It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do People in the UK Not Have Any Manners Anymore!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Absolutely raging, I was sat with my indicators on in the car waiting for a car to reverse out of the last parking space at the shops. I saw a car coming towards me that had just turned the corner and thought I would do the curtious thing and let her go before I moved into the parking spot,at this point I still had my indicator on to turn into the space. This woman, who had some young children in her car turned straight into the space I was waiting on. I gets out of the car and said to her, thanks for that to which she started cursing at me.... "ooh look at that face, you ugly bastard... you shouldn't have been so slow then should you!. Gobsmacked at this I just said whatever, if she'd have been a bloke she'd have been out cold at this point. More to the point apart from her own bad manners, what about her kids that get to witness this behaviour and will probably follow this bad parents example. The UK has gone right down the pan in the last couple of decades, this just proves how #e our society actually is now.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I agree. Being nice is not something UKians harbour anymore.

I've come across a lot of stupidity and rudeness over the last few Years.

But I tend to come across it mostly by the work shy non working class.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by faryjay

Being nice isn't a requirement in any nation anymore. See the deterioration of our spirituality as we continue to focus on vanity, on making our own lives important over everyone else.

Something has to happen, or we're going to drown in ineptitude.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I once came across this guy who knew clearly I wanted his spot and that no other spots were available.

He pulled out his car slightly and then stepped out and started wiping his car while looking at me through the corner of his eye. As soon as I drove off, he got into his car and left.

I was raging at that time ... It's not like he was losing out on some money by giving me his space ... Some people are just not worth the air they breathe!

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by michael1983l

Good rant; but it is not just in the UK...it is in the U.S. too.

I grow weary of people calling each other (swear word names); making obscene gestures; and greeting each other this way. To me it is offensive.

I believe in civility and good manners; which unfortunately when I am out in society I observe less of as time goes on.

That woman should not of usurped your turn for that parking space; I feel sorry for her children; for she is teaching them to be abusive and cruel; a horrible example for a mother.

It is getting so now in society; that if a person uses good manners and kindness; people are surprised.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

And if you also use good manners and a smile ... People think it's okay to walk all over you!

There's no winning anymore!

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   
The worst thing is that I wouldn't even dream of pulling a stunt like she did and if I did it by mistake I would be so embarrased and would get back into my car and insist they took the space. Maybe it was my upbringing but I find it truely uncomfortable to be openly rude and offensive to other people.

link   
i makes there small insignificant lives feel slightley better for a moment that the got one over on someone i suppose, like the #'s that speed up when they see you waiting at a junction just so you cant get out

edit on 7-10-2012 by haven123 because: (no reason given)

link   
A gentleman would have let her have the spot since she had children with her, but she shouldn`t have been rude either.
edit on 7-10-2012 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tardacus
A gentleman would have let her have the spot since she had children with her, but she shouldn`t have been rude either.
edit on 7-10-2012 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

That's fine. But there's a way to "take the spot" and then a way to "be thankful for it"

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Tardacus

In terms of parking if they were toddlers then I would agree but generally parking spaces are wait in line as they are so few and far between in the UK and waiting in a car with your children isn't actually a hardship. If it had been a physical queue at the shops then it would be an instant cut in line from me.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Tardacus

and a mother should set a good example to there offspring

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
As this whole thing about "being a gentleman" has emerged ...

Well, that's no longer the case ... If women keep saying they need and want equal rights (which I'm all for) ... Then equally wait in line like any other guy has to.

Please don't use "I'm a woman" line only when it suits you and so on!

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by faryjay

Absolutley, however I still open doors for ladies and still let them ahead of me in line when they have young children with them. I guess I am just old fasioned. Is that not the way to be anymore.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
The way it is now is:

If you're old fashioned ... You're too old to be around

If you smile: You're a perv

If you're well mannered: Let me walk all over you

Class dismissed!

edit on 7/10/12 by faryjay because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by faryjay

But that shouldn't be the way it is, I am not going to start being a rude so and so just because everybody else is. How could I complain if I was exactly the same as them that would just make me a hypocrite.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Not telling you to change.

I'm telling you how these ill-mannered people see kind people these days!

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I've found that people no longer say "thank you" when you hold a door for them. It makes me incredibly angry. they don't even look at you, nod, or acknowledge it. I'm going to stop doing it all together.. Even if it means the door will swing shut in someone's face.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by michael1983l

There are still plenty of nice people left in the UK, however there seems to be less politeness as we seem to be flooded with east Europeans who's culture doesn't seem to recognise politeness to others.

The one thing that I seem to hate as I get older is peoples lack of respect for others and their sheer selfishness.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
This is for you, Michael:

edit on 10/7/2012 by rtyfx because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join