What is love? US MARINES VERSION

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

Yes, it is. So, was your point to illustrate the atrocities these kids (yes, they are kids) are "required" to commit because they are following orders?

The video did upset me, I have two sons. Anytime I see these kids, I see them suffering for their parents not teaching them better. It's not new what our military has been doing to other countries in the name of any lie that will suffice. I guess I saw the video as celebrating the delusion. It touched my heart, made me angry at what is going on.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by thatonedude

It makes me sigh when cowards claim they are "good" just because they lack the courage to fight.

Yes, you lunatic.... such cowards they are...

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Spiramirabilis

no - it does get old

Speak for yourself.
Also, adding to the discussion instead of trying to insult posters would be ideal in your situation.

but I'm sure you mean well - right?

Why, whatever do you mean?

reply to post by OldSchoolMom

Yes, you lunatic.... such cowards they are...

I expect nothing less than petty insults from a poster like you.

Your failure to control your emotions have left you looking quite foolish today.
Have a nice day mam.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Also, adding to the discussion instead of trying to insult posters would be ideal in your situation.

:-)

It would be easier if you would quit feeding me lines

But, I'll bite my tongue and try instead to hold up my end of the conversation

At least the steady stream of "how can you sing when you're killing so many innocent people" comments that follow these videos are still amusing.

Hearing the weak whine about the strong while hiding behind their keyboards never gets old.

So, some questons then:

How is pacifism weak?

Are you in the military?

edit on 10/7/2012 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   

But, I'll bite my tongue and try instead to hold up my end of the conversation
How is pacifism weak?

Pacifists are unrealistic to human nature.
They refuse to see the faults of the offenders because it would mean recognizing the same faults within themselves.
The inability to reason is a weakness.

Are you in the military?

I know where you're going with this and I will not entertain your inquiry.
edit on 7-10-2012 by thatonedude because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by thatonedude
reply to post by freedomSlave

I think he is trying to point out how pedophilia is an accepted tradition in many middle eastern countries and in some way justifies the killings.
The logic behind this thinking is flawed but the fact remains, the close relation of pedophilia and Islam leads to passionate stances on the subject.

lol wow what an odd claim . perhaps you should do some light reading about what the Vatican and their priests has been up too for the last 1500 years also where is your source on this claim??

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Your failure to control your emotions have left you looking quite foolish today. Have a nice day mam.

The opposite of love is not hate, it's indifference.
Elie Wiesel

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   

The inability to reason is a weakness.

Oh, please - Sith lord - my sides...they're splitting!

Pacifists are unrealistic to human nature.

Pacifists are human - everything a human does is human. Some of us humans (however) are not so much focused on the id-orama portion of our existence as we are on growing up

You think we're dishonest? :-)

They refuse to see the faults of the offenders because it would mean recognizing the same faults within themselves.

right back atcha - you anti-pacifist you

I know where you're going with this and I will not entertain your inquiry.

I gotta tell ya thatonedude: Hearing the weak whine about the strong while hiding behind their keyboards never gets old

Come back and have at me when you're feeling up to it then

and thatonedude - you have a nice day now - you hear?

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   

The Quran.
Perhaps you are familiar with the profit and his child wife?

Aisha

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by thatonedude
I wish the military would stop with these videos, they stopped being funny ten years ago.
I understand the need to break the monotony of combat but why do they have to be so tacky and tasteless about it?

At least the steady stream of "how can you sing when you're killing so many innocent people" comments that follow these videos are still amusing.
Hearing the weak whine about the strong while hiding behind their keyboards never gets old.

I always thought the weak were the one who took the orders and couldn't make make any decisions on their own , also the weak the one who were to afraid to stand up in what they believe in . Somehow to you it is the opposite.
well at least some in here can point out the weak link in society

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   

uhh what about Mormons , what about the pedophiles of the catholic church . do they not exist in your world? who only point the finger at one religions when most are guilty of it

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   

I always thought the weak were the one who took the orders and couldn't make make any decisions on their own , also the weak the one who were to afraid to stand up in what they believe in .

No, you're confusing your perception of the word for fact.
weak

well at least some in here can point out the weak link in society

I can, it's people that can't understand the definition of basic words like "weak".

uhh what about Mormons , what about the pedophiles of the catholic church . do they not exist in your world? who only point the finger at one religions when most are guilty of it

What about them?
You're the only one bringing them up.
Are you seriously trying to justify pedophilia to me?
Two wrongs do not make a right.
edit on 7-10-2012 by thatonedude because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   

You can dance around the truth all you want but it won't change fact.
While you're preaching tolerance and understanding someone else will always be there to make you fight for what you believe in.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   

You can dance around the truth all you want but it won't change fact.

But, I'm not the one doing the dancing - am I?

Why won't you answer my simple question?

While you're preaching tolerance and understanding someone else will always be there to make you fight for what you believe in.

You mean like now?

Where you at then?

I'm right here

edit to add: facts? Mr. Reason - please establish what part of anything you have said is a fact

and thanks in advance

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   

But, I'm not the one doing the dancing - am I?

All you do is dance.
You try to be as cryptic as possible so you always have a point to argue from.
Too bad your points are built on sand.
I answered your question and you replied with barely legible nonsense about being human topped with a pseudo insult.
Nothing you said even begins to counter my point of pacifists being unrealistic.

Why won't you answer my simple question?

What does my involvement with the military have anything to do with it?
Why does my refusal to answer a personal question hinder your ability to make any sense?

I'm right here

Where, behind your keyboard?
Also, for a pacifist you sure like to argue.
edit on 7-10-2012 by thatonedude because: clarification

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by OldSchoolMom

It touched my heart, made me angry at what is going on.

I'm VERY angry at what is going on.
I just want those young people to come home, safe, and still able to have some semblance of joy in this hideous world. It touched my heart, too; be assured, whether you want to see it or not. It was an attempt to suggest that if every troop decided to simply stop, to encourage each other and their opponents, to simply move past hatred and violence into peace and common humanity.

I apologize for offending anyone in the thread who took it the wrong way.
I care about those people serving. I care about those people being "occupied" and "hunted."

I don't care about the warmongers; and wish it would all stop.

(the above post is the uncensored voice of an American female, mother, daughter, sister, wife, neighbor, friend, teacher, and pacifist. ^)

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   

lol umm no the word weak sums up everything I was as we were talking about.

weak (wk) adj. weak·er, weak·est
1. Lacking physical strength, energy, or vigor; feeble.
2. Likely to fail under pressure, stress, or strain; lacking resistance: a weak link in a chain.
3. Lacking firmness of character or strength of will.
4. Lacking the proper strength or amount of ingredients: weak coffee.
5. Lacking the ability to function normally or fully: a weak heart.
6. Lacking aptitude or skill: a weak student; weak in math.
7. Lacking or resulting from a lack of intelligence.
8. Lacking persuasiveness; unconvincing: a weak argument.
9. Lacking authority or the power to govern.

or if you really care to look it up
WEAK

edit on 7/10/12 by freedomSlave because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Go read my post if you're having trouble understanding it.
If you sit at home all day whining about fighting yet are there to reap the spoils of it you're weak in my eyes.
I'm done talking to someone who condones pedophilia.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Sir,
forgive my density, but, I am beginning to suspect you did not watch the video. I have seen other vids where the soldiers are performing for brutal, assaultive songs....THIS ONE DOES NOT!

This one PROMOTES PEACE!

It has nothing to do with Military Might, it is about a bunch of young men (in this case - women are over there, too) who were able to spend a moment of peace, enjoying a song about Love and the Cessation of Hurt.

What I want for every soul on this planet, whether "weak", "cowardly", or "angry".....to be safe and able to relax, dance, smile.

Call me an idealist. I won't ever stop wanting that, no matter how sour you are.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Nothing you said even begins to counter my point of pacifists being unrealistic.

Your point is not fact - it's your opinion. You are entitled to your opinion - yay! And for the record - I've not said a single thing that could be considered cryptic. Not even a little bit :-)

So, let me be clear - you've yet to answer my question: what makes pacifism a weakness? If you're only going to counter with pacifists are unrealistic - then you've given up on your favorite strength...(the ability to reason)

What does my involvement with the military have anything to do with it? Why does my refusal to answer a personal question hinder your ability to make any sense?

Everyone has a different opinion about war

But here's one thing I know for sure: Our best and strongest politicians are against war - even while we're at war. Our best, brightest and strongest military leaders do not love war. Our most loyal, dedicated and honorable soldiers - are against war. And they police their own. Understand?

We people - it's up to us to police our own. Understand?

There is no excuse for our bad behavior. Pacifists are not naive. We are realists

The OP started this thread to show a morale boosting video. Some people saw the irony - and pointed it out. She herself is against war...

You think these things are not funny. They're tacky

And that people who are against war are not strong - they're weak

And apparently stupid and dishonest too

Are you in the military?

Where, behind your keyboard?

Same as you sport. You're not afraid to put it out there - neither am I

Also, for a pacifist you sure like to argue.

nobody said the pacifists were tame

new topics
top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join