It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ESO set to make astounding disclosure!

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
ok, in an attempt to hype my interest in this I found that what had already been released in 11 was the planet found near cygnus, which is 600 LYrs away with A.C under 5,

soooo,,, I'm no mathematician or space travel expert but I'm guessing this is big because it means it answers the questions of how ets could have gotten here.

Hmmmm... Now, on one hand it seems that if nasa didn't already make this known, they didn't already know about it.... but the fact that they DIDN'T announce it, could they have already known.

so, there is this program where they are looking for certain types of planets. other people start doing the same thing.

bam... there it is, nasa makes no reference or disclosure about something they already know and the ESO does it for them. NASA sits back quietly and the ESO realize it could be big news because it directly points to the realization in everyones mind that they could already be here.

so why didn't nasa find this one? It should have, as close as it is.

ok...ok...this might have just gotten interesting.
edit on 17-10-2012 by NotAnAspie because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by NotAnAspie
I could have sworn that something like this was already released and without the big to do.

Don't get me wrong, it's great and all but I wouldn't exactly call this any kind of real disclosure.

this whole thing made it out to be some big secret, this isn't a secret... it's a discovery much like many others before it.

I could have sworn in the last year that something very similar to this had already been released.

They did, September last year, I linked it a couple of posts back.This year must be a stamp and seal on it. Next year......?

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by UnknownEntity

I can truly say this much, the media conference shall evoke a shock and awe effect, the likes of which have not been discussed in many many years.

I have to say that i didn't end up 'shocked' or 'awed'.

They found another planet. It's not like we are going to visit soon.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by smurfy

Originally posted by NotAnAspie
I could have sworn that something like this was already released and without the big to do.

Don't get me wrong, it's great and all but I wouldn't exactly call this any kind of real disclosure.

this whole thing made it out to be some big secret, this isn't a secret... it's a discovery much like many others before it.

I could have sworn in the last year that something very similar to this had already been released.

They did, September last year, I linked it a couple of posts back.This year must be a stamp and seal on it. Next year......?

Is this Portuguese or a language like Portuguese because the translation is pretty choppy and from what I can read, this only talks about the search.

If you speak Portuguese, you should translate this or if you have a better translator because this is an english board and it seems that maybe even you lost something in the translation... correct me if I am wrong. I think it says they thought they could detect maybe some little planets and they will be looking for them and larger planets would be excluded from the search.

the implications of this discovery only broaden the future for space travel but what it points to... is that we don't need to factor in the impossibility of space flight over light speed, that means ets are easily already here.

there's no way nasa didn't find this because they are looking for them too, found one over 600 light years away but they published THAT to illustrate how unlikely visitation is, whereas they did not say anything about alpha centauri... which paints a completely different picture.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
It seems that this pdf has all the info on that planet.

www.eso.org...

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by hououinkyouma
reply to post by UnknownEntity

I think you are absolutely correct. There's nothing wrong about being excited with this scientific discoveries or achievements like the Red Bull Stratos.

In fact this lack of enthusiasm by the biggest part of humanity is the reason that there's so little investment in science nowadays.

People don't like being taken for absolute "tax slave" fools.

THAT is the reason for the lack of enthousiasm!

Can you people get anything right or what?

Ufos and aliens have been a popular(although PURPOSEFULLY NEGLECTED topic) for thousands of years. The longer the HORRENDOUSLY BIASED scientific community continues to ignore and ridicule THE OBVIOUS the less and less money and interest will be shown.

Take my advice to the federal reserve SCAM bank!

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Close stars... Sirus... Sirians.

You've heard all about them. Arcturians, Lyrans, Orions... Close, but not so close.

AlphaCentaurians... Haven't heard much them. Obvious, but oh how peculiarly inobvious.

Like someone said, the main problems I think with interstellar travel is the huge gap and the conditions of the interstellar medium... but if that inbetween environment is not as extreme and has more orbiting bodies to use as hops, Why is the main suspect of ET origins (interstellar ones that is) not alpha Centauri... Except in the movie the last starfighter but even that suggestion didn't stick.

People just aren't thinking about it I guess.

What does NASA have to say about not announcing this first... or the announcement at all.

I can't help but to wonder.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   
here's what nasa says

www.nasa.gov...

important parts is that they look for stars in a different way but if you look at their projects for this you'll understand how i wonder if they missed it. they also point out that they are looking to decide very soon which exoplanet they want to try to travel to and I tried to find which ones they are implying... the two candidates. I cannot figure t out.

I read one article that says kepler22b is most likely to be a star that could host life like earth which is 600 light years away. That can't be one of the one's... so what the hell did they find, their last big announcement seems to be kepler22b.

I'm telling you, this makes no sense.

I think they must have already known about the much closer exoplanets and just didn't announce it. Why?

They can't POSSIBLY be planning a 600 light year trip by the end of the decade... so why was this one so exciting for them?

WHICH ONES ARE THEY TALKING ABOUT?

I just want to find one example of all their numbered planets they have found and see which one is closest but it's like digging for treasure.

Can anybody help me out?

What is NASAs closest earth like candidate?!

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by NotAnAspie

Gliese 163c ?

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by crackfox

Gliese 163c ?

is that the closest they've found... or said they found cause that's a whopping 49 light years.

if they say that is the closest, this is why I say I don't buy it.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   

I think it's the closest in the habitable zone, I mean we aint gonna get there anytime soon but 49ly isn't that far in the grand scheme of things.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   

I would be looking at alpha draconia and zeti reticulae.

That is where most of the abducted humans are taken to for food, if not to some underground cia facility here on earth.

The earth and moon are hollow. No one cares. How unsuprising I guess. Bad news are hard to swallow!

And yes I think there are good aliens as well from the places you mentioned.
edit on 17/10/12 by EarthCitizen07 because: change word

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07
The earth and moon are hollow.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   
So, evidently they discovered a planet orbiting Alpha Centauri B (4.35 or 4.37 ly away from Earth depending on where I read) that is of similar minimum calculable mass to Earth. However, it is not in the so-called Goldilocks zone and is believed to be too close to its star to sustain life. The important element of the discovery seems to be that a star that close to ours has a planet with a mass similar to Earth's, but also that the technique they used - (something called radial velocity, which I have no knowledge of being a layperson) is capable of delivering highly precise detections of super-Earths or Earth-like planets around a variety of star types.

It further suggests - perhaps more tantalizingly - that this raises the possibility of other exoplanets around Alpha Centauri B, perhaps even in the Goldilocks zone.

From the PDF:

However, the small amplitude of the signal shows that the radialvelocity
technique is capable of reaching the precision needed to detect habitable super-Earth
planets around stars similar to our Sun, or even habitable Earths around cooler stars (i.e. Mdwarfs).
In addition, statistical studies of exoplanets suggest that small-mass planets are preferentially formed in multi-planetary systems10, 11, 12. There is therefore a high probability that
other planets orbit Alpha Centauri B, maybe in its habitable zone.

That seems to be the take away from this study. I for one am not disappointed. Essentially this raises the specter of Earth-like planets in the habitable zone of a star only 3 and a half light years from Earth. With emerging propulsion technologies like Ion and so forth, it is conceivable - not necessarily probable, mind you - that we could see at least an unmanned mission to this planetary system within my lifetime. Not at all an underwhelming prospect, personally.

Peace.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
The thing about zeta reticuli is that this is what we are told to think because of abduction stories and that is the exact point I'm trying to make.

It just proves my point that people go by what they are told rather than looking at what is right under their nose... why?

Maybe to take attention away from what is obvious, perhaps?

when it comes to 40-50 light years... that is WAY more inconceivable than just over four for two overwhelming reasons just for starters.

40 light years without speed of light travel cannot be done in one life time. Space procreation is a problem, you understand and even it wasn't... who's to say your children or grandchildren will be good at space flight. Reasonable is spending less than one lifetime... as far as we can gauge of course. Sure, longevity may be longer for some but we still need to look at what's reasonable.

Two, too much space in between means MANY more obstacles to overcome. Jumping off points will be MUCH less predicable, scalable, plannable. If you are talking two star systems who are adjacent, you are probably talking about much less volatile medium between the two.

We are talking apples and oranges... Unless NASA can travel at light speed, I'd bet anything they know all about Alpha Centauri and have a REASON to want to focus attention elsewhere... and it seems to be working.

It's like taking an almost impossible mission and multiplying the difficulty by 50 and expecting it to still be possible. The difference is huge.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   
The only thing I find exciting about this is the possibility that the use of this technique will (notice I say "will", not "might") discover planets similar to Earth or Mars.

I think most of us can agree that eventually we will travel to other planets be it via government or private enterprise funded projects. The unlimited potential in raw materials mining will drive it as will population growth and probably survival.

Those needs and raw capitalism will drive us to develop the capabilities needed. It just needs to become "worth" doing. Only the exhaustion of high value / demand materials on Earth or an extinction threat will make the cost and effort finally worth the investment.

That's assuming we do not have all, most or at least some of those capabilities already. (My personal opinion based on Kelly's take ET home quote is that we have far more space travel capability than the public is allowed to be aware of).

Within the next two generations we will probably look to space for new supplies of water, new materials that cannot be manufactured on Earth and will see the first orbital factories for producing materials that require zero G.

Though it is kept very quiet in the mass media we already have public developments of gravity shielding tech that alone proves the capability for faster than light travel is within our reach (if not already on military craft still classified).

I believe we're going to start seeing announcements like this and even more exciting versions more and more often in rapid succession. "They" are running out of time to keep certain things secret, other countries who are not part of the "Cabal" are developing technology quickly - disclosure is happening. While a lot of us think of Disclosure as being the final admission at the highest level of UFO / ET there are many, many secrets that will become public as part of that and looking at this announcement combined with prior ones, the various new shiny tech toys coming online, etc one can clearly see the progression of a slow, controlled disclosure.

Sometime in the next 12 months they will announce the detection of an "earth-like" planet (similar mass, temperature, etc) followed by the detection of signals from such a planet indicating technologically developed life.
edit on 17-10-2012 by ecoparity because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Did they make the disclosure yet? I can't get on the site.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   
I read on one site "planet found just a stones throw from earth."
I have never thrown a stone 25 trillion miles
and it was a sucky lava planet too.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Conceals
Did they make the disclosure yet? I can't get on the site.

Yes

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   
How in the hell do we know alpha centauri b is 5 light years away? How do we know the temperature of this planet? Why should we believe what eso says when nasa has been caught redhanded lying about mars and venus?

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26 >>

join