It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There are as many paths to God as there are people

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

No. Everyone has a soul.

Correct in a sense but not accurate.
There is one soul which people are connected to.
The soul is not your spirit.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by TRUELIES11

There is one soul which people are connected to.
The soul is not your spirit.

Please explain how you differentiate between the two.

I'll be more clear: in my understanding we each have a soul, AND we each have a spirit (and I tend to use the terms interchangably), while we are here on Earth.

Can you please explain what you see as the difference between "spirit" and "soul"?

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Can you please explain what you see as the difference between "spirit" and "soul"?

GOD.
Spirits are people.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   

You are very correct that each of us are finding our way through life with no instructions from birth. This is primarily because we are not alone in this quest. When Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth and the life. No one comes to the father but by me," he was referring to God raising Him in the wilderness, not us alone. We make this life about us. It isn't about us and none of the words in the Bible are for individuals, but the whole body. All of this is about Christ. The Son of God is that body in unity, but us in multiplicity. The way is how we proceed on the path. The Truth is virtue and love. The life is how we arrived here. Accepting that the Son of God is the way, the truth and the life is not as relevant as knowing that we are all Him. Just as God gave part of Himself to make the Son, so the Son makes up all of us.

Was Jesus the first begotten son of God? Yes. Was Jesus the Father Adam and the Father Abraham? Yes. Was He the Son Issac and the Son Jesus? Yes. Is He you and me? Yes. Perfection only came into a life once. That one life raises us all back to God.

1 Colossians 1:

15 The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16 For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together.

What part of this verse is hard to understand? The Son is the First Image.

Genesis 1:27

1:27 So God created mankind in his own image, in the image of God he created them; male and female he created them.

The first image in material form was Adam, created by the Son, or image of the invisible God. All things hold together from this first image. Now, examine communion and the bread and wine.

1 Corinthians 10

14 Therefore, my dear friends, flee from idolatry. 15 I speak to sensible people; judge for yourselves what I say. 16 Is not the cup of thanksgiving for which we give thanks a participation in the blood of Christ? And is not the bread that we break a participation in the body of Christ? 17 Because there is one loaf, we, who are many, are one body, for we all share the one loaf.

We are all broken from the same loaf. We are many, Christ is one. The cup that was poured out for us is the same cup that was poured out at the beginning to break unity into multiplicity so that there could be more Sons and daughters. We will return to unity. There is only one way to the Father (Original Unity) and that way is Christ dying on the cross for mankind. He was broken and bruised for our transgressions, which is symbolic of Adam Kadmon.

Plato:

The various philosophical views concerning the Primal Man are, in spite of their differences, intimately related, being a compound of widespread mythology, Greek philosophy, and rabbinical theology. Around the late first century BC, Arius Didymus wrote in Concerning the Opinions of Plato:

"Ideas are certain patterns arranged class by class of the things which are by nature sensible, and that these are the sources of the different sciences and definitions. For besides all individual men there is a certain conception of man ... uncreated and imperishable.

And in the same way as many impressions are made of one seal, and many images of one man, so from each single idea of the objects of sense a multitude of individual natures are formed, from the idea of man all men, and in like manner in the case of all other things in nature.

Also the idea is an eternal essence, cause, and principle, making each thing to be of a character such as its own."

PHILO:

"The first to use the expression "original man," or "heavenly man," was Philo, in whose view the γενικός, or οὐράνιος ἄνθρωπος, "as being born in the image of God, has no participation in any corruptible or earthlike essence; whereas the earthly man is made of loose material, called a lump of clay."[2] The heavenly man, as the perfect image of the Logos, is neither man nor woman, but an incorporeal intelligence purely an idea; while the earthly man, who was created by God later, is perceptible to the senses and partakes of earthly qualities.[3] Philo is evidently combining philosophy and Midrash, Plato and the rabbis. Setting out from the duplicate Biblical account of Adam, who was formed in the image of God (Genesis 1:27), and of the first man, whose body God formed from the earth (Genesis 2:7), he combines with it the Platonic doctrine of ideas; taking the primordial Adam as the idea, and the created man of flesh and blood as the "image."

Wikipedia has more on this topic, but God is raising His Son and His Son is raising us. The Son is the new Father or Lord From Genesis 2 to the end. Genesis 1 is the first creation of the image. Genesis 2 is the 2nd creation of the image in material form. Two creations stories of the same event. Paradise and Material. We are the new Fathers on a microcosmic scale in material form before transcending to paradise. There are five baptisms to overcome listed. We will all raise to new life with the Son. Consult the link in my signature on the five baptisms.

We are all the same loaf with Christ if we willingly place ourselves into His name. The gift that is given had to first be earned. It is then given away. The thieves will not gain this inheritance if they separate from Christ. It's a choice.

We are all symbolic of the thieves on the cross. While we were here in the material world, we express the will to take. God can only give and receive. One thief repents and the other runs away in their own pride. There is one way back and that way is humility before God and through His Son.

edit on 13-10-2012 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by TRUELIES11
reply to post by SaturnFX

Spirituality is measurable.

How do you measure it?

A person has a spirit or does not.

As a agnostic-atheist, I don't know if I have a soul or spirit. I have never seen my spirit, I have never leaked spirit juice or any other signs that lead to a spirit. I do know I have a brain, and my brain enjoys thinking there is more to it than just itself due to copeing with a sudden loss of function..a backup system if you will, but hell, that could simply be wishful thinking.
So, I don't know...and have yet to find anyone whom can show me a spirit of either myself or anyone else in any absolute way.

Two paths. Different consequences.
Use it or lose it.

Your just talking in circles about nothjing.
Thing is, if you say there are only 1, 2, 10, 100, or a million paths to a deity.aka, giving a specific number of paths, then please provide to me the facts.
the evidence, peer reviewed preferrably by a consortium of relevant scientists, of the following:
A spirit
A deity
A current path to wherever it is going
and any other relevant information about this that you have.
Cheers.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Lovely OP! I feel this way too. Especially liked wind words comparison between spirituality and sex....it is really unique to the individual!

I began my journey as a little girl in the woods. Toes in the mud, twigs in the hair, sun on my skin, wildflowers squeezed in my chubby hands....poision ivy summers and bonfire winters. I was born a child of nature and to nature I will return....and I love it...knowing the cold, deep earth will take every inch of my body and break it down and it will nourish the nature that I love so much. This is my basic understanding of god, the understanding of a child gazing at stars, clear pure snowfalls, the salt of the ocean in my lungs...

I have searched far and wide, I have studied religions, philosophies, spirituality, new age.....I like them all, but nothing ever speaks to me as directly as the warmth of sun on my skin, or the peacefulness of a morning mist.
I see god everywhere I go...god never leaves me.

Nothing is better to me than kicking up dust on a dirt road, or biting a sweet juicy peach or running in summer rain, falling asleep to thunder clapping and win roaring. Those moments are when I feel most alive.

This has been my journey so far....and I am not done seeking, but no matter how many paths I take, they all seem to end up in the same meadow.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I'm in agreement with the OP. We all walk a very unique path. No two of us are alike. We all interpret religion and spirituality differently know matter what group we belong too. There are many paths to enlightenment or God as you call it.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   

But nothing has shaken my conviction that we each have to find our own way --- our own path through the vast, scary forest. If we only keep moving, true to self, we will emerge in the meadow beyond. But no one can walk it with us, really. They can shout directions and best wishes from their own paths, but....

in the end, we are physically alone, and I really believe we each have to travel that path, our personalized Spiritual Path, with only that unique guiding light that passeth understanding.
I don't think there is a path to anything. There is just a path.
The "scary forest" is the universe we live in and we have to accept that it is not going to just go away, but we can make it better and it starts with us becoming better ourselves.
We are not alone even if we think we are because God is with us.

edit on 13-10-2012 by jmdewey60 because: add Bible quote: "For the creation eagerly waits for the revelation of the sons of God." Romans 8:19

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Well you have your path and i have mine. Nimrod thought he could follow his own path and become his own god. This is where his path ended him:

His real name, whatever it was has been forgotten worse than this neglected boneyard, as everyone's names shall be.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 05:27 AM
link   

no mate there are as many gods as people

the gods where men

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 06:46 AM
link   
OP is somewhat correct. Since everyone has to stand before the judgment seat of God, there are infinite paths to arriving there. Unfortunately, there is only one way that results in NOT spending eternity in hell. See John 14 verse 6 if you care to know the truth

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by EnochWasRight

Ed, this is one of the best posts I have read from you. It was clear, coherent, and makes perfect sense.

I do believe we are all One. Your post made me think of another analogy:

if we are all one in God, as cells in a body, and some of those cells turn cancerous, or gangrenous, or ingrown, or mutated; they will be fought by the body (immune system) and drop off, die, be removed, or kill the body.

I think right now our body (humanity) is very ill indeed. I think about these things, God, humanity, the Earth, life, every day, nearly all day...when I go to my rest, and when I awaken. With everything I do, there is a sense of wonder, and anticipation.

Thanks for your thoughts. (You don't mind if I call you Ed, do ya?)

(I wanted also to mention that I've noticed what seems to me to be "growth" or subtle changes/movements in your posts. I wonder if it's an illusion, or if I'm just starting to get what you say, or you feel yourself growing and changing, too.)

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Mijamija

I began my journey as a little girl in the woods. Toes in the mud, twigs in the hair, sun on my skin, wildflowers squeezed in my chubby hands....poision ivy summers and bonfire winters. I was born a child of nature and to nature I will return....and I love it...knowing the cold, deep earth will take every inch of my body and break it down and it will nourish the nature that I love so much. This is my basic understanding of god, the understanding of a child gazing at stars, clear pure snowfalls, the salt of the ocean in my lungs...

I have searched far and wide, I have studied religions, philosophies, spirituality, new age.....I like them all, but nothing ever speaks to me as directly as the warmth of sun on my skin, or the peacefulness of a morning mist.

This is very much my story, my "path", as well.
Thanks for contributing, Mija!

I am closest to my indwelling Spirit when I am out of doors, especially when alone with nature and/or animals. I speak to plants, I have very close affinity with animals, I love hiking, the smell of a pine forest, the chill of an autumn or mountain morning...
all of what you said.
I think our paths are very similar. It's all so beautiful, isn't it? There is a lovely park near my home, with a medium-sized lake, surrounded by thick deciduous forest growing among gulches and bluffs, hills and dales...full of wildlife, peaceful, serene. On one or the twisty dirt access roads, there is a spot where one may park and walk down a few ridge-steps to a cliff. The cliff is a sheer drop-off, perhaps 40-50 feet from the water.

It is there that I go when I need solace, time, and to talk to God. Although I've always felt I belong near taller mountains and the sea, this spot by the lake is adequate for my "communion" with nature, and with God, seeing as my location is not in tall mountains by the sea.

I lived in a ski-area community for 4 winters as a youth. There was a spot above a lake there, as well, perhaps 10 times as high, and it was to that spot I would go for comfort and peace at the time.
I hear ya, sister!
Thanks for posting.
(But, I hope you didn't actually get salt in your lungs...you mean the scent of ocean salt air...right?)

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Well you have your path and i have mine. Nimrod thought he could follow his own path and become his own god.

You have your path, yes, and I have mine, yes.
What does Nimrod have to do with that?

I am not thinking I can become my own god, so I'm not sure what part of the concept you are dismissing.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes
reply to post by EnochWasRight

Ed, this is one of the best posts I have read from you. It was clear, coherent, and makes perfect sense.

I do believe we are all One. Your post made me think of another analogy:

if we are all one in God, as cells in a body, and some of those cells turn cancerous, or gangrenous, or ingrown, or mutated; they will be fought by the body (immune system) and drop off, die, be removed, or kill the body.

I think right now our body (humanity) is very ill indeed. I think about these things, God, humanity, the Earth, life, every day, nearly all day...when I go to my rest, and when I awaken. With everything I do, there is a sense of wonder, and anticipation.

Thanks for your thoughts. (You don't mind if I call you Ed, do ya?)

(I wanted also to mention that I've noticed what seems to me to be "growth" or subtle changes/movements in your posts. I wonder if it's an illusion, or if I'm just starting to get what you say, or you feel yourself growing and changing, too.)

Ed is good.

It's the law of inverse squares for both of us. Awareness expands (The screen) as we draw closer to the source. If you notice, I keep clear on one central fact: There is only one way and that way has always been the Son of God. I think you may be noticing that we are not so much a paradox by perspective, but what I posted allows us to see that we are both on the right track. The one way of Christ cannot be changed, but simply needs to be seen clearly from the rest of the multiplicity around us. There are many paths to Christ, but Christ is the only way to the Father. This is because He is the Father.

When he said, "I and the Father are one," He was speaking directly to the main point of God as our Shepherd through His son, the Living Word (Wave of Creation). The first image of God is the Son. We are all stamped from this image, like clay seal. We are all cut from one loaf and poured from the same cup. To return to this unity, we must return with the source of our being. That's the image mentioned in this verse.

1 Colossians 1:

15 The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16 For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together.

I am continually growing, as I hope we all are. What I find with this growth is that all my reasoning that came before was centered on the right side of truth already. I have my family to thank for that. There was a time when I searched for another way besides the one in the NT. I have since found that all other ways point back to Christ. What is stated in the NT is our salvation in the next 1000 years. We "must be born again."

It's all pictured in these verses:

Isaiah 26

7 The path of the righteous is level;
you, the Upright One, make the way of the righteous smooth.
8 Yes, Lord, walking in the way of your laws,[a]
we wait for you;
your name and renown
are the desire of our hearts.
9 My soul yearns for you in the night;
in the morning my spirit longs for you.
When your judgments come upon the earth,
the people of the world learn righteousness.
10 But when grace is shown to the wicked,
they do not learn righteousness;
even in a land of uprightness they go on doing evil
and do not regard the majesty of the Lord.
11 Lord, your hand is lifted high,
but they do not see it.
Let them see your zeal for your people and be put to shame;
let the fire reserved for your enemies consume them.

12 Lord, you establish peace for us;
all that we have accomplished you have done for us.
13 Lord our God, other lords besides you have ruled over us,
but your name alone do we honor.
14 They are now dead, they live no more;
their spirits do not rise.
You punished them and brought them to ruin;
you wiped out all memory of them.
15 You have enlarged the nation, Lord;
you have enlarged the nation.
You have gained glory for yourself;
you have extended all the borders of the land.

16 Lord, they came to you in their distress;
when you disciplined them,
they could barely whisper a prayer.
17 As a pregnant woman about to give birth
writhes and cries out in her pain,
so were we in your presence, Lord.
18 We were with child, we writhed in labor,
but we gave birth to wind.
We have not brought salvation to the earth,
and the people of the world have not come to life.

19 But your dead will live, Lord;
their bodies will rise—
let those who dwell in the dust
wake up and shout for joy—
your dew is like the dew of the morning;
the earth will give birth to her dead.

edit on 14-10-2012 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

So Nimrod ended up in a grave? Well durn... if ending up in a grave is bad then we're all screwed!

Good thread, S&F! I agree with the concept, no two people's paths will ever be the same. No one path is "right" but there are plenty of wrong ones though. Any path that has a place like hell in the equation is the wrong path, imo.

As long as you stay true to "yourself", you will eventually find the man in the sky.

edit on 14-10-2012 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   

You are looking for the right way. You believe there is a path to walk along (journey) and at the end of it will be the meadow (goal).
There is a seeking to find something...
The seeking happens because there is a feeling of lack. Always wanting to fill up because there is an emptiness. Fulfilment is what is craved.

You have to face the fact that you are empty. But you are always full of whatever is appearing.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   
The appearance is what is appearing presently and this is what completes you, completely.
Ever lost yourself in the moment?

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   

When undertaking spiritual practice it is important to bear in mind that each individual is different and so what works for one person may not work for another.

Yes, this is true. I once spoke to another, who seen angels as mermaids, and not in their true form. Many people will set their own boundaries and ways, because it is easier for them to go through life thinking/seeing it a different way than the next.

But, in the end, they will all reach the same goal.

Many will say well if you do not do it exactly this way, then you are going to go to hell, not true at all. If Father made different people have a preference over colors, foods, etc. What makes you think, he doesn't allow others to select their own way to him, it is still of good and they just differ on the details?

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

Itisnow,
I understand your posts. I am familiar with the Tao and stillness and mindfulness. I have even had the joy of experiencing that sense of amazing connection that is fleeting but unforgettable.

Having experienced it, I know you are correct. Nevertheless, in between those awesome moments, I have questions.

Thanks for responding; just wanted to let you know I know what you mean in this forum.

Namaste
~grasshopper

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join