It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So how do you explain existence ?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
reply to post by nv4711

Have you any explanations for existence that don't sound just as looney. You haven't provided anything that doesn't sound just as looney to me or to yourself. Is this semantics or just me ?

Uhh... I guess sometimes it shows that English is only a second language for me....or my lack of reading comprehension. Either way, rejection of proposal accepted.

No your not unworthy. Forgive me if my home life shows up in my posting at times . Apologies.

No problem, we all have our moments. You don't strike me as being a spiteful person. There's enough of that in the World and I'm sure neither you nor I want to add to it.

Hey, not sure if you heard of these guys here, a foundation of Christian scientists, that believe they can reconcile God and Evolution.....I think it's quite interesting.... perhaps you want to check it out. Maybe they win the challenge?

biologos.org...

One more thing: I take back the "born in China would have made you believe in Panku...". That was bad reasoning, because 1) there are christian communities in China, so you'd might as well be born to christian parents, 2) You could have come across a Bible at any time and become a Christian.

I'll try to think my arguments through, next time ( can't guarantee it though
)
edit on 25-10-2012 by nv4711 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by nv4711

No problem, we all have our moments. You don't strike me as being a spiteful person. There's enough of that in the World and I'm sure neither you nor I want to add to it.

I will keep this in my upfront memory banks because it is good information to know. In other words I believe you.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

So are you trying to say that if billions of people believe something then it must be true.

Well there are billions of Christians and billions of Muslims but they both cant be right. They both can be wrong though and they are.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by GafferUK1981

Talking about spirituality without division Gaff. The specifics grow so tiresome.
edit on 25-10-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

I know for a fact you feel the same things I do sometimes X.

edit on 25-10-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 06:48 AM
link   
So after pages and pages in this thread the only explanation for creation which has evidence and reason to back it up is evolution. I'm afraid I can't say I'm surprised. Religion and evidence are never companions.

Does anyone have a theory with evidence rather than the old god created the world cos that is what they choose to believe?

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Evolution is an observable fact, it didn't happen overnight, the planet is over 4 billion years old. That's a massive amount of time for our evolution from single cell organisms to occur.

@ GafferUK1981

The above statement appears to me as to infer that your stating a fact. You stated that this planet is over four billion years old. There are some people who I have talked with that state that this planet is only five to six thousand years old. I really don't know who is right or who is wrong but perhaps you could tell me how you arrive at over four billion years I know how the others, that I listened to, arrive at their number and have heard from other people that the number is as high as fifteen billion years. How would any one prove this by observation that modern science claims as fact?

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 04:20 AM
link   
I doubt anyone really knows the ultimate truth of how or why existence came about. We do know that the old testament/genesis account is basically codswallop, however.

This is why people disregard genesis, without giving better explanation. They see one for the completely unsupported and ridiculous nonsense it is, without knowing the real answers.

A better question mighty be, how could otherwise nice, intelligent and sane people believe the genesis account? There is an answer to that, I believe (indoctrination).

edit on 28-10-2012 by Cogito, Ergo Sum because: for the heck of it.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 05:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Seede

I personally can't prove the earth to be 4.5 billion years old but it is accepted by science to be around that age.

The only people who believe the earth to be around 6 thousand are those who are terrified to admit that the bible is incorrect. We have fossils that are millions of years old, 6 thousand years is a blink of the eye compared to the earths actual age. We may not be able to prove its exact age but we do know it is not so young.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Cogito, Ergo Sum

I believe we are currently undergoing another transition from monotheism to atheism as we have previously had transitions from polytheism to monotheism.

The problem is the lack of education in third world countries and America has created a breeding ground for religious fanatics to come to the fore and exert their influence in others. Nobody has any evidence for a god but religion is an old tool that still works in controlling the masses apart from people with free minds such as you and I.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cogito, Ergo Sum
I doubt anyone really knows the ultimate truth of how or why existence came about. We do know that the old testament/genesis account is basically codswallop, however.

This is why people disregard genesis, without giving better explanation. They see one for the completely unsupported and ridiculous nonsense it is, without knowing the real answers.

A better question mighty be, how could otherwise nice, intelligent and sane people believe the genesis account? There is an answer to that, I believe (indoctrination).

edit on 28-10-2012 by Cogito, Ergo Sum because: for the heck of it.

" I can look around this world and see exactly why some one would say there is no God. What I can not fathom, is how they can look into the cosmos and make the same claim ".
Abraham Lincoln.

How could anyone with intelligence believe for one second, that the human being is the highest sentient form of consciousness and intelligence there is ?

What a goof that is ?

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   

The problem is the lack of education in third world countries and America has created a breeding ground for religious fanatics to come to the fore and exert their influence in others. Nobody has any evidence for a god but religion is an old tool that still works in controlling the masses apart from people with free minds such as you and I.

Controlling the masses ? That's the new charge ? Sorry no new toys today.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

You can post a million quotes but not one of them constitutes evidence.

Mankind is the most intelligent species on this planet. Of course the universe is enormous and there are most likely alien beings more intelligent than we are. I doubt they'd be daft enough to believe in a god.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Deep down you also believe. Or you wouldn't spend so much time on this thread.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Are you absolutely retarded? I think it is more likely that deep down you actually know that there is no god. Blind faith is a very flimsy ideology.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by GafferUK1981
reply to post by randyvs

Are you absolutely retarded? I think it is more likely that deep down you actually know that there is no god. Blind faith is a very flimsy ideology.

That's a retort ? You ask me if I'm retarded. Then say something that assimilates to, " No, you are " ?

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

I felt the need to lower myself to your level to get my point across.

You can attribute a lot of things to mans belief in god. The calendar is one such example. However you can't attribute ANYTHING to a god itself.

I know you're a strong believer and I know all the evidence in the world won't change your mind no matter how strong it is. It's no good just repeating scripture and utter nonsense to an atheist though. We base our knowledge on proven facts and a silly old book full of errors isn't going to change our minds.

I can appreciate how atheists can come across as smug and condescending but when we hear and read some of the complete and utter jaw dropping garbage religious people spew from their mouths I'm afraid it is easy to feel that we have the higher ground. After all our beliefs our based on heavily researched proven facts which is the complete opposite of the bible.
edit on 28-10-2012 by GafferUK1981 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   

can appreciate how atheists can come across as smug and condescending but when we hear and read some of the complete and utter jaw dropping garbage religious people spew from their mouths I'm afraid it is easy to feel that we have the higher ground. After all our beliefs our based on heavily researched proven facts which is the complete opposite of the bible.

And yet that is the whole point of this thread isn't it ? So how is it you can ridicule the story of creation and at the same time ruin all hope for yourself, at the end of this life. Mock God and another persons whole account for existence. While you belittle and insult them the whole way like some spoiled lil girl ? And all the while you can't give an example that doesn't sound just as for out as the one you ridicule ? To top it off you insist that you're the more intelligent ones in all this. Oh and mankind is the highest level of existence there can be according to Atheism. That's quite a wake.

Pal smug doesn't cover one coat of the paint you need to be dipped in.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Ahem... I don't want to intrude, but I think both of you should realize that the horse is already dead. No use in keep beating it. It wasn't very healthy to begin with and I think it died somewhere on Page 1.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

The story of creation is just that though it is a story. It has long since been proved to be a complete joke, stop trying to resurrect it.

You do realise evolution has masses of evidence to back it up don't ya or do you ignore that. It is not even comparable to the fiction if creationism. To be blunt evolution = fact.

One more thing that needs drilling into your head. I am positive there is no god so how can I fear what does not exist. How can I ruin heaven for myself, heaven is not what I want, I just want to die in no pain when my time comes and eventually go back to the stars from which my atoms once came from.

Where do you get that atheists consider man the highest form of intelligence. Going by what we know about the universe there could be alien civilisations billions of years more advanced than ours.

Heck even the idea if creation put forward in Prometheus is far more believable than the joke in the bible.
edit on 28-10-2012 by GafferUK1981 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join