was to offend a homosexual or any other person in any way.

You need to keep your drivel to yourself, you don't know me or my kids....

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by DarknStormy

I agree with much of what your saying, it seems the "message" in some way is that parents can't be trusted to teach their kids "values" and perhaps in some cases some terrible parents teach thier kids to be little bullies, and that's when we teach our kids to have healthy self esteem, and reject those kids, and stand them down.

It would be interesting to hear from some teachers on this subject.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by DarknStormy

I can understand what your saying. I don't think in schools homosexuality should be described in great detail. Though I do think that everyone have different opinions and schools should cator to all. I noticed that the worlds population of gays is always 3-10% never rising even in our modern day where it is more accepted. I don't think information about being gay should be shoved down your daughters throat similar to how religion isn't in public school but kids developing as gay shouldent be ignored either. I think, as a gay person, schools should clarify that not everyone develops the same way. If a student talks to a teacher in private about things they don't understand the teAcher should be able to answer there questions.

Sex ed in science should teach how reproduction works but clarify that a small number of people might develop differently.
When I hit puberty I ddint fully understand my feelings and I didnt know what was happening because I didn't fully understand my feelings. I tried to deny and change these feelings through religion. Don't you think public schools should consider all there children? They can't support gays and ignore people who don't want that but they also can't ignore gays and support the others. That's why I think that students should be told how a human normally develops but should also say that not everyone develops the same way and the teacher cann say that if anyone wants to talk to the teacher in private there open for it.

I'm not sure if you disagree but I don't think discussing specifics of homosexuality will make kids gay but at the same time it should not be discussed in extreme detail.
Though some disagree I think any gay kid would agree that they ddint chose to be gay so it is inevitable. Regardless if being gay happens from a abnormality in the brain or if the parents teaching style affects the kid it is still not the kid's choice so we shouldent punish them for something they may of not wanted (like me).

I don't know, what do you think? I just personally feel that schools should find a happen medium upon conflict.
edit on 24-10-2012 by vendettent because: wrote on my phone and changed spelling.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by MountainLaurel
I agree with much of what your saying, it seems the "message" in some way is that parents can't be trusted to teach their kids "values" and perhaps in some cases some terrible parents teach thier kids to be little bullies, and that's when we teach our kids to have healthy self esteem, and reject those kids, and stand them down.

My ex wife could teach my children about homosexuality better than anyone in a school.. Not because she is an expert on the subject, simply because she is my daughters mother and knows my daughters better than anyone else. She is the only person I will trust (myself also) when it comes to delicate subjects like this. I'm not homophobic, its just one of them issues that should be left to the parents.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   

How brainiac?

Well, I'm not a homosexual so to me, it isn't normal and 98% of the Australian population not being homosexual proves it.

You don't seem to understand diversity, it doesn't matter that its not normal to you, when somethings based on opinion and not on matter of fact, then it should be taught or discussed from a neutral standpoint. You disagreeing with that, is pretty much saying you want your children to arrive in these classes and already have an onion on the matter, you already said if your kids turn out gay, you'd never turn them away.

"I'm not homophobic, its just one of them issues that should be left to the parents."
Your idea of what's homophobic and what isn't, is very twisted.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   

You don't seem to understand diversity, it doesn't matter that its not normal to you, when somethings based on opinion and not on matter of fact, then it should be taught or discussed from a neutral standpoint.

Start with adults who can then teach their children.

You disagreeing with that, is pretty much saying you want your children to arrive in these classes and already have an onion on the matter, you already said if your kids turn out gay, you'd never turn them away.

I don't want them being taught about homosexuality.

"I'm not homophobic, its just one of them issues that should be left to the parents."

I am not scared of homosexuals... I don't hate homosexuals. just because I do not agree with children being taught about homosexuality in school, doesn't mean I hate, discriminate against homosexuals...

Anyway, even if I was to tell my children homosexuality is wrong, does that make me a bad parent in your eyes? Hopefully my girls get married to a man... Is there something wrong with wanting that also?

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   

You don't seem to understand diversity, it doesn't matter that its not normal to you, when somethings based on opinion and not on matter of fact, then it should be taught or discussed from a neutral standpoint.

Start with adults who can then teach their children.

You disagreeing with that, is pretty much saying you want your children to arrive in these classes and already have an onion on the matter, you already said if your kids turn out gay, you'd never turn them away.

I don't want them being taught about homosexuality.

I am not scared of homosexuals... I don't hate homosexuals. just because I do not agree with children being taught about homosexuality in school, doesn't mean I hate, discriminate against homosexuals...

Anyway, even if I was to tell my children homosexuality is wrong, does that make me a bad parent in your eyes? Hopefully my girls get married to a man... Is there something wrong with wanting that also?

But if you don't agree with children being taught about it in schools then you're implying they don't deserve it, and that's an obvious form of discrimination.

Maybe our kids need to be taught more about discrimination against racial/sexual minorities? Surely that's fair?
And yes in my opinion it does, not because you think homosexuality is wrong, but because you're teaching them that its wrong instead of letting them decide for themselves.
Personally I admit, I don't agree with it, its counter productive in my opinion.
But people have their own opinions, and I know mine means absolute zilch to everyone else.

new topics

top topics

<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join