It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Oct. 16, 2012 Presidential debate thread

page: 44
<< 41  42  43    45  46  47 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Originally posted by Annee

No-one is saying he's ignoring the problems.

It's just that his SOLUTIONS are worse.

And who exactly is providing SOLUTIONS you agree with?

Please define them.

Is it Romney - - who's a whiz at saying what he's going to do - - by saying nothing?

If Romney does the opposite of Obama, then that'll be good enough to start.

I find it amusing that NOW the left asks for specifics, when Obama got hired with just "hope and change".

That's very childish.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by HostileApostle
Her push back on being called a Romney supporter is just more proof of her game and she just desperately doesn't want to be exposed.

1 - I am not the subject of any thread ... so knock it off.
2 - Calling you out on your continued lies about me isn't 'more proof of her game' .. it's just calling you out on your continued lies.
3 - I've registered a complaint with the moderators of this site about you.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by karen61057

But but but....the military creates jobs doesn't it? He wants to spend billions more there. The military industrial complex creates jobs don't they?...you know...building bombs and weapons they sell for tax payer money?

Don't waste your breath arguing with idiots...people might not be able to tell which one is which. The Romney supporters have blocked out the truth and are hell bent on getting their version of the "Destroyer" elected...

Here is a painful truth for both sides of this ridiculous, endless debate....neither of them are worthy of the Oval Office. One wants to turn our country into a plutocracy/Oligarchy and the other wants to strip away freedom and increase the police state.

Here's an image I "borrowed" from a thread earlier this week/last week...look at it real hard.

The only true differences between these two is that one appeals to the poor and middle class and the other appeals to empty skulls that fantasize they will one day be rich (and they won't) but they are too stupid and blind to realize this is a carrot on a string and they will NEVER reach it. The other difference is one is white and one is black...and some will tell you that has nothing to do with their position...here's a clue...they are liars. Why do I say that? because it is the only REAL reason...their policies are so close together it won't matter who gets elected...so the real reason must be something....darker.

All of you need to snap out of your trance/coma and get some freaking sense...regardless which of these monsters wins...WE the People...lose....
edit on 10/17/2012 by Jeremiah65 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Is it possible to defend Romney/Ryan in every single thread, claim they have won every single debate, and claim their plans are better, and then say you don't support them?

I have NEVER said Romney/Ryans plans are better. NEVER.
QUIT TELLING LIES. And QUIT trying to make me the subject of this thread.
Again .. I've registered another complaint against you. KNOCK IT OFF.

eta .. I dont' think Romney/Ryan action have any plans .. the flip flops are so much that if there really were a plan no one could follow them anyways.

edit on 10/17/2012 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Looking at the electoral maps (Rasmussen and Real Clear Politics), it really looks like everyone has already decided except for Ohio and Nevada. The other 48 states have made their choices. And it's so close that it's going to come down to who the people of Ohio vote for.

Ohio has early voting and has been voting for a while now. The TV talking heads say that early voting polls show that something like 75% of the early voting is for Obama.

I don't think the debate is going to change anything.
It just has entertainment value for political junkies. IMHO

Well, since I'm from Ohio, I'll take the blame for whoever wins or loses.

Gawd! I hope Obama loses!

Unfortunately, Ohio still hasn't solve their problem since the last 2 incidents of election manipulations. I expect them to throw out a lot of write in votes for lame excuses and that the state will go to Romney -- because who counts votes is much more powerful than what people actually vote.

I think that a lot of "dead even" states will go for Obama. Even though an estimated $3 Billion has flooded into the Media (who now and forever more will call "Citizen's United" the Christmas Present from God), the Republicans have not endeared themselves these last 4 years. But who knows; there are a lot of electronic voting machines that clearly were located in areas where people suddenly decided to vote Republican. Stats from 2000 in Florida show that there was a 15% increase for Bush out of nowhere -- well, in areas where they had voting machines to create these kind of statistical anomalies.

Greg Palast estimated about 20 million votes were thrown out, on top of 5 million flipped. And I haven't seen a lot of punishment being doled out for this sort of treason. Our two party system is going to give us Spineless, or Crooked and Mean parties. After 8 years of Bush,, I was begging for spineless and ineffectual Democrats again.

I can't wait until this is over.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Just to make it clear to all the Right Wing folks who thinks Crowley was wrong. It appears that the text of what he said isn't clicking in their minds, so maybe a video will work.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by HostileApostle

Of course, yesterday was already a painful day for our nation as we marked the solemn memory of the 9/11 attacks. We mourned with the families who were lost on that day. I visited the graves of troops who made the ultimate sacrifice in Iraq and Afghanistan at the hallowed grounds of Arlington Cemetery, and had the opportunity to say thank you and visit some of our wounded warriors at Walter Reed. And then last night, we learned the news of this attack in Benghazi.

As Americans, let us never, ever forget that our freedom is only sustained because there are people who are willing to fight for it, to stand up for it, and in some cases, lay down their lives for it. Our country is only as strong as the character of our people and the service of those both civilian and military who represent us around the globe.

No acts of terror will ever shake the resolve of this great nation, alter that character, or eclipse the light of the values that we stand for. Today we mourn four more Americans who represent the very best of the United States of America. We will not waver in our commitment to see that justice is done for this terrible act. And make no mistake, justice will be done.

Your source.

Now what he actually said.
(hint start @ 3:30 mark)

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Is it possible to defend Romney/Ryan in every single thread, claim they have won every single debate, and claim their plans are better, and then say you don't support them?

I have NEVER said Romney/Ryans plans are better. NEVER.
QUIT TELLING LIES. And QUIT trying to make me the subject of this thread.
Again .. I've registered another complaint against you. KNOCK IT OFF.

Sheesh -- you've been promoting Romney/Ryan or slamming Obama in every other post I've read from you. You're going to have to report a LOT OF PEOPLE if you want to pretend you aren't a fan of Romney/Ryan.

You said that I was a boot licker because I thought the Libyan embassy bombing wasn't a conspiracy, and that they (Obama admin) acted responsibly -- do I have to complain about the NDAA in every post for credibility that I'm not some apologist?

Don't whine about other people doing what you are guilty of. It's kind of weak. Reporting people should be about stalking, or a blatant attempt to disrupt the thread. Especially if you give other people personal comments.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   

reply to post by beezzer

4 people died and Obama blamed a vid on Youtube.

Romney was right, Crowley and Obama were wrong.

4 Americans died and Romney tried to use their dead bodies as political pawns. And the Ambassador's father and one of the other victims mother has told Romney to stop using their kids deaths as political tools to try to win votes.

Crowley and Obama were right, I'll never get tired of posting this.

www.whitehouse.gov...

No acts of terror will ever shake the resolve of this great nation, alter that character, or eclipse the light of the values that we stand for. Today we mourn four more Americans who represent the very best of the United States of America. We will not waver in our commitment to see that justice is done for this terrible act. And make no mistake, justice will be done.

This is what we call a documented fact. Have fun with lying to yourself.

Bull spit!

You (or someone else) removed the paragraph.

No acts of terror will ever shake the resolve of this great nation, alter that character, or eclipse the light of the values that we stand for.
He was talking about September 11th, 2001.

Today we mourn four more Americans who represent the very best of the United States of America. We will not waver in our commitment to see that justice is done for this terrible act. And make no mistake, justice will be done.

Here he was talking about Bengazi.

Nice edit.
Failfail;fail.

No he wasnt Beezer, he was talking about Sept 11 2012. Convenient for you to believe that he is talking about two seperate events but he is not. This was in response to the attacks and Beezer we had very shaky reports to start with, everything that comes out of the middle east needs to be verified thrice to make sure its accurate and even then its not written in stone. Speak too soon and you wind up looking like Romney on the 12th, wait, collect your facts and then make your statement when you can be more confident of what you hear. Thats the way the situation was correctly handled. If Romeny speaks off the cuff like that in a similar situation and he is then president. ( please no God) he will have us in a war before you can blink an eye. He needs to work on deplomacy first.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by popcornmafia

I think those glasses are way too dark my friend.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Watch the video I posted, then look up Hillary taking the blame for not telling Obama, then look up Susan Rce saying that is was the video on 5 different shows.

Waiting for apology.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by popcornmafia

Oh and lied? If you can manage it, please elaborate. What exactly was that lie ?

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by VitriolAndAngst
you've been promoting Romney/Ryan or slamming Obama in every other post I've read from you.

I have never promoted Romney. NEVER.
I have slammed both Obama and Romney.
I have repeatedly said they both lied and refused to answer questions.
My opinon on who won this debate .. it was a tie. That's NOT promoting anyone.

You said that I was a boot licker

WRONG. I have NEVER called anyone a 'boot licker'.
That's not in my vocabulary.

You people seriously need to stop trying to make me the subject of the thread.

edit on 10/17/2012 by FlyersFan because: fixed quote

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Jeremiah65

Ha, I loved your comparison there. Yeah, it's sad that there is so much overlap with Obama and Romney. I think there is a slight "hope" that a Lame Duck Obama + more dems in congress might let us see him solve a few problems -- he at least SOUNDS like he cares. Romney + Ryan have been so bloodthirsty towards killing Unions and Medicare, I think that people who assume "things can't get worse" would pray for Bush if these two got in office.

I also liked this quote, spot on;

"The only true differences between these two is that one appeals to the poor and middle class and the other appeals to empty skulls that fantasize they will one day be rich (and they won't) but they are too stupid and blind to realize this is a carrot on a string and they will NEVER reach it. "

Yeah, and even if you ARE in a Country Club -- you might still be out of the Winner's Circle. It's a rarified list that is going to benefit from a Pipeline, dirty air, and a crumbling economy.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Yep, that's exactly what he said, which proves Crowley correct.

It's hilarious that you won't admit it, keep on spinning.

Reality - The sky is blue
Right Winger - Nope

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
The big question still remains unanswered.

Why did the White House deny it was a terrorist attack after the fact ?

I think the now famous "Rose Garden" statement was a gaffe in reality.

They had no choice but to tone it down because of feared repercussions.

IMO - They were very very afraid of the fallout after claiming terrorism was somehow winding down. That's one reason they made feeble attempts to blame the magic video and divert away from reality. They were also afraid that the "Bin Laden" miracle would be damaged.

President Obama’s attempts to wriggle free from his own words and actions on Libya are making things worse.

American Crossroads, taking exception to Obama’s announcement last night that he really had declared Benghazi to be an act of terrorism, has sent out a memo, which reads:

The President clearly misled the American people with this claim, because if Obama’s Rose Garden speech was indeed the White House position, it did not inform any subsequent statement by the White House press office — and was even directly contradicted by his own spokesman several days later.

On September 20 — eight days after Obama claims to have called the Benghazi attack an “act of terror” — Jay Carney affirmed to reporters that the White House had never called it “a terrorist attack.”.....

More evidence of deception

The continuing confusion is evidence that they were scared of the fallout

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   

reply to post by beezzer

Yep, that's exactly what he said, which proves Crowley correct.

It's hilarious that you won't admit it, keep on spinning.

Reality - The sky is blue
Right Winger - Nope

You mean you watched the video?

C'mon. Now you're just being dishonest.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   

edit on 17-10-2012 by popcornmafia because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Watch the video I posted, then look up Hillary taking the blame for not telling Obama, then look up Susan Rce saying that is was the video on 5 different shows.

Waiting for apology.

Maybe you should re-watch the video.

He is talking about Benghazi, the whole damn press conference was about Benghazi.

You have zero intellectual honesty. You are living in the Right Wing bubble and you seem proud of it.

It's very very sad, I actually feel really bad for you.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

You will have to wait as I have no sound on this computer. I'll watch when I get home.

new topics

top topics

<< 41  42  43    45  46  47 >>

join