It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TIME TRAVEL - I'm gonna go back in time....

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by dayve
< removed quote >

I'm gonna go back a little bit before you do...tell Jesus you have nefarious plans...then I'm gonna warn your baby Mamma ......

Des
edit on 10/17/12 by Hefficide because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by dayve

I don't think that's an appropriate thing to say.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   
a) I would travel back 25 years and start investing in the dot.coms. I figure I could make a killing and know where and when to invest.

OR

b) go back to 1947, Roswell new mexico and be there for when the "weather balloon" lands, gather enough debris from the crash, take pictures and expose the lies the government would be trying to spin. This would start disclosure before they got a chance to start hiding things from us all.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone

Originally posted by dayve
I would go back and ask Jesus to forgive me, in person, and then come back n kill my suppose babys mom...

I'm gonna go back a little bit before you do...tell Jesus you have nefarious plans...then I'm gonna warn your baby Mamma ......

Des

Well.... I dont like that one bit

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   
What a fascinating question. If I really could do this, I put some thought into it and I know what I'd do. I assume we go back the same age, of course...so I'm half way done. Gotta figure that for when exactly my 'Golden Years' fall.

1910. That's my year. I have to choose a time recent enough so I can easily blend in culture and language. It needs to be a time I can learn in detail for the things I need to know before leaving. No historic papers on things like markets and metals prices, eh?

Finally... I'm pushing 40. In Today's time? I have as many as 40 years left to me now. In that time period? 25 years...on the outside. Medicine not being what it is today.

So....That gives me a couple decades to have fun and play the games when I know the outcomes (as long as I don't change anything while taking my piece from it.
) ..and when the time comes? 1935 or earlier. Just in time to MISS the worst years in the last few hundred taken together. Oh...but what would it be like to watch Hitler the POPULAR guy and the leader everyone liked.....before anyone had ANY idea. Or...watch President Wilson for the same reasons in the same way. Heck...I'd even be in time to sneak onto Jekyll Island and watch the foundations for all that came after.

Definitely, 1910. Anytime the machine is ready!

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

If you're going to Jekyll Island how about putting the kabosh on the Federal Reserve scheme?

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   
I would head straight back to Oct-Nov of 1945. Find George Sr and Barbara Bush and start slipping birth control pills into Babs morning coffee.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Firm believer on the Grandfather paradox.

Traveling to the future is another story though.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Cherryontop

I know of one little kitty who would surely think that to be a marvelous idea

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Going back naked is a no-go.

Going back in time with, let's say anything non-technical/non-electronic would be an okay compromise.

What bothered me about the Terminator series was that the terminators (sophisticated robot/cyborgs) could go back in time, but, couldn't take anything else other than themselves with them?
It makes no sense.
If a machine could go back in time, then, certainly one would be able to take stuff along for the ride.

I wouldn't mind going back to the near past, like the year 1995 with a long list of all the winning lottery drawings, plus a very long list of all the major stock market listings, as well as the results of all major sporting events that people tend to make bets on over the course of time since then, and then setting up my own racket to change the world for the better, making Trillions on Trillions of profit which could then go toward essentially 'owning' the planet, forcing government policies, and leveling the playing field for essentially everyone with laws that start at the very bottom of the world economic pyramid to eliminate poverty, and step by step from the bottom up, raise standards of living for everyone worldwide.

edit on 17-10-2012 by Druscilla because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   
On the other hand if I could go forward I would go to 2065, where I would actually be able to see the actual end of days. Because that is when it is going to be game over for humanity or at least Earth we may have moved on to another planet by that time though.

ETA: I almost was not going to add this, but I am just typing the above to be the next mythos for end of days and cause some worldwide panic at least for a short time, but seeing as how I just wrote that now they'll know...ah well...

edit on 17-10-2012 by ldyserenity because: add

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by ldyserenity
On the other hand if I could go forward I would go to 2065, where I would actually be able to see the actual end of days. Because that is when it is going to be game over for humanity or at least Earth we may have moved on to another planet by that time though.

Que?

OIC, thank you for the clarification.
edit on 10/17/2012 by Klassified because: eta

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by PrplHrt

Well, that would be a very interesting idea. The same could be said for Hitler, Lenin, Stalin...Mao... Hell, I'd be early enough to catch them as young men. Easy pickings for a retroactive problem solution.

...but then a million tiny things had to happen just so..for me to be born. Then a million more to bring me to the point of stepping into our theoretical machine. A couple million things that likely wouldn't happen the same way if such a key part of history changed............which negates me going back or even being born. Hence. the guy I was all set to kill to prevent the Fed or to stop the rise of Nazi Germany may just pop back to life...or maybe I die just before the fatal blow lands..

Anyone know how Paradox situations are supposed to unfold? Silly question.. I know..but someone must have gamed that out within limits of educated guesses by now?

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

With many world theory you may create another timeline in which you would not have had Hitler, for example and maybe the world is better maybe it's not, but you'd exist in that timeline and even if you weren't born as you, you may be someone else with the same features. Well, that's one possibility only.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

Well heck now, if someone could go back before me and leave a carving on a stone or something..anything...to indicate it works that way? ..or wait..could they? Would that carving in rock be a part of the other timeline started anew by each action which hadn't previously happened? Of course..then again, if they went back, it HAS happened...which means it must or did..or..

Hey, anyone have a Migraine pill? I feel one coming on.... lol.. Just send me back to my little year and tell me no one cares how the whole paradox thing works out and with modern knowledge, I'll have a field day.

(I'll ask Einstien about the rest...he'll be there too after all.)

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Would go back to 1964 - the year they took silver out of US Coins & empty every bank i could find out of change.
& then burry it.

In 2012 would get a shovel & become a rich man.
edit on 17-10-2012 by BABYBULL24 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 02:30 AM
link   
I'd only go back in time if that meant I'd replace my former self. So I could take the knowledge I have now back with me and wake up back in say around 2001 perhaps. I wouldn't want to be my doppleganger. So just one me to relive and get some stuff right this time. ha ha.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 04:23 AM
link   
I think if we sat there and thought about this really seriously we would end up having insufficient time to do what we need to do! But if there was only me to think about, I'd go back to when I was twelve with the knowledge I have now and start all over again, making some serious life changes along the way.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Here's my thoughts. If one goes back in time and sets themselves up to be rich in the future it would change the person one is today therefore altering the decision to go back in time and or if one could do it they would know what they did before doing it and have to leave it all behind in order to do it in the first place.

If one goes back in time and does something to alter choices they made or actions they committed that would also change the persons decision to go back in time as well as their reasoning for doing it in the first place.

The only way to do anything would be to live a life completely separate from our current one under another name in this instance.

If one goes back in time to alter events that took place which altered history and change them the future would not be what it is and therefore the one going back in time to change it may not even have been born, never made the choice to go back, or the technology may never have been created to do so. This would leave one in a state of an alternate reality not changing the time line.

Again, in order to accomplish the time travel at all that life can not be altered and the self in the past would have to live a life without altering the future to ensure one has the ability to be there in the first place.

It would be possible to leave something to be found after one goes back in time in the hopes that someone will find it but one would never know if it ever was due to the fact it had not been prior to traveling back nor would they ever know the implications of such to the future world.

One could however go back and add to the history which would create a historical inconsistency/conspiracy. So for instance one could go back far enough that history itself is not known today, say prior to the disappearance of Atlantis and live among them doing what ever the heart desires as modern history has no records only speculation.

One could also go back and find a cave or rock that has not been discovered in the current time, either by cave in or water submersion, and carve the words "Kilroy was here" causing all kinds of confusion when it was discovered however due to the knowledge of time travel in the modern world they would only have to check the records to find out who went back to that time and location to figure it out unless of course time travel is kept from the public as a classified project and then chances are you wont be going back in the first place.

Assuming that this time travel does not also include location travel I would be stuck traveling back in the history of my location. Knowing that the central United States was Native lands prior to the White man conquest I would go back even further, probably 5 or 6000 years and simply live off the land peacefully taking each day and challenge one at a time.
edit on 18-10-2012 by Agarta because: Spelling

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join