page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Allegory of Illumination
reply to post by KentuckyMan

You mean 4 suns??

As most of us assumed, a disclosure event wasn't in the cards for today.

But a circumbinary planet that actually has 4 sols is a pretty amazing find, none the less.

Planet Found W/ 4 Suns

Guess you didnt read the thread. Tsk tsk. Theres an embargo on the information until tomorrow and the press conference hasnt even happened ydt. I mean, its possible, but we are hoping....

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by UnknownEntity

So you're telling me that THEY copied YOU?

Sounds to me like you should be sending them a letter doesn't it, because the odds of that happening are truly, ridiculously low.

It does say on that website that copyrighted material may be used WITH REFERENCE. You're not referenced at all. Not once. I'm not saying this is a bad post, in fact it's remarkably interesting. This sounds like an issue you should take up with that website. If what you're saying is true.....
edit on 11/10/2012 by Joneselius because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Joneselius
reply to post by Destinyone

Roll your eyes at me, he's CHANGED the wording to mean himself.

Don't you see that (insert condescending eye roll here). We're no fools on this website.

And I quote "(which I follow for asteroid and comet detection news)"
edit on 11/10/2012 by Joneselius because: (no reason given)[/edit

This is the originals wording. "(which we follow for asteroid and comet detection news)"... Go figure.

GO TO YAHOO GROUPS AND JOIN 'COMETS-ML', I am a member there, let me know which mailing list disclose.tv follows...? extra DIV

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by UnknownEntity

Originally posted by Joneselius
reply to post by Destinyone

Roll your eyes at me, he's CHANGED the wording to mean himself.

Don't you see that (insert condescending eye roll here). We're no fools on this website.

And I quote "(which I follow for asteroid and comet detection news)"
edit on 11/10/2012 by Joneselius because: (no reason given)[/edit

This is the originals wording. "(which we follow for asteroid and comet detection news)"... Go figure.

GO TO YAHOO GROUPS AND JOIN 'COMETS-ML', I am a member there, let me know which mailing list disclose.tv follows...?

Well it would appear that they've copis your work and changed YOUR words around to look like their research.

If that's the case I truly apologise and completely rescind my previous post, as it would appear I was lax in my research.
extra DIV

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Joneselius

Yes, thats what I am saying. And I have proved it in my posts above. Now ask disclose.tv to prove me wrong. Rather, since you have lifted your fingers on me, kindly either prove me wrong or take your words back. Why should I allow anyone to call me a plagiarist and a dishonest person?

(I did not see your last post, in my anger I wrote the above lines, I apologize too.)
edit on 16-10-2012 by UnknownEntity because: Response received.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by phroziac
Right. It says in the announcement that you have to prove youre a journalist to get in and have to agree not to disclose til tomorrow.

Heres the form to fill out www.eso.org...
edit on 16-10-2012 by phroziac because: (no reason given)

Seems like they are determined to cash in on this find in advance.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Forgive me for been silly here but wouldn't any announcement of a kind that would get the majority of ATS excited not be announced by a world leader. who would be falling over themselves to do so.

Im sure this will be very interesting find just like the recent 4 sun planet but as for life, deathstars and rouge planets. its not going happen like this.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by zatara

Agenda? Scientists? Please do elaborate.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   
I saw some news on a mainstream french website last night (lapresse) and it was speaking they discover a planet with 4 suns...that could be the news...

here is the link

www.lapresse.ca... terne=trafficdrivers&utm_contenuinterne=cyberpresse_B9_sciences_1817902_accueil_POS2

maybe this is the announcement...

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   
"Virtual Press Conference to Announce Major Exoplanet Discovery", Whoopty fu***ng Doo, New it was gonna be rubbish

edit: Actually ignore that, i just read the eso site properly and found this bit "ESO will hold an online press conference to announce the results and assess their impact" the assess their impact bit has got me quite interested now.
edit on 16-10-2012 by crackfox because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ulrir
I saw some news on a mainstream french website last night (lapresse) and it was speaking they discover a planet with 4 suns...that could be the news...

here is the link

www.lapresse.ca... terne=trafficdrivers&utm_contenuinterne=cyberpresse_B9_sciences_1817902_accueil_POS2

maybe this is the announcement...

I wish people would read at least SOME of the thread before commenting. I've read that same idea about 4 times now over the last few pages.

I'm sure the news will be anti-climatic but at least the build up gets us excited!

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Ive reflagged. Disclose.tv never was that credible to me but theyve lost all credibility in my mind now.

Awesome that ats is good enough to be plagiarized. Hahahaha.....
But what the hell...

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by phroziac

Ive reflagged. Disclose.tv never was that credible to me but theyve lost all credibility in my mind now.

Awesome that ats is good enough to be plagiarized. Hahahaha.....
But what the hell...

Why unflag it? It is on the official ESO Homepage! What is your problem?

Apart from that, shouldn't the "online press conference" have started 35 minutes ago?

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Kinda hard to believe...disclose.tv must be a sh!tty site if they simply copy/paste from other sources. That's a big no-no for any webmaster.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Looks like they haven't released anything yet since I can't find anything online (The press conference was at 10.00am (Eastern Time) )

I have a feeling they found a "Dead planet" and they will go on to say things like "See, if we keep killing each other and the rock we live on, we will end up like this..."

Anyway, i'm interested and looking forward to the big announcement

Thanks for the post!

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by madjetxe

agreed

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by MystikMushroom
reply to post by UnknownEntity

I'm leaning to an announcement that they have discovered a planet with an oxygen/nitrogen atmosphere.

Cool, but unless we have warp drive we'll never see it.

Nothing "Earth shattering", no "Aliens exist" proof. Nope, just another planet that may be able to support life.

Think again, about your "...unless we have warp drive we'll never see it ," comment.
typical human closed-mind NIH (not invented here) thinking. Such a pity, and for someone on ATS, too!

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Great thread here! I'm glad to read that you also proved to be innocent of all accusations. I have to hit the sack now but I have read all the post and leave you guys with this question. A good way to gauge an accurate prediction, would be to find out what they were working on in the last 2 years.. Surly they had to have said something in the past?
F&S I would but I must Zzzzzzz later

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by flexy123
Kinda hard to believe...disclose.tv must be a sh!tty site if they simply copy/paste from other sources. That's a big no-no for any webmaster.

Again, what problem do you guys have with disclose.tv?

The announcement of the press conference is on the official ESO Homepage.
edit on 16-10-2012 by ALF88 because: typo

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mosthated718bx
Great thread here! I'm glad to read that you also proved to be innocent of all accusations. I have to hit the sack now but I have read all the post and leave you guys with this question. A good way to gauge an accurate prediction, would be to find out what they were working on in the last 2 years.. Surly they had to have said something in the past?
F&S I would but I must Zzzzzzz later

We found that two of three scientist attending press conference were working on finding HABITABLE PLANETS!
pg.2 or 3

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join