It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOP Candidate Endorses Death Penalty For Rebellious Children

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+20 more 
posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
If anyone had any doubt that a Christian equivalent to the Taliban is out there, read this. It's incredible, he fears sharia law, but wants the be the christian version. He is anti-abortion but ok with killing teens.

Charlie Fuqua, the Republican candidate for the Arkansas House of Representatives who called for expelling Muslims from the United States in his book, also wrote in support for instituting the death penalty for "rebellious children."

In "God's Law," Fuqua's 2012 book, the candidate wrote that while parents love their children, a process could be set up to allow for the institution of the death penalty for "rebellious children," according to the Arkansas Times. Fuqua, who is anti-abortion, points out that the course of action involved in sentencing a child to death is described in the Bible and would involve judicial approval. While it is unlikely that many parents would seek to have their children killed by the government, Fuqua wrote, such power would serve as a way to stop rebellious children.

read the full story
www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
"Do your homework or I'll have you killed..."

Might work better than taking away internet time.

Peace

+7 more 
posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Talk about delusional -

"I think my views are fairly well-accepted by most people," Fuqua said to AP.

Where did he find this most people he speaks of, convicted child murderers?
Fine, let's take his argument. He says you are to take rebellious children to the elders of the city and let them decide. How about if they find the kid in the right they have the right to execute the parents?

I sometimes wonder if they don't purposefully allow people like this to run for office to keep the masses distracted from the other evils going on. I find it hard to imagine any sane group actually backing someone like this.

I think this dude missed the boat and should've joined Westboro Baptist Church.

Little Tommy forgot to make his bed before school on Monday.
On Tuesday his classmates wondered where little Tommy was.

edit on 8-10-2012 by Asktheanimals because: added comment

+24 more 
posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Dunno what people are complaining about...it's in the bible, it MUST be true...no?

Funny how when a Muslim terrorist does something bad quoting the Koran as a reason, suddenly there's people claiming the Koran is evil and all Muslims want to take over the West. Yet when a Christian quotes the bible and uses it a basis for his (bat# crazy) demands...well then...suddenly it's "just one crazy person"

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
Talk about delusional -

"I think my views are fairly well-accepted by most people," Fuqua said to AP.

Little Tommy forgot to make his bed before school on Monday.
On Tuesday his classmates wondered where little Tommy was.

edit on 8-10-2012 by Asktheanimals because: added comment

Not even remotely close to agreeing with this nutcase but think about how fast the youth would start turning around if maybe a Tommy or a Sally just went "Missing".

Sure puts the control back in the hands of the parents pretty quick.

Interesting scenario. Makes for a great movie plot.

Mom: "Sally didn't eat her breakfast dear"

Dad: "Where's my gun?"

Sorry but this is like a SNL skit.

Peace
edit on 8-10-2012 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Well it does happen. I had a friend who lived in a very small town. A family moved there with their teenage son who had joined a gang. They moved there to get away from the big city and get their boy out of gang life. Instead of turning his life around he started a gang with the local boys. They found him floating in the lake not long after. I certainly would not condone anything like that but at least he got to live, unlike the 40 million aborted since 1974.

+17 more 
posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmiec
Well it does happen. I had a friend who lived in a very small town. A family moved there with their teenage son who had joined a gang. They moved there to get away from the big city and get their boy out of gang life. Instead of turning his life around he started a gang with the local boys. They found him floating in the lake not long after. I certainly would not condone anything like that but at least he got to live, unlike the 40 million aborted since 1974.

Yes, what we need is more unwanted pregnancies by parents who can't take care of their kids to the point where they end up floating face down in a pond...sounds logical

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Wow! I've never heard that Christian viewpoint before. Reminds me of an Islamic Honor killing.

The study's findings indicate that honor killings accelerated significantly in a 20-year period between 1989 and 2009.[6] This may mean that honor killings are genuinely escalating, perhaps as a function of jihadist extremism and Islamic fundamentalism, or that honor killings are being more accurately reported and prosecuted, especially in the West, but also in the East. The expansion of the Internet may account for wider reporting of these incidents.

The worldwide average age of victims for the entire population is twenty-three (Table 1). This is true for all geographical regions. Thus, wherever an honor killing is committed, it is primarily a crime against young people. Just over half of these victims were daughters and sisters; about a quarter were wives and girlfriends of the perpetrators. The remainder included mothers, aunts, nieces, cousins, uncles, or non-relatives.

www.meforum.org...

All nonsense in this day and age

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Fundamentalists are often the same, no matter what religion they claim to belong to. It's about time the sane rest of us ignore those village idiots.

Listen to some of the hardcore Christian fundamentalists like Pat Robertson...and then compare it with the average Taliban...not all that different.

Frank Schaeffer does a good job at summing it up. Obviously talking about Christianity, but the same goes for ALL fundamentalists in ALL countries:

edit on 8-10-2012 by MrXYZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   
can we give those rebellous politicians the death sentence when they refuse to listen to we the people also???

it's insane that these quacks actually make it into office!!!

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by mahatche

It's one thing to say such a thing, quite another to do it. I can say that I would've been okay with Jeffrey Dahmer being put down. Hitler. John Wayne Casey. Manson.

Didn't Carroll O'Connor go after the drug dealer when his son died of an overdose? I bet he wouldn't have minded if the parents had put their son down.

What about underage pedophiles or rapists?

I think everyone in a community (EXCEPT THE PARENTS) wouldn't fight too hard to save the life of a bully terrorizing all the kids at school, or gun-toting gang members.

Again, it's one thing to say it, but I wouldn't vote for it.

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by dawnstar
can we give those rebellous politicians the death sentence when they refuse to listen to we the people also???

It's even worse...a ton of them sit on SCIENCE COMMITTEES!!

I mean, one of those guys thinks MORE rain forests should be cut down because that will prevent greenhouse gases. How on earth does someone so stupid get elected in the first place??? Even if you don't believe in global climate change, saying that cutting down more forests prevents greenhouse gases should lead to an auto-resignation. No ifs or buts...if you're THAT DUMB you deserve to be kicked out, and the same goes for this silly "let's put kids on death row if they're disobedient" clown.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Unbelievable! What is this world coming too that grown adults would actually contemplate the death penalty for children? If you can't handle the responsibility of having children then do the world a favor and don't have any. It is never the children's fault! There are unscrupulous people that use children to get back at the parents of said children by controlling them to act out. For the love of God people Wake TFU.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmiec

Both are unfortunate, but personally, I'd rather be aborted while my brain is still developing and I have no concept of life and death, than be murdered as a teen.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj
reply to post by mahatche

It's one thing to say such a thing, quite another to do it. I can say that I would've been okay with Jeffrey Dahmer being put down. Hitler. John Wayne Casey. Manson.

Didn't Carroll O'Connor go after the drug dealer when his son died of an overdose? I bet he wouldn't have minded if the parents had put their son down.

What about underage pedophiles or rapists?

I think everyone in a community (EXCEPT THE PARENTS) wouldn't fight too hard to save the life of a bully terrorizing all the kids at school, or gun-toting gang members.

Again, it's one thing to say it, but I wouldn't vote for it.

Well I don't support the death penalty, so i simply don't agree with your points. Especially not for bullies, while it sucks that kids have to deal with bullies, many bullies grow out of it, killing them would be extremely senseless.

The minds of young people are constantly going through hormonal changes, and it throws things off for a while. Only an extreme nut case would justify using that period in their life to kill them.

And he isn't only saying it, he believes god OK's it, and he is running for office in hopes to have power to influence our laws to allow it. That's pretty damn scary to me. I'm completely against anything that resembles a theocracy for any religion, especially when it includes such extremist points of view.

I don't want to see sharia law or Taliban in America, but i don't want extreme christian fundamentalism to rise either, I see both as equally dangerous and ugly.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ

Originally posted by dawnstar

It's even worse...a ton of them sit on SCIENCE COMMITTEES!!

I mean, one of those guys thinks MORE rain forests should be cut down because that will prevent greenhouse gases. How on earth does someone so stupid get elected in the first place??? Even if you don't believe in global climate change, saying that cutting down more forests prevents greenhouse gases should lead to an auto-resignation. No ifs or buts...if you're THAT DUMB you deserve to be kicked out, and the same goes for this silly "let's put kids on death row if they're disobedient" clown.

paul broun also said this. I don't get how the republicans placed such and blatant science denier on the science committee.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Isn't it time we kicked the fundies off the island?

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   
In the GOP, this is the norm, not the exception. Not just that, you guys really need to look into Christian Reconstruction and Christian Dominionism. You will be shocked by how much the dangerous religious philosophies of, Rousas John Rushdoony and Francis Schaeffer have on the GOP, and the Envangelical Fundamentalist Christian movement. That is sweeping the nation and spiritually destroying churches, and taking over governments at the local, state, and federal.

And look into how Southern Politics, and Religion are destroying and dividing this country. Another important thing. Please research the rise of the NAZI Party. If you did, then you will know they rose from a populist movement. Very much like the Tea Party today is populist.

I just can't understand that people don't want to look from the outside in. If they did, something might even done to stop this. And they might even realize how messed up and sick the GOP and DNC really are.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Seems kind of silly considering we do have The Death Penalty for children.

It's called medication.

On topic, this man is crazy.

Period.

~Tenth

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Really what is the beef here?

Unlike abortion there is actually a protocol /

Killing children is evil!!!!

Abortion is not!.

Uh quite the double standard But The dude is a dumb as a box of rocks.

Can anyone point out the difference:

Behave or die!
Be conceived and die!.
edit on 8-10-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join