It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOP Candidate Endorses Death Penalty For Rebellious Children

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   
And to think that this guy has the balls to label the Taliban as a terrorist organization while professing his religious belief that it's OK to kill rebellious children. WOW!!!

Actually IMO, Christianity and Islam are quite similar in some ways. I remember when it was frowned upon for women to wear pants and young girls weren't allowed to wear pants to school unless the outside temperature was below freezing. I also see a striking similarity between the "habit" worn by Catholic nuns and the burka worn by Islamic women. In Christianity, the woman is expected to remain subservient to her male counterpart throughout her life, just like the women of Islam.

Both Christianity and Islam, if not all religions, are professed for the sole purpose of maintaining control over people in general and more specifically, over women. In other words, it's merely a tool utilized by controlling men to insure their continued dominance over others, even if it means killing them to do so. Now that's a message of unconditional love if I ever heard one!

I'm telling you, the GOP is selecting it's candidates straight out of "One Flew Over The Cuckoos Nest."

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
lol, come on really, lol no really , hahah COME ON NOW REALLY? hahahahaha, gets up off the floor, i swear to god(or at least someones god) there is a contest to see what government member can make the biggest ass out of themselves. i thought the women cant get pregnant from rape was great, i think this one might have just taken the cake "theres a passage in the bible that describes how we could do it" what and f ing idiot, and that poeple, is the reason why all religions need to be done away with, because it allows for complete jackasses, to get in power and follow these freaking fairy tales, wipes tear from face laughing so hard at FAIL amerika. i mean really when people are applying for these positions of power is there like a big rainbow magic hat every one just sticks hand in and picks a number or a straw and boom you win?

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   
What a fruitcake!. What would be even worse is if Arkansas votes him in! Now that would be saying something awful.
second
edit on 8-10-2012 by Gridrebel because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Don't know if it has been mentioned yet, but Battle Royale came to mind for me.

A sickening movie, but with a pertinent concept and a consideration of darker human nature on a societal level. Would such an horrific idea really be impossible in light of a "reasonable", "ordinary" population? Or is such a despicable arrangement just a twist or two away in the way society operates in its bid to fit the changing world?
edit on 8/10/2012 by Recouper because: (no reason given)

edit on 8/10/2012 by Recouper because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   
I endorse the death penalty for ignorant, out of control, politicians.

If this idiot thinks its okay to murder kids for being rebellious, then it probably wouldn't take much of a leap for him to endorse the death penalty for "rebellious" liberty loving American adults as well.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Here's more information about Charlie Fuqua from talk2action.org:

First, Fuqua is not advocating just any form of execution. By citing those verses from Deuteronomy, candidate Fuqua is recommending stoning rebellious children to death. Here is the scripture Fuqua cites, Deuteronomy 21, verses 18-21, from the King James Version of the Bible:

"18 If a man have a stubborn and rebellious son, which will not obey the voice of his father, or the voice of his mother, and that, when they have chastened him, will not hearken unto them:

19 Then shall his father and his mother lay hold on him, and bring him out unto the elders of his city, and unto the gate of his place;

20 And they shall say unto the elders of his city, This our son is stubborn and rebellious, he will not obey our voice; he is a glutton, and a drunkard.

21 And all the men of his city shall stone him with stones, that he die: so shalt thou put evil away from among you; and all Israel shall hear, and fear."

Next, Fuqua's view that the American legal system should be based on Biblical Law identifies him as a type of Christian Reconstructionist. On Fuqua's website for his book, he explains,

"Everything that is wrong with the United States will be corrected only when we turn back to the Biblical principles followed by our founding fathers. The prophets of the Bible told Israel that the nation would suffer as a result of disobedience to God's law. It is no different today. God made the universe and the laws that govern it. Disobedience of those laws always produces bad consequences."

AR Republican Charlie Fuqua Advocates Stoning Rebellious Children, Per Deuteronomy
edit on 8-10-2012 by ssj2gohan83 because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-10-2012 by ssj2gohan83 because: Fixed link

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Well, never let it be said that ignorance mixed with stupidity itself and spread liberally with fanaticism doesn't exist on all sides and in generous numbers. Far TOO generous....and why does Arkansas have more than it's fair share? You know, I actually thought of "Dog Patch" as being a derogatory term until I saw it on a road sign in northern Arkansas with a mileage next to it for how far I had to go to see it.

Oh..So close yet so far. In some ways I wouldn't mind seeing immigration control between Arkansas and Missouri. There are some friggen whackos in the hills down there. Look there! One is running for office!

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ
reply to post by jibeho

Fundamentalists are often the same, no matter what religion they claim to belong to. It's about time the sane rest of us ignore those village idiots.

Listen to some of the hardcore Christian fundamentalists like Pat Robertson...and then compare it with the average Taliban...not all that different.

Frank Schaeffer does a good job at summing it up. Obviously talking about Christianity, but the same goes for ALL fundamentalists in ALL countries:

edit on 8-10-2012 by MrXYZ because: (no reason given)

Which is exactly why religion and politics must never, ever be merged in any western country..!!

They are as bad as the hardline islamists in every way, shape and form.

All it will take, is for just one hardcore christian to be elected US president and it's all over. Simple, don't let the religious freaks in.. period!!

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by mahatche

So when is it okay to kill kids?? I mean a fetus is only a fetus if the woman decides its a fetus so they can abort it... if the fetus is still at a stage where it can be called a fetus but if the fetus dies in the accident you can call it murder a couple won a law suit because of the horrible accident caused by a drunk driver and blamed the driver for killing their unborn child.

so when exactly is a fetus a person or just a fetus that can be discarded. because it seems people can just seem to pick and choose when a life is a life and a life isn't a life.

Abortion of unwanted fetuses by choice because either you cannot afford it you were to young or whatever will escalate to having people decide for you if you can reproduce or not. I bet there are plenty of you are would readily tout whoshould not procreate. You do not think there would be some people who would love to dictate who can or who cant'??

I think there should be choice but supporting abortion where you shove it down other peoples throat is a slippery slope. I think it is also selfish becaue the mentality of " well i do not want to pay for some kid who is born into welfare or some bull like that" while i agree i do not want to have to put up with a woman who does not know when to stop having kids I think there is a better solution.

people who typically have kids with no regard and no responsiblity are encouraged to abort It is an easy solution but I have seen the result of kids beign born into crappy situations and turning out alright. They may not mean much to you who never meet them but they are the world others.

My uncle who married my mothers oldest sister was the son of a town whore. he had a crappy life and ended up being put in an orphanage and care for by many different people. basically a burden to many. Now he is a loving father and husband with some pretty good kids who have gone and had successful families.

Had she aborted my aunt would have probably stayed with her two timing ex husband who used to beat her and her son.

I am srue fore every happy ending there is a crappy one... and some of those crappy endings are the ones where they are aborted.

Abortion should be a choice but viewing any opposition to it as stupid makes you look like some kind of a eugenics selfish freak.

edit on 8-10-2012 by votan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   
This is dude is too extreme....unless it pertains to low riding pants. In that case fry the little bastards

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   
The more religious people are, the crazier they are. Mildly religious people are slightly less than rational.

Don't believe, don't not believe. Think!

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
Can anyone point out the difference:

A functioning brain.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

A functioning brain.

All the stars and applause...ever

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

A functioning brain.

"Someone" would make big money being the spokesperson for a helmet company...

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Really what is the beef here?

Unlike abortion there is actually a protocol /

Killing children is evil!!!!

Abortion is not!.

Uh quite the double standard But The dude is a dumb as a box of rocks.

Behave or die!
Be conceived and die!.
edit on 8-10-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

I really hope you understand the difference between a fetus and a fully grown human

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by votan

So when is it okay to kill kids?? I mean a fetus is only a fetus if the woman decides its a fetus so they can abort it... if the fetus is still at a stage where it can be called a fetus but if the fetus dies in the accident you can call it murder a couple won a law suit because of the horrible accident caused by a drunk driver and blamed the driver for killing their unborn child.

so when exactly is a fetus a person or just a fetus that can be discarded. because it seems people can just seem to pick and choose when a life is a life and a life isn't a life.

Abortion of unwanted fetuses by choice because either you cannot afford it you were to young or whatever will escalate to having people decide for you if you can reproduce or not. I bet there are plenty of you are would readily tout whoshould not procreate. You do not think there would be some people who would love to dictate who can or who cant'??

I think there should be choice but supporting abortion where you shove it down other peoples throat is a slippery slope. I think it is also selfish becaue the mentality of " well i do not want to pay for some kid who is born into welfare or some bull like that" while i agree i do not want to have to put up with a woman who does not know when to stop having kids I think there is a better solution.

people who typically have kids with no regard and no responsiblity are encouraged to abort It is an easy solution but I have seen the result of kids beign born into crappy situations and turning out alright. They may not mean much to you who never meet them but they are the world others.

My uncle who married my mothers oldest sister was the son of a town whore. he had a crappy life and ended up being put in an orphanage and care for by many different people. basically a burden to many. Now he is a loving father and husband with some pretty good kids who have gone and had successful families.

Had she aborted my aunt would have probably stayed with her two timing ex husband who used to beat her and her son.

I am srue fore every happy ending there is a crappy one... and some of those crappy endings are the ones where they are aborted.

Abortion should be a choice but viewing any opposition to it as stupid makes you look like some kind of a eugenics selfish freak.

I'd prefer if this thread didn't switch to a discussion on abortion, but where did I say I viewed any opposition to abortion as stupid? I think this guy is stupid for being anti abortion, while basically endorsing the killing of older kids. That's a major intellectual inconsistency, but I fully understand what people don't like about it. It's a difficult issue.

When it comes to abortion I can't tell a woman who was raped that she MUST keep the kid. If she does and she loves it, that's great. I admire anyone with the strength to do it, but I know everyone handles things differently, and some can't handle it.

When the mother has a health issue that can cause her to die if she gives birth, I don't have it in me to force her to go through with it and just embrace her own death. I won't demonize anyone for choosing self preservation.

I'd prefer if people chose adoption over abortion, and wouldn't support anyone aborting one of my kids, but I still can't ban abortion. As unfortunate as it is, I'd rather have a doctor do it than someone in an alley with a coat hanger. It's the same reason I supported Jack Kevorkian. Suicide sucks and I hate the idea of anyone I know killing themselves, but a few have, and it would have been better for them to go to a doctor instead of blowing their brains out, or hanging themselves and leaving their family traumatized by the gruesome discovery.
edit on 9-10-2012 by mahatche because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Hm, anyone else notice the lack of replies to this thread from christian members that lurk in the rocks of ATS ?

Normally by now there's page after page of "Well he's not a true christian" clumped with never ending bible quotes somehow trying to prove that the jesus god changed the rules.

The christian silence is somewhat deafening and telling, I would like to think they're hanging their heads in shame but are more likely covering their eyes and humming jesus wants me for a sunbeam in lala land waiting for this thread to go away so they can get back on their soap boxes.

One thing we should all teach our children - Never ever trust a christian, because you never know which parts of the bibles they will take literally or when their god will tell them to kill you.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 04:48 AM
link   

This is terrible. Similarities between Sharia law and Christian morals seem to be growing exponentially...

I'm not sure what the agenda behind it all is. Does he really believe this?

Is he just a leech, tapping in and saying what conservatives (not necessarily the political party) want to hear?

But seriously. Rebellion. Who can stand it? It makes people think, makes people get out and lead, makes people indiviuals. And children being rebellious? Oh god, no. Let's just kill them.

While we're at it, let's kill everyone else. Mmm, but wait....
edit on 9-10-2012 by Shypeir because: mistake

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChristianJihad

Hm, anyone else notice the lack of replies to this thread from christian members that lurk in the rocks of ATS ?

Well..

If a man hold beliefs like his in as modern, enlightened and highly developed society, he most likely does so because he is a whackjob, not because he is a man of faith - thus it should be his fellow nutters and whackjobs who should defend him, for it is those that he represent.

(and yes, I also think it would be wrong to judge, say, Islam and Judaism by their Charlie Fuquas)

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 05:08 AM
link   
Now dont stereotype Republicans as to the likes of this guy- you Democrats are better than that arent you? Dont you hate it when they do it to you? Of course you do.

That said. This guy is off of his rocker.

I think unruly teens need to be put in bootcamp, not deathcamp.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join