It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do you make of "THE TRENDIES???"

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlindBastards
Why does one need a relationship with God? I agree with most of your points though, except that one. They seem to be content. The majority have no desire to learn nor be informed. Being dumb, uneducated and clueless can often be seen as cool. But as long as they’re happy for now. Though those blissfully unaware are often rudely awakened at some point.

That's a good question. I guess for me it's like this. I like to have an idea where we and this universe came from. Evolution seems to have too many holes. The universe they say it was a big bang. Whether a big bang or something else, it's hard to say. But then in my mind I'm thinking "why would there be a big bang". Like nothing behind it, just a big bang out of nothingness and for no reason? I find that hard to believe.

I think all that energy had to come from somewhere or someone. So needless to say from a scientific angle just based on my level of rational I postulate that there is a some kind of higher power.

So from there then to finish up that point, you have to sort of break it down like based on everything we know whats' the most likely understanding of God. And I think based on all the research, historic accounts, and evidence we have I believe it's the Christian God. Jesus.

Now if it was just only science and my own rational thinking, but I never once experienced anything supernatural, then I'd probably be a bit skeptical. Like how on earth are you gonna believe in something, but you can't seem to get any signs beyound that? That I think would be rather difficult.

But for me I've had tons and tons of experiences, feelings, thoughts, gifts, knowledge, and many other things I've shared with the higher power.

I could spout off a gazillion examples too. Like when I was back in college, a voice spoke to me a in dream. It said to do a business in a certain industry. I did, and it was a big hit that lasted 10 years. Like explain that one? But there's countless occasions of just a feeling, a thought, a supernatural connection you might call it.

Like I'll be trying to find a radio station, flipping around. But everything seems to be not my thing. So I'll just flip to the Christian station. And at that exact moment there will be someone talking about a situation that I'm currently dealing with. And the insight I'd get from that just blows my mind. Or other fate type incidences that get me thinking it's not random chance.

Plus on a more serious side, then lets say there is an afterlife. If there is and you show up and youre not ready then what? That's a scary thought. I think we only have this life to figure it out. But I think we have to figure it out and I think we get lots of chances too. But the problem I think for most is that the moment they think about trying some act to reach out to a higher power, like say a prayer or something, I think often there pride gets in the way. But I think it's critical that you try and check all pride and ego at the door. Stop letting it run your life. Stop caring about what others might think of you. That's what the trendies do. All that matters in life is what God thinks of you and what you think of you.

But anyway I don't want to ramble on too much, I got to run. Just thought I'd chime in as you did get me thinking.
edit on 15-10-2012 by r2d246 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by redbarron626
Of course you realize that Alex Jones makes his money off the consumer buying goods/services from his sponsors?
I put him right up there with Rush Limbaugh, pure entertainment not to be taken seriously. You may disagree but the fact that he is on radio means that he takes his money from the very people he is putting down.

Com' on, what's the problem with making money, and spreading what you believe?
Now, it's true that he is doing a lot of bugs, but do not compare him with Rush L., It's just not fair.
You may or may not like his style/ I understand that what he says may not reach you... But this guy started his infowars independently and almost alone, with not too much to bargain. It was a long road.
I think, it would make more sense to put energy debunking what he says (he makes a lot of mistakes), than just say oh... He is doing a lot o money.

We all want money, and this shoot the messenger thing is not so trendy anymore... Defamation for free is out. People start to sound like a gov Troll. Go for the content!!

Cheers brother

edit on 15-10-2012 by sidLives because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by r2d246

Strange bread indeed. Could be white, wheat, rye, pumpernickle, cinnamon, raisin, with crust, without crust. etc. Oh did you mean breed?

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by r2d246
I was at the mall the other day. I was thinking about how Alex Jones calles the brainwashed, zombie, sheeple slaveclass....."the trendies".

They're all running a variety of patterns:

- The keeping up with the jones effect
- playing out the roles of there day jobs
- living threw the ego
- oblivious to TPTB or anything outside of MSM
- completely dependent on the system

And what do you think AJ is like in his off camera time with the money he's made?

American talk radio host, actor and filmmaker, Alexander Emerick “Alex” Jones, has an estimated net worth of $5 million.

AJ doesn't have an ego or play out the role he created for himself? And I wouldn't say people are oblivious to "TPTB" because there are always "powers that be" in every single job, every single household, etc.

The government/corporate CEO and your mom are really not that different...
edit on 15-10-2012 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

This Alex Jones defamation process in getting more more laughable by the day.
Why don't we try a chilling and unbiased reality check?

First of all, all he does is based on Freedom of Speech, Freedom of Choice, Free Enterprise and Freewill. He gives everybody the chance to just “walk way”, move on if it's not your resonating with you. Nobody is forced to buy any advertised product, it's all in the scope of free choice that we all have.

More than that, he is one of the pioneers and a strong voice of the badly needed Alternative Media.
He successfully shacked the monopole of the Main Stream Corporate Media, inspiring many people to follow suit and pay attention to what is hidden behind the curtain.
His rates and YT channels beat the crap out of any dinosaur MSM. And there is a reason for that.

It's true that he would not be a popular Celebrity Idol Star and that his work is not target to “entertain” the masses, but his work is outstanding for at least tackling issues that despite it's importance, for our daily lives, are ignored, twisted or watered down on the MSM.

What gives the likes of CNNBBCFOXABCMSNBC an edge over him? The answer is nothing.
If he misses his predictions from time to time or if one does not believe in what he says, we should not forget that the MSM lied and deceived in unison for decades, dividing the masses while pushing the agendas of Corporations, Military Complex, UN, Wall Street and greedy rigged Politics. At the same token that they dumb us down with theirs Tom Cruises, Madonnas and Lady Gagas in a word wide scale.

AJ's business Model is vibrant & legal, it gets more professional by the day. It is independent, gives real jobs, promotes enterprises and products that would never have a chance to see the light of the day in any MSM Network.
And oh boy... there is a huge demand for this type of infos and products. What is the problem here? Jealousy or plain ignorance?

If more people would just use their critical mind and pay more attention to him, more people would know much earlier about the Farces that MSM brought upon us, like the Wars in Irak, Afghanistan, Libya & Syria and so on. One would know more about history, Shadow Governments, the FED, FIAT MONEY, Speed Trading... And much more.

Who was talking about the likes of Monsanto and DuPont since in the early 90s? Who is still talking about it? And the silenced quest of California for the Right to Know what they eat in the prop 37? Any MSM against GMO? No... why?
The international MSM doesn't lose a word about the PROP37. The Alternative Media does, lout and clear, Monsanto cannot hide anymore. Alex and Natural News deserve a lot of credit for it.

The bottom Line is, WAKE UP people and stop bulling!
we are losing too much time with divisions, defamations and negativity.
It's time to come up with arguments, alternatives, actions and more unity.

For the sake of
DENYING IGNORANCE

"We've taken care of everything
The words you hear, the songs you sing
The pictures that give pleasure to your eyes
It's one for all and all for one
We work together, common sons
Never need to wonder how or why"
by N. peart

edit on 16-10-2012 by sidLives because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by sidLives

If more people would just use their critical mind and pay more attention to him, more people would know much earlier about the Farces that MSM brought upon us...

Umm, no. Alex never taught me dick all. But there are a number of professors that write books who have enlightened me on many things. The problem is this recent generation needs someone flailing their arms on youtube, tv and shouting on the radio for them to pay attention to something.

AJ is no better than the MSM and lies just as much. Someone who capitalizes off people's fear, and does absolutely nothing in regards of getting to the truth.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by r2d246
I was at the mall the other day. I was thinking about how Alex Jones calles the brainwashed, zombie, sheeple slaveclass....."the trendies".

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 16-10-2012 by Thunderheart because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Your have spiraled circular logic so tightly that I am at a loss for words on how to untangle it.

In essence what you are saying is that:

- AJ is an alternative news source
- He bucks the system
- People ignore him because they just can't handle the truth
- All of this somehow makes him more credible than other people

Isn't he nothing more than a cult of personality? Like anyone else with followers?

Some people make money saying things that people pay attention to. Glenn Beck made a fortune out of it before people started smelling the BS, his ratings dropped, and he was moved out of the spotlight.

The danger with being a follower is you can't see where it is you are being led to. Just something to keep in mind.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Greetings bigfatfurrytexan,

thanks for your reply. Let me see if I can give you a reasonable reply.

Your have spiraled circular logic so tightly that I am at a loss for words on how to untangle it.

I hope it was a complement, if not sorry for that... I just tried to get my point across.

1) AJ is an alternative news source
2) He bucks the system
3) People ignore him because they just can't handle the truth
4) All of this somehow makes him more credible than other people

For the first point: I'm really surprised that that you're asking me if AJ (Infowars, prison planet and so on) can be considered an alternative new source. Well, I'd say yes. Actually when I hear anybody talking about Alternative News Sources", the name AJ pops up quite fast.
I can not see AJ as main stream... Can you?

point 2: He bucks the system --- Well, like everybody else... We all do, in one way or the other. He just managed to make bucks and say what he thinks, without breaking any law.
Quite brilliant if you ask me.
It is a Free Enterprise like any other. I'd say that he just found a market...
He lives from Free Speech and his own hard work.
I don't see any problem here.

As long as he keeps his status as "NOT TOO BIG to FAIL" and doesn't take any public money to keep going...
Do you see, he used his own capital money, he sells his own ideas and ideals, I never saw any promotion of violence...
I think it's just fine.

Many people want to have a say on the course of the society. Till not long a go it was a very tight compartmentalized brunch of business (the information Business), thanks to the internet every person can be an alternative information source. Quite good, don't you think so?
What do you say?

point 3: People ignore him because they just can't handle the truth ---
Not at all, that's not what I meant... I just think that people are just too quick to judge him.
Can it be, that it's because one finds so annoying that one have to hit the stop button before his delivery is finished?
I don't know. And I just want to know why.
Since he never applied to the American Idol Show, I'd like to have some better arguments against his views and less about his style. I simply don't see any rational reason to defame people on the base of his look, point of views or style. I use to stick to the message and the content. He is on the business of information.

point 4: Isn't he nothing more than a cult of personality? Like anyone else with followers?

I don't see it so... Maybe you could give me some light on this. I'd appreciate to know more about it.
I'm definitely none of his follower.
I just want to give him credits, where I think he deserves some and I don't believe much in defamation based of difference of point of views.
Just Fair Game.

Some people make money saying things that people pay attention to. Glenn Beck made a fortune out of it before people started smelling the BS, his ratings dropped, and he was moved out of the spotlight.

The danger with being a follower is you can't see where it is you are being led to. Just something to keep in mind.

Here I'd like to point out that Glenn Beck and AJ belongs to two different "species of people". As far as I get it, AJ has his one voice, mind and is his own boss, what gives him the freedom to be himself.
We may or may not like him, but AJ has a much broader spectrum to act upon.
I don't have much to say against him. But, as I said, who knows better?
We should always be open minded, discent is part of the game.
Pls let me know where are your concerns

Peace
DENY IGNORANCE

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho

Someone who capitalizes off people's fear, and does absolutely nothing in regards of getting to the truth.

Oh boy... Just a reminder: The MSM capitalizes off people's fear. Weapons of Mass Destruction. How many voices were there to bring us to down to our senses?
How many people lost theirs savings on the advise of the "experts" of the MSM? Who was talking about the wall street schemes?
How many of such examples would be necessary to move on in the discussion?

Persuade people to change their mind, every one decides by himself in what to believe...
People have Free Choice, AJ is just one more voice in the chore and by far not the worse (if you ask me)
Com on people... It's getting boring and it is not fair.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by sidLives
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Greetings bigfatfurrytexan,

thanks for your reply. Let me see if I can give you a reasonable reply.

I hope it was a complement, if not sorry for that... I just tried to get my point across.

1) AJ is an alternative news source
2) He bucks the system
3) People ignore him because they just can't handle the truth
4) All of this somehow makes him more credible than other people

For the first point: I'm really surprised that that you're asking me if AJ (Infowars, prison planet and so on) can be considered an alternative new source. Well, I'd say yes. Actually when I hear anybody talking about Alternative News Sources", the name AJ pops up quite fast.
I can not see AJ as main stream... Can you?

point 2: He bucks the system --- Well, like everybody else... We all do, in one way or the other. He just managed to make bucks and say what he thinks, without breaking any law.
Quite brilliant if you ask me.
It is a Free Enterprise like any other. I'd say that he just found a market...
He lives from Free Speech and his own hard work.
I don't see any problem here.

As long as he keeps his status as "NOT TOO BIG to FAIL" and doesn't take any public money to keep going...
Do you see, he used his own capital money, he sells his own ideas and ideals, I never saw any promotion of violence...
I think it's just fine.

Many people want to have a say on the course of the society. Till not long a go it was a very tight compartmentalized brunch of business (the information Business), thanks to the internet every person can be an alternative information source. Quite good, don't you think so?
What do you say?

point 3: People ignore him because they just can't handle the truth ---
Not at all, that's not what I meant... I just think that people are just too quick to judge him.
Can it be, that it's because one finds so annoying that one have to hit the stop button before his delivery is finished?
I don't know. And I just want to know why.
Since he never applied to the American Idol Show, I'd like to have some better arguments against his views and less about his style. I simply don't see any rational reason to defame people on the base of his look, point of views or style. I use to stick to the message and the content. He is on the business of information.

point 4: Isn't he nothing more than a cult of personality? Like anyone else with followers?

I don't see it so... Maybe you could give me some light on this. I'd appreciate to know more about it.
I'm definitely none of his followers.
I just want to give him credits, where I think he deserves some and I don't believe much in defamation based on difference of point of views.
Just Fair Game.

Here I'd like to point out that Glenn Beck and AJ belongs to two different "species of people". As far as I get it, AJ has his one voice, mind and is his own boss, what gives him the freedom to be himself.
We may or may not like him, but AJ has a much broader spectrum to act upon.
I don't have much to say against him. But, as I said, who knows better?
We should always be open minded, discent is part of the game.
Pls let me know where are your concerns

Peace
DENY IGNORANCE

edit on 16-10-2012 by sidLives because: oh gosh... spelling

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
My view on AJ is this.

Sure I bought into him years ago, about the same time I came across ATS. I eventually joined ATS and even paid for a subscription to AJ.

I was sure AJ was onto something and I accepted his view. I saw all the stuff that was pointed out both from AJ and ATS. After a few years I started to notice that the stuff that was pointed out was getting nowhere, it was stagnant, dead in the water, a beached whale. Then it hit me, it was not a beached whale it just was not even a whale at all. Almost every bit of it was senseless fear mongering.

Now granted I am not saying AJ and ATS are not right in a few areas, after all a broken clock on the wall is right twice a day. What I am saying however, is that the vast majority of it is fear mongering.

For years now the government has been "planning" marshal law. For years now they have been ready to throw us all in FEMA camps. For years now they have been moving around FEMA railroad cars and the FEMA coffins. Any day now they are going to come clean on aliens, big foot, or what have you.

Of course this is 2012 and the world is going to end, no wait it is going to be a great awakening and everyone will be different, okay so it is just going to be another day and we will wake up in the same life we had the next day.

Of course all of those profits/psychics out there keep telling us about the meteor that is going to hit us, the hidden planet (cannot recall the name at the moment) is going to show up, something bad is going to happen, and tomorrows lottery numbers. My dogs rear end can predict stuff too.

Call me a negative Nancy or whatever, but this is how I have seen it after spending years diving into the subjects. Most of the ideas/hypothesis/beliefs I have seen hold as much water as my sieve. After years I believe the largest amount of the stuff spouted by any of these so called conspiracy experts/buffs what have you is nothing more than another form of mindless drivel not far different from the same drivel that is on prime time television daily.

To sum things up AJ used to have my support, and he still does report a few things from time to time worth mentioning. However, he is bias, and blinded, and purposely dramatizes emotion to get people worked up about things they are not sure what they are worked up about.

Raist

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Raist

Exactly. He's a distraction. If people really wanted to "awaken" they would have to start using proper reasoning and logic, and that's precisely why no matter how much AJ you watch, you will never stop being a "sheep" (as it is so eloquently put by some...)

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Yeah it is funny to hear sheep call other people sheep.

Sort of like getting caught doing something and saying "it wasn't me".

It all just makes you scratch your head in wonder.

Raist

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Know what? Fair enough....you are correct. He is a free man plying his trade without harming anyone.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
reply to post by Raist

Exactly. He's a distraction. If people really wanted to "awaken" they would have to start using proper reasoning and logic, and that's precisely why no matter how much AJ you watch, you will never stop being a "sheep" (as it is so eloquently put by some...)

How can you be so sure?
Hi bro, I really don't see any problem with diversity.
Be it Bio Diversity, plurality in politics, Media., culture... Everything that takes us out of the compartmentalized system.
I like to see the views of atheist, libertarians, Independents, DemReps, aboriginals, religious people, the scientific community, alternative media, diverse international views and so on. Even the crappy MSM...
Everybody has something to add to the puzzle one way or the other, no voice should be silenced quite the opposite.
I wish people would manage to elaborate more on what they say.
One should believe in his views, be glad to defend it with all might of his heart and be able to leave others with the right of Free Choice...
This judgmental thing without proper backup is quite counter productive. Focus on what you believe and bring it out!
And still you are right, proper reasoning and logic is still high in demand.
What is your beef?

A big star for you brother!

Peace
Deny Ignorance

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan

Know what? Fair enough....you are correct. He is a free man plying his trade without harming anyone.

Thanks, I'm happy we can all live and let live together

Greetings + lot of respect

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raist
My view on AJ is this.

Sure I bought into him years ago, about the same time I came across ATS. I eventually joined ATS and even paid for a subscription to AJ.

I was sure AJ was onto something and I accepted his view. I saw all the stuff that was pointed out both from AJ and ATS. After a few years I started to notice that the stuff that was pointed out was getting nowhere, it was stagnant, dead in the water, a beached whale. Then it hit me, it was not a beached whale it just was not even a whale at all. Almost every bit of it was senseless fear mongering.

Now granted I am not saying AJ and ATS are not right in a few areas, after all a broken clock on the wall is right twice a day. What I am saying however, is that the vast majority of it is fear mongering.

That's ok, if you feel that way, stick to it!

For years now the government has been "planning" marshal law. For years now they have been ready to throw us all in FEMA camps. For years now they have been moving around FEMA railroad cars and the FEMA coffins. Any day now they are going to come clean on aliens, big foot, or what have you.

Well, I'm also not so sure about that, but still... On the new year eve's, AJ was on of the first that pointed out to the NDAA being squeezed quietly on us. The CNN guys were all drunk. All other MSN channels missed this.
AJ is one of the few out there that give us updates on all the dirty stuff the congress/senat passes as well as all the illegal exec orders.
He also one of the first to lift the veil on Fast & Furious, TSA, Agenda 21, Home Land BB and so on... There I would wait a litle bit more. I hope he is really wrong.

Of course this is 2012 and the world is going to end, no wait it is going to be a great awakening and everyone will be different, okay so it is just going to be another day and we will wake up in the same life we had the next day.

Do you still know where we can cross check this one? I'd be deeplly desapointed if it's true.
I will check this one, if you have some spare time, pls drop some links.

Of course all of those profits/psychics out there keep telling us about the meteor that is going to hit us, the hidden planet (cannot recall the name at the moment) is going to show up, something bad is going to happen, and tomorrows lottery numbers. My dogs rear end can predict stuff too.

Drop the links... I missed this one too. Let's see.

Call me a negative Nancy or whatever, but this is how I have seen it after spending years diving into the subjects. Most of the ideas/hypothesis/beliefs I have seen hold as much water as my sieve. After years I believe the largest amount of the stuff spouted by any of these so called conspiracy experts/buffs what have you is nothing more than another form of mindless drivel not far different from the same drivel that is on prime time television daily.

Not negative at all, no names calling, it is your right to come to your own conclusion. We all respect you for this.
We are all just trying to figure out by ourselves how deep is the rabbit whole.

To sum things up AJ used to have my support, and he still does report a few things from time to time worth mentioning. However, he is bias, and blinded, and purposely dramatizes emotion to get people worked up about things they are not sure what they are worked up about.

Well, as I said it is all about Freewill and plurality. I personally thing that he is just to deep in his work and that his style is not as easy to digest as the drunk Anderson Cooper.
His network improved the delivery style a lot, and it's paying off!
Nevertheless, I think he does one outstanding work and he has the right to keep going.

Thanks you for sincere views,
a big star for you (I feel like in the kinder garten again, is it not nice?)

Peace + Respect

Deny Ignorance

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   

The best I can do for links is look all over ATS. Seriously, I have been here since before I joined and I joined back in '05. I have seen all kinds of things posted and predicted on ATS and for years AJ and ATS have been crying about this and that. The truth is nothing has changed we are already living in a prison with the illusion of freedom.

Sure we can travel and own guns but they own us in other ways. It is a joke to think you are free when living in a world of technology. The only free people are those living off the grid and those few are being destroyed either literally or figuratively.

The 2012 and prediction section of forums is seriously funny. All these people "predicting" things that never come and yet they also fail to predict that they are going to be sick next week.

I am not trying to say he is not free to do what ever, he has the right just as I chose to seldom listen to him. Again he does have a good point from time to time but again so does the broken clock. AJ has talked about the police state we are about to be shoved into for years. Again the police state so many think of is not that. We are already living in the controlled state they want us in. Look at daily life struggles that keep us so busy we cannot break the chains that bind us.

It would be great if the predictions of the coming events were yo happen. Such a thing would destroy our bonds by as well as resetting the world. However, some one else will just step up and become the newest slave master.

Raist

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   
I wanted to touch on the topic of Alex Jones.

I like the 'ideal' that Alex Jones represents, I really was into his presentation early on in his career. I've paid attention to his exploits since he first was invited to (yet snuck in anyway) view the Cremation of Care ceremony at B. Grove.

Early on, he was hard-hitting, loud-mouthed, and grass-roots. I liked it, yeah he seemed to come off as "passionate" or "crazy" for the way he would rage on issues, but that added to his allure.

Some of the only pre-packaged conspiracy materials I've ever bought, are his videos, specifically Endgame, which I bought several copies of(for myself and others, yes I know I could have bought one copy and then duplicated it), but I've bought several of his videos over time.

But my (albeit rhetorical) question is: Is Alex Jones on his way to becoming one of "The Trendies"?
I fear he may be....

I've noticed that in reality, Alex Jones talks a big game, but in actuality he's not changing much of anything in society. Throughout his tenure the bad are still firmly in power, the taxation is still as rough as ever, the march toward a One World Order had hardly missed a step. He's still egotistical today, and loud-mouthed. Still rarely lets his guests get a word in edgewise, and fills his call-in lines with throngs of gushing gratifying callers(ditto rush, anyone?)

He's rubbing shoulders with the fringe of Hollywood society, and alludes to 'insiders dying to come forward", but I've seemed to notice that this has brought him more and more toward the mainstream, and in doing so, made him more trivial.

As he moves up the mainstream ladder, his topics have gotten less hard-hitting in my OPINION. I hear(the few times I do check in on him) him constantly harping on about TSA this and body scan that and gropings and cavity searches, for the most part.

See it's like he's made that his mainstream "issue", his "platform" for which to base his ascension into more and more mainstream circles. And as he does so, he becomes more and more novel, more trivial.

Anyone who has been with "AJ" from early on can go one of a few ways, there are folks that are really into him, hook line and sinker. Just like a mini version of Rush, they will gravitate toward him and identify with him through and through. He becomes a beacon, a "figurehead" that tells this type of person "Hey! I'm not alone, I matter, things are gonna change!" That's fine, but that's just more of the same, in regards to the typical fanaticism that runs rampant through American society, idolizing a media figure to help shore up your own identity.

I'm not saying that good ol' "AJ" doesn't have his place, and I'm not saying that he's not bringing out some good information from time to time still.... but I do feel that he has begun to marginalize.

"We're winning the infowar!" is something I hear a lot from his broadcasts, but is it true?

If you have a majority of the population that brushes off the horrid state of affairs that society finds itself in, are we truly winning the "war"?

It is my humble opinion that no, we are not winning the "war" on for our mind.

"But he's waking people up!"

Oh I don't dispute that he's gotten information out to folks that have helped them to see the "bars" of the "prison" so to speak. But I would contend that most of the people that "AJ" would claim to have "woken up", were already dis-satisfied with current events on a national and or global scale. And that most folks "waking up" to the situation that the nation and the globe find themselves in, most of those people already were predisposed to feeling that something was amiss. They could "feel the situation" even if they couldn't see exactly what was going on.

In the end, regarding "AJ", it all really depends on what you expect to get out of being part of his subscriber base. If you're looking for a "leader of the revolution" well you will be in for a disappointment, frankly. I fear that his megaphone laden antics and diatribes will only go where there is money to be made(dvd/video relases, publicity etc)

But if you are looking for the occasional pointer, the occasional viewpoint, and the odd chance that he might let one of his guest speakers get a word in edge-wise, well that's a tad more realistic.

He's not "America's Next Top Superhero" he's not going to lead you to some idyllic new republic and freedom. But you can sure as heck use him as a PART of your overall information gathering and conspiracy research strategy.

Again, in my humble opinion.

X

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join