It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Valves next game a Space MMO?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   
"Is Valve's Next Big Game a Space MMO?"

I sure hope so.

I loved the idea behind Eve Online, I just could never like the game.

I would like to see Valve take a crack at something similar to it, but just do a better job. It is Valve, after all.

On the other hand, I'm not sure how I feel about another MMO.

It could all just be speculation, but man I hope it's not.

Thoughts?

edit on 14-10-2012 by Qemyst because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   
We'll have to see. MMOs are fun, but I don't find them nearly as 'fulfilling' as I used to. I haven't played one in a while, and probably won't again until there's a big step towards immersion. I.e realistic virtual reality, cognitive/sentient AI, etc. We're already enclosing on that era with tech like the Oculus Rift, Leap Motion motion tracking, companies working with advanced haptic feedback devices, and the overall emerging nanotechnology age -- graphene/silicine/MoS2 and more.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Qemyst

Whoa! This has some major potential methinks!

Thank you for bringing this up, I likely wouldn't have stumbled across this for some time

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Eve is hash but hell fun, and the environment is absolutely stunning.

It does take a bit as the learning curve is steep but still fun.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Yeah, as some users said, MMO's are fun, but I personally can't find them as fulfilling as I used to. I used to be a hardcore WoW player, but as time went by I realized that the ONLY reason I played WoW was for the raiding with my guild. If I started up WoW, it was to raid and nothing more.

I played Eve for a while and it's definitely a beautiful game. I was even good at it, but something about it just turned me off after a while. EDIT: And I should say that I feel like the reason I played it was because I was paying for it each month, and not playing it felt like a waste.

Obviously this is just a rumor regarding the space game by Valve, but I hope it's not.
I'm all for trying more MMO's, but I typically don't enjoy them much after I play them a while.
The real reason I'd be excited to try this rumored game is because it's a space game.

I want a game with elements similar to FTL, specifically the different systems (shield stations, engineering stations, tactical stations, etc) that you can man and manage.

Obviously it would need more than that to make it a big game. Eve had the cool economy aspect, but I'd like to see something a bit more advanced than that one.

I dunno.

I guess time will tell if this is going to be a reality or whether it's going to just be another false rumor.

edit on 14-10-2012 by Qemyst because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Heck I have too many games to play at the moment (Iam loving mech warrior online) is this just your idea or have you got any links to wet my lips
?

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 02:32 AM
link   
I would love a space MMO similar to the X universe type games. My favorite space sims!

top topics

join