It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do you make of "THE TRENDIES???"

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 04:02 AM
link   
I was at the mall the other day. I was thinking about how Alex Jones calles the brainwashed, zombie, sheeple slaveclass....."the trendies".

And I'm kinda looking at these people and it starts to dawn on me what a strange bread they are. They're living in a form of psychosis. They're hypnotized and brainwashed by years of public education and MSM.

They're all running a variety of patterns:

- The keeping up with the jones effect
- playing out the roles of there day jobs
- living threw the ego
- oblivious to TPTB or anything outside of MSM
- completely dependent on the system

On the one hand I almost envy them as by not knowing much then ignorance is bliss so to speak. But on the other hand I can't help but look at them and feel sad for them in so many ways. They're victims of modern society. I can totally see why Alex calls them "the trendies!"

I'm not saying I know it all, or have all the answers either. But I just can't help but think how most of these people are so utterly brainwashed and dependent on the system that they would be so screwed if the SHTF. Most have no preps, no knowledge, no coping skills, no survival skills, they believe only what TPTB tell them, no understanding of how the world works, where they came from, where they're going, and no relationship with God. If the shtf they'd be so screwed. Most wouldn't make it I don't think.

Your thoughts?

edit on 15-10-2012 by r2d246 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 04:14 AM
link   
reply to post by r2d246

Was he talking about Occupy?

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 04:22 AM
link   
reply to post by r2d246

With what you say here, you may consider me one of the 'Trendies'. I'd consider myself a wolf in sheep's clothing.

Don't judge a book by it's cover. You can be savvy and knowledgeable whilst also holding down a 9-5 and enjoying some of the finer things in life. I'd rather be aware of potential disaster and be ready when it comes but live my life in the meantime.
edit on 15-10-2012 by fiftyfifty because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 04:33 AM
link   
Of course you realize that Alex Jones makes his money off the consumer buying goods/services from his sponsors?
I put him right up there with Rush Limbaugh, pure entertainment not to be taken seriously. You may disagree but the fact that he is on radio means that he takes his money from the very people he is putting down.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 04:38 AM
link   
reply to post by r2d246

George a romero was spot on.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 04:42 AM
link   
Why does one need a relationship with God? I agree with most of your points though, except that one. They seem to be content. The majority have no desire to learn nor be informed. Being dumb, uneducated and clueless can often be seen as cool. But as long as they’re happy for now. Though those blissfully unaware are often rudely awakened at some point.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 04:47 AM
link   
But my question is, without mind reading how do you actually know all of these people are of no worth?

Is there a certain way to look regarding certain mindsets?

Furthermore if malls are trendy why were you there if you have a problem with trendy things/personalities?

If you ask me, Jones tactics are like that of a high school clique!

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 04:49 AM
link   
reply to post by r2d246

Just because they are at "the mall' ,how can you possibly know what each and every one the sheep are thinking ,Half of them could be thinking about how they can escape from there sheepish partners and their mundane life of Idol and consumerism.
What were you doing at the mall?? Baaaa

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 05:40 AM
link   
reply to post by r2d246

oh dear - another patheic " i am superior to ` them ` thread " - feel better now do you ?

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 06:03 AM
link   
I understand where you're coming from OP. Ignorance does seem like bliss when you observe & interact with people closely; with those types, life is so simple, especially when you don't care to press the "why's, the "how's", or the "cause".

I don't like to think of nicknames for people like that, because then you have people who would claim that you think you're superior, which I find to be annoying, a child like arguing point in my minds neighborhood. Though I admit to using the term "sheeple" with other people that I would consider to be the "dogs" in the herd. Not superior, just those at a different level of understanding the "situation".

What you'd call a trendie or sheeple, I'd define as someone who lives & thinks only on the "surface" of all things.
And really, you can't look down on them for doing so because we all lived like that at some point, I believe that it takes different events for us to "awaken" and see things in another light. Right now, the "sheeple" are still in their cuddly, innocent; peacefully f'ed in the bum by the farmer at night stage. Some of the "sheeple" don't mind as long as there's grass, however others will grow tired of the farmer eventually, and for some, their "event" hasn't come and it may never.
edit on 15-10-2012 by LightWarrior11 because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-10-2012 by LightWarrior11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 06:22 AM
link   
reply to post by r2d246

I just look at it as though these people just need to snap out of it.
They need to reboot, in a sense, as we have.
Because you were once a lost individual.
Just as they are.

But, just as all things, they have to want to learn about the knowledge.
Most people are too apathetic to learn more than what the television spews.
If it isn't about their favorite sports team or anything from media, is isn't relevant.

Which is why we should be teaching those lost people.
Telling them every so slightly, about their mindless habits, and helping them.

An old parable goes something like this: (not exact)
Give a thirsty man a glass of water.
If he drinks it and asks for more, give him more.
If you give him a gallon, he will drown.
Let him decide how thirsty he is.

In this case, knowledge is water.
Tell people just a little bit about the information you know.
If they want more, let them have more, let them make that decision.
If you give them too much, they will become scared or overwhelmed.
Let them decide how much to learn.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 06:32 AM
link   
ya i agree with you,but its funny when you try to educate people about
different news stories msm under plays,or doesn't play at all.
they look at you bewildered,and think 'oh your one of those people'!
i was talking to some people at work about c.e.r.n. just before they fired it up.
i explained to them some people think it could have the potential to open a black hole!
not only did these people NOT know what cern was,they didn't even know what a black hole was!!!

any way,they amused themselves with my 'story telling' for a bit,smiled at me when i was finished,
(good for you!!!),and went on to talk about the big sale on cheese!!!
ignorance is bliss for most sheeple.
the monster is coming,and they are hiding under the blankets,hoping it will go away!
this is a cool people experiment to study!
try it out,and see how much people really don't know!
its fun!
some topics to test people with are :

h.a.r.r.p.
georgia guidstones
project paperclip (this is a good one,people refuse to believe this one!)
project blubeam
pole shift
pre ice age humans (you know, the 'cave men'!)
drones
fema camps

well you get the point.
you will be surprised by some of their reactions!
good luck,and have fun!
peace

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by r2d246

In a SHTF scenario they would kill you and do horrible things to you and yours as well as themselves.

Avoid them at all costs. They are no different than you. They and you shared environment yet CHOSE to ignore it all.

It is not that we are special but rather we chose to suffer through reality at our own expense knowing we might not gain more survivability from our choices. We still felt a responsibility to try to live correctly in the real world. In a bad situation they would turn on everyone for a moment of ease.

Don't feel sorry for them. They are in fact a threat in a bad situation.

Oh you are right though. They do live in a form of permanent psychosis. The strange part is they will call you crazy.

Trust none of them.

There is no excuse any more....too any resources at our disposal. Now,There is no minor threat....its dangerous now a days to pretend it all doesn't matter. Ignorance has never been more deadly.

edit on 15-10-2012 by BIHOTZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Perhaps those people have just heard so many claims from people like Alex Jones and other before him that they know the likelyhood of any of it occuring is so miniscule it is a waste of time to live in fear. How many decades does a person have to be told such and such is going to occure before they wise up and figure out the people telling them are doing it to make a living. To me the biggest sheep are people who let themselves be lead by people like Alex Jones who has never been right about anything and yet a small group of people follow his every word. One thing ATS has taught me is the biggest sheep are conspirecy theorists who will embrace any tale a person they do not know makes up with no evidence at all.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by r2d246

My thoughts: you are that which you pity. You can call it "trendies", "hipsters", "guido's"....any group affiliation.

You do realize that being at the mall makes you, at least in part, one of "them" that you are talking about here, right?

It is good to identify those traits you don't like. But don't think you are better than them. It isn't about being "better". So, while it is ok to have pity, don't allow it to be condescension.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by r2d246
I was at the mall the other day. I was thinking about how Alex Jones calles the brainwashed, zombie, sheeple slaveclass....."the trendies".

And I'm kinda looking at these people and it starts to dawn on me what a strange bread they are. They're living in a form of psychosis. They're hypnotized and brainwashed by years of public education and MSM.

They're all running a variety of patterns:

- The keeping up with the jones effect
- playing out the roles of there day jobs
- living threw the ego
- oblivious to TPTB or anything outside of MSM
- completely dependent on the system

On the one hand I almost envy them as by not knowing much then ignorance is bliss so to speak. But on the other hand I can't help but look at them and feel sad for them in so many ways. They're victims of modern society. I can totally see why Alex calls them "the trendies!"

I'm not saying I know it all, or have all the answers either. But I just can't help but think how most of these people are so utterly brainwashed and dependent on the system that they would be so screwed if the SHTF. Most have no preps, no knowledge, no coping skills, no survival skills, they believe only what TPTB tell them, no understanding of how the world works, where they came from, where they're going, and no relationship with God. If the shtf they'd be so screwed. Most wouldn't make it I don't think.

Your thoughts?

Pah.

Jones sells a false sense of superiority.

Society is never going to be as smart or tuned in as individual members of society, sure, but at the same time, Jones sells a LOT of crap to a lot of people that think they're especially clued up, when in fact they're just believing a different brand of BS.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by r2d246

It's been a few years since I last stepped foot in the mall. I went to pick up a cookie cake that my mother had ordered for a birthday at her work. I went right after the mall stores opened (10:00 am) and there weren't many shoppers. What were there were a huge group of senior citizens, "power walking" in the air conditioned environment.

I tell you what, in a SHTF scenario I wouldn't want a conflict with that bunch. They would be able to kick your hind end and be gone faster than your head could spin! Some of them were walking so fast it was almost a run, and none of them the least out of breath!

Yeah, there are mindless people at the mall, but I believe most people just go there to get what they need at a particular store and leave.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by r2d246

I was at the mall the other day. I was thinking about how Alex Jones calles the brainwashed, zombie, sheeple slaveclass....."the trendies". And I'm kinda looking at these people and it starts to dawn on me what a strange breed they are.

I've got to ask. What were YOU doing at the mall? Ever think that while you're looking at them, they were thinking the same thing while looking at you?

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   
So many good replies! ha ha. I'd be hear all day if I tried to answer them.

Okay when I said "I don't have all the answers" I basically meant "I'm not better than them". To clarify.

But I just think it's crazy that probably 99% of them are trapped in this little paradigm they think of as reality, but have no idea of the big picture. Maybe in a lot of ways that's not such a bad thing who knows, really when you think about it.

Maybe what it really is, is I've heard all this wild and waked out intel. So I think that there's all this stuff out there somewhere. And they say that all this stuff could effect me. Like the flouride in the water, let alone if the SHTF. But when I taste tap water, it looks clear, it tastes fine and it quenches my thirst. So perhaps all this intel and just gotten me worried for nothing?

Perhaps I'm the one with the with the strange little paradigm, and that I need to cut back on people like Alex Jones and other CT's. Then just live my life as if all this will go on forever and not worry about anything.

hmmmmmm ....

I think to a large degree that might be the way to go, really when I think about it. Then if the SHTF, I still have my survival knowledge as a backup. ha ha.... I don't know I'm just rambling.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by r2d246

That was you at the mall the other day! I looked right over at you. Funny, we were both thinking the same thing..

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join