It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There are as many paths to God as there are people

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

I don't know what people "assume", but assuming is generally frowned upon at all times, isn't it?

yes, thats what i am objecting to. A person may be climbing down the mountain and claim/assume that its also a way to the peak(God)

But to just skip on ahead to the next
day with no self-reflection at all isn't
what I'd call "healthy."

exactly. Thats not healthy at all.

What is also not healthy is to 'assume' that there will be a tomorrow to improve/reflect or worst another chance to live!

I suspect those people, even if they
dress up and go to worship services
every week....or twice a week!....think
they have an easy-out. I don't think
they will. But, I might be totally
incorrect about that.

No, you are correct, at least IMO.
Its not a way-out, especially if its just outwardly. It would be like a dead body without it essence/soul. God wants the essence not dead rituals.

The concept of God has been made very shallow and ritualistic by people of all religions.

Two things that are required to truly 'seek' are intellectual honesty and intellectual humbleness.

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by TRUELIES11

. . . people are not in control of what they believe . . .
I have a nice library of books that I got by sacrificing a lot of other things to buy.
Like having a car, or going out, and sometimes if I have food to eat.
Every day I have a choice to make, about which of these books I want to read that day, and while reading that one, which of the things presented by the author I want to believe, and those choices of belief may be based on what I chose to read on the day before. And whatever followup I did after that to verify or disprove something I felt was questionable.
I think belief is the one thing we do have control of, though at least hypothetically, we can allow God to intervene to help us in our studies to guide us on a path to truth.

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

How is it possible that there are 7,000,000,000 paths that lead to the same source? That is the question that religion tries to answer, but for most of the religious there is only one path, and we know the separation, judgment and hate that is spread in the name of the "one path" religions.

So logical too, their argument one God one path.

The answer: God is love

What is love? There may be 7,000,000,000 ways to describe love but love does not change. When debating love, the most loving example will always rise to the top, when we separate the philosophy from the religion.

What is most important is not that we agree on what exactly love is, but we understand how to recognize everything that is not love.

A simple law to live by,

"If someone feels physically or emotionally hurt, than they were physically or emotionally hurt, If it is by your action that someone is physically or emotionally hurt, than you have broken the law, whether intentionally or unintentionally."

This way we don't have to define love/God we can simply choose to agree that anything that breaks this law is against love/God. Anything against this law should be considered unacceptable. Cut off sin at it's root before it has a chance to take hold.

Simple recognition of the truth of this proposed law should lead to an immediate state of repentance and forgiveness. Where we never allow our sin to build up and become our addictions. But we all need to accept our actions that cause pain to others and do everything in our power to overcome.

Religion teaches Christians that we are fallen. The bible says that we are children of God, born in his image, and our purpose is to become like him. We are to evolve to be like "love".

So yes there not only might be 7,000,000,000 different paths to love their actually has to be. Because even though I believe that all men can be saved by following the path laid out by Christ in the bible, I believe that even with those who look to the same teacher for love, we will find many differences in our opinions.

It is because of these differences that we must always refer back to the law I have proposed. In this way we can allow our differences to simply define our journey to love, and appreciate rather than separate.

The end of religion.

edit on 17-3-2013 by sacgamer25 because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-3-2013 by sacgamer25 because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join