It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tremors felt 45 miles away from Bayou Corne Sinkhole!

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by CajunBoy

1990 wow you are a young thing
I hope everything is fine down there; I have said that before and want to believe it but I don't. My father who lives down that way believes the same thing, everything is fine on the gulf, in fact he doesn't even believe that the Horizon incident even happened! I am worried none the less and am a huge advocate for our environment this sinkhole and the consequent other incidences surrounding it point to a situation that definitly cannot be good for ones health. This story is ongoing since the full effects of the oil accident will linger in the gulf communities for years to come one can not possible be foresure its full implications.
edit on 22-10-2012 by BrieBird because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anmarie96
Something is going on there for the past 3 - 4 hours. All the instruments in the area are picking something up. Not sure if They have started new drilling right next to each of these instruments or if we have a major shift beginning to happen or both. Please Be Safe Folks.

The Instruments

I just checked them out and I don't see enough activity to indicate that anything out of the norm is happening.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
I do have faith in the Parish officials. I think they speak their minds and make statements to let the public know they also are getting the same run around:

“Obviously, it has been a long time, and still there is no definitive answer yet. The scary part is at what point will we get a definitive answer,” he said. “I am not sure we will ever get that.”

This article from the Advocate, well the headline says it all.
Officials: Math doesn’t work; end to evacuation is unclear

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   
[...]

Parish officials say the volume of the brine-filled sinkhole is much smaller than the amount of displaced earth now in the cavern, prompting worries about other unknown subterranean voids or gaps left in the area by the shifted sediments that could lead to further disturbance at the surface.

[...]

[Assumption Parish Homeland Security Director John Boudreaux] and [Assumption Parish Sheriff Mike Waguespack] said it is their worry that the possible voids or gaps underground left by the 2.7 million cubic yards of earth that shifted could lead to sinkholes appearing in other locations.

[...]

Boudreaux said the assumption all along has been that the existing sinkhole would continue to grow, but last week he asked who is to say whether another sinkhole might form somewhere else.

this is the latest pict ....

www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   
I may be young but I have the wisdom of 4 generations of Cajuns to work with lol.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Meeting tonight:
Officials plan a community meeting 6 p.m. Tuesday at St. Joseph the Worker Catholic Church hall, 3304 La. 70 S., in Pierre Part.
Company reports most of sinkhole crude collected

The following is a comment from an advocate article:

1) Comment by Usefulbreather - 10/22/2012 “Obviously, it has been a long time, and still there is no definitive answer yet. The scary part is at what point will we get a definitive answer,” he said. “I am not sure we will ever get that.” No, Mr. Triche, the scary part is that you made this statement. If you are so "scared", then why don't you bring in the Federal Government or other agency to assist with fingerprinting the source of the hydrocarbons that caused the "breach along the cavity’s lower edge." Clearly the methane bubbling all over the parish could be one answer since Mr. Boudreaux confirmed the crude and the bubbling gas are isotopically connected. What is causing the delay in fingerprinting the source of the hydrocarbons and hence the cause of the disaster? When fingerprinting the recent sheen on the Gulf of Mexico, the Coast Guard test results were back in less than a month connecting it to the BP Well...perhaps you could use their testing facilities to see if there is a connection.
comment from this article- theadvocate.com...

I think the reader asks a good question- why the delay????

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by AuntB

I'm going to the meeting tonight AuntB.. even though the last one kinda got heated this one is going to be 10 times worse.

As for the testing, it is beyond me. In a sense, I want the federal government involved. On the other hand I don't want to them to have much to do with this problem.

New photos and flyovers are showing the pipeline clearing starting to collapse. That is a bad thing. The pipeline clearing runs straight up to Bayou Corne. I'm judging it to be a 300 to 400 yards till the collapse reaches the Bayou.

Photo of the clearing to Bayou Corne: www.flickr.com...

Flyover 10/23/12: www.youtube.com...

Between 10/19/12 video of the flyover to 10/23/12 I am judging the distance of growth on the clearing is to be atleast 20 to 30 yards. I got this by looking at the oil boon layed across the canal. Maybe someone else can give me an estimate as well.

Flyover 10/19/12: www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Thanks for going tonight CajunBoy, I certainly appreciate you being our "boots on the ground". It doesn't look good at all. With more and more information coming out and the citizens are not going to be stalled forever. I truly think that the area will be declared unstable and the lands will be taken over by the feds.

BTW- here is a brochure, basically the ABC's of a salt cavern that I found on another site.
An Introduction to Salt Caverns and Their Use for Disposal of Oil Field Wastes
If you open the PDF it gives all the in a very simple manner.
edit on 23-10-2012 by AuntB because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by AuntB

I am currently in the meeting, this one will be highly tempered one due to the questions that will be raised from what I showed you with the pipeline clearing.

Also, I have dug up information about Deborah Dupre that I will be starting a thread soon.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by AuntB

I agree, the more that comes out the worse it looks. For every time someone says that it isn't that bad someone else comes out with a report that says it is not only that bad, but worse.

I just hope we don't see the worst case scenario in which the whole gulf area is destroyed and the New Madrid fault system is triggered.

MOD NOTE - While this may seem to be going off topic, if you will bear with me you will see that I bring it all together and back on topic in the end.

Now lets try to tie all of the data together and see where it COULD go.

Item - The Macondo well tapped into an extremely deep and extremely high pressure oil deposit that extends almost all the way back to the Texas coast.

Item - The Macondo well failed for two reasons. First, they broke through a salt dome because they ignored geologists who tried to warn them not to drill in that location. Second, when they broke through to the high pressure deposit (some estimates ran to as much as 60,000 PSI or more) their casing failed where they broke through the salt dome and the debris from that failure along with the unexpectedly high pressure caused the blow out prevention valve to fail.

Item - Because of the failure of the casing the oil and methane mix started to seep into the surrounding seabed. Plugging and capping the well failed to stop the seepage because by that time there was too much damage to the well and surrounding bedrock for it to be completely contained. This has led to leakage of oil and methane into the seabed to the extent that there is an area of 25 miles radius of the well that is not only bulging but also leaking oil and gas over the entire area. There is fear on the part of some scientists that the bulging could lead to an eruption of a large part of the gulf seabed and a breach of the deep high pressure oil deposit.

Item - While the oil leakage is bad enough it is the methane seepage that presents the real danger. At the depth and temperature of the gulf floor most of the methane never reaches the surface. What happens is that it combines with the sea water to form methane ice, also known as methane hydrate, which can, if disturbed enough, be released as one huge methane eruption. Add a source of ignition and you will have an explosion of biblical proportions. This could be made worse if the methane disruption spreads to the Atlantic ocean. Some paleogeologists believe that it is just such an event that caused at least one of the pre historic extinctions.

Item - Some people believe that all of the Macondo problems are linked, through faults in the bedrock and through the interconnections of the salt domes, to much of the methane infusion into the water tables and the bubbling.

Item - Now we get to the part that puts all the previous items back on topic. It seems that the news about the Parish Corne sink hole just gets worse every time another official statement is released. There is, IMHO, some valid concern that the whole salt dome system, extending all the way back to the Macondo well failure, is connected in such a way as to eventually lead to a massive failure of that entire system.

Item - If the entire salt dome system fails there are some very real concerns about all the oil, diesel, butane and other materials stored in other salt domes. And then there is all the methane and crude thought to be seeping into the salt domes and ground water from the area of the Macondo failure. The worst case scenario at this point is that the butane and other fuel containing domes would rupture and lead to an explosion and fire that would wipe out a sizable portion of the gulf coast area. But even that pales in comparison to the next item.

Item - Edgar Cayce, the sleeping prophet, predicted that the entire New Madrid fault system would rupture much worse than it did in 1811/1812 and leave the United States split down the middle by an inland sea extending from the gulf to the great lakes. The scary thing about that prediction is not that someone made it but that Edgar Cayce, a seer with an amazing and well documented record of success, is the one who made it.

Conclusion - No one can tell how much of the above, if any, will come to pass. But there are some credible scientists who are worried enough about it that I am concerned as well. Also, no one can tell what time scale this will all happen on, however, all of this could be the start of the process leading to massive disruptions and mega deaths.

WHY NO LINKS? They are not needed. All you have to do is read through from the beginning of this thread and read the BP Macondo disaster thread as well and you will find links to all the material I based this on. It is also easy to do a web search on the subjects for additional information.
edit on 23-10-2012 by happykat39 because: clarified a point

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   

I agree, the more that comes out the worse it looks. For every time someone says that it isn't that bad someone else comes out with a report that says it is not only that bad, but worse. I just hope we don't see the worst case scenario in which the whole gulf area is destroyed and the New Madrid fault system is triggered. MOD NOTE - While this may seem to be going off topic, if you will bear with me you will see that I bring it all together and back on topic in the end. Now lets try to tie all of the data together and see where it COULD go. Item - The Macondo well tapped into an extremely deep and extremely high pressure oil deposit that extends almost all the way back to the Texas coast. Item - The Macondo well failed for two reasons. First, they broke through a salt dome because they ignored geologists who tried to warn them not to drill in that location. Second, when they broke through to the high pressure deposit (some estimates ran to as much as 60,000 PSI or more) their casing failed where they broke through the salt dome and the debris from that failure along with the unexpectedly high pressure caused the blow out prevention valve to fail. Item - Because of the failure of the casing the oil and methane mix started to seep into the surrounding seabed. Plugging and capping the well failed to stop the seepage because by that time there was too much damage to the well and surrounding bedrock for it to be completely contained. This has led to leakage of oil and methane into the seabed to the extent that there is an area of 25 miles radius of the well that is not only bulging but also leaking oil and gas over the entire area. There is fear on the part of some scientists that the bulging could lead to an eruption of a large part of the gulf seabed and a breach of the deep high pressure oil deposit. Item - While the oil leakage is bad enough it is the methane seepage that presents the real danger. At the depth and temperature of the gulf floor most of the methane never reaches the surface. What happens is that it combines with the sea water to form methane ice, also known as methane hydrate, which can, if disturbed enough, be released as one huge methane eruption. Add a source of ignition and you will have an explosion of biblical proportions. This could be made worse if the methane disruption spreads to the Atlantic ocean. Some paleogeologists believe that it is just such an event that caused at least one of the pre historic extinctions. Item - Some people believe that all of the Macondo problems are linked, through faults in the bedrock and through the interconnections of the salt domes, to much of the methane infusion into the water tables and the bubbling. Item - Now we get to the part that puts all the previous items back on topic. It seems that the news about the Parish Corne sink hole just gets worse every time another official statement is released. There is, IMHO, some valid concern that the whole salt dome system, extending all the way back to the Macondo well failure, is connected in such a way as to eventually lead to a massive failure of that entire system. Item - If the entire salt dome system fails there are some very real concerns about all the oil, diesel, butane and other materials stored in other salt domes. And then there is all the methane and crude thought to be seeping into the salt domes and ground water from the area of the Macondo failure. The worst case scenario at this point is that the butane and other fuel containing domes would rupture and lead to an explosion and fire that would wipe out a sizable portion of the gulf coast area. But even that pales in comparison to the next item. Item - Edgar Cayce, the sleeping prophet, predicted that the entire New Madrid fault system would rupture much worse than it did in 1811/1812 and leave the United States split down the middle by an inland sea extending from the gulf to the great lakes. The scary thing about that prediction is not that someone made it but that Edgar Cayce, a seer with an amazing and well documented record of success, is the one who made it. Conclusion - No one can tell how much of the above, if any, will come to pass. But there are some credible scientists who are worried enough about it that I am concerned as well. Also, no one can tell what time scale this will all happen on, however, all of this could be the start of the process leading to massive disruptions and mega deaths.
reply to post by happykat39

PLEASE READ THIS!!!

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by deadeyedick

What is your point?? All I see is my post repeated with all the paragraph breaks and formatting removed. If you are having a problem I don't see it since my original post looks all right to me.

Added - If anybody else is having a display problem with the post let me know and I will delete the material from it and split it up into two posts. If there is a problem it might be because I was less than 75 characters from the post limit.
edit on 23-10-2012 by happykat39 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   

No i think they were just wanting to make sure people read your post thats why its was quoted and posted again

edit on 23-10-2012 by lurksoften because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Sorry for not being clear but your truth in your post needs to be common knowledge.
Keep up the good work all of you truth seekers.

edit on 23-10-2012 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

The wallotext is automatic to a quote!
Few have had the attention span to follow this thread through to the truth.
I salute you and happycat and youngcajun for the follow's up and your post sums up the truth again people please read that post.
It is a sad and short day we have entered.
edit on 23-10-2012 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by deadeyedick

Thank you for clearing that up, and thank you for the support & compliment.
edit on 23-10-2012 by happykat39 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   
AND I am back from the meeting and they officially said it is not safe around the area of Bayou Corne. Not because of the hydrocarbons or leaks but because of the unknown.

It was a big mess on who will pay what. Jindal is finally in the game financially. Not present, but I don't need him there to know who is in full support mode.

www.youtube.com...
I want to thank my friend Jo for taping and uploading all meetings

They are now being a lot more open as well with information.

To what happycat says about the domes being interconnected is true. I wont say that they are starting to fail and oil from the Macondo is seeping up. They haven't even did test yet which I find absurd. If they do the test and find it is from the Macondo well, this is a whole different monster and will destroy half of the theories of what is happening. Thing is why hasn't it been tested yet?

You bring great info to the table happy, but I am going to go with "Ignorance is bliss" and try and put some of the apocalyptic thoughts to the side until they have testing done to see where the oil is coming from.
edit on 23-10-2012 by CajunBoy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Cheers to you wise one. Be safe, enjoy life and of course keep us posted of any new updates in the area.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   
I would like to clarify one point. It is not necessarily the salt dome connection that is allowing seepage but rather the fractured and stratified nature of the sea floor and the bed rock that is under massive pressure from the Macondo disaster. If the infusion is actually coming from the Macondo area it would be like leakage through a sieve. And, if it is so, there has been plenty of time since the Macondo disaster for the gas and oil to infuse through the underground structure. I am not saying that this is really what is happening but it does make sense to me that the infusion from the Macondo area would take a few months to become apparent.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Meeting Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Part 4

Part 5

Part 6

Part 7

Part 9

edit on 23-10-2012 by lurksoften because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Thanks lurk, still don't know how to imbed vids lol.

Actually happy it is. All salt domes on the Gulf Coast in Louisiana and Texas are connected by a layer of salt called allochthonous salt sheet. I'm still doing my research on Salt Tectonics, very interesting subject really.

A little brief wiki article: en.wikipedia.org...

I posted earlier in my thread about the Temperate-Baton Rouge fault system and the South Louisiana Allochthon. It is already clear the land is subsiding from the rest of the continent and this may just speed up the process but we still need a little more information on that oil.

If test come back conclusive that it is oil from the Macondo well, we have 2 things to look at: The South Louisiana Allochthon or the New Madrid fault. But my money is on the SLE subsidence that just got put on steroids.

Here is picture to give y'all a quick look at what I am actually talking about with the SLE and the Temperate-Baton Rouge fault system::

Research done by NOAA: www.geodesy.noaa.gov...

Lengthy to read, but it is a good read none the less

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join