Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Do People in the UK Not Have Any Manners Anymore!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Undeadlady

Can i also add, shopping with kids is such hard work, they were probably doing her head in all the way to the car park, and she couldnt wait to get them out

I understand your point of view. However, that is no excuse for her abusive reaction when she was told of what she did. This has happened to me also many times and I know how frustrating it is each time....especially when you end up with an obnoxious person on the other end. One time, it was a retired couple who cut into my space as I was driving into it and both of them then got out and laughed at me together! They actually appeared proud of the stunt they had pulled and it also shows that they're not always youngsters with this attitude. I must have been around 23 years at the time and had to show maturity....I drove off without a word although I was enraged with the way they mocked me at the end.

Secondly, a few comments here about how women demand equality and so they should be prepared to show it in all situations. I can confidently say that there are plenty of women out there (young and old - and men!) who still prefer the more 'traditional' customs and so we can't tar them all with the same brush and use the 'equality' line without knowing the other person.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by michael1983l

I'm a Brit but live in Miami and this place has the worst rudest and idiotic drivers you will ever witness.I'm not saying it's Americans as if you go across the state to Clearwater or Naples where the population is mostly American born and raised the behaviour is entirely different and they are quite polite.
You would have drive here to witness the stupidity it's unbelievable,it's many other countries peoples that have emigrated here and brought their retarded third world driving skills and culture with them.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   
its not just the uk, its everywhere, why, because the parents dont teach them anymore, cant even get someone to say thank you for holding the door for them, i mean really is thank you really that hard to come up with, will it really shatter the im so tough or to rich to say thank you crowed lol.. pathetic times we live in for sure, and best part is, will only get better whooppeee.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by faryjay
I agree. Being nice is not something UKians harbour anymore.

I've come across a lot of stupidity and rudeness over the last few Years.

But I tend to come across it mostly by the work shy non working class.

work shy non working class? what are you? respectable middle class I suppose? and that excludes your kind from being rude and offensive (I don't think so) Your comment is rude and offensive to honest, out of work people. What a hypocrite.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by robbo961

It all seems to be part of the campaign to demonise those out of work and on benefits because the politicians, industrialists and bankers screwed up our economy.
Classic deflection tactics - find a suitable scapegoat - and at the moment it seems to be the most vulnerable and needy in our society - and it seems like it's working.

Some of the biggest ignorant, ill mannered people I have ever met have been from middle-class and affluent backgrounds.
edit on 9/10/12 by Freeborn because: Add ETA

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Firstly I will start by saying I consider myself to be a very polite, well mannered and kind individual who will put myself out to help others.
Now thats been said, I would have slashed her tires.
Sorry but I would have.
I believe in treating people how I expect to be treated, and if I treated someone like that then I expect people to treat me the same.
Perhaps it would teach her something.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Sure glad manners exist where I live still. Have an ok gov office job. Lot of the people here are extremely friendly.
I do show manners as well to everyone, smile and what not. Weird thing is almost everyone here is religious here.
Well I am not, makes no sense to tell you the truth. Makes me afraid to work here if religion is brought up. But
the people are nice and refreshing, they pitch in help each other, help with the community whenever they can, its nice to
see what a impact religion does for them. As for me, meh to lazy at the moment for anything like that, need to have
a ton of energy for what they do.

I Remember last job was in retail, old worker friend
would tell me, you sure do smile a lot, I was like I do? Didnt even realize i was smiling all that time, I tryed to
not to smile, face would just go back to normal, he said dont do that, smile looks good on ya. Its as if no one did I thought to myself, never bothered to pay attention though.

Not sure why people care, people have their own lives to live and to survive basically, you cant satisfy everyone.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn
reply to post by robbo961

It all seems to be part of the campaign to demonise those out of work and on benefits because the politicians, industrialists and bankers screwed up our economy.
Classic deflection tactics - find a suitable scapegoat - and at the moment it seems to be the most vulnerable and needy in our society - and it seems like it's working.

Some of the biggest ignorant, ill mannered people I have ever met have been from middle-class and affluent backgrounds.
edit on 9/10/12 by Freeborn because: Add ETA

I would certainly agree with you on that,

It would seem to me that arrogance, ignorance and bad attitude comes from the illusion that we are above those we seek to 'put down' or humiliate. We have been brainwashed to believe that the class system gives us a right to disparage anyone who falls below our own social class. These same people will gladly lick the boots of anyone above them just for a chance to climb higher up in the pecking order. And what is the reward for their upgraded social mobility? More tightly controlled obedience to the system. Step out of line and you'll be promptly reminded to 'know your place' or become exiled from your delusion. It's no different to the mentality of apes who jostle for superiority within the group

It's quite funny really when you think about it. And quite sad that human beings have been perpetually programmed to accept this

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by SpaceMonkeys

I wouldn't slash them...just let them all down

Real inconvenient....

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   

You haven't seen Quebec yet. It's that, every day, ten times an hour.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   

We have one of those types in the Pub where I work. I was sat down one evening having finished my shift where I stand on my feet for 5 hours.

I was sat on a stool at the bar and I stood up to get the cash from my pocket to pay for my next drink and generally stretch my legs when this bint walks up, takes my stool and says "use it or lose it", I have never liked her to be honest but from that day my opinion of her was confirmed.

What grates me about the situation is that I was taught respect, manners and the small nice things in life but there have been occasions where I would gladly give someone like her a moutful in return although likely as not she wouldn't understand the so called "big words" that I use.

They're not "big words" its called being taught to speak properly at school, listening and understanding and this woman is older than me (at least by ten years so you would think she would know better) and I'm 42.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
People are rude in the US too. However, I was in the UK about six years ago now. We left the airport, took the train, and left the station to find our hotel. As soon as I walked out of the building, I got cursed out by a guy from half-way down the street because he thought I was in his way. He was over the top nasty. I'll be honest, I've never heard so much foul language from so many people just casually speaking to each other in my life. Every other word was f this and f that.

It's cultural to a big extent, so I was just more tuned in to the differences. Americans curse, but even our worst offenders have nothing on you guys. I thought I was used to hearing people curse (and I'm no stranger to it myself)- but seriously. That was some major culture shock- and as I don't live in a big city- I'm not used to that level of rudeness by complete strangers. I hate to say it, but I have no desire to ever go to London again.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by rtyfx

One of the best scenes ever.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Rude people are going to make much more of an impression on you then polite people. Because you consider it standard. So yes, it seems that the rude people outnumber the polite these days.

But if you spend your day specifically noticing nice gestures, I think you would be surprised.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
hello i still have manners and i live in the UK

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   

I was at my local shops and was signalling to reverse park into a space when a female driver nipped in to the space. I was furious. So I drove out and back in again and, lo and behold, she vacated the space and enabled me to park after all. Maybe she didn't want a confrontation, or maybe she was so bad at parking that she decided to find a space where she could park more easily. I'm generally amazed at how many women will do anything rather than reverse into a parking space.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by LeSigh

I hate to say it, but I have no desire to ever go to London again.

Not many of us in the UK have a liking for the place - personally I try to avoid the place at all costs and only go there for the occassional concert and to have a drink in Camden Town.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

So is London like NYC then?

You have a large city of very rude people?

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

I'm afraid I've never been to New York - maybe one day - so I can't really compare, but London is definately full of ignorant, arrogant people who are full of their own over inflated opinion of their self-importance - but I have to say I have met one or two good 'un's from the smoke.

London is like a malignant growth and should be treat as such.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

London is the rudest place I've ever lived, your estimation is correct. It has it's own pace, that if your not used to you get left behind. I certainly lost my love affair with London a long time ago.. You literally can not speak to anyone on the tube for fear of being seen as a weirdo. So you just put on your iPod and block everyone out.

Having said that, I've had more trouble up north, just for being a southerner.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join