It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Romney will raise taxes on the rich by 1 Trillion to pay for his Middle Class tax cuts

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by 3chainz

He's explained repeatedly. The rates are going down by 1/5, but deductions for high income earners will disappear to make up the revenue loss. It's like putting two quotes by Obama side by side that say "We need to invest in roads and bridges" and "I will cut the deficit in half." OH MY GOD, HOW CAN HE SPEND MORE MONEY ON ROADS IF HE WANTS TO CUT THE DEFICIT??? If you find yourself wondering why things don't add up, it's because you're not reading enough.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by snusfanatic
reply to post by Xtrozero

Obama is willing to let the "Bush Tax Cuts" (current tax rates) for the middle class "Expire" (be raised), if it means higher taxes on small businesses and the rich.

Why not let them all expire...They were created by that evil Bush anyways...he also created that evil tax credit that is to blame why 47% do not pay taxes.. Get rid of both and that 47% drops to 25%.

Boy that Bush was evil...

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Yea talk about evil. We should just raise all those rates on the poor and middle class TODAY. Hell, we should go all the way back and ensnare the people who should be paying taxes under the Clinton rates (the poorest among us) back into the system. Damn that Bush plan of letting Middle and Working class people pay less taxes, that and the wars caused the mortgage crisis...I heard it from Obama so it must be true.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by snusfanatic

The specific issue of CAPITAL GAINS is a very large Problem for the Middle Class should that part of the Tax Cuts change. Many Older Americans will have to pay ridiculous Capital Gains Taxes in the event that part of the Tax Cut is changed.

We are talking about directly hurting the MIDDLE CLASS! Split Infinity

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero

Originally posted by campanionator

You realize that the GOP and conservatives said the same thing before Clinton raised taxes?

Clinton handed Bush a recession... I guess his plan worked well. Personally I did a lot better in the 80s than the 90s and I did a lot better in 00s than the 10s...so far, so for me I have always done better under a republican president....not sure why though.

Bush's tax cuts were and have been HUGE...they still use them and want to use them...both parties...funny huh...

Imagine if Bush would of had 3 terms, how would that trend have held up?

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952
In politics one must be prepared to be flexible in order to strike deals and work with everyone. In Romney's case, he is accused of "flip-flopping," but it may be pragmatism. Obama has not done well working with the other party. That contributes a lot to the deadlock we have.

One thing that Clinton and Regan were really good at was working with congress to get things done, even when congress was the other party for them. Romney has proven he has these same talents.

I fear that with all of Obama's faults his worse has been his true inability to work with congress on ANYTHING. It has been his way or the highway and I'm sorry, that just does not work. He can't even get his own party to back him on his "new" 450 billion dollar stimulus plan.

So the question is just what do you all expect him to do this next for years? He is not going to do anything, get anything done and blame it all on congress...or maybe still Bush...hehe

edit on 20-10-2012 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by snusfanatic
Yea talk about evil. We should just raise all those rates on the poor and middle class TODAY. Hell, we should go all the way back and ensnare the people who should be paying taxes under the Clinton rates (the poorest among us) back into the system. Damn that Bush plan of letting Middle and Working class people pay less taxes, that and the wars caused the mortgage crisis...I heard it from Obama so it must be true.

Barney Frank was a closet Republican...that is why he was instrumental in the crash of the housing market...

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

Thank You for noticing. I believe Romney's Flip Flopping has much more to do with keeping Hardcore Conservatives on his side. Personally...having had the Man for a Governor...I saw him as a Moderate. I think we REALLY NEED A MODERATE!

He never attempted to spread any Religious Ideology as Governor and basically...DID THE JOB! I think I will vote for him. Split Infinity

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 01:46 AM
link   
what if the conspiracy is to destroy the rich, as well as the middle class and leave a small group of super super-elite who have all the wealth of the entire globe under their control.

i'm talking about 3-4 people who after they have cannibalized the entire resources of earth, having nothing left to consume or control, betray each other until the strongest comes out as ruler of the earth and all of the losers wealth, 2/3rds of the globes wealth, falls into this one persons possession.

if you're millionaire, you are a more of a threat to a billionaire, than a billionaire is threatened by a guy on food stamps.

isn't that the whole point of competition in capitalism.

there is no rule to prevent this. a person such as this would reject God and Christ, as He would be an obstacle to his goals.

and that is why any system, or person, doesn't matter if it's communism, facism etc, is quickly destroyed if it diverts control or wealth to others, other than themselves.

a dog eat dog world, where winning is determined by how much money you have in your bank account, is the perfect and quickest system to get the wealth centralized and collected into few hands for the most vicious of them to grab.

edit on 20-10-2012 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 01:47 AM
link   

I guess we will never know, but it sure could not have been worst than what Obama has done...

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity
reply to post by snusfanatic

The specific issue of CAPITAL GAINS is a very large Problem for the Middle Class should that part of the Tax Cuts change. Many Older Americans will have to pay ridiculous Capital Gains Taxes in the event that part of the Tax Cut is changed.

We are talking about directly hurting the MIDDLE CLASS! Split Infinity

EVERYONE's 401k....EVERYONES investments...if people truly want to KILL the middle class of ever having a retirement other than that super great SS check...lol.... we should raise capital gains.

But it is still a great democrat talking point in...Romney only pays 15% TAXES!!!! They fail to say he doesn't actually take a normal pay check that he would need to pay MAX taxes on, and so it is actually capital gains tax. They fail to say he gives 30% of his earning to charity...

NO he is the rich BASTARD that only pays 15% and that poor upper middle class sucker pays 20%. We can't say middle class since they pay less than 10%...geez

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by randomname

Have you ever met a Mormon? Now personally...I believe that their Religious Beliefs border on STUPIDITY but they have one thing going for them...THEY CARE ABOUT OTHER PEOPLE AND ARE NICE AS HELL! LOL!

No kidding! It is difficult to vilify someone who is basically a concerned person who cares about people. There is a South Park episode about this and it is true. I have only met perhaps 15 Mormons in my life but every one was the kind of person who cared more about what I was feeling than themselves.

It is tough to label this a bad trait. Split Infinity

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 01:56 AM
link   

I guess we will never know, but it sure could not have been worst than what Obama has done...

Really, Bush took a good economy and helped orchestrate the biggest financial disaster in the history of
humanity

When Obama gets his second term and the economy clearly improves, I will feel bad for y'all.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 01:57 AM
link   

I am with you on that but as far as Capital Gains...the amount of Money a Middle Class Mom and Pop have tied up in their home and perhaps their Parents Home is what they need to retire comfortably after a Lifetime of Working Hard.

If they raise Capital Gains on the Middle Class Money Amounts...it will hurt many Mom and Pops. These are usually Small Business Owners at one time who worked 90 Hours a week to make a Buck. They deserve a break!
Split Infinity

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Thank You for noticing. I believe Romney's Flip Flopping has much more to do with keeping Hardcore Conservatives on his side. Personally...having had the Man for a Governor...I saw him as a Moderate. I think we REALLY NEED A MODERATE!

One thing that people do not really think about is that a TRUE moderate will flip flop back and forth and that is why they are MODERATES!! lol

It is the hard right and left that don't do this....all they do is not fulfill their promises, and boy has Obama not fulfilled quite a few...

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 01:58 AM
link   

reply to post by randomname

Have you ever met a Mormon? Now personally...I believe that their Religious Beliefs border on STUPIDITY but they have one thing going for them...THEY CARE ABOUT OTHER PEOPLE AND ARE NICE AS HELL! LOL!

No kidding! It is difficult to vilify someone who is basically a concerned person who cares about people. There is a South Park episode about this and it is true. I have only met perhaps 15 Mormons in my life but every one was the kind of person who cared more about what I was feeling than themselves.

It is tough to label this a bad trait. Split Infinity

My best friend was a Mormon, that family was very messed up, plus they used to put the Mexican and
the Black kid in the trash... Literally

these were Orange County Mormons, not sure if they were just special

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Really, Bush took a good economy and helped orchestrate the biggest financial disaster in the history of
humanity

Bush started with a RECESSION..what part of that do you not understand?

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 02:01 AM
link   

humanity

Bush started with a RECESSION..what part of that do you not understand?

How many jobs were lost the month he took office?

Let examine this

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Let examine this

Will you agree the first year in office is all on the past president?

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by campanionator

LOL! OC MORMONS? Acting like THE MAN? Not that I don't believe you...just that I have never met one that wasn't Nice to the point of it being almost Sickeningly Sweet. Split Infinity

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join