It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In a SHTF scenario what addiction are you going to be dealing with?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   
cigarettes and some illegal stuff (class c in my country)

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by watchitburn

I like to think I would make a horrible lampshade but I am big enough for floor rug.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Food, but i intend to supplement by diet by eating Bankers

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by haven123

did anyone see this post after it was edited from the W word to say removed because of staff warning?..this is an old acount i was banned for that comment and mod is saying i never edited from the plant word i origanly said
edit on 7-10-2012 by picky2009 because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-10-2012 by picky2009 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Well, I quit cigarettes quite some time back and alcohol went out before that did. All a couple years in the past on any level, so that won't be a problem. I used to be addicted to milk, believe it or not. I'd get up in the middle of the night just to have some and go back to bed. It went at about a gallon a day for more years than I'd want to admit...but I even kicked that. I feel a lot better too.

I'm not sure I have anything to worry about on a personal note. However, my other half has this real serious addiction to insulin. As so MANY in our society do...and as tongue in cheek as it may be to call it an addiction, it's accurate in so far as the very real consequence if TSHTF and production of it gets interrupted for an unknown time. A lot of people are going to be in terrible trouble I fear. Millions upon Millions of them.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by picky2009

Really? Wow and just for one word that is slang for another?

Geez.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
sex and violence
edit on 7-10-2012 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
caffeine for sure, good thing i've got about 6months supply of nescafe in my stocks for the SHTF scenario lol

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I know many diabetics who are going to have it bad if this scenario was to ever happen. I don't even like thinking about that part. I have no solution for it either. What a helpless feeling that would be.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by TheLieWeLive

yep did you see when i edited the w word to say that i had been warned?
the mods claim i never changed it also says i shoul have 5 warning befour a ban i got one warning then intantly banned

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
espresso....for sure!
I have plenty of instant in the reserve kit but unless I decide it's important enough to crank a generator it's over for me.

I have seen some "travel espresso makers" that make basically the same thing as a french press. They don't work.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by all2human

Sex is an addiction for some. I just hope rape isn't their solution. I'm sure it will be for many. We better really pray none of this happens in our life time.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by picky2009

Yea i seen you had changed it and then the banner came back again shortly afterwards. I was surprised that you were able to make the banner go away at first. Sorry about that Haven123.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Ohh I shivered a little bit upon thinking about being down to my last bags of tea! I feel I would be able to cope though..
Having to deal with a load of family and friends who would not do well without their cigarettes or whiskey and wine might be the hardest thing to deal with in shtf.
My addiction that would be hardest to overcome, is not on your list but I think I would deal worst with the loss of convenience. Loss of having anything I need when I need it. I could say my worst addiction is relying on today's convenience and how easy it is to get anything from food, to medicince, to entertainment, to anything really. I feel a lot of us are 'spoiled' to how easy things are and that we would probably crack having to do everything for ourselves. I really hope to change that about myself but to be honest; That would be my hardest addiction to deal with, I believe.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Katharos62191

I know exactly what you mean. This computer is my window to the rest of the world, as sad as that may sound, and if it was gone I will be insanely bored. If I need to know how to do something I find it on Youtube. If i wanna reach out to a friend I haven't seen in awhile I fire up Facebook. Not to mention the ebooks I have on how to do just about any and everything. I bought a Nook tablet and stored my books on it just in case this was to happen. Although I would only have a few hours of battery life that could be all the difference in the world.

Convenience is very much an addiction.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   

I can't rape myself..
besides i plan on hunkering down for a while,hope my barry white records arn't scratched

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by all2human

I wasn't implying you being the rapist.
Just saying what you brought up is an addiction and some will do anything to fulfill there wants.

You put on some Barry White and you might not be safe from your neighbors.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by snowen20
Allergy meds.

Asthma control

Trying to control it with vitamin C a more plentiful resource. Never had Allergies before until about 2 years ago and now its ridiculous.

But yeah, that would be my hardship.

I feel you.. My daughter (11yrs) has asthma and allergies. If she doesnt have her meds it will get very bad. This is a scary thought and on my mind a lot. If the SHTF, i think my instinct would be to hunt, steal, or kill if I had too..Just to keep my baby alive and get her meds.. Hope it never comes to that..

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Or my neighbors might partake..

stocking up on condoms..should be in short supply..always thinking ahead

besides rape will be a regular occurance in a lawless environment,lets be honest..
edit on 7-10-2012 by all2human because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join