It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ESO set to make astounding disclosure!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:
la2

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
stories are only embargoed when the information flow to the general public is to be controlled, usually this is saved for large scale events that will garner a public reaction, will be interesting to keep watching this develop, if it is huge news we have to think that its embargo is due to tonights presidential debate.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Is there any way to view this conference video stream ?

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by ALF88

Originally posted by flexy123
Kinda hard to believe...disclose.tv must be a sh!tty site if they simply copy/paste from other sources. That's a big no-no for any webmaster.

Again, what problem do you guys have with disclose.tv?

The announcement of the press conference is on the official ESO Homepage.
edit on 16-10-2012 by ALF88 because: typo

wrong.

As it looks (correct me if i am wrong), disclose.tv copied/pasted a user's thread word for word to put it as "announcement" on their site. This is at least what the OP *claims*, facing allegations he copied/pasted from disclose.tv.
edit on 16-10-2012 by flexy123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   
HOPE ITS ANOTHER EARTH,SO EVERYBODY CON MOVE ON AND LEAVE THIS ONE TO BE CLEANED...

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Maybe I´m silly, but...why is there some poeple here arguing here on this discussion? I mean, we all know that ESO are gonna let some news out about a new exoplanet right? OK, fine. What is it to fight about? I mean are we fighting over speculation about what it is that they have found? So basicly, one camp fight for *insert speculation here* and the other camp fight for *insert another speculation here*. Come on, are we really fighting over, at this moment, imaginary things that we don´t know anything about yet?

I can see people fighting when the facts is on the table, like tomorrow maybe, but now? Have we sunken that low. WOW, really WOW.

You guys make me proud, really, you deserve a fvcking diploma decorated with glitter and stars.

edit on 16-10-2012 by Nettlas because: (no reason given)

la2

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Nettlas

I think the main issue here is the nature of the announcement, embargo till 7pm cest wednesday, meaning it wont even make european newspapers until thursday morning, just seems strange for a run of the mill exoplantet announcement.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Nettlas

You're right, I for can't wait for some fresh information.

I really wonder what it could be.

Please for once, let it be something! Not the usual, we found a rock. We'll let you know for an extra 900 billion Euro's .

Tune in next week for sauce

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by FrankLY
Looks like they haven't released anything yet since I can't find anything online (The press conference was at 10.00am (Eastern Time) )

I have a feeling they found a "Dead planet" and they will go on to say things like "See, if we keep killing each other and the rock we live on, we will end up like this..."

Anyway, i'm interested and looking forward to the big announcement

Thanks for the post!

Today (16 October) at 1600 CEST (which was just over an hour ago), is a online conference with the press (not public). To attend you have to of filled out a email form that a link to can be found in the OP's source link.
In the form, all journalist agree to not publish any information released at today's conference until tomorrow (Wednesday, 17 October at 1700 CEST).

So you won't see anything from the press until after 1700 Central European Time tomorrow. Unless someone leaks it first.
edit on 16-10-2012 by eriktheawful because: spelling

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Starred&flagged you OP,

Anyone on ATS with a press license that is semi allergic to Embargoes??

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by ALF88

Kinda hard to believe...disclose.tv must be a sh!tty site if they simply copy/paste from other sources. That's a big no-no for any webmaster.

Again, what problem do you guys have with disclose.tv?

The announcement of the press conference is on the official ESO Homepage.
edit on 16-10-2012 by ALF88 because: typo

wrong.

As it looks (correct me if i am wrong), disclose.tv copied/pasted a user's thread word for word to put it as "announcement" on their site. This is at least what the OP *claims*, facing allegations he copied/pasted from disclose.tv.
edit on 16-10-2012 by flexy123 because: (no reason given)

You are wrong, because if you would have read the opening post of this thread you would have realized, that there is a link to the ESO homepage!

Disclose TV is not the source!

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by eriktheawful

Originally posted by FrankLY
Looks like they haven't released anything yet since I can't find anything online (The press conference was at 10.00am (Eastern Time) )

I have a feeling they found a "Dead planet" and they will go on to say things like "See, if we keep killing each other and the rock we live on, we will end up like this..."

Anyway, i'm interested and looking forward to the big announcement

Thanks for the post!

Today (16 October) at 1600 CEST (which was just over an hour ago), is a online conference with the press (not public). To attend you have to of filled out a email form that a link to can be found in the OP's source link.
In the forum, all journalist agree to not publish any information released at today's conference until tomorrow (Wednesday, 17 October at 1700 CEST).

So you won't see anything from the press until after 1700 Central European Time tomorrow. Unless someone leaks it first.

I guess that is the reason, why we haven't heard anything yet. I got a strange feeling about this. Why are they making it such a secret?

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Update:
1) The online confrence has over 75 journalists from esteemed publications world over.
2) The panel members comprise of eminent scientists...Heavy Weights.
3) As I type this, let me assure you the conference is still on. The Q & A session is next.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by ubeenhad

Originally posted by zilebeliveunknown
Now wait a minute, they want juournalists to agree not to publish the material before 19:00CEST on Wednesday 17th? Why is that?

Journalists must clearly state in the email that they agree to honour the embargo and will not publish or discuss the research until after 19:00 (CEST) on Wednesday 17 October 2012

Standard procedures. Could mean its big tho. Or not.
www.space.com...

Im sure it will leak before that date if it is exciting.

edit on 15-10-2012 by ubeenhad because: (no reason given)

This is just me talking here, but i think (read: believe) that the REAL question is, why tell people you're going to tell them something, THEN place an embargo on it's secrecy? Either don't throw down your ace's until you're actually ready to say something...OR you're actually disingenuous about it wanting to remain secret and actually hope for it to be leaked.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by sevensheeps

I have a press license but it's expired (Not a reporter anymore
)

It's too bad since I'm highly allergic to embargoes

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Can you give us a hint, at least?

Why that embargo? Doesn't make any sense to me.

la2

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by eriktheawful

its actually 7pm, cest, which in itself is strange, the european markets will be closed, it will be around lunch time in New York and Tokyo it will be middle of the night.

If it is a really huge announcement, could the 1900 cest be timed to coincide with an official announcement by a major leader, we just dont know right now, but it does feel very strange.

edit on 16-10-2012 by la2 because: miss typed the time difference between europe and japan, sorry

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by UnknownEntity
Update:
1) The online confrence has over 75 journalists from esteemed publications world over.
2) The panel members comprise of eminent scientists...Heavy Weights.
3) As I type this, let me assure you the conference is still on. The Q & A session is next.

Source please, if you don't mind

+2 more 
posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by flexy123

I've sent a DMCA notice to disclose.tv on this. This is the second DMCA Take Down I've had to send them in as many weeks. I believe their members grab whatever they like all over the web and post it there sans any credit or source links, it's a culture thing I guess.

They did respond to the last notice I sent them and removed the infringing video, but, it seems they don't research anything before putting it up on their main pages. That's not good. It causes lots of confusion (as evidenced in this thread with some members thinking the OP copied disclose when it was disclose who copied the OP) and creates mistrust among publishers, especially when it seems to happen with every "big story" we break around here.

Just so it's clear, ATS Member, "UnknownEntity" got it first, and was plagiarized by Disclose.tv. Not the other way around.

Springer...

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Can you give us a hint, at least?

Why that embargo? Doesn't make any sense to me.

Probably a ploy to try and get more funding. They always make these kinds of announcements when they think they find a new planet.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by ALF88

Could be many reasons for doing it this way. There may be legal problems, copyrights of some sort they want to protect or publishing rights, or they felt the news was so important that they did not want one news outlet to have the "scoop" on the information and wanted it to be released by everyone at the same time to be fair or unbiased.

If it's news that they've confirmed finding a "Earth like planet" with proof that it may have life, it would be big news, and really, we've waiting this long to know something like that so an extra couple of days of waiting means nothing.

Or as others have posted, it may not be that big of a deal, but they did this for the hype to keep people interested in this subject. Most people that are not involved in this field get bored quickly or simply do not feel that something that is actually astonishing to scientist, is pretty hum-drum to them (what? you found a planet that has 4 stars? :Yawn: big deal, let me get back to texting my BFF on my iPhone, there's another gossip article about JoLo that we just have to discuss, then I have more political bashing to post!)

edit on 16-10-2012 by eriktheawful because: (no reason given)

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join