It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the music industry - how bad is it really?....actually really bad

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 07:00 AM
link   
ITS NOT A CONSPIRACY FFS

ANY INDUSTRY THAT STREAMS - BILLIONS

WILL BE INDUSTRIALISED...AND OWNED AT THE TOP

oil, gas, banks, even sport and music.....

idustry owners expect other things - ie loyalty...how do you get loyalty,,,,film a dude giving oral sex, then threaten him with it,,,,,and show him what happens if you dont play ball ie MJ, 2pac

BTW...i watched kat williams talking about it....week later he was destroyed....i`l get the link if you want to see it

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by thePharaoh
ITS NOT A CONSPIRACY FFS

ANY INDUSTRY THAT STREAMS - BILLIONS

WILL BE INDUSTRIALISED...AND OWNED AT THE TOP

oil, gas, banks, even sport and music.....

idustry owners expect other things - ie loyalty...how do you get loyalty,,,,film a dude giving oral sex, then threaten him with it,,,,,and show him what happens if you dont play ball ie MJ, 2pac

BTW...i watched kat williams talking about it....week later he was destroyed....i`l get the link if you want to see it

Post the link good sir

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Originally posted by mideast
Music is a tool for mass manipulation.

And it lets you decide and feel before you think.

That is how they use it to inject their propaganda.

Sometimes they make you believe something that you are sure is a lie.

MHO.

And this is coming from someone who is Muslim and runs his life according to a book???

Yes, you really have got yourself screwed with that comment of yours.

And I see you are blessed by all entertainment industry.

Maybe god bless you more. not me.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   
I dunno... perhaps I'm in a minority here but I tend to feel that the real conspiracy lies within the question -- how the #### did we devolve from the true golden age of music (60s, 70s) to the garbage of today? Of course there might be a few gems here and there but certainly when you look at whats considered the mainstream of today, it boggles my mind as to how this has come to be... but then when you think about it, music has never been as beneficially influential then it had been in those golden decades, no doubt influenced by the up-rise of psychedelics within the music industry at the time. A lot of minds were opened up, and you can only imagine what a threat that was to those who wish to forever control us.

Thus the rise of hiphop, rap and the like -- rubbish forcefully pushed as the new mainstream so that it may forever drown out any hint of good, mind expanding music that might be playing in the background, as well as dumb the masses so as to forever kill off whatever breed of open minded musicians that are left in the world today.

No doubt though the internet is an equation that has already begun and will continue to put an end to this viscous cycle, as now the medium for mainstream has changed to one that allows us -- as individuals -- to better explore and develop our own minds. More and more of our younger generation are stumbling onto the true gems of our past and are finally allowed the chance to hear something real.

The internet is the new psychedelic tool, and there will be no stopping it this time!

(Yes I realize I MAY have stepped on a few people's toes here, but it is my honest opinion and I mean nothing personal)
edit on 11/10/12 by Navieko because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by mideast

To be fair dude, you can see why one would be so sensitive about it. I don't want to assume, but many Muslims consider secular music haram according to the Hadith, right? So technically you have less invested in the beneficial aspects of such entertainment than others would. That would mean entering a religious discussion, which is pretty much pointless.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by dayve
Nvm, guess this is about some illuminati crap...... Music is still good, their is no "illuminati" ... Who cares what this guy says. I personally know people in the music industry and its nothing like what your thinking. Go outside

edit on 10-10-2012 by dayve because: (no reason given)

Knowing people in the music industry is one thing. Knowing the right people in the music industry is something altogether different.

"Illuminati" is just another word for those in the seats of power in this world. Nothing to get bent out of shape over.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by thePharaoh

I watched the video. What I find interesting is that from 9:45 to 13:00 music is playing in the background when he is going over the books, and talking about the Illuminati plan. That is the only place where the music is loud and distracting. It is almost like trance like music, so if you are not really paying attention you could miss that whole segment.

I am the type of person who has a hard time hearing people talk over other noises, so that may be why I picked up on it. I can't sit and read and listen to music either. Tried, and can't do it.

What would be interesting to know is what were the lyrics in the music playing from 9:45 to 13:00. I tried to listen to them, and couldn't make it out. Was it intentional that the producer played that music at that time? Or was it an accident that someone hit a button and the music started playing? If there was suppose to be background music, why not at any other place? Did Griff, I believe is the one being interviewed, know that the music was in the background on purpose or did he just happen to pick up on it? A couple of minutes later he mentions the name of the group or title. Why at that spot, and not any other spot?

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Though Im a fan...Griff tends to leave a bad taste in some people's mouths so many tune out the message based on the messenger.....but he is not the only one who has spoken out about the music industry and its dark intentions. Afrika Bambatta, Chaka Khan, Bootsy Collins....they've had something to say on the subject. Around the time of Whitney Houston's death, Chaka was particularly vocal, especially when it came to Clive Davis and his rather creepy demeanor regarding the fact that he kept a party going knowing her body was downstairs...and how he basically announced that Jennifer Hudson was now the replacement Whitney Houston not long before her death. Its all very sordid business.

As for me....I gotta say I am firmly on the fence with a lot of this.....but not because I dont believe it. I have been a fan of hip hop since its golden age. My mom raised me on groups like PE...and I still carry a love for the genre and have since put my own kids on to people like Immortal Technique, Fort Minor, Redman, Iron Sy....the list goes on. I have watched as the artform devolved on a mainstream level......seen the result of what can happen when a subculture embraces materialism and moral ambiguity. That being said....I am also a student of the occult....and have been for well over a decade. And a lot of what is being put out in these youtube vids is based on a lot of misinformation about what the occult is.....or rather what it is limited to. I know that whenever someone puts a religious spin...brings up a biblical verse...some prophecy...some misinformed view of a symbol...my attention begins to waiver. And watching people like Kanye West and Jay Z act like they are creating some kind of Hip Hop high magick makes me chuckle even more. Its like they read a Crowley book and decided to run with it. I knew kids like that back in highschool....they were called posers. I know that there is also that Masonic connection with Hove in particular, but part of me feels like there is a lot of misinformation about what it is to be a Mason as well. And those making leaps and bounds over symbols only have part of the truth.

Pac knew what he was talking about. I took a look at his reading list...there was some heavy stuff on there and he obviously had an interest in everything from Theosophy to secret societies to Machiavelli....and I have no doubt that Quincy Jones's freak ass has his finger up the bum of many an entertainer. But the question is....is Sex Magick, ritualism and the occult inherently evil? Or are people who have bias already just getting a peek into a world that they dont really understand? Satanism is a tricky subject because a lot of times you get things thrown in there that dont belong....things like witchcraft and other occult practices. I know once these video makers start blending themes that they have not taken the time to really separate the fact from the fiction.

I am trying to understand what is being presented because I know that the truth lies somewhere in the middle. Is there power in sound...in music...in vibratory frequencies....mos def. Is it being used against us as a species right now...again...I believe so....and not just in music. Are these videos really delivering the right information to people?.....here is where we start to hit the snags. They are all coming in from a bias. NOI, Christianity, Anti Gay, Anti Jew, Anti Establishment...I have seen the agendas in many videos, even if one excludes the one in the OP. What I would like to see is a breakdown of the symbolism and methodology by a student of the occult or at least someone knowledgeable about the practices and rituals and where they stem from.... Someone who is not coming into this unknowing or partially informed.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by ihavenoaccount

I don't want to assume, but many Muslims consider secular music haram according to the Hadith, right?

It is not totally haram

And we her much music from the TV.

I examined this myself. I played a movie with the background music. Then I just muted it and wanted to see how it is going to affect me.

I understood that there were many wrong points and many mistakes in the movie that I was neglecting because of the music.

Then i checked in many films. I got the similar results.

MHO.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by thePharaoh

I Agree 100% with you..The "Industry" or corporate machine has completely overtaken "Top 40" music and the like. Hip-hop along with Teen pop really started to take ahold of the youth in the early to mid 90's and has NEVER let up! I'm sure you would Agree the Artists such as "Gaga" "Perry" "Spears" "Madonna" "Jay-Z and the Wifey Mrs. B" umm "Rhianna" "Niki M." "Justin B" ....on and on and on..ALL Show Signs of some kind of "Allegiance" to a Group using certain "Hand" gestures and Facial gestures all the SAME! There may not be an Actual group called the "Illuminati" BUT There is Definitely something going on...!

edit on 11-10-2012 by DjembeJedi because: vid didnt work

edit on 11-10-2012 by DjembeJedi because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by chadderson
What has occurred is that the music remains the same, similar rhythms with similar chords and notes. There are specific patterns of notes when put together create a sort of harmony that is enticing to the listener. These 'magical' notes have been known for ages, and it is why the "TOP SONGS" usually have beats from songs of the past. It is a cycle in which every so many years the old hit is replaced by a new hit with the same rhythm/beat/note order only put behind new lyrics...

That only works for the small minded sheep.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   
www.youtube.com...

Listening to the radio casts a shadow of doubt over the general populous of the human race, in my mind.

It's just so sad that you'll never hear anything like this ^ on the radio. Ever..
edit on 11-10-2012 by Gwampo because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Gwampo

I really enjoyed that. Thank you

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by irsuccubusWhat I would like to see is a breakdown of the symbolism and methodology by a student of the occult or at least someone knowledgeable about the practices and rituals and where they stem from.... Someone who is not coming into this unknowing or partially informed.

Dunno if you've heard of Michael Wynn? He's certainly done primary research on the occult - studying it himself rather than referencing some Christian minister's propaganda book/moneyspinner. Google Hollywood Insiders, or more importantly the Soul Travelers (but that's about magic and astral realms specifically, not exactly their alleged influence on entertainment and such.

But I do see your point. After watching hours worth of videos, scouring hundreds of pages of "alternative" literature and taking a lot of time out to ruminate over it all, I can't accept where all of these arguments head. From the 10 minute mark (depending on how long the piece is) it becomes clear that the author will soon implore you to accept Jesus or submit to the will of God. Some people think that's a positive agenda, but it's an agenda nonetheless. In any case, most of these authors seem to have come up with the most ridiculous meanings for these symbols that humankind has ever heard.

I think we should either face the fact that we are absolute Muggles when it comes to this stuff, or we should endeavour to educate ourselves about this without preconceived notions, which is almost impossible...

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   
you guys are hilarious.....as if rap and hip-pop are the start of the satanistic commercialization of music......

1920's- "race" records are condemned and declared animalistic, even satanistic. IMO because the "race" of which I speak was a thousand times more musical than the lighter race who couldn't produce the same transcendental and at times voodoo-like music and therefore vilified it.
1930's- white people began stealing black people's music, and like children who think they know best and cause damage with power that is too much for them.

this is all radio-influenced history. Imagiine music before the 1st radio......was it pure and innocent? What would have happened had there been no django, no lonnie johnson?
in the days before TV music was everything- everyong knew the same songs, the same dances, and the same stories. There was a gentleness- whether real or imagined- that the mentality of Industry has destroyed. Instead of imitating nature, music now must define it. What a joke.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   
just to clarify ( a little).....

if anything has changed in the music industry it is simply that, to gain trust or whatever, beauitful and loving songs were played to win our hearts. Now, since we have nothing left to steal and we've been raped-out, the industry doesn't have to pretend any more and instead of spending the effort, time, and money on "creating" music instead resamples and redistributes the same old junk, still making billions.
when I heard the first "sample" and hancock's "rockit" I knew things were bad. Sampling itself presupposes the mindset that there was a Golden Time when things were better and now is just derivative and iitative of that time. Ergo: "sampling" says the best we can ever get is to mirror an earlier time. That is not evolution, growth, or life.
edit on 11-10-2012 by IandEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Music is a tool for mass manipulation.

And it lets you decide and feel before you think.

That is how they use it to inject their propaganda.

Sometimes they make you believe something that you are sure is a lie.

MHO.

And this is coming from someone who is Muslim and runs his life according to a book???

Yes, you really have got yourself screwed with that comment of yours.

And I see you are blessed by all entertainment industry.

Maybe god bless you more. not me.

I'm not sure you understood my point.

You live your life according to the Koran. Which IMO is like a mind altering drug.

You said 'Music is a tool for the mass population'. Take this line and change to:

The Koran is a tool for the mass population.

Then you said: 'lets you decide and feel before you think'. Again we can look at the rules in the Koran which decide what you do before you think for yourselves.

And then: That is how they use it to inject their propaganda. Yes, this is how they inject their Islamic Rules and ways into the Population.

Then you say: Sometimes they make you believe something that you are sure is a lie.

Well, do I really need to give the explanation for your last sentence?

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   
I don't find it hard to believe that there are occult aspects to the highest level of the music industry-or any industry that rakes in billions. The extent and particulars? who knows unless they have participated?? It's been going on forever, even the European classics, when the church was the main benefactor of Mozart, who was supposedly done away with because the Magic Flute revealed secret society (masonic) symbolism...can't prove that of course but it wouldn't shock me at all. Beethoven was considered rebellious, because he did not honor convention, and he changed music forever.

Whitey co-opted so much from black artists it's disgusting, "Hound Dog" was not recorded by Elvis Presley first, it was recorded by Big Mama Thornton, and makes much more sense being sung by a female if you ask me. That is a long list that I'm sure many of you are aware of. Now I'm not familiar with hip-hop and it's political ins and outs so much, however, if the past theft of real music, watered down to be force fed to the masses is any indication that this is a real issue in the industry, why would anyone think it no longer happens? Whoever has the $$ to push and promote an artist or genre will prevail. They don't call them "trendsetters" for nothing. You get what they sell you, period, unless you make your own music and tune them out.

The man in the video has obviously studied the issue, even though I might not readily agree with his conclusions 100%, at least he is trying to wake people up to what's going on around them.

One thing I wonder about is the homophobia in the community, why the hate? Why? You do realize that the last universally sanctioned bigotry is against the gays. Everybody, no matter what skin color or religious persuasion or nationality can be hateful toward gays with no consequences. If you are part of a group that has been marginalized and hated in the past, how do you justify doing that to another group, just because you can?? I would really like it if someone could 'splain me that.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by poloblack

True it was always the case that the musicians almost always got a very small cut of album sales and many gold or platinum albums were knows to have actually cost musicians money. The musicians did, however, make good money of touring and merchandise that they would not have made if it were not for the push the record companies gave them. The last time I checked, musicians with a large following made good livings.

So while I may make more money this week than Pearl Jam made off of album sales for their break-out album Ten, Pearl Jam was able to make millions of dollars off touring because their record company gave them a marketing push. Without the record company push, Pearl Jam would still be playing dive bars in Seattle.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Mystery_Lady

i did notice a part in the tape where griff apologises about a CD he left playing
he says, oh sorry thats the roots new album...i was listening to it before we started!

but these parts you guys are mentioning are not what i wanted you to see,,,,uts the second half of the tape when he talks about the people in the industry

peace

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join