It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TIME TRAVEL - I'm gonna go back in time....

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Id go back 1 day with tonights Powerball numbers.
Then id go to work and take a dump on my bosses desk.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 06:52 AM
link   
I think about this often.

In all honesty, if I could just go back to 1979 and get a pizza...a real pizza...and drive a car...a real car...and drink a glass of water...a real glass of water...and maybe smoke a cigarette...a real cigarette...and drink a beer...a real beer...

And to find a way to bring all that stuff back to the future...and make everything real again...

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 07:03 AM
link   
It would really make a difference if I came back as a second me or just the younger me with better knowledge.

Anyway, I have the feeling there are certain people who did time travel. Warren Buffett and HG Wells are my picks for time travelers.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by tinhattribunal
destination last week if i can bring lottery #'s

actually i like the idea of trying to stop kennedy's asaasination.

You should 'definitely' (unless you have already) read Stephen King's latest book called 11/22/63 - It's awesome

I'm with the lottery idea, except memorise the numbers of the Euro millions biggest roll over (where nobody won) and go back to that week.
Selfish I know, but hey fug it. I'd give a lot away to family, friends & charity!

edit on 18/10/12 by OpenEars123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by r2d246

Id go back 1500 years to the MAYANS and right something in stone like
maybe the end of days lets say 21/12/2012

Just think everyone would think the world would end.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   
On a more serious note it would be 1947 ROSWELL New Mexico the day before
the crash and get myself some of that metal

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   
I would go back in time to the location of the great pyramid 2 weeks before its completion, and just sit and watch, finally find out exactly why and how it was built, and to see it in all its polished glory. This IMO is the greatest mystery of all.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   
You can't go back in time but I believe in the perception of time travel...does that make sense, lol? Anyways this is purely hypothetical but here are my thoughts on how time travel works. Let's say we discover the ability to travel at the speed of light or faster than light (FTL). We decide we can travel to the new discovery planet with 4 sons which is 4.3 light years away. Here on Earth to us not travelling at the speed of light it would take them 4.3 years. However when going FTL our "time" slows down so in essence we'll say 1 light year equals 2 weeks to those on the ship. So the round trip would take 9 light years or 9 years to us on Earth but to those going FTL it would be only 4 months of lost time (& that's all they would age as well).

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Druscilla
Going back naked is a no-go.

Going back in time with, let's say anything non-technical/non-electronic would be an okay compromise.

What bothered me about the Terminator series was that the terminators (sophisticated robot/cyborgs) could go back in time, but, couldn't take anything else other than themselves with them?
It makes no sense.
If a machine could go back in time, then, certainly one would be able to take stuff along for the ride.

I wouldn't mind going back to the near past, like the year 1995 with a long list of all the winning lottery drawings, plus a very long list of all the major stock market listings, as well as the results of all major sporting events that people tend to make bets on over the course of time since then, and then setting up my own racket to change the world for the better, making Trillions on Trillions of profit which could then go toward essentially 'owning' the planet, forcing government policies, and leveling the playing field for essentially everyone with laws that start at the very bottom of the world economic pyramid to eliminate poverty, and step by step from the bottom up, raise standards of living for everyone worldwide.

edit on 17-10-2012 by Druscilla because: (no reason given)

the only reason the terminator was able to go back in time ( being a machine) was that his endo robotic skeleton was surrounded by living tissue.
Now if Skynet was as smart as it should have been, it could have created a weapon surrounded by living tissue, or the terminator could have stuck a ray gun up his butt.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   
I'd go back 2 days before my first child was going to be born. I had never really played much lottery before then but for some reason I decided to play that day, and remember telling myself, if I win, I'm going to do so much to make things right. I'm going to build the perfect life around my kid. I didn't win of course.

Today, my life is good. Good wife, good kids, big house, 3 cars, good money etc but I've had to work very very hard and suffer much to make it so. If I would've won that day, things would've been much easier, I would've been able to enjoy my wife and kids just a little more and prevent a lot of early monetary strife.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I'd go back to 1977 an invest in Apple stock, nuff said...

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by r2d246

Well I have come to the conclusion that Time Travel will not be discovered, legal or available to the public in my lifetime... I would have come back and let my past self (present) know by now and gotten some great stock tips at the same time lol!!

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
If I had only one shot at it, I will have to be honest and say that I would make myself rich. Find the longshots that win, maybe some other gambling. But the problem is that I cannot take any money with me. So the best thing would be to procure a dollar somehow, which should be easy, and then buy a lottery ticket with numbers that I know will come up. This seems to me the easiest way to make money via time travel to the past.

And I wouldn't even have to come back if I timed it right, because I would only go back an hour or so. I would go back to right before the drawing. And it would have to be one of the huge drawings as well, like hundreds of millions. Well, I would take what I could get, but if I could go back in time I think I could pull it off.

Now if I had more than one attempt, there are other things that I would like to do, but once you have financial freedom, so many other things fall into place. It is true that money doesn't buy happiness, but it makes being happier a whole lot easier in my opinion.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Personally I wouldn't go back in time if I had no means of returning to the present.

I'm more interested in what the future holds than living in a past that's already been..

The only way I'd consider that is if I had some kind of terminal disease and I could go back to visit my former self to warn me early on .. perhaps prevent it =) .. otherwise.. I'll wait until time travel lets me get to the future.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
I have thought on this before. I would go back, for preventative purposes,
to just before I had the accident in which I lost my leg,
But my fear would be that I might be more seriously injured or killed at a
later date in the new timeline, in a car crash or similar catastrophe.

Is all for the best now, in the best of all possible worlds?

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by JiggyPotamus
If I had only one shot at it, I will have to be honest and say that I would make myself rich. Find the longshots that win, maybe some other gambling. But the problem is that I cannot take any money with me. So the best thing would be to procure a dollar somehow, which should be easy, and then buy a lottery ticket with numbers that I know will come up. This seems to me the easiest way to make money via time travel to the past.

And I wouldn't even have to come back if I timed it right, because I would only go back an hour or so. I would go back to right before the drawing. And it would have to be one of the huge drawings as well, like hundreds of millions. Well, I would take what I could get, but if I could go back in time I think I could pull it off.

Now if I had more than one attempt, there are other things that I would like to do, but once you have financial freedom, so many other things fall into place. It is true that money doesn't buy happiness, but it makes being happier a whole lot easier in my opinion.

What you do is write down lottery numbers for the past several big jackpots.. maybe pick two of them and win them! .. place some high stakes bets on sporting events and extend your profit further..

Problem is .. YOU are still broke.. you just spawned a second time line.. one where you're a broke time traveler but your doppelganger is rich =).. unless you can convince yourself to split the winnings and the original you can live a life without an identity in mexico or something =)

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
It seems to me that anything that a person would do in the past would have ripples in current time, for example you go back in time and kill Hitler in 1933 the USSR slowly takes over Europe and WWII is a nuclear war between the USA and USSR in the 1950's or you go back in time and become a millionare and drive your new ferrari over a cliff the next day.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutonaLimb
I have thought on this before. I would go back, for preventative purposes,
to just before I had the accident in which I lost my leg,
But my fear would be that I might be more seriously injured or killed at a
later date in the new timeline, in a car crash or similar catastrophe.

Is all for the best now, in the best of all possible worlds?

That's the big problem with this whole scenario .. like I just alluded to ..

Two possible things:

1) You create a paradox.. If you go back and prevent a lost leg.. you just altered the time line.. suddenly your leg is back and you have no need to travel back in time to prevent it .. but if you don't travel back in time, it must still be lost.. paradox! end of the world!

2) You spawn a second time line like I mentioned in my previous response.. Where YOU still have a missing leg.. but your alternate self in the original time line goes on with a leg... You've done nothing for yourself .. You still have no leg.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by CynicalWabbit
It seems to me that anything that a person would do in the past would have ripples in current time, for example you go back in time and kill Hitler in 1933 the USSR slowly takes over Europe and WWII is a nuclear war between the USA and USSR in the 1950's or you go back in time and become a millionare and drive your new ferrari over a cliff the next day.

I don't think you can change history.. time theory is so interesting to me .. but it contradicted itself .. it blended theories.

Anyway.. with the time line theory.. all you do by going back and assassinating hitler is spawn a new time line.. Heck, going back in the first place even if you change nothing.. still creates an alternate time line.. one in which you are there from the future =) .. anyone even simply observing you could cause the time time lines to split in different directions.. the butterfly effect .. They spot you.. it causes them to glance.. their walking pace changes.. suddenly everything they do from then on is off from the original time line..

So really anything you do wouldn't effect present time at all .. our time line would continue on.. hitler would still have shot himself.
edit on 10/18/2012 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by miniatus

Yeah i agree with you....it's interesting to try to imagine how many possible timelines there could be running parallel with our own.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join