It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tremors felt 45 miles away from Bayou Corne Sinkhole!

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Darn right something is not right. To many people saw stuff in the sky. I read that news report a bunker blew up then the sheriff goes on to say:

Earlier in the morning, Sheriff Gary Sexton said there was a "possibility that a meteor did hit the ground" in the area, but deputies had not pinpointed an exact location.

Missile? Meteor? Munitions? Methane? What is going on. It gives me the creeps that people could be a huge danger and I don't feel that the truth will come out.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by AuntB

Next thing you know AuntB they are going to call it swamp gas.

I was not able to get to the Chacahoula swamp this weekend but I was riding ATVs through the wooded swamp directly north (about 4 miles) from the sinkhole. I did not contract any symptoms or smelled any odors except the distinct odor from the sugar mill 4 miles away to the east of the sinkhole. You can always point out the odor of s sugar mill lol

I am going back today. Maybe might get a little more luck. Not that I want to get sick, I just want to dispel some of the symptoms or odors that are being reported.
edit on 16-10-2012 by CajunBoy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by CajunBoy

I wouldn't be surprised if they released a misleading photo at an official meeting! The map from the Eagle Tribune site shows that the salt dome is just much deeper at its edges (10,000 feet as opposed to 1,000). From what I gather, all of the caverns were created at the shallower depths. It's easier to dig down to 1,000 feet instead of ten.

Good luck with your foray into the area today! You are a brave man. Would love to hear back on some first hand experience!

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by TheOtter

To live down here you have to have balls lol

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Depends on how they spin it, I thought the same thing.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by BrieBird

Egh, it is a munitions factory... Last time I was up in Shreveport was back in high school. Louisiana is falling apart right now because Bobby Jindal is too worried about Romney. Our hospitals are facing MASSIVE cuts, the sinkhole, now this explosion.... Bobby is no where to be found.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   

The community is definitly speaking out on this and no one is buying it. Here is a link to the local KTBS 3 News facebook it may take a bit to read through but definitly interesting to hear what locals are saying.
www.facebook.com...

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
The locals are not buying it at all. I have put on my conspiracy hat- this was not a bunker blowing up. To many locals are speaking out. This would be a huge story but Clinton fell on the sword today so that is dominating headlines. They keep trying to divert our attention. Sinkhole, oil slick and things that go boom in the night. LA's governor has not been to the sinkhole site, nor does he seem to be very concerned over the growing oil slick- shoot he is doing everything he can to not be in Louisiana. How big are these issues going to become?

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
I havent heard anything from the MSM.

Not one little peep!

Why are they ignoring it?

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Speaking of ol' Bobby, I think he is campaigning for Romney for a nice little cabinet position really. Our healthcare system in Louisiana is on the verge of collapse, he is putting all his effort behind THE largest education reform ever done by any state in the union, and this sinkhole. What I did find odd in researching his where-abouts, he just appointed an executive from The Shaw Group to be his chief lawyer.

www.nola.com...

Now you may be wondering what does this have to do with the sinkhole? Well I can't say for sure but The Shaw Group is a player I believe in this sinkhole. They dable in the following:

Power
Environmental & Infrastructure
Maintenance
Fabrication and Manufacturing
Energy & Chemicals

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Not sure how to post a screen shot.

If anyone thinks it's worthy to do so, here is the link.

yourtubenews.ning.com...

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Grrr, we need a thread to encompass all the happenings in Louisiana in the past couple months

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   

I was just thinking the same thing I will follow your lead.This is taking on a new face and people need to know about it. Paste a link to this thread so others can be redirected as well.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   

www.abovetopsecret.com...

it is my first thread on ATS... somewhat pathetic I know but lol it is a start.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Since oil and water do not mix, the brine is a means of pushing crude oil to the top of the cavern, where it can then be collected and shipped away for reuse or disposal, state and parish officials said. “Every barrel (of crude) taken out is a barrel (of brine) going in,” said John Boudreaux, director of the Assumption Parish Office of Homeland Security and Emergency Preparedness.

Oil in cavern and sinkhole being removed
Looks like they are finally making positive moves.

edit on 17-10-2012 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by deadeyedick

Yes but lets see if it actually stops comming out of the sinkhole as it could just keep comming and comming....

It is not clear is whether any more oil and gas from the formations outside the dome might continue to enter the cavern once the crude oil is removed by Texas Brine. Courreges said part of the removal plan involves investigating whether the oil and gas that had moved into the cavern and toward the surface when the cavern failed was a one-time event. “That is part of what they are trying to figure out,” he said.

Your source

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by lurksoften

This will be one step closer to the truth.
The answer should provide much insight into what is happening.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by deadeyedick

now what would be really intersting if they could get it up quickly enough before more oil and gas get in there. Than send one of those probes down there with a camera and show us whats going on for all of us to see

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Even if you were to send a probe, all you will see is the Cyprus trees that sank at the beginning. And pumping brine to extract the oil is trading one bad for another. Brine is just as bad as crude.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
If it involves a failing salt dome, oil, and a lake, and it's in Louisiana, I'd be worried about something like this:

edit on 17-10-2012 by Necrosis because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join