It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So how do you explain existence ?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by GafferUK1981

Why would you belittle somebody who has been taught both from her family and the bible that god can see everything you do, hear your thoughts and punish you for your actions. It's all a myth and its about time monotheism went the way of polytheism and died out. Lets face it atheism is the only belief that actually has the weight of any credible evidence behind it.

Because that is a result of people thinking and not knowing what the Bible really says Pard. And I already know what your point is. The wages of sin is death. Nowhere in the Bible does it say God gives us cancer if we sin. It is simply a law of the universe that if we sin death comes with it. We were warned of this by God but the father of lies had his way and by our not listening to the Creator of the universe sin and death got into the pic. Which is what the serpent wanted.

Are you just being coy because I can give reason and explain away your misguided beliefs ? About that which you don't believe in the first place ?
edit on 24-10-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

But we know like all of the Old Testament that there was no Adam or eve so you serpant story is false.

I would argue that everybody has sinned if you take the bible literally so who does go to heaven, repenters?

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by GafferUK1981

We know

"One tenth of one percent of absolutely nothing "
Thomas Edison

So there was no chicken and there was no egg either. Evolution even happens in a populace.

And you say belief in God is absurd ? And there in lies the meaning of this thread in the first place.
Your explanation for existence is even more absurd than believing there is a spiritual nature to man. Period.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Nine pages and no one can provide a better explanation.

I think I've made my point !

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Yes but your point is null and void.

Evolution is an observable fact, it didn't happen overnight, the planet is over 4 billion years old. That's a massive amount of time for our evolution from single cell organisms to occur.

My explanation for exist is Darwinian evolution, it us regarded by credible science as an absolute fact. We know how mankind evolved and at no point was there an Adam and Eve.

If you can't provide evidence in your argument there is no point in you trying to convince people that some magical sky wizard dropped us here on earth. You can't prove it or even provide evidence that even hints you to be correct.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by GafferUK1981
reply to post by randyvs

Yes but your point is null and void.

Evolution is an observable fact, it didn't happen overnight, the planet is over 4 billion years old. That's a massive amount of time for our evolution from single cell organisms to occur.

My explanation for exist is Darwinian evolution, it us regarded by credible science as an absolute fact. We know how mankind evolved and at no point was there an Adam and Eve.

If you can't provide evidence in your argument there is no point in you trying to convince people that some magical sky wizard dropped us here on earth. You can't prove it or even provide evidence that even hints you to be correct.

It would take evolution an infinite amount of time just to get started. And in a hostile environment that even science says the Earth once was ? Evolution can only be the result of many violent deaths. Carl Sagan himself..
It's just impossible.
No matter the false evidence. I think it's hilarious that something you claim has been proven ? Is still far more eccentric and unbelievable than just believing their is someone with a greater intel than us. And of a spiritual nature, holy and just that oversees creation. Fear is the only reason you would persist.

I would never even consider abandoning the best explanation for existence there is.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

You really think evolution is less likely than a god. Can you really be that delusional, do you not realise that life prospers in the harshest environments on earth. That is what evolution is about, natural selection, survival of the fittest.

Evolution is far more probable than a magical being appearing from nothing cos he didn't have a creator right?

I have never heard a single credible scientist say evolution us impossible. I guess it was one of your religious nuts who pretends to be a scientist.

I do not persist cos of fear. I have nothing to fear.
edit on 24-10-2012 by GafferUK1981 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

So there was no chicken and there was no egg either. Evolution even happens in a populace.

And you say belief in God is absurd ? And there in lies the meaning of this thread in the first place.
Your explanation for existence is even more absurd than believing there is a spiritual nature to man. Period.

Why can't you see that one bad theory doesn't validate another bad theory? Even if Evolution were a joke, in no way does this prove a god?

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

I don't need proof Jigger ! Why can't you see that you don't either. It's so obvious you have no excuse for not seeing it.

See for me God isn't a theory. He's a fact that I can feel I 'm so sorry you can't for some horrible reason.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   

I would never even consider abandoning the best explanation for existence there is.

That makes no sense, Randy. If even the best explanation is false, you would stick with it?

I offer you two choices on what Coffee beans are grown on:

1. The fins of whales. (worst explanation)
2. Maple trees. (best explanation)

So, you will agree with Maple trees?

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Of course you need proof. Us atheists have tonnes of proof. Don't you think even an ounce of proof would help your extremely weak argument?

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Maple trees. (best explanation)

Maple trees is the best of the two Jigger. The other being a mammal .

Honestly ?

Gaffer

Of course you need proof. Us atheists have tonnes of proof. Don't you think even an ounce of proof would help your extremely weak argument?

No Gaf, cause I don't need proof the sun lights up our day either. I know it does. I don't even believe it's an argument.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Yes but the sun is observable. We know its there, we know its a massive nuclear reaction. We know how the sun was created like every other star. Guess what, god didn't do that either.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   

reply to post by jiggerj

I don't need proof Jigger ! Why can't you see that you don't either. It's so obvious you have no excuse for not seeing it.

I have to ask: Do you believe in a god just because you want to believe, or have you done all that you can to become an informed believer?

There are SOOO many documentaries and debates online that will (yes, test your faith) open your mind to all the different ways in which to approach the idea of a god, or lack of one.

You could go to youtube and do a search on Christopher Hitchins, Richard Dawkins, Sam Harris. These atheism vs. religion debates will blow your mind. And, yes, I admit that some of the religious opponents in these debates (Frank Turek, Kent Hovind) have come up with arguments that had me going for a while, until people like Hitchin's explained it away. On both sides of these debates you'll find people extremely educated and so so smart!

I'm enjoying chatting with you, so in no way am I suggesting that you should learn more to have more to offer here. I'm saying that I want you to arm yourself with as much truth and with as many facts as you can in order to find and live with the truth - whatever that truth is. Like in my signature, I would rather have no idea than to live all of my life with the wrong idea.

edit on 10/24/2012 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

I have to ask: Do you believe in a god just because you want to believe, or have you done all that you can to become an informed believer?

I'll choose to leave that for you to decide Jigger.

...............................................................................................................

There are SOOO many documentaries and debates online that will (yes, test your faith) open your mind to all the different ways in which to approach the idea of a god, or lack of one.

Really ! I've been doing this for quite a spell and haven't found one. So if it's true why hasn't it or they arrived ?
I guess I don't find the comfort in them you do .

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by GafferUK1981
reply to post by randyvs

Yes but the sun is observable. We know its there, we know its a massive nuclear reaction. We know how the sun was created like every other star. Guess what, god didn't do that either.

I like that one word you used there Gaf.

'"Created" anything created needs a Creator. You said it ! You must be catching on. Either that or you can't even talk with subconsciously admitting the truth. And just because you can explain the mechanics ? That doesn't negate a mechanic.

Does it ?

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Let me explain what I disagree with on the science side:

Though evolution doesn't cover the creation of the very first living cell, why would the evolutionary process be different for the first cell? And yet, how could that cell be, at one point, only 5 percent alive, then evolve into 30% alive, then 90%, and finally 100% alive? No, that first cell had to POP into life right from the very beginning. Something is either alive or it isn't.

The Big Bang is, in my opinion, total crap. A singularity comprised of some form of material that was created out of nothing exploded into the universe we all know and love today. What a load of BULL!

But, again, in no way do these arguments offer even the slightest hint of a perfect being with magic powers.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Yet again you're incorrect. Something that is created needs a process of creation such as evolution. An almighty being is not involved and while we're on the topic if a creator surely you're creator was created. Who created him?

I know the answer, it's the imagination of man but let's have your answer.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj
reply to post by jiggerj

Let me explain what I disagree with on the science side:

Though evolution doesn't cover the creation of the very first living cell, why would the evolutionary process be different for the first cell? And yet, how could that cell be, at one point, only 5 percent alive, then evolve into 30% alive, then 90%, and finally 100% alive? No, that first cell had to POP into life right from the very beginning. Something is either alive or it isn't.

The Big Bang is, in my opinion, total crap. A singularity comprised of some form of material that was created out of nothing exploded into the universe we all know and love today. What a load of BULL!

But, again, in no way do these arguments offer even the slightest hint of a perfect being with magic powers.

So everything just sounds like crap to you Jigger ?
well you're not alone my friend it does to me too.

I'm not laughing at you . I just see us as two sides of the same coin and I think it's funny that the two sides but heads like this.
And that's the point of this thread.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   

reply to post by jiggerj

I'll choose to leave that for you to decide Jigger.

You can't leave it for others to decide, Randy. You have to understand that if YOU believe in god and heaven and hell, it is YOUR soul that you are gambling with! If you aren't absolutely frightened to death by the prospect of spending eternity in hell simply because you didn't learn ALL that you possibly could about your beliefs, then aren't you just asking for eternal damnation? Do you think this god you believe in will accept that you sinned but you didn't know it was a sin because you didn't do the research? I don't think so. And, if you truly truly believe in all of this, do you really want to risk going to hell because you didn't take the time to know your god as much as you possibly could?

Would you risk building a house without first taking years to learn how? Of course not. So, why would you risk your very soul by not learning everything you possibly can about your god?

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join