It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tremors felt 45 miles away from Bayou Corne Sinkhole!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by CajunBoy
No acetone and the flare was a burn off, see them all the time.
But 40 feet high! I know they said it is normal but how often do the flames get that big? We have a flame out here, it is burning off the gas of an old land fill. I would guess the flame is 1-2 feet high, but if it got 40 ft that would raise my alarm meter.

BTW- I would like to request pictures if you do go into the bayou. Thank you!

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I know that they tested the material that was on the floor of the cavern. The whole bottom was filled with something I have yet to see those test results. I do wonder if it was just substance from the collapsed wall or something else.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by AuntB

You will get your pictures Aunt B
. But with the 40 ft high flare off, go to any of the plants on the river and sometimes there flames measure up to 50 to 60 ft. Norco, Louisiana is famous for that lol.

This following document I am posting is issued by DNR of Louisiana. It tells you the contents of each cavern in the Napoleonville Salt Dome... No acetone:

dnr.louisiana.gov...

List of stored materials in the dome:
Butane
Propane
Ethane
LPG- Liquified Petroleum Gas
Propylene
Brine

No radioactive materials are stored in the dome as of October 10, 2012.

This is a nice airiel view of Bayou Corne and the sinkhole:
www.flickr.com...

You can also find the day to day operations for the response:
www.texasbrine.com...

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   

As you can see in this picture, the red outline is the entire dome.They do not project that the whole dome will collapse considering the hole is on the side of the dome. The triangles are seismic readers.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Large explosion heard in Lousianna last night. Cajunboy what's going on down there?
www.ksla.com...

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by BrieBird

Sorry I meant to post this one. Loud boom heard around 11:30 last night then followed by another expolsion four hours later. Details are slowly coming in some are saying it was a meteroite. Cause is unknown at this point. I know that one of the people following this thread lives in the area. Any news would be appreciated.

www.shreveporttimes.com...

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Just found this news report on Youtube explaining some of the first hand accounts of the event. Large ash falling from the sky, wall shaking ect.
www.youtube.com...#!

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 06:41 AM
link   
I just found this thread on here about the event way more information on there. Not sure how it could relate to our sinkhole but it definitly can't improve the situation.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 07:04 AM
link   
I can't tell you what is happening all the way up in Shreveport. That is way up da bayou from me lol. It would not have nothing to do with this sinkhole. It is on a different salt flat.

I have friend who lives in Minden and called her up. She heard it and has no idea. My best guess it is a meteor as well.

Then again, I do not know.... I did see streaks across the sky last night, a few small meteors burned up. Nothing unusual, they burned up pretty quick.
edit on 16-10-2012 by CajunBoy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by CajunBoy

Thanks for the quick response I wasn't really sure where you are located in the state but assumed you may have some more information.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   

I'm south of the sinkhole, and I was actually riding 4 wheelers on the property north of the sinkhole yesterday afternoon.

I am getting really concerned now with the "explosions" in northwest Louisiana though, considering it happened before. Something is up geology wise, something we may not have seen before in human history.

Look at the date on the thread. That previous explosion was back in 2010

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Yeah I know I only noticed that after I posted it but yes something is up in your area keep your eyes open. It could have been atmospheric too. No concrete info yet but, hopefully it will unfold soon. I fear that you are right that it could be something never seen before I just hope people pay attention to their instincts.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   

I appreciate your concern, I have already made my peace with God. I have studied my Cajun history extensively and realized when we got kicked out of Canada we settled in a WHOLE new world. May have been part of the Americas, but nothing like it. God tore down mountains and resettled the soil and sediment here.

I was born here and shall die here
I'll be here till the end giving updates! lol

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   

I only related it to the sinkhole because of the gas being vented perhaps it ie. the gas traveled north in like a cloud formation and was ignited in the atmospher by lighting or maybe even from debris from a meteorite.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Mystery solved it was an explosion of a bunker apparantly.
www.ktbs.com...

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Talked to my college friends in Minden, they do not believe that at all.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   

It doesn't sound like anyone does but that is the explanation that is being pushed. You even said that you saw streaks in the sky last night and the accounts say that the local authorities confirmed no ammunition factories or gas facilities were to blame but, were rather pointing towards a meteorite.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Where did you get that photo?

This one shows that the sinkholes is well within the salt dome:

This came from The Eagle Tribune News site. There a couple of interesting maps there!
edit on 16-10-2012 by TheOtter because: Added link to news site

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   
The photo of the salt dome was released during a community meeting in Bayou Corne by the Louisiana Department of Homeland Security.

I never seen this photo before, something isn't right with it.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Thing is, what are the odds of a meteorite hitting a bunker on a national guard post in the middle bumb f*** Louisiana. I'm thinking false flag...

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join