It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Islamic fundamentalists destroy 8,000-year-old rock carvings

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
ISLAM will wipe us all out.
Its just a matter of time.
For us ,its now or never.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by sTrE3tFigHt3r
They are out of their mind . These people should be kept inside bars

But Muslims don't drink, so what are they going to do inside a bar?

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by svmpua

Not Islam but religious Extremism will wipe us

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by adjensen

LOL...nice joke ,,, I was referring to prison

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

Don't these paranoid zealots understand that astrotheological beliefs are the foundations of their own? They are destroying their OWN history!

People only understand what they are comfortable with, and from that, they understand what they fear. And from there, they decide to destroy what they fear because they think that will bring comfort...never realizing that their fear merely comes from not understanding.

It's not like understanding is important, anyway. Completely outdated. Who needs understanding when you can blow stuff up?

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Morocco denies Salafist destruction of carvings

Morocco's government on Thursday denied claims that Salafists had destroyed stone carvings dating back more than 8,000 years in the High Atlas mountains. "The reports that these stone carvings were damaged, as you can see, is not true," Communications Minister Mustapha Khalfi told journalists, on a government organised trip to the Yagour plateau. "It is one of our goals to protect these pre-historic monuments, which reflect Morocco's cultural diversity and the deepness of our history," Khalfi told AFP.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Doesn't surprise me, maybe they can use the $27 million we sent over there for pottery making classes to build a new one

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by sTrE3tFigHt3r
reply to post by svmpua

Not Islam but religious Extremism will wipe us

Which religion practices a fanatical amount of religious extremism?
Islam

Which religion has the most number of terrorists?
Islam

Which religon's teaching's instruct that all non believers should be cut ?
You are right,Islam

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Thanks for the follow-up, adj, and for fixing the link.

ipsedixit

Your story simply repeats the earliest report. Time marches on.

Photo at this link

The same photograph also accompanies the AFP report whose correspondent describes the plaque as appearing untouched.

www.france24.com...

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by svmpua

Ya you are right but I am very afraid to mix Islam with Islamic extremism . I don;t want to see Innocent Muslims die becuase of these Extreme people .

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   
I immediately laughed when I saw the thread title; not because I find the destruction funny per se, but just by the pure ridiculous nature of it. I mean... wow. No real words for how dumbfounded I am. Muslim fundamentalist/extremist are a taint to humanity -- regressed minds with the mental capacity of chimpanzees. They self-proclaim enlightenment & spiritual superiority, yet exhibit ignorance and intolerance on a level to be contended with.

It's minds like these, primitive minds, that make the world a worse place to live in. This reminds me of the burning of the Libraries of Alexandria, except clearly on an exponentially smaller scale. Which also depends on the importance of the artifact(s) in question, i.e what knowledge/secrets are held.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Sun worship makes more sense to me than what anyone on here is into.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   
I don't know of anything that Islamist have done but destroy everything they come into contact with . They have done nothing to contribute to society . They want everybody to regress to their level of stupidity and live in the dirt and rocks . They treat their women like cattle along with their children even using them for human shields . Even the educated ones act like idiots . The bible told us how they would be 3000 years ago . They would rule like man , other translations says like a wild ass of a man . So true .

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by silent thunder

An 8,000-year-old rock engraving depicting the Sun as a divinity has been destroyed in the south of Morocco, local residents said, blaming Salafists seeking to impose their fundamentalist view of Islam.

Source: Free thought Nation

Pretty sad and not too much to say about this, except I find it abhorant when art is destroyed for any reason. Fundamentalists of every religion do more harm than good and here's another example.

It looks like the old religious art was a priceless clue to the spirituality of that distant era:

Note that these ancient artifacts had to do with sun worship/solar mythology, a massive part of humanity's religious traditions dating back thousands of years. This astrotheological development occurred when human beings made observations of their natural world, including the sun, moon, planets, stars and constellations. The erasure of our past is like a virus eradicating the global computer files of humanity.

edit on 10/19/2012 by silent thunder because: (no reason given)

Remember when the buddha statues were destroyed by fundamentalists in Afghanistan in 2001?
9/11 followed quickly on its heals.

Just saying.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   
nvm
edit on 19-10-2012 by SOLIDSNAKE101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

Such rocks anger my God anyway.

I will not lose sleep over this, your plan has failed.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 04:29 AM
link   
well i dont really trust a breaking news story that has ? in title lol
no pics

royal what eva hasnt seen pics yet

seems like rumors

sees also like they dont care very much since 20 thousand of them have been lifted out of the country heh

might just be more blah blah to get islam in a title somewhere, the more you can spread crap stories over greater difference of material such as sports, news, mtv, cartoons,ect whateva it may be, the more you can get different types of people worked up over a certain topic, or in other words, usualy only educated people would care for this type of news, so put something in with islam and destroying something smart people like, when there is a war, smart people will say SCREW THEM they broke my rock painting.

well have to wait for an update to see

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Religion must be an anagram of cancer... surely.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Why destroy few thousand bucks if you could make bucks?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join