It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Romney will raise taxes on the rich by 1 Trillion to pay for his Middle Class tax cuts

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by snusfanatic
reply to post by Xtrozero

Obama is willing to let the "Bush Tax Cuts" (current tax rates) for the middle class "Expire" (be raised), if it means higher taxes on small businesses and the rich.

Talk about an extremist. I want to pay 1/5 lower taxes in 2013 then I paid in 2012, not HIGHER taxes then I was paying in 2002. Forward?

Not exactly the plan is to yes let them all expire. And then pass legislation that will reenact them for the under 250k/year brackets.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Isn't it odd that not one person has brought up Ben Stein's recent statements on FOX in regard to Taxes.

There isn't even a thread on it.

All this discussion on taxes - - - and that is just ignored.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by snusfanatic

Obama is willing to let the "Bush Tax Cuts" (current tax rates) for the middle class "Expire" (be raised), if it means higher taxes on small businesses and the rich.

Talk about an extremist. I want to pay 1/5 lower taxes in 2013 then I paid in 2012, not HIGHER taxes then I was paying in 2002. Forward?

Nope. It's just the top 2% that Obama will let expire.
The republicans are holding the middle-class hostage(again)
and saying if their(the 2%) taxes go up so will the middle-class .

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Romney will raise taxes on the rich by 1 Trillion to pay for his Middle Class tax cuts

i like what i'm hearin'

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by tinhattribunal

i like what i'm hearin'

Romney says a lot of things people like hearing.

HOW he's gonna do those things - - is another matter - - which he tends to ignore.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Any candidate who proposes tax cuts while the country is drowning in debt is a candidate who isn`t fit to be president.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by AQuestion
reply to post by snusfanatic

Dear snusfanatic,

But, what you missed was the second part. Romney wants to eliminate many tax deductions for the middle class and that will result in an overall increase in what the middle class and lower pay.

Yep, I can see it now......
Romney "Today, we are lowering taxes for everyone."
Everyone, "Um, why are we paying more?"
Romney "Didn't you read the fine print?"

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity

A President must work with all parties or else nothing will get done! Split Infinity

Just because Romney said it, doesn't make it true, really, if any politician says something, it probably ISN'T true. ......What I mean is this, Obama DID try to work with the Republicans the past 2 years. It was the Republicans who attempted to stop everything he did. It was the Republicans who acted like children. Romney keeps saying things like we need a president who will work with both parties.....but we have one who will.

It's the republicans who won't work with Obama, not the other way around.
edit on 20-10-2012 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

Dear Ghost375,

I have to be clear, I don't support any candidate and have no intention to vote in this joke. I think Obama is horrible and detest that he has continued to allow torture. Romney flat out said that he did not represent almost half of all Americans. He said that the Republican party was the party of the people who wanted to be rich. The OP played an accounting game to attempt to prove otherwise. The truth is that under the Romney plan the additional tax payments would come from the middle class. He did say he would raise taxes on the wealthy.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by texasgirl

YEP! That's what I mean. I have nothing that I dislike about Obama except one very important thing he seems to lack. THE ABILITY TO WORK WITH BOTH SIDES! I am from Mass. and guess who developed Universal Health Care? ROMNEY and his team.

Guess what Obama used as the model for Universal Health Care in the U.S.?....ROMNEY CARE!
Guess what team Obama brought in to develop Universal U.S. Health Care?....ROMNEY'S TEAM!

It is not what you say you can or will do...IT IS WHAT YOU DO!
Split Infinity

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

GHOST...I agree. I am a Massachusetts INDEPENDENT! I do not like either party. I had hopes for Obama. He is our President and I respect any American President. The issue is that Obama does not have the skill to be able to WORK or CONVINCE the Republican Leadership that to work with HIM will be in their BEST INTERESTS as well as the interests of the U.S.

It is this inability to use whatever means necessary to get the JOB DONE...as far as getting our economy going...that ROMNEY...in my opinion...is better suited for. Romney and TED KENNEDY stood together at NATHANIEL HALL and joked with each other as an almost total Democratic Mass. Legislature was only too Happy to sign and vote in Favor of ROMNEY CARE. Romney used the Best Economic Experts available along with the Insurance Companies and with any issues raised by the Mass. Dems. to develop MASSACHUSETTS UNIVERSAL HEALTH CARE. I am WEALTHY and my Insurance Premiums have GONE DOWN! EVERYONE IN MASS HAS HEALTH CARE! EVERYONE!

ROMNEY CARE was the template that OBAMA used as well as Obama bringing in Mitt Romney's Expert Team to construct the current U.S. Universal Health Care. The problem is that the DEM's when they had a Majority in both House and Senate...would not use the Current and Working Mass. Universal Insurance Coverage Plan as it was designed to WORK AND BE VIABLE! The DEM's started squabbling when they had those Majorities and the Current U.S. Universal Health Care Plan is not like the plan that is working in Mass. as some parts were GUTTED by the DEM's.

If ROMNEY CARE is used as is in every State...it will work on the National Level. It was developed by the FINEST MINDS IN BUSINESS AND ECONOMICS...not like the current...DOOMED TO FAILURE and a plan that will SKYROCKET COSTS because the DEM's could not STAND to use a REPUBLICAN GOVERNOR from MASSACHUSETTS PLAN...which is STUPID as ROMNEY used the BEST PEOPLE SUITED TO DEVELOP THE PLAN!

This is where I think Obama Lacks...his inability to break away from his own Party's Consultants as Romney did when the Republican Party SCREAMED at Romney not to develop a Universal Health Care Plan for Mass...but Romney did so anyways. He did it because it was a way for him to bridge the Gap which he started with and what better way to earn the attention and respect of those who disagree with you than to Develop a Plan that was needed to cut Emergency Room Costs that were Killing Mass. with HUGE BUDGET RED INK and by taking on a DEMOCRAT'S DREAM LEGISLATION...and actually figure a way to make it work and thus Romney was able to CUT COSTS IN MASS. thus furthering the REPUBLICAN AGENDA of cutting budget deficits and doing so by using the other Party's agenda....allowed for good will and a desire for both sides to take on other issues...together!

This is what is needed NOW! The ONLY WAY to create jobs is to help SMALL BUSINESSES which employ over 80% of all people in the U.S. Romney has a plan...Obama has a TOKEN PLAN. Believe me...if we put even a quarter of that 450 Billion Dollars into Small Business Development an Low Interest rate...we would spark this economy...BIG TIME! Split Infinity

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3chainz

So which one is it?

edit on 20-10-2012 by 3chainz because: (no reason given)

Whichever gets him your vote.

edit on 10/21/2012 by The_Oracle because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375
Just because Romney said it, doesn't make it true,

It is not that he said it...its he DID IT as Governor of a blue state....He has already proven he can...

Obama DID try to work with the Republicans the past 2 years.

Clinton and Regan and even Bush was able to work with congress. Obama is the only President complaining about everyone else as to blame, and that is so 7 year old...

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

Sorry,

Romney first has to get it introduced in the house then changes are made then it gets voted on then it gets sent to the senate where they make changes send it back to the house then passed back up then it might end on on Romney's desk.

Of course that is IF Romney wins, and that is IF the house stays Republican majority, and IF the senate has a change of power to Republican majority.

Whole lot of if's there to be condemning a dude who may or not even be Potus.

Regardless who wins the White House, if they have a split congress, both candidates numbers and predictions will never happen. A split congress means no budgets for another 4 years just like the last 3. The common man will suffer, business will suffer, everyone loses.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tardacus
Any candidate who proposes tax cuts while the country is drowning in debt is a candidate who isn`t fit to be president.

Any candidtae who proposes tax increases on anyone while the country is drowning in debt AND losing jobs is a candidate who isn't fit to be president.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   

YEP! That's what I mean. I have nothing that I dislike about Obama except one very important thing he seems to lack. THE ABILITY TO WORK WITH BOTH SIDES!

Do I live in an alternate reality?

Part of Obama's problem in his early presidency was trying to compromise and work with the Republicans.

You can't (no one can) work or compromise with a group that thinks "It's my way or the highway".

I am a former Republican. I am not a Democrat. But what's REAL is REAL. It is not Obama who is lacking in working with the opposition.

Many Republicans have left the party because of how this current Neo-Con group behaves. They are insane.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

You misunderstand my post. I am aware that Obama sent overtures and declared he was willing and able to work with all sides...and that the Republican Party only tried to block everything he tried to do.

What I am getting at is as far as you and I are concerned...the only thing that truly matters are RESULTS! Even if I LOVED OBAMA...I would not vote for a man that cannot get results. Here is where ROMNEY...and don't think for a minute that I do not have extreme reservations about Romney!.....seems to be able to excel.

When Romney first was elected Governor of Mass...he ran into a Brick Wall! The Legislature was almost 100% Democrat's and he was getting NO WHERE! He adapted and used a Democratic DREAM LEGISLATION ISSUE and actually made it work! It was ROMNEY....NOT the Democrat's that was able to make Universal Health Care Viable from a Money perspective. By bringing in the Best Experts he showed that he knew that a person must use the RIGHT PEOPLE to get results...and we have UNIVERSAL HEALTH CARE IN MASS.

So Obama may not be at fault but when you are President...YOU ARE THE LEADER! It is his job to MAKE THINGS WORK! Excuses don't cut it! Split Infinity

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Dear Annee,

Nice to see you again. that was an interesting post, bringing up an idea I hadn't thought about for a while. While it may be surprising, even astonishing, there are some who believe Obama was not dedicated to bipartisanship.

The new president demanded bold and swift action to fix a battered economy. Eight days later, the Democratic-led House approved an $825 billion stimulus package — without a single Republican voting for it.

"Everything got off on the wrong foot, essentially," says Sen. Olympia Snowe, a moderate from Maine who was one of the few Republicans the president lobbied on the stimulus.

It would have helped, she says, had the president widened his outreach.

Obama did, in fact, reach out on other matters to many of his former GOP Senate colleagues, including the man he beat in the presidential race, Arizona's John McCain. But McCain says there was no follow-through.

"After the election, I was invited over to the White House with a large number of congressmen and senators on the issue of immigration reform," he recalls. "I pledged that I would work with him. Never heard from them again."
www.npr.org...

He may attempt to blame conservatives exclusively for the small-minded gamesmanship, but he’s compiled his own long record of below-the-belt, straw-man attacks, sliming his opponents as greedy and corrupt, claiming that they place plutocrats and corporate power above the public welfare.

Instead of the fresh era of “unity of purpose,” President Obama must acknowledge that his signature legislative achievement, health-care reform, passed both houses of Congress without a single Republican vote, and led elected officials in the majority of states to challenge its constitutionality before the Supreme Court.

www.thedailybeast.com... And from just before the 2010 elections:

Swept into power on a wave of adulation and talk of an historic new era, Obama never felt he needed to work with Republicans. It took him 18 months before he invited Senator Mitch McConnell, the Senate Minority Leader, to the White House.

Rather than Obama picking up the phone, the meeting was brokered by Trent Lott and Tom Daschle, two former Senate Majority leaders who are now lobbyists. Boehner, like Obama, is an avid golfer but the President has never seen fit to ask the Republican leader in the House to join him on the links.

He's appeared on the Reverend Al Sharpton's internet radio show to woo black voters. On Univision radio, he told Latino voters of the need to "punish our enemies". He routinely attacks Fox News and Karl Rove, President George W. Bush's former adviser, as a way of energising liberals
Telegraph 2010

i don't know about alternative universe, but there are people who see it differently than you do.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

You misunderstand my post. I am aware that Obama sent overtures and declared he was willing and able to work with all sides...and that the Republican Party only tried to block everything he tried to do.

OK. I've read some posts (elsewhere) from some who claim the same as you. But they no longer support Romney because they no longer trust him. They feel he's become a puppet who flip-flops - - pandering to who/whatever he is told to.

Would the "bully mentality" Republicans work with Romney? I'm sure they would. But what does that mean?

There is nothing I agree with Romney on. And I am a former Republican.

I remember when I worked on the 30th something floor in one of the skyscrapers in downtown Los Angeles. I got to wear designer clothes and be a part of something that felt big and important. I got to look down on the "little people" below. I was 18 years old. I could have easily got caught up in that mentality. I don't want to be that person.

I'll stand with integrity and live on the street if I have to. But I want nothing to do with what Republicans have become.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

I have to agree with you to an extent but not all Republicans are like that and not all Democrats are Crazed Liberals who want to create a Communist State! LOL!

I am not very happy with either of the choices and as I have said...I am a registered Independent. But here is the thing that concerns me....The current economy is stagnant. If we have a Cold Winter...Energy Prices will SKYROCKET! Obama has not created VIABLE JOBS and is planning to spend 450 Billion in what will be another failed attempt at Stimulus as he is not getting the Money to the Right People.

Who are the right people? The People who provide this country with over 80% of ALL JOBS IN THE UNITED STATES! SMALL BUSINESS! The Democratic Party as well as Obama are not even really THINKING ABOUT IT! How can he ignore the people that provide over 80% of all Jobs and if there is to be a recovery...it will be from Jobs created by SMALL BUSINESS!

There can not be a recovery without job creation and Obama does not have a CLUE about this. I do not fully trust Romney Either! But when looking at what both are saying...without JOBS...people really don't care about Health Care if they can't buy FOOD! Split Infinity

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join