It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Marvin Gaye Album Cover predicts future?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+38 more 
posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Keep in mind this came out in 1981

Observations

1. World Trade Center is blown up - 9/11
2. Houses are flooded - Hurricane Katrina
3. Tanks - war
4. Nuclear plants - pollution
5. Protesters - Occupy or possibly a future protest
6. UFO's coming out of the sky - maybe in our future
7. Duality checkered table cloth - elite symbolism
8. Earth split in half?? - Devil looks to have the larger part of Earth

What do you think? The album is titled: In our Lifetime?
edit on 9-10-2012 by waltdisney because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
I'm sure most know this...I started looking up symbols on the Album for meaning... The butterfly caught my attention given the theme.

It’s connection with the soul is rather fitting. We are all on a long journey of the soul. On this journey we encounter endless turns, shifts, and conditions that cause us to morph into ever-finer beings. At our soul-journey’s end we are inevitably changed – not at all the same as when we started on the path.

Butterfly animal symbolism

This qoate in the article has a lot to do w/ the belief concerning spiritual enlightenment/2012/Mayan...in my humblest of opinions...

Overwhelmingly, cultural myth and lore honor the butterfly as a symbol of transformation because of its impressive process of metamorphosis.

This is a trippy cover!!! Good find. Your Album? I have a bunch of 70 Albums my mom saved from Segar to YMCA village boys...men....lol. Makes me want to pull the box out and look at the covers....almost. It's packed away...lol

Anyways...S&F...this is cool! Btw..what kind of flower/vine is that on the chair??

Olive? As the dove has a branch of it.
edit on 9-10-2012 by tracehd1 because: Add

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Don't forget the earthquakes that are represented as well.

There's alot of esoteric symbolism going on in the album cover.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by waltdisney

a bit far fetched i think......

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
9. That Marvin Gaye would be dead by the time these things came to pass.
Fun OP! its thought provoking.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by tracehd1

Btw..what kind of flower/vine is that on the chair??

I believe that is a trumpet vine.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Could the checkered table cloth be a chess board in which good and evil are playing their global game

Interesting connections thus far

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Henassy

Far- fetched? Everything it shows is happening...at least explain why you feel that way?

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   

this is a perfect album cover,,,,, real cool!!.,.,,. showing the yin and yang.,,.,.

i wouldnt say the explosion of nyc is a prediction of 911..... you see the statue of liberty on top of the explosion? in my mind this is more symbolic of destruction of liberty......

its titled in our life time,,,,, to me,,, obviously hinting at the "end of days,, revelations"
edit on 9-10-2012 by ImaFungi because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Yes. Obviously this was designed with the intention of us finding it 30 years later so we could all say:

They knew, and they tried to tell us but we didn't listen!

By the way, I have a nice scenic painting in my hallway of a snowy field and a barn. Because of it I am most certainly buying a shovel and coat this year. Can't fool me!

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Don't forget the butterfly.

The butterfly symbolizes transformation and joy. Its dance reflects the need for movement from where we are to our next phase of being.

link

Overwhelmingly, cultural myth and lore honor the butterfly as a symbol of transformation because of its impressive process of metamorphosis.

Greece doesn’t corner the market on associating the butterfly with the soul. Here are a few other ancient cultures that associated this elegant creature with the soul:

Asian (central)
Mexican – Aztec
New Zealand
Zaire

Even Christianity considers the butterfly a soulful symbol. To wit, the butterfly is depicted on ancient Christian tombs, as Christ has been illustrated holding a butterfly in Christian art.

It’s connection with the soul is rather fitting. We are all on a long journey of the soul. On this journey we encounter endless turns, shifts, and conditions that cause us to morph into ever-finer beings. At our soul-journey’s end we are inevitably changed – not at all the same as when we started on the path.

link
and "Project Monarch"

a program funded by the Central Intelligence Agency to research the use of drugs for intelligence purposes.[

link

another example of this symbolizm in pop music by the king himself.

Probably the most obvious and disturbing symbol is the Monarch Butterfly on his left shoulder, which represents in pop occult symbolism, Monarch programming, a form of trauma-based mind control. Many details about Michael Jackson’s life remain obscure. He is however a prime example of a young star being recruited by the Industry and most probably submitted to Monarch programming. In his last years however, MJ broke out from his control and even started to speak out against the evils of the industry. This breakout might explain his “mysterious” death.

Read more: www.disclose.tv...

link

Great find O.P.
Fascinating stuff for those with eyes to see.
This is precisely why they do it in this manner.
They can tell you EXACTLY EVERYTHING they plan on doing and at the same time giving you the option not to hear it,see it, or believe it, thus not violating your free will but, gaining your consent thru your silence.

edit on 9-10-2012 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
If you notice the UFO's are coming to earth while all the way to the right you have what appears to be a shuttle LEAVING Earth. The Earth is split between good and evil with smoke pouring out of the middle. The funny thing is the good and evil are sitting at the same table and appear to be the same person! The Masonic table cloth. The nuclear reactors are cracked and in ruins. People are protesting. The military is sending in tanks. There is a flood. The Earth is severely cracked (earthquake??). There is lightning and black clouds (severe weather?). The city exploding in the middle is definitely New York City because the Statue of Liberty is flying through the air.

I'm trying to figure out what the purple armband represents (royalty? benevolence?)

Did I miss anything?

This album cover is very Allegorical. I love it!!

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   

www.art.com...
AT AVELEY ESSEX JOHN AND SUSAN DAY ARE ABDUCTED WITH THEIR CHILD AND THEIR CAR ABOARD A UFO

Another piece of art by Neil Breeden ,
The artist who designed the cover for the Album in the OP
Just a link incase your curious or want to dig deeper into the artists inspiration,motive ,agenda?

ufoexperiences.blogspot.com.au...
edit on 9-10-2012 by 12voltz because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Yes. Obviously this was designed with the intention of us finding it 30 years later so we could all say: They knew, and they tried to tell us but we didn't listen!
reply to post by sputniksteve

The album is titled "In Our Lifetime?", not "In Our Lifetime". It is a question not a statement. As far as the events depicted, people have been discussing end times for centuries. Anyone who's read the bible could draw half of that stuff. If you were to draw a picture of the end of the world what would YOU include in it?

That being said, this album cover is spot on with some of these pictures.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Allegorical

Good theory, those tanks do seem to be arriving in Marshal Law fashion. The UFO's arriving and space shuttle leaving is weird too.

If anyone is interested, Marvin Gaye was killed by his own Dad. Here is how:

On March 31, 1984, Gaye and his parents were involved in an argument over misplaced business documents, which occurred in Gaye's bedroom.[79] After Gaye ordered his father out of the room, his father retreated. The next day, April 1, Gaye's parents started arguing again, with Gaye's father yelling from downstairs. After he refused his son's request to directly talk to his mother, Gaye advised his father to not enter his room. When Gaye's father marched upstairs to argue with Gaye's mother, Gaye began physically dominating his father, shoving him, knocking him down and kicking him.[79] Only after Gaye's mother intervened and separated the two did Gaye retreat back to his room.[80] At approximately 11:38 am, Gaye's father entered Gaye's room and shot at Gaye twice with a .38 caliber Smith & Wesson revolver. The first shot, which proved to be fatal, according to his later autopsy, was said to have entered the right side of Marvin's chest.

???

1997 MJ

edit on 9-10-2012 by waltdisney because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by waltdisney
reply to post by Allegorical

Great theory, those tanks do seem to be arriving in Marshal Law fashion. The UFO's arriving and space shuttle leaving is weird too.

If anyone is interested, Marvin Gaye was killed by his own Dad. Here is how:

On March 31, 1984, Gaye and his parents were involved in an argument over misplaced business documents, which occurred in Gaye's bedroom.[79] After Gaye ordered his father out of the room, his father retreated. The next day, April 1, Gaye's parents started arguing again, with Gaye's father yelling from downstairs. After he refused his son's request to directly talk to his mother, Gaye advised his father to not enter his room. When Gaye's father marched upstairs to argue with Gaye's mother, Gaye began physically dominating his father, shoving him, knocking him down and kicking him.[79] Only after Gaye's mother intervened and separated the two did Gaye retreat back to his room.[80] At approximately 11:38 am, Gaye's father entered Gaye's room and shot at Gaye twice with a .38 caliber Smith & Wesson revolver. The first shot, which proved to be fatal, according to his later autopsy, was said to have entered the right side of Marvin's chest.

???

what an A-hole move by pops.,..,., think of how many millions marvin gaye most likely provided his family with...

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   
With all due respect, as with a lot of album covers there is a lot of generalised things going on in the cover.

Buildings being blown up.
Aliens coming.
Tanks rolling.
The devil.
Flooding.

I think it's just another case of people seeing what they want. I may be wrong however.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Liamoville

Who WANTS to see this stuff?
Honestly?
I certainly don't.
I'm sure you could talk to plenty of people who didn't WANT to wake up to see little grey men standing above them taking them onboard their ship to give them an ANAL probe, but.....there the F they were.

There are plenty of people (myself included) who don't WANT to see all of the evidence pointing to the idea that our government was directly involved in bringing about the events of September 11, 2001, .....but.....there the "F" it is, justa starin' us all right in the face.

I would much rather be like you and NOT BE ABLE to see it, believe me.
Unfortunately, I was created with 20/20 vision and everything is crystal clear.
When you lay down tonight to go to sleep, pray to whomever you pray to, and thank your creator for making you blind, cuz there aint' nothin' to see here that anyone in his right mind would WANT to see!!!!

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Screwed

Who WANTS to see this stuff?
Honestly?
I certainly don't.
I'm sure you could talk to plenty of people who didn't WANT to wake up to see little grey men standing above them taking them onboard their ship to give them an ANAL probe, but.....there the F they were.

There are plenty of people (myself included) who don't WANT to see all of the evidence pointing to the idea that our government was directly involved in bringing about the events of September 11, 2001, .....but.....there the "F" it is, justa starin' us all right in the face.

I would much rather be like you and NOT BE ABLE to see it, believe me.
Unfortunately, I was created with 20/20 vision and everything is crystal clear.
When you lay down tonight to go to sleep, pray to whomever you pray to, and thank your creator for making you blind, cuz there aint' nothin' to see here that anyone in his right mind would WANT to see!!!!

And people wonder why conspiracy theorists are mocked in the general public eye.

The fact 9/11 may have been or was an inside job is irrelevant to this subject. I believe it was but that's not relating to this album cover.

My point is that nothing in that album is specific. It's always generalised subjects.

Show me an album cover from the 1980's where the WTC specifically is being blown up? Show me an album cover from the 1980's where there is a specific image relating to Hurricane Katrina? Show me an album cover from the 1980's that relates to anything specific that has happened and i'll be inclined to believe there is some truth in it.

I could make an album cover today and put some explosions on it, some flooding, add in a few tanks and UFO's and i'm sure in 30 years time people could link those images to something that has happened since.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Show me an album cover from the 1980's that relates to anything specific that has happened and i'll be inclined to believe there is some truth in it.

I'm not sure, it may be just me but.....I don't know if anyone really cares one way or the other what you DO or DO NOT believe.

It isn't mine or anyone elses job to "Show You" anything.
You need to show YOURSELF!
If you are comfortable with what you think you know then take it from me, you are better off there.
Don't go probing around asking questions that you don't want the answers to.
I wish I could go back to where you are now.
You are luckier than you realize.

Just stay where you are.
You'll be better off.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join