It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is love? US MARINES VERSION

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Spiramirabilis

How is a pacifist refusing to accept humans are violent by nature not fact?
I will not dance around the point with you.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   

The OP started this thread to show a morale boosting video. Some people saw the irony - and pointed it out. She herself is against war...

Correct. Thank you. And also, to show that peace is possible, if only people would agree to it.
I am very anti-war, and thanks for participating in the thread.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Here is another vid to piss off some on here..

My personal favourite

Good show lads

Being a trained killer myself I could not give a rats ass what others think.. I was not forced into it, I volunteerd and achieved my dreams of blowing crap up.. All thanks to the tax paying public.. Thank you very much for giving an old soldier his dream

edit on 7-10-2012 by EvanB because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by thatonedude

Humans are CAPABLE of violence. They are also capable of compassion, choice, and understanding (Reason). What good is there in destroying your neighbor?

I expect you didn't intend this pun. Nice one, though. The soldiers in the video danced with whoever suggested it. I danced while watching it. So did the kids in the village. No one got hurt. Everyone was smiling and/or dancing.

What is your freaking problem with that??

Apparently, though, you won't dance around ANYTHING.

Some of us try to keep the faith, our chins up, and keep hoping for the best. And we want those young people to come home and have normal lives, so they can be optimistic, too.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Who ever said pacifists don't accept that humans are violent by nature?

It wasn't me

It wasn't anybody Sith Lord - except maybe you - making up your own facts. And also - you don't read

:-)

Let me know when you're tired

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes

The OP started this thread to show a morale boosting video. Some people saw the irony - and pointed it out. She herself is against war...

Correct. Thank you. And also, to show that peace is possible, if only people would agree to it.
I am very anti-war, and thanks for participating in the thread.

It's a complicated and emotional topic, isn't it? Peace is possible - even while war seems inevitable.

Thanks for having me (and tolerating my belligerence) :-)

I think I'm probably done now - pardon the interruption

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Who ever said pacifists don't accept that humans are violent by nature?

You claim to be a pacifist and you don't even know what it is?
Can you counter the original argument or are you just going to keep playing your little games?
Pacifists refuse to accept violence as a necessity, this makes them weak.
I will not reply to you anymore if you won't take the discussion seriously.

Let me know when you're tired

I never tire of a good argument but I will admit my sides are sore from laughing at fools.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   

lol ok and what is it these troops are saving me from ? I think people are more likely to die in the western world from police brutality than some terrorist at the local theater . hell we are more likely to die from gang gun violence or some weirdo at school or at the mall or a theater than we are from some radical muslims on the other side of the world . We can't even stop homegrown terrorism how do you expect to stop homegrown terrorism across the world in some other country is beyond me , that is if to think one is foolish enough to believe in such a theory of invading and assisting to stop terrorism . saving me from what again ? i never asked anyone to fight and die for me .

edit on 7/10/12 by freedomSlave because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
"Just following orders" is the reason there are so many suicides from members of our armed forces. Once you get back home and have time to reflect on what you did, the moral man feels overwhelming guilt, and realizes that there is no excuse, not even "just following orders."

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by jeantherapy

well said

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   

You claim to be a pacifist and you don't even know what it is?
Can you counter the original argument or are you just going to keep playing your little games?
Pacifists refuse to accept violence as a necessity, this makes them weak.
I will not reply to you anymore if you won't take the discussion seriously.

I know what a pacifist is - I think you might be confused

and I remember all too well what the original argument was

why - it's as if I asked the questions only 2 hours and 20 minutes ago

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   

well i don't think anyone is truly a pacifist
if our family was in danger from some weirdo pacifism would go out the window as it would for any reasonable logical human being IMO

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by freedomSlave

if our family was in danger from some weirdo pacifism would go out the window as it would for any reasonable logical human being IMO

True, it's different things for different people in different situations

We're human - how we react is going to be different for each person in the moment

But war is not an 'in the moment' situation

Pacifism is a choice - both personally and nationally

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   

it's as if I asked the questions only 2 hours and 20 minutes ago

Ok,
I'll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I've been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I'm the top sniper in the entire US armed forces.I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that's just with my bare hands.

What does that have to do with this video or pacifism?

Also,I suspect you're finding it hard to resist my charm..

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   

gorilla warfare?!

Why, that's the very worstest kind. I saw Rise of the Planet of the Apes...not pretty

thanks for the laugh thatonedude

We can quit dancing now

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spiramirabilis

True, it's different things for different people in different situations

We're human - how we react is going to be different for each person in the moment

But war is not an 'in the moment' situation

Pacifism is a choice - both personally and nationally

exactly

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   

I doubt that..seriously. What buds class did you graduate from? And tell me the team universal code while your at it.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   

What is love when we drop bombs on populated areas what is love when shoot recklessly at anything that moves.. what is love when we pee on dead enemies?

It i called:
"Do Unto Them Before They Do Unto You."
Another name for it is War.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Love these videos

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Meldionne1
When you raid a house looking for a bad guy you thought was there, but instead you find 3 grown men with little boys around the age of 7 years. The little boys have been dressed up in lipstick, eyeshadow, and dress's.and are being raped...then what? How innocent are they now? You don't hear about this , but it happens all the time.

Or, when you roll into a new village or town and the young women and little girls line up against the side of their homes and pull up their dresses simply because you are in uniform, and they are used to men in uniform, the cops and soldiers of that country, raping them. It's disgusting and sad. I don't know how many kids and women we had to explain the fact that, no we are NOT your soldiers or police, we are US soldiers, we aren't here to rape you. It was very disturbing to me because I had a little daughter back home and couldn't imagine living like that.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join