It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the music industry - how bad is it really?....actually really bad

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by poloblack

Originally posted by dayve
reply to post by poloblack

For the record... .Your acting like the music industry has its own lil secrets that the world doesnt know or do. The same things happen in the music industry that happens in the movie, sports, and business industry.... Nothing "dark" and special happens that doesn't happen in the regular world..
And what is your point? This thread is about the MUSIC industry, genius. And who the hell said anything about ANYTHING being special? There's ALOT that happens in the music industry that doesn't happen in the ''regular world''. The music world DOES have its own secrets, you're just ignorant of that fact. I'm a cordial kind of guy, but you're the kind of person that makes it very difficult to maintain that cordiality. In essence, what I'm saying is, ease up being so anal. You have that down to a science.

Idk what your gettin sore about, just referencing to what you said... And no.... Tell me one thing that goes on in the music industry that happens NOWHERE else.... ? If your gonna bump your lil gumbles at least back it up with some truth. Cause i will call you out on your BS

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by chadderson

What has occurred is that the music remains the same, similar rhythms with similar chords and notes. There are specific patterns of notes when put together create a sort of harmony that is enticing to the listener. These 'magical' notes have been known for ages, and it is why the "TOP SONGS" usually have beats from songs of the past. It is a cycle in which every so many years the old hit is replaced by a new hit with the same rhythm/beat/note order only put behind new lyrics...

I couldn't agree more. Its like the producers pretend to be edgy and out of the box but they bring the same old stuff that they know people will like.

I saw this video the other day and thought it a fitting reply to your post.

It all started with Pachelbel Cannon in D.
In the Video the guy (comedian) rants about how the chord structure for Pachelbel's Cannon in D is still being used everywhere, He gets Aerosmith, Green Day, U2, Marley and more.

Its pretty funny check it our If you want a break form the seriousness around here.

He starts in on the modern music around 2:12

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   

For the record... .Your acting like the music industry has its own lil secrets that the world doesnt know or do. The same things happen in the music industry that happens in the movie, sports, and business industry.... Nothing "dark" and special happens that doesn't happen in the regular world..
And what is your point? This thread is about the MUSIC industry, genius. And who the hell said anything about ANYTHING being special? There's ALOT that happens in the music industry that doesn't happen in the ''regular world''. The music world DOES have its own secrets, you're just ignorant of that fact. I'm a cordial kind of guy, but you're the kind of person that makes it very difficult to maintain that cordiality. In essence, what I'm saying is, ease up being so anal. You have that down to a science.

Idk what your gettin sore about, just referencing to what you said... And no.... Tell me one thing that goes on in the music industry that happens NOWHERE else.... ? If your gonna bump your lil gumbles at least back it up with some truth. Cause i will call you out on your BS
Man, you don't have the capacity to call me out on anything, because you don't know what the hell you're talking about. Due to my dad's occupation, as a kid, I was around prominent people, and as an adult, I was in the music industry, again, around prominent people. People that you couldn't even be in the same building with. I don't bump gums son, I speak from personal knowledge, and I'm no kid from Gen Y. Me, sore? Nah, just slightly annoyed.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   
I think illegal downloading is the root of much of the problems with today's music. Big music companies are having a hard time making money on safe-bet, cookie cutter pop acts. They surely are not going to make money by making several experimental or different albums.

The music industry used to act as a filter of sorts, bringing bands to the forefront that were worthy of attention. Most acts (but not all of course) that deserved to get signed got some sort of distribution and maybe some airplay and the acts that did not deserve any attention often (but not always) got no distribution and no airplay. Now garage bands can easily distribute music to millions of people around the world from a laptop. While some of these bands are good and worth listening to, most of them are not. It is difficult for the good bands to be noticed above the noise without a filter in place.

Now the filter can only bring acts to the forefront that are sure hits like cookie cutter pop. The industry cannot invest money on a bunch of underground acts that are likely to fail and only target limited audiences.

In short, if you find a piece of music you enjoy, BUY IT LEGALLY. Support the good musicians with your wallet! Don't complain that all you hear on the radio is Justin Bieber when you have illegally downloaded every piece of music in your possession.

As an aside, this rant can very well apply to movies and pretty much anything else people download illegally these days.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by hotpinkurinalmint
I think illegal downloading is the root of much of the problems with today's music. Big music companies are having a hard time making money on safe-bet, cookie cutter pop acts. They surely are not going to make money by making several experimental or different albums.

The music industry used to act as a filter of sorts, bringing bands to the forefront that were worthy of attention. Most acts (but not all of course) that deserved to get signed got some sort of distribution and maybe some airplay and the acts that did not deserve any attention often (but not always) got no distribution and no airplay. Now garage bands can easily distribute music to millions of people around the world from a laptop. While some of these bands are good and worth listening to, most of them are not. It is difficult for the good bands to be noticed above the noise without a filter in place.

Now the filter can only bring acts to the forefront that are sure hits like cookie cutter pop. The industry cannot invest money on a bunch of underground acts that are likely to fail and only target limited audiences.

In short, if you find a piece of music you enjoy, BUY IT LEGALLY. Support the good musicians with your wallet! Don't complain that all you hear on the radio is Justin Bieber when you have illegally downloaded every piece of music in your possession.

As an aside, this rant can very well apply to movies and pretty much anything else people download illegally these days.

Man, the execs in the music industry financially rapes artists, and fans alike. Unless you've been inside the industry, don't speak on things of which you have no knowledge of. Record companies make the majority off album sales, while artists make a very small percentage, and on top of that, they charge the artists for marketing costs. You have no clue. Nowadays, artists get their biggest bucks by going on tour. If I can download a 20 year old album, then, that's what I'm going to do. The record companies have already raked in millions on said album 20 years ago. Stay on the sidelines, and I mean no disrespect by stating that.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by hotpinkurinalmint

Don't get down on what you're not up on. You are perpetuating a lie because of ignorance. Stop.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 01:23 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

But you already know...

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 01:36 AM
link   
There are many suppressed secrets in the music industry, reason being music is the most effective form of injecting young minds with subliminal messages, I posted a youtube video about subliminal messages once, a large % of the comments claimed "subliminal messages are a myth", such is a common perspective, the fact that so many are uneducated on the factual reality of subliminal messages to begin with is a conspiracy in and of itself.

I didn't watch the whole video, to me it does kind of sound like a has been and a yes man complaining, I guarantee if these 2 men were as rich as Flava Flav they would not be making videos and complaining like this, they would be too busy riding their rich mans high horse, so I do gotta take what their saying with a grain of salt even if some of what they say may be somewhat true.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Observationalist

Actually that video reminds me of a bit by the comedy group The Axis Of Awesome called 4 Chords.

Kind of a cool performance:

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 01:52 AM
link   
As an amateur songwriter I can say that it is hard to create original material, as there has been so much already written, and there are only a few notes , and few keys.

Rhythms and lyrics add to th ecombinations possible, as does the important thing emotions.

But perhaps if more people wrote their own music, it would have more significance.

We all have heard the Beatles billions of us, yet they were just four people.

We think their music related to us , some of it was universal, but it is not of your heart, perhaps from the collective subconcious, but only when one creates , can we know our own heart.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Razimus
There are many suppressed secrets in the music industry, reason being music is the most effective form of injecting young minds with subliminal messages, I posted a youtube video about subliminal messages once, a large % of the comments claimed "subliminal messages are a myth", such is a common perspective, the fact that so many are uneducated on the factual reality of subliminal messages to begin with is a conspiracy in and of itself.

I didn't watch the whole video, to me it does kind of sound like a has been and a yes man complaining, I guarantee if these 2 men were as rich as Flava Flav they would not be making videos and complaining like this, they would be too busy riding their rich mans high horse, so I do gotta take what their saying with a grain of salt even if some of what they say may be somewhat true.

You have a fair point, but I think there is a logical flaw in there somewhere.

Your argument presupposes that this guy (I assume you mean Griff) is bitter because he didn't make as much money as flav, etc, and therefore therefore this may be why he is speaking against the industry.

Some might see it as: He spoke against the industry, and therefore he didn't make as much money as flav, etc -- pretty much an opposite causal relationship.

I think the truth may lie somewhere in the middle.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 02:07 AM
link   
What’s changed is that in the mainstream sector of the industry (acts like Lady Gaga, Madonna, Spears and so on) is that there’s no artistry left in it. Pop “songs” these days are just churned out like a plastic toy made in China. It’s disgusting really. This, and they’re lazy. Many “popstars” do not write their own “songs”. Most have nothing to do with the “instrumentals” - which are usually made on a computer and not with actual instruments. All they do is lend their vocals - which is often auto tuned or played with in some other way, hence why they’re either terrible live or don’t actually play “live”. I use the “ “ ’s a lot because I genuinely do not consider modern pop and mainstream music to actually be music. It isn’t. It’s trash, it’s noise produced solely to make money and not for the love of the art. Unfortunately, most are very lazy and do not listen nor search beyond with is played on the radio - which is just plain unbearable. I could go on and on about this issue because it gets me rallied up, but yeah. If you want to compare hip hop listen to Mos Def then put on a Fiddy Cent “song” and you should be able to tell the difference between the two... All in all, the modern day mainstream music scene is 100% purely about money and absolutely nothing more. Nothing to do with art, passion nor love. There’s none of those three key things in anything Miley Cyrus does. I despise it. Terrible.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 02:34 AM
link   
reply to post by dayve

Have you been living under a rock? What the OP said is spot on! I haven´t watched the video yet but something HAS changed. If you still love the music in the charts, thats fine. But don´t come here and start getting smart! Feel free to ignore this thread, just as I ignore all the Ubumu threads.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 02:48 AM
link   
Music is a tool for mass manipulation.

And it lets you decide and feel before you think.

That is how they use it to inject their propaganda.

Sometimes they make you believe something that you are sure is a lie.

MHO.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 02:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Razimus

Yes , but sometimes it is not hidden subliminal message. It is a complete lie and clear propaganda. But they make you feed your mind that you will never feed it in normal circumstances.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 03:10 AM
link   
If there is no truth to the idea of dark conspiracies in the music industry, wouldn't that mean there is a conspiracy working to create a collective awareness of non-existent conspiracies in the music industry?

I don't know what really goes on behind the scenes, especially not in the big league pop and hip hop section of music. I will listen with an open mind to what insiders have to say... I have no expectations I will ever know the whole truth.

Interesting video, thanks for the link.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 04:41 AM
link   
Its not hard to believe that musicians dating back to bach controlled what the people hear

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by mideast
Music is a tool for mass manipulation.

And it lets you decide and feel before you think.

That is how they use it to inject their propaganda.

Sometimes they make you believe something that you are sure is a lie.

MHO.

And this is coming from someone who is Muslim and runs his life according to a book???

Yes, you really have got yourself screwed with that comment of yours.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by ANOK

BTW the whole Illuminati thing is nonsense. I am a musician and have been involved, and know people, in the music industry. There is no collective agenda, other than to make money ripping off artists and fans.

edit on 10/10/2012 by ANOK because: (no reason given)

grass?...i was talking about american hiphop..ok

the reasomn why you never noticed is because you were not a hit...no offense

but when..jayz, puff daddy, timberland and dr dre...then their artists - rhianna, beyonce emininem, 50 cent...

these lot...together...stream billions of dollars....as nikki minaj says - she pays your welfare

and as for ripping off fans -JAYZ Blueprint album....nuff said

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by ANOK

How does any of that point to "Illuminati" controlling the music industry?

That's just people doing weird stuff for kicks. It shouldn't be taken quite so seriously.
Man, that was one story of many. We used to hang out at the Big O Ranch, which was Otis Redding's home, and Ms. Zelda, Dex, and Otis Jr.'s mom, knew things, and she shared alot with us, though, I'm sure Otis and Dex were already privy to that info. Believe me, it's not just ''people doing weird stuff for kicks''. Like I said, you not believing the magnitude of what kind of dark things happen in the industry, doesn't negate the facts.

A few post up you said you have first hand info not what someone told you and now you post this.

Wow you witness an orgy and hear a few stories and your 42 years old, Well I can do better, Im 9800 years old and have partaken in 1120 orgies and have told a story thats been created into many. so boo

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join