It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kubrick's Odyssey, Moon Landing, About To Resurface, Be Prepared.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Ok, so I was looking on a site that I frequent about synchromysticsm, and symbols, when someone shared a new trailer of a film called Room 237.

Here is the trailer.

Now this has gotten rave reviews, and will soon resurface the Kubrick/Moon debate. The reason that I am posting this, is simply that ATS is known to have a heads up,mostly before many other sites, and this to me is one of the classic conspiracies involving the Moon, Hollywood, the government, the military, and even basic movie/film magic.

In case this seems to vague, or maybe you dont want to wait for the movie to come to a theater near you. There is another film called Kubricks Odyssey Secrets Hidden in the movie The Shining. and that movie is located in full here.
I dont know how to add vimeo videos, so if someone does please do

vimeo.com...

This film was done by Jay Weidner, that some out there might be aware of, but if not here is a bit about him here.

Jay Weidner
Called by Wired Magazine an “authority on the hermetic and alchemical traditions,” and “erudite conspiracy hunter, ”Jay Weidner is a renowned author, filmmaker and hermetic scholar. Considered to be a ‘modern-day Indiana Jones’ for his ongoing worldwide quests to find clues to mankind’s spiritual destiny via ancient societies and artifacts, his body of work offers great insight into the circumstances that have led to the current global crisis. He is the director of the powerful and insightful documentaries, Kubrick's Odyssey, Infinity; The Ultimate Trip, and the forthcoming feature film, Shasta. He is also the producer of the popular documentary films, 2012 The Odyssey and its sequel, Timewave 2013.

Jay was featured in the History Channel’s documentary, The Lost Book of Nostradamus and was associate producer and featured in the History Channel’s special, Nostradamus 2012, and also in Brad Meltzers, Decoded. He also participated in Jesse Ventura's, Conspiracy Theory for TruTV.

www.jayweidner.com...

Now though I heard about the Kubrick connection with the moon landing, I never really looked into it. The above film actually describes in sometimes a very technical way how this was done. SO I wanted to share it here and see what other ATSers think, and maybe even get a few people out there that know about movies and can confirm some of the technical information included in the film.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoRegretsEver
Ok, so I was looking on a site that I frequent about synchromysticsm, and symbols, when someone shared a new trailer of a film called Room 237.

The moon's average distance from earth is 238.8 thousand miles, not 237. Ergo, Jay is making up nonsense and falsely attributing it to a "moon landing conspiracy."

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Boy, that trailer really piqued my interest... *yawn*

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by ngchunter

You took my first sentence and quoted it. The film 237 is NOT his film his film is further down in the thread. Room 237 is the new film about to be released.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Q33323

This isnt a thread about how you feel about the trailer of the first 2 min video that I put up. Its about the info in the videos.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Not to mention the movie Eyes Wide Shut.

That dude knew shizzle

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   

reply to post by ngchunter

You took my first sentence and quoted it. The film 237 is NOT his film his film is further down in the thread. Room 237 is the new film about to be released.

Peace, NRE.

Fine, whoever's film, but it's a point I've heard Jay try to make before.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
For those out there that would actually like to add something useful to the thread, whether for or against, I bring this to the forefront, for those that believe the Kubrick side, and those that dont, and even those that will be hearing and seeing this for the very first time.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by NoRegretsEver

I'm intrigued.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
OP --

In what manner is this movie "resurfacing"? Didn't it come out more than 1 year ago?
Is there some reason why people should "be prepared" now as opposed when it originally came out?

Thanks.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Yeah, I am all for Kubrick....Wow just the guys name is a conspiracy on its own..The "story" behind the lens he used for the film Barry Lyndon goes aaaaaaaallll waaaay back to NASA. Good stuff..

Still need to see Full Metal Jacket with my alu-foil hat on.
edit on 11/10/2012 by zatara because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People
OP --

In what manner is this movie "resurfacing"? Didn't it come out more than 1 year ago?
Is there some reason why people should "be prepared" now as opposed when it originally came out?

Thanks.

The movie Room 237.

Release Date: 26 October 2012 (Ireland)

www.imdb.com...

I added Weidners film as a summary of what is most likely going to be in the new released movie Room 237.

As far as preparation, when this theory first came out the division between conspiracy theorists and the general public was huge. I am always weary when something gets dug up like this and is mass produced for the public, especially when it seems like it may just be another reason for a divide about something from 30 years ago.

When I saw the clip, I thought the same thing I thought when the movie 2012 came out, and many people didnt know much about the Mayans, and were concerned with a mass extinction event.

What I hoped was that if more people especially those of us that know or at least research whether you agree with the film or dont, that if I would have taken the movie 2012 more seriously, because mind you I had no clue people were going to treat it like a history channel documentary, that I would have had a heads up.

Room 237 has all the makings of a way to convince people that this is indeed true, not unlike Weidners that most cant really watch as it seems boring and technical. By watching both I feel that when this is released I will not be at all surprised when someone comes up to me and says "Hey, did you know that movie guy faked the moon landing?"

Or the MASS threads by new members that just saw the film and want to share what they saw.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People
OP --

Thanks.

The movie Room 237.

Release Date: 26 October 2012 (Ireland)

www.imdb.com...

I added Weidners film as a summary of what is most likely going to be in the new released movie Room 237.

I was confused. I thought you were talking about that "vimeo.com" link to Kubricks Odyssey Secrets Hidden in the movie The Shining

...By watching both I feel that when this is released I will not be at all surprised when someone comes up to me and says "Hey, did you know that movie guy faked the moon landing?"

Well maybe this new film has new things to say about the alleged Kubrick/Moon Hoax connection (or maybe not), but I think I heard all of the details of the moon conspiracy theorists, and frankly I see no reason why anyone should say "Hey, did you know that movie guy faked the moon landing?"

Although I'm open to new evidence (if any exists).

edit on 10/11/2012 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I hadn't seen this one before, and it was truly intriguing.

The dilemma I'm left with now, is that the other analysis of The Shining I saw talked about the gold standard and how the Fed ruined the american economy instead.

So which is true.

I admit, there are a lot of weird coincidences between Apollo and The Shining.
Kubrick was a genius, and I really do regret that a film maker of his stature had to die.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
That... was... awesome...

Flags people! I have not seen this mister Weidner's work before (although I see I missed a thread sometime last year). Just watched your vimeo clip (yeah, when can we embed that?) and this is absolutely the best kind of ATS material!!

Thanks for bringing it forward NRE, most commendable find. I found a torrent for the second film - Beyond the Infinite - Kubrick's Odyssey II (probably can't post link to that t&c), can't wait

This should be on the front page, hope others still see this...

Link to previous thread..

2001: A Space Odyssey - Stanley Kubrick's Alchemical Magnum Opus

/PG13
edit on 11/10/12 by PadawanGandalf because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by PadawanGandalf

Thank you for the link of the other thread, I am still going through it now... its fascinating to say the least.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   

On a different note (sqeezing the pun)... You might like this - my favorite song of all time over one of the most mind blowing scenes ever - were they made for each other? nah - seriously!?

While I always loved Kubrick's films, I'm finding a renewed interest in his work lately (watched 2001 again a few weeks back).. and then this music video... simply loving it

edit on 11/10/12 by PadawanGandalf because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   
S&F!
I honestly don't know what rock I've been living under. I've watched plenty of Kubrick's films, but have never heard of this before. The connection between The Shining and Apollo 11 is pretty compelling.

Also, I read some of the comments on the video in the OP. Someone mentioned that in Toy Story, when Buzz Lightyear first learns that he is a toy and not a real astronaut, the floor pattern during that scene looks exactly like that in the hotel in The Shining. I looked and it does. Obviously, the animators of Toy Story were clued in on the Kubrick thing.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by LeSigh

Dont feel bad I am now looking into the possible dozens of documentaries and lectures concerning Kubricks work. Sometimes we forget the classics.

Peace,NRE.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join