It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Borat Is A Religiously vilifying and racist Creation...so why is it not banned?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by InhaleExhale

Again. see my above post. You guys really really want to remain in denial, you must be huge fans. He's not THAT funny guys.
Why do I get the feeling that I am talking to two people that wore out Borat impressions?

Simple answer would be insulting to you so I shall not give it.

I never stated if found him funny sad or looney.

I opened this thread and participated the best I could without telling other posters how apparently they think, what they find funny and what they might do in their spare time. Ive asked questions which you refuse to answer directly and generalize with mere speculation. And top it of telling us we are in denial, maybe we are in denial of stupidity and ignorance however we dont need you to prove this to the board for us as it make no difference in the conclusion.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   

reply to post by Dr Expired

That guy is a huge racist. His first movie is a racist caricature of muslims, his second movie he attacks Ron Paul and tries to make him look homophobic (Wonder why a rich Jewish guy would want to hurt Ron Paul's chances
) and his third movie is back to the Muslim topic.

If there was ever one Jewish guy in hollywood that had an agenda it's this guy.

lol I like how you call him a racist, then proceed to deliberately mention his ethnicity while implying some Jewish conspiracy. Hypocrisy at its finest.
edit on 11-10-2012 by Xaphan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

I am an idiot? Are you 5?
Want to get into a "how many degrees do you hold debate?" as you seem to want to piss into the wind. Pathetic response.

Resorting to insults shows you really have nothing useful to contribute to this particular discussion.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Nope.. just denial, you embrace stupidity pretty fervently.

Ask your questions. I haven't seen any questions, only accusations.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Xaphan

A second guy that doesn't understand racism. Man this thread is shaping up.
I already responded to this once. You should read before replying so I don't have to teach the same class over and over again. There is an agenda, be it political or religious, it doesn't make pointing it out racist.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

I was going to ask you the same thing as most 5 year olds I know are also idiots.
You began the insults with this little implication "And top it of telling us we are in denial, maybe we are in denial of stupidity and ignorance " and I seriously laughed at the "debate degrees" thing. I bet you have tons of degrees! All that Harvard and Yale had to offer. They are probably starting new programs at your request!

BTW this is the first actual ironic post (you ignored my response about how my comment wasn't racist because you realized your error). You denounce insults while simultaneously making a maturity based insult then expose your own immaturity with your degree comment.

Good stuff. I'm done.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   

reply to post by AfterInfinity

I don't think it should be banned, but I am just opposed to this denial that it's not racist humor.

Racist humor? Yeah, sure, probably. But, meh, sit down tonight and flip through the channels and you'll see racist humor throughout, from Mel Brooks to Def Comedy Jam.
edit on 11-10-2012 by NavyDoc because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   

reply to post by Flavian

I am not being paranoid, he is racist. That is self evident. He very clearly has an agenda, that's not paranoia - but I'll forgive you for not knowing the definition. Also you and I both know you were making reference to the mention of Ron Paul where I very much did say it was a possibility. Also I didn't say he is the "jew with the biggest agenda in hollywood" that is just your lack in reading comprehension. I said if there ever was a jewish guy in hollywood with an agenda it is him. Meaning it is the most apparent not biggest. Not quite the spin artist you think you are.

Get real.
edit on 11-10-2012 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

Expose to us this agenda then? You seem to have tried before but we've explained to you why you're most likely wrong

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

Apparently you don't understand racism either, chap. Or you never would have typed this:

His first movie is a racist caricature of muslims

It isn't possible to be racist towards Muslims, because Muslims are a religious group, not an ethnicity.

Also, there may be a political agenda. Fair enough. There is a political slant in almost every form of media these days. Singling out this one individual is pointless, as there are thousands more guilty of doing the same thing. As for a religious agenda? I highly doubt it. He might be of the Semitic ethnicity, but I doubt he follows the Jewish faith. I've seen interviews with him and he seems far too intelligent to be religious. So I doubt he would even bother with that.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   

reply to post by Xaphan

A second guy that doesn't understand racism. Man this thread is shaping up.
I already responded to this once. You should read before replying so I don't have to teach the same class over and over again. There is an agenda, be it political or religious, it doesn't make pointing it out racist.

Politely, I think it's you who is trying to be offended, whilst being mildly racist yourself and not understanding the subject matter.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Nope.. just denial, you embrace stupidity pretty fervently.

Ask your questions. I haven't seen any questions, only accusations.

Whose in denial now, you answer a question by saying Kazakhstan has a predominantly Muslim population which doesn't really answer the question of where in movie or even the tv shows is he depicted as being Muslim and then tell me you haven't seen any questions.

So was that just some random stats you wished to include in this thread.

What have you been accused of, I see you directly calling people idiots, ignorant and the sort so i will accuse you of being lost in your thoughts of bigotry and racism and generalization.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr Expired

Then you clearly know nothing about the guy behind Borat. He has also made fun of Jews even though he is jewish himself. You should check out some of his older material.
Why is everything racist these days??

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Expired
reply to post by Monger

Name one mainstream movie or TV show in the west that regularly ridicules Israeli Jews via a fictional character creation.

I will wait forever, prove me wrong.

Again look at his older content. He was big in UK and Europe long before Borat came out.
Would help if you actually did some research before posting BS.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   

reply to post by Flavian

I was going to ask you the same thing as most 5 year olds I know are also idiots.
You began the insults with this little implication "And top it of telling us we are in denial, maybe we are in denial of stupidity and ignorance " and I seriously laughed at the "debate degrees" thing. I bet you have tons of degrees! All that Harvard and Yale had to offer. They are probably starting new programs at your request!

BTW this is the first actual ironic post (you ignored my response about how my comment wasn't racist because you realized your error). You denounce insults while simultaneously making a maturity based insult then expose your own immaturity with your degree comment.

Good stuff. I'm done.

Calm down and reply to the right people as it was I that was said to be in denial by you so I responded with that, not meaning it to be insulting or implying you, just pointing out what I try to deny.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by juleol

He wasn't talking about Sascha Baron Cohen there.
Instead of calling it b.s. why don't you give him the example he was waiting for?

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
www.youtube.com...

Is this racist? ^^

www.youtube.com...

Is this?

www.youtube.com...

^ This?

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

I completely understand the subject matter, it's obvious. I am not being even mildly racist. You are denying something actually racist and then saying something else is racist when it's not. That's ironic.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   

I completely understand the subject matter, it's obvious. I am not being even mildly racist. You are denying something actually racist and then saying something else is racist when it's not. That's ironic.

At the risk of one of us dying from tedium.

I know a LOT more about this actor. You didn't even know who Ali G was and yet you claim that I have no understanding of the subject matter.

Please do some research.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   

What does it matter if they are or aren't? A lot of his material is.
I am seriously done, you guys can live in your denial. I will leave you with this article though. Other more sensible people can read it and make up their minds on their own.

Sacha Baron Cohen loves to mock all things Arab and Muslim. All three of his most popular movies have gone out of their way to vilify Arabs and Muslims. Now, as brave men and women in the Arab world courageously and resiliently face down the despots that have beaten and killed them, Baron Cohen portrays a dictator. Not only is the movie horribly ill-timed, but it stands as a testament to his horrid disdain for Arabs and Muslims. In Bruno, he interviews a Palestinian and labels him a terrorist. That Palestinian is Ayman Abu Aita, a non-profit worker who would later sue Baron Cohen in the district of Columbia two years ago. Exactly what a show about a gay model has to do with Palestine is beyond me. Borat in its entirety is about a journalist from a Muslim republic who does crazy stunts and shows a great deal of ignorance and resentment toward Israel–it feels forced.

source

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join