It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Oct. 16, 2012 Presidential debate thread

page: 46
<< 43  44  45    47 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   
MSNBC's Undecided Voter Panel Swayed by Romney 1:19 AM, Oct 17, 2012 • By DANIEL HALPER

MSNBC's panel of undecided voters swayed toward Mitt Romney after tonight's presidential debate. Watch here:
www.weeklystandard.com...
edit on 17-10-2012 by alternateuniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by alternateuniverse

For instance, calling Romney a liar doesn't gain the vote of undecided female voters in swing states.

Romney telling women he picked women from a binder isn't exactly charming, now is it? And the fact that he was proud of that.

That is classic robot Mitt that doesn't know what human emotion is.

"I picked women from a binder, ha ha ha, I didn't know enough women because I never allowed them to work with me before, ha ha ha, so that is why I needed a binder created by someone else, ha ha ha."

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by HostileApostle

So, personal question for you. Do you feel bad at all in using 4 dead Americans as pawns in trying to push your agenda?

Do you?

It was your party that denied more security.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   
The "Libya Questioner" at the townhall says Obama didn't answer his question.

Presidential debate: Libya questioner says Obama didn’t answer
By Erik Wemple

Q: It’s Kerry, Kerry Ladka.
PRESIDENT OBAMA: Great to see you here.
Q: This question actually comes from a brain trust of my friends at Global Telecom Supply in Mineola yesterday. We were sitting around talking about Libya, and we were reading and became aware of reports that the State Department refused extra security for our embassy in Benghazi, Libya, prior to the attacks that killed four Americans. Who was it that denied enhanced security and why?

PRESIDENT OBAMA: Well, let me, first of all, talk about our diplomats, because they serve all around the world and do an incredible job in a very dangerous situation. And these aren’t just representatives of the United States; they’re my representatives. I send them there, oftentimes into harm’s way. I know these folks, and I know their families. So nobody’s more concerned about their safety and security than I am.

Presidential debate: Libya questioner says Obama didn’t answer

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by alternateuniverse
MSNBC's Undecided Voter Panel Swayed by Romney 1:19 AM, Oct 17, 2012 • By DANIEL HALPER

MSNBC's panel of undecided voters swayed toward Mitt Romney after tonight's presidential debate. Watch here:
www.weeklystandard.com...

An 8 person panel.

1 said definitely Romney, 1 said definitely Obama, 2 others said leaning Romney, the other 5 said they still don't know.

Nice attempt at making this out as something more then it is. It's the only positive Romney got last night, so I understand why you are tying to shill it in every thread.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

So, personal question for you. Do you feel bad at all in using 4 dead Americans as pawns in trying to push your agenda?

Do you?

I'm not using them as pawns, that is on you.

A DC-3 airplane (which is what was denied) wasn't going to stop that attack.

Nice try, and bravo on continue to shamelessly using these 4 Americans deaths as a political tool. How sad, Americans die and all you can do is try to exploit their deaths.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Do you?

I'm not using them as pawns, that is on you.

A DC-3 airplane (which is what was denied) wasn't going to stop that attack.

Nice try, and bravo on continue to shamelessly using these 4 Americans deaths as a political tool. How sad, Americans die and all you can do is try to exploit their deaths.

You can spin all you want. The blood will never wash off Obama's hands.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   

The President clearly misled the American people with this claim, because if Obama’s Rose Garden speech was indeed the White House position, it did not inform any subsequent statement by the White House press office — and was even directly contradicted by his own spokesman several days later. On September 20 — eight days after Obama claims to have called the Benghazi attack an “act of terror” — Jay Carney affirmed to reporters that the White House had never called it “a terrorist attack.”

More evidence of deception By Jennifer Rubin
www.washingtonpost.com...

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

You can spin all you want. The blood will never wash off Obama's hands.

And maybe someday the guilt will set in your mind that you shamelessly used Americans dying as a tool to try to push your agenda.

It is no less disgusting when an average joe like you does it than when Romney does it. Steven's father and one of the victims mother has asked for their kids death not be politicized. But you don't care about that do you.

But maybe one day, maybe you will realize how disgusting your rhetoric is and that you can so easily use their deaths to try to push an agenda.

Obama has taken responsibility, in case you missed that in the debate as well.

Sleep well, maybe you will dream up a conscience.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
After reviewing the debate from several angles. Here's my personal take on this. Just my opinion ATSers.

Noboday won. Obama's only advantage, his favorability ratings, slid.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   
You know I'm glad I didn't participate in this thread during the debate, I would've never been able to keep up. Hell I can still barely keep up the next day
. I watched the debate on YT because I missed it live.

Obama definitely looked better tonight than the last debate. He was more aggressive, which Romney supporters praised Romney for after the first debate. But now Obama is "being rude". Romney supporters also said Obama had more mic time tonight which I think is just a cop out because I believe Romney had more mic time than Obama in the first debate but I could be wrong about that.

I think the debate was pretty much a tie. They both had good points and bad points as well. I knew it was going to be good when they asked the gun control question. Romney passed an "assault rifle ban" in MA with the NRA's support and Obama believes in controlling "cheap handguns", which means neither supports the 2nd amendment in my view. They're both full of it though. Other than "Obamacare", I don't think Romney would change much, if anything, about Obama's presidency.

Overall, Obama's presidency didn't accomplish everything he said he would during his 2008 campaign. For that he lost my vote. But I'm not going to vote for somebody who changes his position based on who he's talking to either. No matter how much he tries to spin it, that 47% comment is going to bite Romney in the behind.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by alternateuniverse
After reviewing the debate from several angles. Here's my personal take on this. Just my opinion ATSers.

Noboday won. Obama's only advantage, his favorability ratings, slid.

DItto. No one "won" and we the people just keep on losing in my opinion.

In real life.. not internet.. folks were talking a lot more about the whole embassy issue. That seems to be a lot more on people's minds than the "tweet graph" showed. Mainly because neither of them had anything of any substance to offer about much of anything.

Neither of them will fix our country and fill our freezers, so to speak. The economy cant be actually fixed at this point. Changed maybe, but we wont go back to what we had previously. Maybe Id like to think we could have something better than what we had... in my lifetime anyway.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   
I don't understand why both sides are focused on the middle class while ignoring the poor. I guess they don't care about the unfortunate.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by HostileApostle

Once upon a time there was no such thing as the internet. I know it sounds hard to imagine, but it is true. In those days binders were used to catalogue people who were available and interested in being considered for open positions within companies. It was a quaint old-fashioned version of linkedin. Often the resumes included were created on an old fashioned creation know as a typewriter.

Are there any adults left on ATS?

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Do you?

Actually Beez, it was OUR Government that made those Decisions.

Or are you not a American?

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by NoJoker13

Lawlz

Check your post out...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

YOU are the one that used the term "baby maker". You used it because Romney did the low-down dirty deed of discussing being flexible with working mothers and allowing them the ability to have a professional life while still taking care of their families. YOU are the one that used a derogatory term as a label.

P.S. Get a clue...WELFARE IS NOT A "NECESSITY". No, we can get by perfectly fine without it. That's something you and your ilk haven't grasp yet. The world won't stop if welfare does. In fact, the world may actually progress.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by MsAphrodite
reply to post by HostileApostle

Once upon a time there was no such thing as the internet. I know it sounds hard to imagine, but it is true. In those days binders were used to catalogue people who were available and interested in being considered for open positions within companies. It was a quaint old-fashioned version of linkedin. Often the resumes included were created on an old fashioned creation know as a typewriter.

Are there any adults left on ATS?

Hand-cranked mimeograph machine.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by thov420

Overall, Obama's presidency didn't accomplish everything he said he would during his 2008 campaign. For that he lost my vote.

Has any president?

Accomplished everything they said in the first 4 years? Seems to me they are all stronger in their second term.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Otherwise known as a ditto, correct?
second line

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

I can just smell the methanol and isopropanol alcohol when it was a fresh run...I miss that smell

top topics

<< 43  44  45    47 >>

join