It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Marvin Gaye Album Cover predicts future?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by waltdisney

That album cover contains all the main subject matter discussed today on the internet.

Marvin Gaye, "Whats going on?" Catch the lyrics in the description section on YouTube

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by tetra50

I could be wrong, of course, but I think your first two Madonna pictures with Manhattan in the background, depict the towers in two different locations on the island. Yes, I mean they are geographically in one area in one pic, and in another area of the island in the other. Which would nod to a "do-over......"

Wait till your hear this.

Spice Girls 1996. They have a song called "2 become 1"..................

There is a music video.

As if the title wasnt blatant enough, they show the World Trade Center obscured, as if its 1 tower. Like it is today.................
edit on 9-10-2012 by waltdisney because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by waltdisney
1. World Trade Center is blown up - 9/11

Stretch.

2. Houses are flooded - Hurricane Katrina

Stretch.

3. Tanks - war

Generic.

4. Nuclear plants - pollution

Generic.

5. Protesters - Occupy or possibly a future protest

Generic.

6. UFO's coming out of the sky - maybe in our future

"Maybe"

7. Duality checkered table cloth - elite symbolism

Generic.

8. Earth split in half?? - Devil looks to have the larger part of Earth

Huh?

What do you think? The album is titled: In our Lifetime?

Here's an album cover that foretold the future (I have a still sealed copy -- pre-ordered it
)

Album was released on 9/11/2001, immediately recalled and new artwork issued, but they'd already mailed me my copy.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   
So lets assume you all are right and someone in the music/entertainment industry planted all these album covers 20 years ago. I want to play with dialogue and see how this could have gone:

Evil NWO guy1: Listen here see, in 20-30 years some Arabs are going to fly a plane into those 2 buildings. For the sake of entertaining people on the interwebs I want you to add in some shots or pictures of these 2 towers, or maybe one of them on fire or something like that. Yeah go ahead and put them right on that album cover artwork. That should do it. Perfect. They will never suspect anything until it is too late. Muwahhahaaahhaa.

Evil NWO guy2: I heard you are directing a Madonna video later today Bob. I need you to go ahead and make sure you get the World Trade Towers in your video background somewhere. No I can't tell you why this is important. Just know that 20-30 years from now it will all make sense.

I know it is not important to the theory for any of this to make sense, but out of curiosity how do you guys think it went down? Who makes these decisions? Are the same people that planned 911 30 years ago the same people that made Madonna put the Towers in her video and some failed rappers pose in front of a CGI tower blowing up?

So is any image of the twin towers in any media since 1980 suspect? Is any image of flooding prior to 2011 indicative of Katrina? At what point do you stop looking at images as clues? Is the bible flood actually foretelling Katrina flood?

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by sputniksteve

... a man after my own heart, lol.

For me, it's the worth of my Dream Theater cd, a "Beatles Butcher Block" collector's item (on a much lower scale, of course.)

No, for some reason, there was a bit of fascination with imagery associated with New York being on fire, or destroyed, which was pseudo-obvious, but which, post-9/11, seemed more prophetic than it should.

The most ridiculous example was Party Music by the hip-hop outfit The Coup, which was supposed to be released in September 2001, with this artwork:

Commentary here

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Telling ya'll right now, buy a coat. Dude predicted a snow storm, like 20 years ago. Ish is gonna happen this year for sure. If not it will mos def happen next year. Or sometime. It will happen. All 12 inches of it.

Most likely foretelling HARP.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Liamoville
Now my question.... Why put these messages on obscure album covers, most of which look like a badly done job in Photoshop (granted they're from the 80/90's) and most of the artists we've never heard of?

I'm sure you've heard of Jay-Z, Madonna, P Diddy even the Simpsons.

^^This music video is called No Time, filmed entirely INSIDE the World Trade Center. (Puff Daddy)

9/11

^ Music video filmed on Top of WTC

9/11 (1997 episode)

Seriously, watch the video i posted above- there are MANY weird scenes involving the World Trade Center before 2001.

so with this post you're suggesting that simply including the twin towers in something is proof that they where hinting at it's destruction? couldn't possibly be a landmark in a popular skyline?

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by mahatche
so with this post you're suggesting that simply including the twin towers in something is proof that they where hinting at it's destruction? couldn't possibly be a landmark in a popular skyline?

You think that two albums (Dream Theater, The Coup) that were supposed to be released in early September 2001 that featured artwork depicting the Twin Towers being destroyed is not relevant?

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by waltdisney

So from where was this information acquired from in 1981? Surely not found all in one place.
I'd say someone was very much enlightened.
Nice Post
SnF

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by adjensen

You think that two albums (Dream Theater, The Coup) that were supposed to be released in early September 2001 that featured artwork depicting the Twin Towers being destroyed is not relevant?

I didn't quote those picture, and said "so with this post" meaning i was specifically speaking of the evidence he is putting forth in that post.

If you guys really believe that album covers are predicting the future, and hope to educate people on it, then you have an obligation to not discredit yourselves by stretch the facts. Simply showing the twin towers on something isn't the same as a cover that shows them exploding.

edit on 9-10-2012 by mahatche because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   

If you guys really believe that album covers are predicting the future, and hope to educate people on it, then you have an obligation to not discredit yourselves by stretch the facts. Simply showing the twin towers on something isn't the same as a cover that shows them exploding.

The two that I showed were one on fire (Dream Theater) and one exploding (The Coup). Does this mean anything? Not really, in my opinion, but I toss them in as an example of album cover symbolism.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by adjensen

The two that I showed were one on fire (Dream Theater) and one exploding (The Coup). Does this mean anything? Not really, in my opinion, but I toss them in as an example of album cover symbolism.

ok and i didn't quote you.

As for as The Coup goes Boots Riley is an unapologetic communist and says he originally created the cover art as a symbol for his hatred of capitalism. Remember, 9/11 wasn't the first time the WTC was attacked, it's always been a very symbolic building, it's not that unlikely to believe someone could come up with a non 9/11 related use for it.

So whose to say boots version is a lie and he really did it to warn us about 9/11?

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   

So whose to say boots version is a lie and he really did it to warn us about 9/11?

No one, and that was kind of my point.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   
I know this is a bit woo woo for some of you, but this is our collective subconscious screaming at us. Just as your subconscious can "sense" something coming before your consciousness is aware of it, our artistic "random selection" inspirations will frequently give us glimpses of what's brewing underneath. The artist doesn't have to be aware of it, but if they ARE aware of the archetypes at play in world wide symbolism, their inspiration from their/our subconscious is able to more readily utilize them in ways that others familiar with the archetypes and symbolism can also recognize.

Oracles didn't really know what they were talking about when they talked about it, it was "inspired". If you embrace consciousness being broader than the human skull, so much of this "Why would they do that?" makes more sense and actually becomes exceedingly simple and obvious when you look around.

This is able to be understood in particular if you've ever experienced some form of creative expression that was totally outside of your immediate understanding/consciousness that winds up being uncannily relevant down the road. It happens to me all the time now, in particular once I opened my mind to the possibility and stopped automatically dismissing it.

You get from the collective subconscious what you put in. If you put in "I don't believe in you", you get back silence.
edit on 10-10-2012 by ErgoTheConclusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Screwed
I'm sure you could talk to plenty of people who didn't WANT to wake up to see little grey men standing above them taking them onboard their ship to give them an ANAL probe, but.....there the F they were.

This is my new official all time favorite quote.

Copied, saved and recorded for all time!

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   

reply to post by Allegorical

Good theory, those tanks do seem to be arriving in Marshal Law fashion. The UFO's arriving and space shuttle leaving is weird too.

If anyone is interested, Marvin Gaye was killed by his own Dad. Here is how:

On March 31, 1984, Gaye and his parents were involved in an argument over misplaced business documents, which occurred in Gaye's bedroom.[79] After Gaye ordered his father out of the room, his father retreated. The next day, April 1, Gaye's parents started arguing again, with Gaye's father yelling from downstairs. After he refused his son's request to directly talk to his mother, Gaye advised his father to not enter his room. When Gaye's father marched upstairs to argue with Gaye's mother, Gaye began physically dominating his father, shoving him, knocking him down and kicking him.[79] Only after Gaye's mother intervened and separated the two did Gaye retreat back to his room.[80] At approximately 11:38 am, Gaye's father entered Gaye's room and shot at Gaye twice with a .38 caliber Smith & Wesson revolver. The first shot, which proved to be fatal, according to his later autopsy, was said to have entered the right side of Marvin's chest.

???

1997 MJ

I noticed something pretty interesting in that MJ album cover...I'm pretty certain that is the new york skyline...and I'm pretty confused as why there are no towers...as that would be artistically, and logically the main identifier and attraction of even using the NY skyline in the first place...

I say I am almost certian that is the NY skyline because of the domed top building as well as the pyramid topped building...
such as in the bottom left corner of this pic...

edit to add: also notice how he titled it specifically "HIStory In The Mix"...HIS..story...I'm sorry but I find that pretty damn interesting that he would do that...
edit on 10-10-2012 by Sly1one because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by sputniksteve
So lets assume you all are right and someone in the music/entertainment industry planted all these album covers 20 years ago. I want to play with dialogue and see how this could have gone:

Evil NWO guy1: Listen here see, in 20-30 years some Arabs are going to fly a plane into those 2 buildings. For the sake of entertaining people on the interwebs I want you to add in some shots or pictures of these 2 towers, or maybe one of them on fire or something like that. Yeah go ahead and put them right on that album cover artwork. That should do it. Perfect. They will never suspect anything until it is too late. Muwahhahaaahhaa.

Evil NWO guy2: I heard you are directing a Madonna video later today Bob. I need you to go ahead and make sure you get the World Trade Towers in your video background somewhere. No I can't tell you why this is important. Just know that 20-30 years from now it will all make sense.

I know it is not important to the theory for any of this to make sense, but out of curiosity how do you guys think it went down? Who makes these decisions? Are the same people that planned 911 30 years ago the same people that made Madonna put the Towers in her video and some failed rappers pose in front of a CGI tower blowing up?

So is any image of the twin towers in any media since 1980 suspect? Is any image of flooding prior to 2011 indicative of Katrina? At what point do you stop looking at images as clues? Is the bible flood actually foretelling Katrina flood?

It's human nature to put 2 and 2 together to make 4. Our brains have evolved to the state of constant problem solving. If no problem, find a problem. Solve it.

It's a complicated paradigm that we live in, since we have no actual problems we feel capable of solving.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Oh really.... take a reality pill.

A five year old could draw a picture of world events and given long enough you'd believe that child prophetic as well.

Woohhhhhooooooo !

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Interesting find OP, definitely thought provoking!

What about the red flag that one of the crowd appear to be holding? Also the red flags on the tanks? Could this be a warning sign?

S&F for you!

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 04:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sly1one

reply to post by Allegorical

Good theory, those tanks do seem to be arriving in Marshal Law fashion. The UFO's arriving and space shuttle leaving is weird too.

If anyone is interested, Marvin Gaye was killed by his own Dad. Here is how:

On March 31, 1984, Gaye and his parents were involved in an argument over misplaced business documents, which occurred in Gaye's bedroom.[79] After Gaye ordered his father out of the room, his father retreated. The next day, April 1, Gaye's parents started arguing again, with Gaye's father yelling from downstairs. After he refused his son's request to directly talk to his mother, Gaye advised his father to not enter his room. When Gaye's father marched upstairs to argue with Gaye's mother, Gaye began physically dominating his father, shoving him, knocking him down and kicking him.[79] Only after Gaye's mother intervened and separated the two did Gaye retreat back to his room.[80] At approximately 11:38 am, Gaye's father entered Gaye's room and shot at Gaye twice with a .38 caliber Smith & Wesson revolver. The first shot, which proved to be fatal, according to his later autopsy, was said to have entered the right side of Marvin's chest.

???

1997 MJ

I noticed something pretty interesting in that MJ album cover...I'm pretty certain that is the new york skyline...and I'm pretty confused as why there are no towers...as that would be artistically, and logically the main identifier and attraction of even using the NY skyline in the first place...

I say I am almost certian that is the NY skyline because of the domed top building as well as the pyramid topped building...
such as in the bottom left corner of this pic...

edit to add: also notice how he titled it specifically "HIStory In The Mix"...HIS..story...I'm sorry but I find that pretty damn interesting that he would do that...

Maybe the towers are the dust cloud in the background. The checkered floor could also symbolise water/flood. Blood on the dance floor, is he dancing on the city?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join