It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the music industry - how bad is it really?....actually really bad

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by TiM3LoRd

there is no link....its just a reactive rant! lol....kinda baseless

edit on 11-10-2012 by thePharaoh because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by theMediator
If you you payed more attention to the lyrics in so many popular artists, you would be amazed on how many talk against their own industry in metaphor and double meanings. Demons, possession and "pacts with the devil" are also common subjects in lyrics.

So what? I grew up in the 70s and 80s and remember Tipper Gore and the like cracking down on metal. Ridiculous claims were made such as bands like Black Sabbath, Slayer and more being "Satan worshipers". We all know how ridiculous a claim that is now, dont we?

Its showmanship, people! No one wants to hear a metal band sing about love, joy and peace.

Watch this video, Dee Snyder is my freaking hero for absolutely destroying these deluded anti-metal crusaders. He comes in looking like a freak, with a crumpled letter in his back pocket. He sits down, pulls it out and eloquently destroys the opposition.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   

You said 'Music is a tool for the mass population'. Take this line and change to:

The Koran is a tool for the mass population.

Right. It is.

Qur'an helps you use your mind. Then feel based on your mind. Then do based on your feeling

Music uses your feelings and you may act based on the feeling.

Sometimes they make you believe something that you are sure is a lie.

It means , you can get manipulated. You had proves , you had thought about the subjects , but hearing and your senses , ... tell you another thing.

Then in an unfair judging , you vote for the feelings and neglect the reasons and facts which were in contradiction with feelings.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to [url= by Pilot[/url]

(on-topic)
it's amazing that I could rip obama & romney, destroy religion, pick apart the illuminati scheme, and yet- if I criticize music (or gender) here at ats i would incurr the wrath of so many people and their preconceived notions. That alone should show us the power of music. Dare ye criticize my musical tastes? Witness my temper........

(off-topic)

[snipped off topic comments]
edit on 10/12/2012 by tothetenthpower because: --Mod Edit--Snipped off topic comments.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
I think the music shifted greatly in the 60's and 70's.As well as all arts in general...Artists became more adventurous and creative,and for the first time in ages they got enough courage to say whatever was in their minds in new trendy ways not heard of or seen before....Rock legends like Pink Floyd,Supertramp,Genesis,Jethrotull,Queen and many other mostly British rock bands had a lot of very interesting things to say about the humanity, politics and social issues, and they amazingly accompanied that with a dreamy tripy! (yeah i am an old man as you can tell) progressive music that was not heard of before,period....But then everything changed, in the 80's Drum machines,samplers and the synthesizers took over (technically) and rap and techno were introduced.In the 90's things changed for the better as people got tiered of the same old sole free beat and lyrics. we all needed something deeper and more meaningful with real instruments and real artists. The 00's were when it seemed like anything goes ,an experimental era if you will...I have quit listening to mainstream music for a while now and have little idea of whats going on in the music world these days. I personally like to listen to raw traditional folk improvised music with a hint of synth played by the real people in real time...But i also like that funky groovy beat with a good bass line.,,do you guys still say funky or is that too passe!

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Music today is crap period!

Where did the true talent go? Where are the Cat Stevens, Jim Croce....singers and songwriters who made beautiful deep music go? I'm sure they are still around..but we are not hearing them because society is materialistic, wants instant gratification.....Its always about the dance floor....partying out of your mind and the repetitive shallow lines in a song.....I've been so tired of it all.

The manufacturing of pop artists are destroying music more then we realize....and if you want someone promote you...you have to submit to it.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
TO THOSE THAT DONT KNOW

watch this....katt williams describing his introduction to "that" elite circle

for what he said on stage and refusing to play ball.....this is why "apparently" katt williams was destroyed

in case you missed t on the main op

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by thePharaoh

Yeah and just like they said, he is now on the #list. There are some videos on youtube the show him being harrased by police.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by poloblack

Let's just say, there was some ritualistic sexual activity and we're not talking about your garden variety orgy.

Oh really? That's kind of funny that you mention that.

Dead on i knew it. The gut doesn't lie. It explains how they can use sex to.. control people. That type of fubar isn't just happening in the music industry.

Oh yea its deep.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   

edit on 11-10-2012 by nightbringr because: Retracted statement, turned out it wasnt true.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by dayve
Nvm, guess this is about some illuminati crap...... Music is still good, their is no "illuminati" ... Who cares what this guy says. I personally know people in the music industry and its nothing like what your thinking. Go outside

edit on 10-10-2012 by dayve because: (no reason given)

So you knowing some people in the music industry means you know everything that goes on in the music industry?
Yea.. I know some people in the military, that must mean I hold all the military secrets.

Is it just me or is just about every first response to a thread a counter post? Seems almost automatic these days.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by thePharaoh

From observations of this planets entertainment producers, the music industry of today is no more bad off then it was in the past if thats the case. The entire music industry has basically the same influences within it that have always been its just with hip hop and pop these days those who play the big influence remain waaaay behind the attention grabbing scenes and just guide and groom the top stars of today (no matter their race or genre its a money issue) as they did in the past hence why you see the same
a lot now days being thrown by many pop and hip hop artist that you would see in past metal bands artist ect. So again there seems to be basically the same influences. The entertainment aspect is cool for the music is producing some descent harmonics or beats to vibe too, but getting too deep into the entertainment industry can become overwhelming if your trying to follow it and understand it more thePharaoh 1 tends to enjoy the songs&beats but if they are selling their souls hopefully they have GOD in their hearts enough to keep them grounded otherwise they may be selling their souls for a price that has no return policy. WOE!

Also I think the music industry went thru changes a gold era then a platinum era then the ice age the gold era the influences seemed to have the entertainers of hip hop and pop under control (just go dance with some nice jewelry and we will take the checks entertainers ok) smh but the gold to platinum era it seemed the influences were losing control around when gangster rap came in, but platinum to ice age they the influences regained it with hip hop and pop maybe 2 Pac, Biggie Smalls, Mike Jackson, Amy Winehouse & Whitney Huston and others who I may have not mentioned are like threats to the industry to stay in line and make their money (obey entertainers obey!
) and they will be ok but they better not go into more sensitive subjects that may enlighten the minds to heavier subjects or else... they will end you or turn you into a reality tv host to expose who you really are
anyway its the same entertainment game just different names in front that is but not behind the scenes thePharaoh still controlling what to be shared and played on the air.

NAMASTE*******
LOVE LIGHT ETERNIA
edit on 10/11/12 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13

is that a real picture of the pope?
is he making those hand gestures....plz tell me its photoshop

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by thePharaoh
Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13

is that a real picture of the pope?
is he making those hand gestures....plz tell me its photoshop

I was looking for somebody throwing the sign here and found this in link below: Dont know if cg assisted or not.

www.google.com... &bih=963

you have to add link in top browser and it will take you to where I found it dont know why link wont work in paste? It may work for you though.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   

TO THOSE THAT DONT KNOW

for what he said on stage and refusing to play ball.....this is why "apparently" katt williams was destroyed

This is where I get start hearing shenanigans... kinda. I'm not one for the "Satanism Exposed" slant anyway, because it has a religious agenda attached to it.

But here? Homosexual acts are Illuminati rituals? When you hear that, you've got to ask. Is the "insider" or truthseeker saying this because they believe homosexuality is immoral as a rule? Or are they giving you the information left raw and untouched by their own convictions?

Now what I'm about to write may sound offensive on the surface, so I humbly request anyone that happens to read this to digest it objectively...

Professor Griff is an African-American Muslim. The information he divulges in this video (if anyone's seen the full one) was primarily intended for an African-American audience, who also happen to be, on the whole, very observant Christians and Muslims. I was raised in an Afro-Carribean family, and in a Catholic community, and have family in the States, so I can tell you that when I say that homophobia is rampant in these communities, it's from direct observation. To be honest, one doesn't even need such an upbringing to realise this.

So can someone clarify this: when the subject of homosexual rituals in Hollywood is brought up in a conversation, is it due to religious bias of the person who said it, or is this something that happens regardless? Pretty sure sex in itself could generate the same amount of "energy".

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   

TO THOSE THAT DONT KNOW

This is where I get start hearing shenanigans... kinda. I'm not one for the "Satanism Exposed" slant anyway, because it has a religious agenda attached to it.

But here? Homosexual acts are Illuminati rituals? When you hear that, you've got to ask. Is the "insider" or truthseeker saying this because they believe homosexuality is immoral as a rule? Or are they giving you the information left raw and untouched by their own convictions?

Now what I'm about to write may sound offensive on the surface, so I humbly request anyone that happens to read this to digest it objectively...

Professor Griff is an African-American Muslim. The information he divulges in this video (if anyone's seen the full one) was primarily intended for an African-American audience, who also happen to be, on the whole, very observant Christians and Muslims. I was raised in an Afro-Carribean family, and in a Catholic community, and have family in the States, so I can tell you that when I say that homophobia is rampant in these communities, it's from direct observation. To be honest, one doesn't even need such an upbringing to realise this.

So can someone clarify this: when the subject of homosexual rituals in Hollywood is brought up in a conversation, is it due to religious bias of the person who said it, or is this something that happens regardless? Pretty sure sex in itself could generate the same amount of "energy".
edit on 11-10-2012 by ihavenoaccount because: Can a mod delete this post please? Didn't mean for it to double up. Thanks

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   

something about this song

SHINE BRIGHT
not that bad one of my fav female artist.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
So if I understand what is being said here...

Record producers and recording moguls use and trade sexual favors for contracts and play time and promotion and success.

That these same power players are into "satanic' and Illuminati rituals, worship the devil and try to intiate others into their ranks.

Popular music has coded lyrics that carry "satanic" influence and propaganda.

To say the least, I am shocked. I have never heard of such things before despite listening to music for close to 50 years now. I am deeply troubled. This is all new...

Next thing ya know... someone will claim Ozzy Osbourne worships Satan, Judas Priest records played backwards cause suicide, and that Charley Manson of Helter skelter fame thought the Beatles were the 4 horsemen of the Apocolypse... Golly gee wizz, I bet some one out there thinks that Jimmy Page worships Satan because he lived in Alister Crowley's castle.

Forgive my sarcasm. these rumours are as old as Robert Johnson selling his soul to the Devil in exchange for blues guitar playing skills.

As for when did music change... MTV.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   

TO THOSE THAT DONT KNOW

I love Katt and how he speaks the truth, he's one of my favorites.

I recently watched his Kattpacalypse comedy performance and at the end he became dead serious and started saying things like F the devil, people are after him and he's not scared, he's been arrested like 14 times in 18 months without ever stepping foot in court, and some other things...

It seemed odd at the time but now it makes perfect sense, thanks for posting it.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by kat2684

Not so long ago true talent in the entertainment industry meant simply being remarkable .But know it means that one has to be marketable,just like in all other aspects of our lives....People want fast shiny little rushes,they want a lot of them and they want them right now...The fake exterior seems to be much more important than the real interior...No one really cares about the meanings,spirituality,technicalities or innovations anymore,there is no time and patience for that kind of stuff. .Kind of reminds me of a four year old!...I think this attitude plays a big role in the creation of most of the problems we are facing today,but this certainly not going to last for long as people will eventually get bored and tiered of everything including themselves.

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join