It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Marvin Gaye Album Cover predicts future?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 04:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Allegorical

There are no nuclear reactors in the op pic.
They are clearly coal fired power plants.
regards robbo.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 04:32 AM
link   
to those denying the idea that there were hints to 9 11 happening before it did, all you gotta do is youtube search it, youll be overwhelmed

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYyR3afvTfg

^part 2 OF 28!^(i put part 2 up because part 1 is missing i have messaged the uploader asking if he can re-upload it)

www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnkmsapK9Ic

at ^19:05^ you'll see this image notice in the video how it cuts away from the towers right AT 19:11

www.youtube.com...

yes of course some of the examples in the videos are weaker then others, if you are focusing on the weaker examples then that shows your mentality, one of wanting to disprove it, your mind is already made up.

this is only the tip of the iceberg, seek and you will find

Originally posted by Sly1one

Originally posted by waltdisney
reply to post by Allegorical

1997 MJ

edit on 9-10-2012 by waltdisney because: (no reason given)

I noticed something pretty interesting in that MJ album cover...I'm pretty certain that is the new york skyline...and I'm pretty confused as why there are no towers...as that would be artistically, and logically the main identifier and attraction of even using the NY skyline in the first place...

I say I am almost certian that is the NY skyline because of the domed top building as well as the pyramid topped building...
such as in the bottom left corner of this pic...

edit to add: also notice how he titled it specifically "HIStory In The Mix"...HIS..story...I'm sorry but I find that pretty damn interesting that he would do that...

i was thinking perhaps MJ's legs ARE the twin towers, towers of blood... idk just speculation

edit on 10/10/12 by pryingopen3rdeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 04:59 AM
link   
reply to post by waltdisney

Good luck with all Satans.

You could hope that they bring another civilization and moral rules that you like.

Maybe a brand new Jesus.

All this checker board are means to connect those satans you call UFO majesty.

Maybe you can connect one and ask for guidance.

If you met them , tell them I am that I never want guidance and I am very well with the almighty creator.

Maybe you can do them some favors to get more power through them.

It is truly hard to turn your back against them.

Sorry there are no words to translate what I really mean.

Tell them to inform you about the most stupid one.

Remember this moment you are reading this , I will be one witness about the truth that was plane clear to you.
edit on 10-10-2012 by mideast because:

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Why would marvin gaye know the future?

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke

The ones who connect them through the checker board can tell them.

About this special incident ,the future means what they did and they tell us it was accident.

They make Wahhabi Saudis.

They get Saudi tribe to power in Arabia.

And in return , Saudis do some favor and return the favor time to time.

It takes time and effort but it worth the prize.

At last , they get some superstitious people and say "Nostradamus predicted this , he is your prophet"

And at last , there are much trails and no clues about where the truth is buried.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Back in the day, long before the overt censorship we live with now, popular music was a tool for social commentary (rather than the vacuous 'I'm (not) in love', or 'I'm so cool/tough' drivel that is churned out now).

Creedance 'predicted' global warming/climate change?

Joni told us we were going to destroy paradise and put trees in tree museums

And Mr. Cohen said he'd seen the future and 'it is murder'.

edit on 10-10-2012 by christina-66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke

Maybe the OP is a fan and wants to believe Marvin Gaye was some kind of "seer" into the future? Who knows.

Speaking of fans, which is what THIS one is all about now anyway, I like this one. "Exile on Main Street". Hiding in plain view.

youtu.be...

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 07:03 AM
link   
I think this post is rediculous. You realise that the cover is ambiguos and essentially you can interperet any of these illustrations to suit any historical occurence. I can't believe people buy into this kind of stuff.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by christina-66

i see you are another person who believes this global warming hype is new to the scene,

here

newspaperarchive.com...

some newspapers from the 1800's talking about global warming and new laws regarding it, etc etc,

the new york times would publish a global warming scare headline about once every couple years, dating all the way back to the 1800's

this is not new, and we are not dead or overheated yet, its all bull#,

tbh earth is warming at a slower rate then the other planets in the solar system, even pluto is warming up rapidly, so the issue is really solar system warming, the real question is why is earth staying so much cooler by comparison, btw that info is right from nasa,

funny how much people dont know when they think they know.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 07:28 AM
link   

(just picked one with lyrics so you could read along)

Obviously Marvin was concerned with where humanity was headed ...

And obviously he had good reason to be concerned ...

Fukishima ... BP oil spill in gulf ...

edit on 10-10-2012 by MegaMind because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   

if you couldn't see these things coming by the seventies you were either too young or willfully ignorant

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Bible Code.

/thread

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   
My only problem with this is this.

Anyone can predict a flood with no timeline.
Anyone can predict a earthquake with no timeline.
Anyone could predict Something happening in new York.
and so on.

Its all how your persevering it.

I could show you comic books with twin towers falling from the 60's.
Doesnt meen they predicted it it was fantasy.
If you see my point

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   

The question mark in the title is telling. The artist was guessing some cataclysmic events that could possibly happen. I'm sure he used his imagination to arrive at this imagery.

edit on 10-10-2012 by TheSubversiveOne because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Well.. That's the wrong song titles!

Here is the song titles.
Marving Gaye - In Our Lifetime

Added: OOpps.. :-) Now I saw that you meant the cover art.
Who made the cover art? That would be interesting to know..

edit on 2012-10-10 by tomten because: Correction. Added more,

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
The problem with symbolism and art, is that the artist necessarily creates interesting symbolism. They are intentionally reaching out to their viewers. The fact that is says "In our lifetime?" and the fact that some of that stuff came to pass is just common sense. I wonder if in my lifetime I will get to see cars that drive themselves on the highway? There is a lot of technology that says I probably will. I just predicted the future. If I were to do an album cover today, I could put that on it. I could also put a picture of Big Ben or the Eiffel Tower in peril, and within a decade or two it would develop some meaning. I could put a new set of pyramids on a map of Egypt, and sure enough, someone would discover some new pyramids. I could put people protesting, people starving, mothers with babies, a sheath of wheat, a comet, a volcano, a flood, a red sky.... it is all going to have meaning sooner or later.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   
WaltDisney, those further images you showed just simply show the WTC.

They include nothing about it being destroyed, they show no planes in sight, they show no hints of anything.

They're included in music videos like so many other landmarks... because they're just that. Landmarks.

The only difference is these have been blown up unlike other landmarks like the Eiffel Tower for example.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Ever see the Beatle's Sgt. Pepper album cover?
Almost everone pictured on it are dead.

Prediction? You decide.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
I think the true genius or prophectic ability is with the Artist that designed the cover as opposed to the singer/songwriter, unless of course they to decided what went into the graphic or even a culmination of the two resulting in a prophetic iconary.... The singer/songwriter and his music being the muse for the actual artist.

BTW no. 6: 2041, just a heads up

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   
In the picture of this album there is a mushroom firing a laser beam (possibly in our future?)

i preferred his other stuff. this album was a bit crap. which is probably why no-one bought it! he should have stayed with the commodores.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join