It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The tree of life

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   
The tree of life. It is an interesting term used as a metaphor to described many things.
Ever wonder where it originated?
The garden of Eden.

I have been waiting a while to describe this alternative history of human kind and have been cutting around the edges with this other threads. Now i think im prepared to describe where the human race came from.

We came from the trees. Yes the Garden of Eden. Yes it was Eden and peaceful, just trees and no humans.

Havent you always wondered why humans have a certain fondness and calm around trees. Ever wondered why trees when observed closely you can see forms of the human body in them. Well thats our ancestors.

What happened? Well its a bit of a mystery to why the event occurred that caused a small random group of trees to metamorphis into humans, but never the less it occurred, and male and female variants were made. There were white couples, black couples and asian etc

The reference to Adam and Eve is the white group.

The reference to Eve biting the apple and committing sin is the act of cannabilism on their family. The act was so attrocious that they were cast out of the garden of Eden forever. Once cast out as if a spell of magic it caused the broke of the lineage with peace and tranquility. Forever since humans have adopted turmoil as their travelling partner.

There it is, and to this day we wander the world knowing instinctively of the connection we once had with our family but completely unable to recollect that distant past.

So does this information throw into disrepair you philosophical beliefs in life? Does it contradict your metaphysical foundations? Or does it gel quite nicely with them?

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   
I have never heard of anything like this before... You led me through an interesting thought process, I will give you that, but this doesn't fit into any philosophical belief I have and seems like a good story to tell my three year old at bedtime.

Edit: The bedtime story version wouldn't include the detail of cannibalism though.

edit on 12/10/2012 by TheSparrowSings because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Reminds me of a book i think its called whisper in the woods or something Like that. It had very nice illustrations.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Interesting, One question puzzles me.
Photosynthesis. At what point did we stop taking in co2 and expunging oxygen and started breathing oxygen and expunging co2.
It seems to me we have a perfect symbiotic relationship with plants, so I cant see how what you are saying is possible, however as I am often wrong you just never know.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   
a yes the "Tree of Life", now a beautiful kitchen table when since it was cut down by Ax Men from the Amazons.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

I'll say this much, we do wander the earth not knowing our past and wondering where we sprung from.
As far as my Metaphysical views, no it doesn't gel. However I think the tree of life is more a metaphor for the fact that from little seeds big trees grow and in turn fruit is born, which seeds fall to the ground and then the process begins again.
So the Tree of life is a metaphor for our cycle of life, the reason we don't know where we are from is because it helps us to strive after something that is always just out of our grasp, Helps us to learn.
If we knew everything how much fun would that be?

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by kudegras

If we knew everything how much fun would that be?

it goes without saying im making this all up

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Yeah Dude I got that.
Maybe you should be marching with all the other Muppets.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   
I love the woods, and you are right, some of the trees look like they have body parts of various animals structured in them. We came from the fungus though, our cells are more like the fungus. Our stomach looks like a worm and other organs look like other things. There is repition from the smallest to the largest of living things. I vote we are mostly fungus though, the shapes in trees being caused by horizontal transfer of the DNA of our ancestors and the ancestors of other animals. Trees and fungus may be able to build using information from DNA of Animals, but it would only be wood and tied to the roots.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   
You are so close to the truth, yet so far, try not to be so one dimensional about your theories, anything thing or anyone, that can create life/worlds/universe etc. etc. etc. is more complex then a adamant or in-adamant object. the tree of life is closer to the 'burning bush x 1000000 in greatness ' than that of a common tree . but kudos on opening your mind and all the infinite possibles that wait for us to unlock !

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by silvereye007

I agree with you and I am not the Spelling police but you meant animate or inanimate objects.
Yeah if Mankind lives another 10,000 years and keeps evolving at the current rate, I doubt we would even then understand who created us or why we were created, that knowledge is not available in the physical dimension.
We only know and are able to know what our material brain can conceive, it is limited. However on the spiritual level its's a total different kettle of fish.
We aren't limited by a physical body and brain and therefore we would understand our purpose for being here as we chose to come here to live a physical life. If you are asking what is outside of here, I don't know and can only surmise as like you I have a physical mind and am limited.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   

I thought it was that the souls ate from the apple of duality and created a mind/ego and separated/disconnected ourself from each other and reality conciousness and become small units separated from the whole and the oneness and the light it brings. The ego is the only thing that stands in the way from becoming harmonious and one with reality concioussness. We are born without ego but get taught it by people around us/society. That is the sins of the previous generation continueing down thru the ages.

I can be totaly wrong but above makes sense to me.
edit on 13-10-2012 by apushforenlightment because: spellchecking

edit on 13-10-2012 by apushforenlightment because: spellchecking

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   

The apple is knowledge. We are from the tree and gained knowledge. We fell. If we want to unfall we need to let go of our knowledge and turn off our ego.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by onedering

The hippies tried that in the sixties, it didn't last long
Flower power.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   
The biblical Tree of Life is the Otz Chiim. It is the blueprint that encodes like DNA the form of all holistic systems "made in the image of God".

The information in this blueprint has now been decoded and its beautful, mathematical expression revealed.

It has an outer form that is known to traditional Jewish Kabbalah and an inner form that was hidden until recently as a mathematical structure implicate in the former.
These two forms have been shown to be isomorphic to the sacred geometries of the Sri Yantra, the five Platonic solids and their apotheosis - the disdyakis triacontahedron. From the demonstration of this amazing equivalence, the universal mathematical pattern within holistic systems like the superstring, DNA and the human skeleton has been deduced. It has enabled overwhelming proof of the existence of superstrings, as well as the number of bones in the human body and the number of classical acupuncture points in the 14 meridians known to Chinese acupuncturists to be derived.

Visit here to study the huge volume of pioneering research that finally establishes the substantive, mathematical connection between science and analogous mystical ideas belonging to western and eastern religions.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   
It's not the tree of life, it's the tree of knowledge of good and evil.
It wasn't an apple, it was most likely a pomegranate.
Any ties to trees is probably acceptable because trees were created a few biblical days before man.
Many can choose to call this evolution from one life form to another, which is perfectly Ok, because it only proves the strong connection to a universal DNA, regardless of the life form.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   

edit on 13-10-2012 by Zeta Reticulan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by apushforenlightment

I thought it was that the souls ate from the apple of duality and created a mind/ego and separated/disconnected ourself from each other and reality conciousness and become small units separated from the whole and the oneness and the light it brings. The ego is the only thing that stands in the way from becoming harmonious and one with reality concioussness. We are born without ego but get taught it by people around us/society. That is the sins of the previous generation continueing down thru the ages.

I can be totaly wrong but above makes sense to me.

Your post is very good timing im am listening now to videos on this concept your describing. A very good question raised in one of these vids by person in audience "is misery of unity in wholeness different to misery experienced by the me" (small unit).
The answer returned to the audience member is that the misery experienced is greatess when living in the wholeness, as because at such a point we perceive lifes mystery and energy directly. The direct process means the brain process for conceptulizing it into a description has been bypassed. Conceptulization and description are replaced by direct experience.
The interpretation of me and whole as such in the duality construct indicates a condition for sprouting from the seeds of the fallen fruit the Ego. The Ego being that poison apple from the tree of life; is an artifical construct a piece of fruit that has detached itself from the tree of life.

edit on 13-10-2012 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   
From little things big things come. The more you think about it the bigger it gets. It's really not that difficult, its symbol is nature.

Originally posted by Kantzveldt - www.abovetopsecret.com...

Sean Carrol: Distant time and the hint of a multiverse:

Thanks for sharing.

edit on 13-10-2012 by usernamehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by usernamehere

From little things big things come. The more you think about it the bigger it gets. It's really not that difficult, its symbol is nature.

Mabey you just gave us a good definition to purpose of life.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join