It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ESO set to make astounding disclosure!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 06:55 AM
link   
www.disclose.tv...

This is where the OP got his first post. He just didn't source it and changed one or two words to make it 'his'. Your dishonesty is astounding for star hunting. ALWAYS quote your source. Plagiarism isn't cool man.

In fact no, in reading again HELL NO. Your dishonesty is MORE than astounding, where they put "we" because it's THEIR work, you put 'I'. OMG. Dude, you're not cool at all man. So sad.
edit on 11/10/2012 by Joneselius because: (no reason given)

See my sig for why I'll always expose you work robbers.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Joneselius

This if from the OP's first post.....*I quote from the ESO website itself:*....did you miss that part....

Des

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Roll your eyes at me, he's CHANGED the wording to mean himself.

Don't you see that (insert condescending eye roll here). We're no fools on this website.

And I quote "(which I follow for asteroid and comet detection news)"
edit on 11/10/2012 by Joneselius because: (no reason given)[/edit

This is the originals wording. "(which we follow for asteroid and comet detection news)"... Go figure.
extra DIV

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Joneselius
reply to post by Destinyone

Roll your eyes at me, he's CHANGED the wording to mean himself.

Don't you see that (insert condescending eye roll here). We're no fools on this website.

And I quote "(which I follow for asteroid and comet detection news)"
edit on 11/10/2012 by Joneselius because: (no reason given)[/edit

This is the originals wording. "(which we follow for asteroid and comet detection news)"... Go figure.

Well...when you actually have 20 posts to your name, you can start your very own thread to rant about the *one* word change......

I'm enjoying the story, as are many others. Are you a wee bit jealous you didn't post it first?

Des extra DIV

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Joneselius
www.disclose.tv...

This is where the OP got his first post. He just didn't source it and changed one or two words to make it 'his'. Your dishonesty is astounding for star hunting. ALWAYS quote your source. Plagiarism isn't cool man.

In fact no, in reading again HELL NO. Your dishonesty is MORE than astounding, where they put "we" because it's THEIR work, you put 'I'. OMG. Dude, you're not cool at all man. So sad.

See my sig for why I'll always expose you work robbers.

i see what you mean
its a bit sad he did that, very ignorant in fact
good detective work

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Jones is correct, he essentiality copied the disclose.tv article word for word. That article copied some of ESO data. So yes this OP has entered into plagiarism territory. Still interesting nonetheless and since I don't frequent disclose because there are too many silly articles (as I blindly ignore the same here).

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by sapien82
Dyson system would be cool !

what would also be cool is we found and earth like planet and we can measure that it has biomass on it confirming the existence of life !

Yes if we can see them , then they possibly can see us !

If it's intelligent life and we can see each other, the next step is to communicate.

I wonder how their sciences would differ from ours. So many questions will be going back and forth. And maybe pictures too! Ok, I think I'm getting carried away lol.

I hope we won't be disappointed.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by phroziac
I actually have a wager on the table that disclosure happens by the end of the year. So if they do, i get fifty bucks....lmao. so im hoping.

But seriously.....why would they be so tight lipped and excited? Could they?

Several very suspicious discoveries were made in the last few days as well.
edit on 15-10-2012 by phroziac because: (no reason given)

Now you made curious...What discoveries are you talking about?

sec.line

EDIT: Question already answered
edit on 16/10/2012 by zatara because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Before I get too excited, or anyone else gets too excited.. remember what is in the realm of discovery. It's like we have a magnifying glass, all the cool alien world stuff is microscopic so we can't see it, but we might be able to tell the element components, weight and density of stuff from gravitational equations and mostly study of spectrographs. There is no way for us to see airplanes flying in alien planet atmospheres or anything exciting like that. The most exciting thing I imagine they could have found is evidence of an oxygen nitrogen atmosphere like someone else said earlier, with high probability that some other factor like temp would still be inhospitable. Our magnifying glass isn't powerful for any of the super cool stuff that get sci-fi blood going. But it is cool enough real science.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   
One thing is for sure....We live in a world where some people are in control and nothing which is under their control will surface to the public if "they" do not allow it to surface.

So, if these scientist have some information to publish which will undermine their agenda it will not be published. With other words, everything we will learn from these scientist can be part of a bigger plan or has been cut down to digestable sizes.

It can well be that on the last moment before the announcement they will be halted and come with a silly story instead.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by AudioOne

Agreed, if it was anything truly groundbreaking, it wouldn't be the ESO releasing it, the Governments of major nations would snap that up straight away, and either block its release, or drip feed us information/dis-information.........oh hang on.......lol

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   
its a planet with 2 suns nothing to see here

move along

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Even though I'm eager to hear what they've discovered, I'm not going to count my chickens just yet.

If ESO discovered an exoplanet with a hospitable atmosphere it would warrant more than just an online press conference. But then again these things need verification, whatever it is they've found will be scrutinized and confirmed or denied by other scientists before a major announcement is made.

Not to mention a lot of scientists often jump the gun. Look at the faster than light neutrino they claimed to have found. Doesn't matter how smart you are, you are still human and are capable of mistakes.

But i'm being pessimistic. Deep down I really hope they find something extraordinary, something so remarkable that the MSM can't ignore it.
edit on 16-10-2012 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   
I like posts like this because I get to let my imagination wander to the *what if* scenario....
Cant wait to actually hear the news, even if it is disappointing....

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by KentuckyMan

You mean 4 suns??

As most of us assumed, a disclosure event wasn't in the cards for today.

But a circumbinary planet that actually has 4 sols is a pretty amazing find, none the less.

Planet Found W/ 4 Suns

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Whatever it ends up being, even if it only improves our understanding of the cosmos by one iota, it will be worthwhile in my opinion. It's not entertainment as far as I'm concerned. It's discovery and exploration.

Peace.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   
I'm going to give a star and flag just because I'm curious but as many times before we will likely be let down.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Unflagged. This is why i dont star ops, you cant take em back....

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Ya know, we have two events coming up rapidly, the Elections AND the 2012 December Mayan event. It should make for an exciting Years end....

There will probably be a news article in January of February about how there's some big letdown and people are suffering psychologically from it....lol..

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Your claim that I have indulged in Plagiarism is false. Please note that my post on ATS is over 19 hours old. The post on Disclose.tv is about 15 hours old. Moreover, anyone having a facebook account can check the TIMESTAMP of the disclose.tv post on FaceBook.

Moreover, I do believe that Disclose.tv is run and edited by SMART people, who would not make silly mistakes like I did (and which was pointed out by revmoofoo)...17th is not Tuesday, it is Wednesday! I made a blunder while typing it out on my iPhone...and Disclose.tv simply copied it. Is is amazing how you have already judged my first post on ATS as a dishonest post!

And, I do have a twitter account, where I interact with the people I have quoted in my second post on this thread... see below example from my twitter:

Now, I challenge anyone, to prove that this Thread was copied or dishonest in any way!

Why would you try to malign my first post, without doing basic research on the web to check the timestamps? I have put this post forward, just to debunk people like you, who cannot give credit where it truly belongs!

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join