It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TIME TRAVEL - I'm gonna go back in time....

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by CynicalWabbit
reply to post by miniatus

Yeah i agree with you....it's interesting to try to imagine how many possible timelines there could be running parallel with our own.

The feasibility of time travel to the past all really relies on whether or not it would split into another time line or not.. if not then it's hard to say what would happen if you prevented something.. it would prevent the reason you went back in the first place .. so at best.. your original you would just pop out existence and your life would go on normal.. with you never knowing you went back in the first place.. but the paradox idea is far scarier and more realistic to me.. by changing the past, eliminating your reason to go back.. you never go back in the first place.. and if you never went back in the first place.. you never changed anything.. so then you will go back.. something like that could freeze time all together as the two situations conflict causing an infinite loop in the fabric of time... the only resolution to that problem would be the time line theory.
edit on 10/18/2012 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheEnlightenedOne
Back on track now.

For me it would be at the time the damn pyramids were built so I can inscribe in them
"You will never guess who built this!"
edit on 17-10-2012 by TheEnlightenedOne because: Spelling

Id rather inscribe a bunch of bullshizzle. Drawings of flying saucers using lasers to guide the stones into place. Maybe a cartoon mocking Mohammed.
Should make the ancient aliens guys go nuts lmao.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I think that if there was time travel and you did remain on one timeline or if many worlds theory is not accurate than paradox would be impossible to cause because you'd be unable to affect the past, you could observe and interact, but not be able to change anything. Say you got a gun to kill your grandfather you found him, and then went to shoot him, the gun will jam or something like that, because it doesn't happen your grandfather was never shot it already is what it is. In other words, set in stone. Just my idea.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   

OMG!!! What if that's why deja vu is getting so much stronger and wilder for us? A lot of people have been saying daja vu is getting stronger/more prevalent. OMG!!! We're stuck in groundhog's day ahhhh!

No but really that sounds better than What I came up with. Lol.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by r2d246

Everyone has a different time.

It's the basis of Einstein's theories.

but reversing the timeline does not put the genie back in the bottle as many hope.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
By the way, I guess I never got to go back in time, there's no mysterious letter leaving me millions in some bank account or I went and I lost my investments. Or still never made enough money to invest, heck that's a grim idea. Ah well, I tried. :/

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Yes, I'm with everyone else. I'd rather go forward. Since the next 90 years is particularly screwed for science and liberal autonomy of the body (thanks conservatives and religion) immortality will be out of everyone's hands for a while. And thanks to the persistence of this idea that humans are required to work (thanks conservatives and religion[see:genesis, the fall of man, Calvinism, and the origins of the capitalistic doctrine]) there will be no Auto Labor like there should have been 10 years ago. So, I'd gladly get in a time machine to go forward to a place where natural humans are a dying breed and Rational+Spiritual Posthumans are the norm.

Inb4 liberal brainwashed

No, its the natural progression. People just limit these things now a days because they are frightened of progress. Imagine, storing information in your very personal being and being able to transverse the virtual spaces while acting in the real world at real time. You'd be amazed what the future has in store for humanity, and you'd be amazed at how conservative mindsets and the retention of funding diminishes these dreams.

If I couldn't go forward in time, God forbid, then I'd go back in time. If there is to be an Omega Point, there should be an Alpha Point. I'll have a nice chat with the The One That Pervades All and either see the rationale for it all or convince it that self contemplation is for the birds and true absolution is the way to go (See: Nonexistence).

No, more than half of what you read in my post won't make sense unless you read into it. No, it's not all surface level as it may seem at first glance. No, I didn't mean to write it in this manner. That was a complete accident.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   

But if you made sort of a record of events, times places dates etc, then went back, you'd know what's about to happen. Anything from winning the lotto to inventing facebook ha ha

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by ldyserenity
By the way, I guess I never got to go back in time, there's no mysterious letter leaving me millions in some bank account or I went and I lost my investments. Or still never made enough money to invest, heck that's a grim idea. Ah well, I tried. :/

Maybe you have an evil twin sister, and you were separated at birth. She followed you back in time, then came back and got all your secret accounts. She may be sitting on a beach on her privately owned island right now, waiting for Guillermo the cabana boy, to bring her a mai tai in a coconut shell...with a big old smile on her evil little face....

Time lines are fun to play with...yes?

Des

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join