It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bosnian Pyramid of the Sun carbon dated to 25,000 years old.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Echtelion
They carbon-dated A LEAF! WOo-hoo!

...but for some reason they couldn't carbon-date a stone sample from the actual "pyramid".

carbon dating does not work on stone (unless it has carbon in its structure- like carbonate). most stones do not.

organic material is most appropriate for carbon dating, as all organic material contains carbon... hence, a really old leaf.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Yeah the point is to try to get an idea of the age. Thats why they love to find bones and other dead things so they can get an ESTAMATE of the age.

No one knows the real age of any ancient site(unless its recorded). They can only guess by with whats buried around it.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99

Having looked into this more, the lettering could have appeared no earlier than 800 BCE and most likely not before 600 BCE. It is most probably Lycian, possibly Doric. The carving is also very primitive compared to the stonework and unlikely to have been done by the builders. It may have been added by a later culture, but that would not support the context of the Unity_99 post.

Cheers,

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   
It's unbelievable to read this. Most of the time these types of headlines never surface and are kept quiet. I remember hearing/seeing that Bolivian monuments were dated ˜17,000 years ago which is already a headache for contemporary scientists who are scared of outrageous statements which might be a threat to their careers. To me, it's kind of a new horizon, an inspiration source, the revealing of a much different and interesting past than school tells us, than the media lead people to believe most of the time. And that's not all, 25,000 years is not even a lot.. just read about forbidden archeology finds. Possibilities are endless and like Mark Twain said "..a lie told well lives forever.." The lies have to be killed, and a free mind must be set free. "Truth is stranger than fiction"

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
I hope this thing is a real pyramid, the older the better IMO.

We have been around alot longer then they want to let on for some reason.

Even if we only have been around 200,000 years thats ten 20,000 years intervals weve had to build ourselves up and destroy ourselves back to the stone age. Plenty of time to forget things in 20,000 year spans.

Look what we done in 5,000 years of our known recorded history, 200 of it in which our knowledge and understanding really grew.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Well, i have an archaeology degree but i can barely remember much!

Its all to do with context. The leaf is totally out of context in this case to give a usable idea on age. Finding a leaf on top of the structure is no good. You need to get samples from layers you know are in context with the structure.

Like other people have said... Archaeologists are scientists and want nothing more than to rewrite history but it has to stand up to scientific scrutiny. Dont you think that if this really was a pyramid there would be literally hundreds of archaeologists looking at it?

Archaeologists also have tools like ground penetrating radar that can pick up chambers and tunnels. I don't know if it has been used here or not....
edit on 15-10-2012 by Paulow1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by tomten
reply to post by Sublimecraft

That leaf does not make the pyramid the same age.
It makes the leaf 25000 years old, that's all!

Here is a 51.9 million year old leaf.
It is not uncommon...

This is my main prblem with some of the dating being used in general.

The structure off the coast of Japan was flooded ~12,000 years ago, so they say it's ~12,000 years old.

So it was built, but flooded right away?

It could be much older.

Has anybody found an actual tomb in any pyramid?

I read about a dig on the west coast of the USA where artifacts were found in a layer dated to 80,000 years ago, but didn't bookmark it and can't find it now.

We know very little about the history of this planet, the eggheads only think they do.

edit on 15-10-2012 by AGWskeptic because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-10-2012 by AGWskeptic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Paulow1978

It's might just be hidden from the public. If there were chambers, the government would keep it to themselves. No one shares an extraordinary knowledge or controversial findings easily and openly. There are various other examples where people are not let near the site, and some even lost their jobs and had careers ruined because they stated otherwise than is though to be by the established scientific community.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by LetsGoViking

Originally posted by Unity_99

Having looked into this more, the lettering could have appeared no earlier than 800 BCE and most likely not before 600 BCE. It is most probably Lycian, possibly Doric. The carving is also very primitive compared to the stonework and unlikely to have been done by the builders. It may have been added by a later culture, but that would not support the context of the Unity_99 post.

Cheers,

Didn't Semir scratch those in himself?

Wow, can't believe people are still falling for this one...

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Pretty cool. We have a hill in Ventura, Ca that kind of looks like a pyramid. Would be rad if it was actually something....most likely isn't though. From the video, it seems there is more to dispel if we are going to call the Bosnian Pyramid a hoax. They're saying that there were underground passages and that they found enormous rocks that are the makeup of the structure... Also, it doesn't look like it is really part of a mountain range...it kind of looks like it's just there all by its lonesome. Different than the one in Ventura (which I'm 99.9999% sure is nothing), which is butted up right against other mountains. Meh...I dunno. I keep thinking that there has to be some large ancient monument in the US. Does anyone else know of a place in the US that at least appears like it could be an ancient pyramid or something?

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1
So this has been proven to be a pyramid? The last I heard it was only speculation that it was while a lot of people wrote the idea off as fantasy. Have they actually found an entrance to it or is it still an assumption?

Awesome find if true.

Same here. This thread is indeed interesting, but so far it is only one perspective. I'm not quite sure I understand the fact that it was a LEAF that was carbon dated. So was it a fossilized leaf? At the top of the "pyramid"? First, I have yet to see any proof that this "pyramid" was man made. Again, it has been a while since I researched it last, so perhaps some new discoveries have come out. We need to be careful though, because the Bosnian government was very involved last I heard, and wanting to make an attraction out of this for tourists.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alchemst7
reply to post by LetsGoViking

Pyramid or not, are you denying the artifacts and tunnels they are finding at the sight? So its not geoemetrically a pyramid shape, there is some type of ancient building/artifact being discovered.

No one is denying those - but most likely those were built within the last ~600 years. As mentioned in the article in the original post, more recent groups have built on that "pyramid"

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   
The Bosnian government is extremely corrupt so do not expect them to provide funding for this amazing find. Unless privately funded this will never be solved. Trust me, I was there 5 years ago (at that point they had discovered it 2-3 years earlier or so) and joined other volunteers in digging. It's basically just that; tourists and locals helping to dig this thing out. And at that pace something may be revelead by the year 2450

The Bosnian government will go by whatever they are told by the Western world because ever since the war there is nothing but thugs and criminals running the country.

What is also interesteing is that in the Herzegovina area (hence the name Bosnia-Herzegovina) legend has it that the city of Troy was located in the area where the current city of Mostar is.

I'm very saddened by the fact that nothing will ever come out of this. (Well, if I hit the powerball then I will provide the funding

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by MagnificentTongue

If nobody digs around that hill in California it will always remain a hill. It could be an ancient pyramid for all I know, which is nothing about that particular hill.
You have to remember, where did the Mayans get the idea to build their pyramids from? Were they just copying someone elses creations?

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Paulow1978

A high ranking Archeology official, from I think Egypt, was fired for saying the Bosnian Pyramids were real man made structures. He quoted to the press that they were real before telling his supervisor. I don't know where he is working now.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fineousstitch
www.missiontoamerica.com...

The world is only 6 thousand yrs old. see link for proof

So there is no way that leaf could be 25000 years old

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   
If the carbon dating is correct, it means that human history as mainstream science understands is incorrect. If carbon dating is incorrect, the way mainstream science understands age of human history is incorrect, along with the processs of carbon daring. Either way, science does not want to admit its wrong. Its easier and more convenient to belittle all other theories than to admit its own errors

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   
This truly would be an amazing find. Seems to be undecided right now as a hoax or truth. I just found this video, still watching it: Uploaded July 22, 2012, so I'm hoping it's new information.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Did anyone even watch the video?

They showed an exposed wall which was made of layered bricks.. Wasn't this the actual pyramid?

The article says the leaf was found on top of the *concrete blocks* that make up the pyramid. Concrete = man made yes?

If it is true what they are implying, then even the soil layer on top of the brick structure pyramid base has been dated to be at least 12,000 year old.

And for all the debunkers - what would a 25,000 year old leaf be doing on top of a man made structure? How did it get there?
edit on 15-10-2012 by nOraKat because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Ok, ok. I get it now... where do I sign up to get a piece of this action? Sounds like much more fun than writing program documents.

Cheers,

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join