It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Romney will raise taxes on the rich by 1 Trillion to pay for his Middle Class tax cuts

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 02:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

I do not dislike Obama but I have concerns that as some have already said here...NOTHING WILL GET DONE! He had Majorities in both House and Senate and He still could not get Health Care squared away. THAT concerns me.

A President must work with all parties or else nothing will get done! Split Infinity

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity
LOL! OC MORMONS? Acting like THE MAN? Not that I don't believe you...just that I have never met one that wasn't Nice to the point of it being almost Sickeningly Sweet. Split Infinity

A lot of mormons in the Air Force, and everyone I knew were very nice people. The kind of people if I needed someone to take care of my kids or watch my house I would not hesitate asking them.

Extremely down to earth and never pushed their beliefs. They would even sit with us and have a good time as we drank margaritas out front with other neighbors and never condemn us for our nasty habits...

edit on 20-10-2012 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 02:15 AM
link   

A President must work with all parties or else nothing will get done! Split Infinity

For me that is the bottom line to it all no matter how much we all debate the issues....

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 02:16 AM
link   
The greatest difference between the ideologies is the size of government.

Smaller government have more money to everyone.

Larger government? Less.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 02:19 AM
link   

reply to post by randomname

Have you ever met a Mormon? Now personally...I believe that their Religious Beliefs border on STUPIDITY but they have one thing going for them...THEY CARE ABOUT OTHER PEOPLE AND ARE NICE AS HELL! LOL!

I agree with you on their beliefs, but let's add one more thing... Mormons see America as the chosen land, they see the constitution as a sacred document. They even believe a Mormon will rise up and save the constitution from destruction.

I can't say this is a bad thing for a president to believe in...sure beats the apology president...

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Larger government? Less.

Smaller government allows people to keep more of their OWN money...a little different statement than how you wrote it.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero

Larger government? Less.

Smaller government allows people to keep more of their OWN money...a little different statement than how you wrote it.

Nod

Correction noted.

(was talking to my son and got distracted)

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Larger government? Less.

And who is offering small government? Tell me and I'll go vote for that party!

FYI : It sure as hell ain't your precious Romney

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by muse7

Larger government? Less.

And who is offering small government? Tell me and I'll go vote for that party!

FYI : It sure as hell ain't your precious Romney

So we stay with a president who encourages larger government?

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 02:51 AM
link   

What we really need is some common sense. Government is WAY TOO BIG! It is IMPOSSIBLE to create long term JOBS by expanding Government. It is also a waste of Money to keep putting money in the wrong hands.

If Obama had put ONE TENTH of the Stimulus Package into Small Business Development and Low Interest Loans for Small Businesses...we would no longer have a stagnant economy.

THINK about this! 80% of all JOBS are created by SMALL BUSINESSES! 80%....80%!!!!!!! Yet neither Party until Romney talked about doing anything for the LARGEST EMPLOYER IN THE UNITED STATES! Small Business People know how to STRETCH A BUCK!

A Small Business is defined as a Business that has fewer than 100 employees. I know a great deal about this issue as my Father...a former Military Officer...and Mother...a former "CIVILIAN" Air Force SAC employee both started small businesses and now I help run several large Family Owned Companies in my spare time. I started off at 5 years old taking out the trash for 50 Cents an HOUR! We employed many different types of people and still do and we made sure to employ people who spoke multiple languages. I was brought up and raised to be a NON-RACIST and I find that Ethnic Diversity is one of this countries GREATEST STRENGTHS!

I will speak out when I see a person being a Bigot as well as speak out when I see an Specific Race, Creed or Color acting as if they are being held back by White America as people tend to treat people in the way that a person behaves or lacks in Work Ethic. There have been in the past and still to this day Bigots and Injustices but as OBAMA has shown us...in the U.S....ANYONE CAN DO ANYTHING!

Still...when I listen to some Christians act as if the Country should belong to them...or Mid-West America hammering Mexicans who are the only people who would take a Crop Picking Job...and although we need them...want to build a WALL....instead of just making it a bit easier for these necessary people to get a Green Card and eventual Citizenship...or some Ultra-Conservative making comments that disparage OUR PRESIDENT...I have to speak out.

This works both ways as when Bill Cosby spoke at U-MASS and had a scathing lecture to African-Americans on how it was necessary for African-Americans to stop making excuses and start working to portray themselves in a better light to other Americans in a Lead by Example Concept...Bill was hammered by multiple African-American Groups...but you know what...he was RIGHT!

There will always be some people who don't get it and will be Racist and Bigots...but the time for excuses is OVER! What we need now is JOBS! What better way to create New Jobs than help Small Businesses?
Split Infinity

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 06:08 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Romney is just as big government as Obama.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by 3chainz
reply to post by beezzer

Romney is just as big government as Obama.

Romney Will Shrink Government, Strengthen Economy

Link-a-reenee
edit on 20-10-2012 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 06:33 AM
link   

reply to post by randomname

Have you ever met a Mormon? Now personally...I believe that their Religious Beliefs border on STUPIDITY but they have one thing going for them...THEY CARE ABOUT OTHER PEOPLE AND ARE NICE AS HELL! LOL!

No kidding! It is difficult to vilify someone who is basically a concerned person who cares about people. There is a South Park episode about this and it is true. I have only met perhaps 15 Mormons in my life but every one was the kind of person who cared more about what I was feeling than themselves.

It is tough to label this a bad trait. Split Infinity

I had a co-worker/friend who is a Mormon and, I tell you, she was the nicest person I have ever met. Her husband lost his job and they were having trouble paying their house so all the members of her church banded together and paid her mortgage and bills, cooked them dinners and had parties for them. Everyone loves her, she is always so positive and caring.

My church didn't give a flying flip about me when I needed it...
edit on 20-10-2012 by texasgirl because: Wrong wording

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by campanionator

Apparently not the 25,000 poor people in South Chicago he helped to get evicted into -11 degree weather. I would think he related well to the real estate developers he helped to make big bucks on the property after he helped get all those poor people out of the way.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by snusfanatic
. Damn that Bush plan of letting Middle and Working class people pay less taxes, that and the wars caused the mortgage crisis...I heard it from Obama so it must be true.

huh?

My taxes were much higher during Bush. What are you talking about? When did anyone ever say that the wars caused the mortgage crisis? Have all Republicans lost their minds?

You know there is a reason Bush is not paraded out to support Romney, right?
You know there is a reason that bring up Bush just gets "BUSH IS NOT PRESIDENT ANYMORE, GET OVER HIM" as response right?

Or are you just making crap up for fun?

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Obama is willing to let the "Bush Tax Cuts" (current tax rates) for the middle class "Expire" (be raised), if it means higher taxes on small businesses and the rich.

Talk about an extremist. I want to pay 1/5 lower taxes in 2013 then I paid in 2012, not HIGHER taxes then I was paying in 2002. Forward?

No he's not. Obama only wants the tax cuts for the upper class to expire but keep the cuts for the middle class.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   
great job! i would vote for romney if not just to add another signature to his death warrant

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   

What we really need is some common sense. Government is WAY TOO BIG! It is IMPOSSIBLE to create long term JOBS by expanding Government. It is also a waste of Money to keep putting money in the wrong hands.

The deal is Obama's whole experience has been either tied to education or social services. Both of these areas live in their own bubbles and both get funded quite heavily by the government. He just doesn't have a concept of what it takes to be successful with ZERO Government funds being pumped into these programs creating artificial success.

If Obama had put ONE TENTH of the Stimulus Package into Small Business Development and Low Interest Loans for Small Businesses...we would no longer have a stagnant economy.

I can understand how people would not agree with Romney, how they would not vote for him, BUT how the hell they can defend Obama, or think he has done a good job is truly puzzling to me.
800 billion dollars...holy crap and all we got from it was a flicker of recovery...800 BILLION dollars. Now he wants to do it again with 450 billion and even his own party is saying NO...lol

Still...when I listen to some Christians act as if the Country should belong to them...or Mid-West America hammering Mexicans who are the only people who would take a Crop Picking Job...and although we need them...want to build a WALL....instead of just making it a bit easier for these necessary people to get a Green Card and eventual Citizenship...or some Ultra-Conservative making comments that disparage OUR PRESIDENT...I have to speak out.

I don't know why we don't secure our borders while creating a robust work visa program. These people don't need green card and they don't need to become citizens, they want to work and we should have a system in place that allows them to do that legally.

It protects them too, and they don't need to spend 1000s for a coyote to hike them through the desert just to get caught. They could pay a few hundred for a work visa, get background checked, then get on a bus and head off to work, and since they would be legal, employers would not be able to abuse.

Once again this is an area Obama will not touch with a ten foot pole...

edit on 20-10-2012 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
I think I am getting Romnesia because I've never read a title like this

Sticks and stones can break my bones but BAINS will never hurt me, or will it:^)

"Romesia joke is a surprise hit on twitter"
mashable.com...

Obama care can cure pre-existing conditions, Romnesia is a curable disease!

Vote for Obama !

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by campanionator

You heard it here first folks. Romney simply can't afford the 1/5 across the board tax cut that he is proposing for the Middle and Working class without raising taxes by 1 Trillion or more on the rich. I repeat: Romney is proposing a $1 trillion dollar tax increase on the greedy millionaires to give you a tax cut.

What? Where did this come from? Well, I'm hoping some Obama supporters can help me figure that out.

Obama for months has been repeating the line that Romney is proposing a $2000 tax increase on the middle class to pay for his '5 trillion dollar' tax cut for the rich. That talking point is every bit as accurate as my assertion, and my assertion is every bit as accurate as that talking point.

News Flash: For months Romney has proposed a 1/5 across the board tax cut. The Obama talking point was created by taking the amount of money 'lost' by cutting the richest people's taxes by 1/5 and assuming that Romney will, by necessity, make up that short fall by raising the same revenue from the middle class. But why not assume the exact opposite? Afterall, across the board means 'across the board.'

If you're not getting it yet: break out of your narrative. Me and Obama are assuming the same economic principles. The only difference is we're assuming , or preaching - you can decide-, something different about Romney's priorities.

Romney's economic principle will benefit the people he relates to.

His policy will be geared to serve the people he caviars with in the Hampton's. It's not
very complicated people.

Obama on the other hand took his Harvard degree and used it to become a community organizer,
who do you think he relates too?

if you like obama, you agree with predator drone strikes with a 2% success rate

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join