It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tremors felt 45 miles away from Bayou Corne Sinkhole!

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Necrosis

The difference between Lake Peigneur and Bayou Corne is with the lake is was drilled directly into an operational salt mine. At Bayou Corne the side of a cavern collapsed at the edge of a salt dome. Two totally different scenarios.

When they carved the cavern, they misjudged how far it was on the edge of the dome. That cavern has been there for about 30 years and has structurally failed. Key word is cavern not dome.
edit on 17-10-2012 by CajunBoy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by CajunBoy

have you not been following this they been removing the tree's that fell in. They could get a good view if they get the oil out.
edit on 17-10-2012 by lurksoften because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   
The problem is not where and how water contacts the salt dome, it's the fact that it's contacting it at all. Salt is highly soluble in water and it doesn't matter what angle the water is hitting it, whether it is from a 14" drill bit driven directly into a salt mine or from a gradual leechng process from rainwater. Once there is a conduit for water to get directly to the salt the salt is going to be very rapidly eroded. Depending on the size of the salt deposit, it could cause a very big hole in the ground if water erodes it from the inside out to the point that the weight of the earth above it causes it to collapse as is what seems to be going on for now.
edit on 17-10-2012 by Necrosis because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Necrosis

I am not stupid, i know what happens with water and salt. The hole would be empty and clear of water if your theory was correct, but it isn't. It would also have to have an endless supply of water like the lake did, but it doesn't. I have been following this from day 1 seeing this is my back yard. To say this is the same exact thing as the lake is crazy.
I've been to the emergency meetings to find out for myself and bring back the information to my friends at ATS. I've been posting all the information of what has been going on. This has been happening since August, and as each day goes by it looks a little less catastrophic.

And it doesn't look like that right now. It is stagnate non-moving water in the hole. Stagnate water does not errode away at anything. The land around it is collapsing because it is leveling off the ground under the water. With the lake on the other hand you have thousands of pounds of water pushing down into the drill hole into a MINE that had tunnels to OTHER MINES that could be filled with WATER. Guess what? The salt dome is still there at Jefferson Island, rather beautiful botanical gardens to go biking in.

This sinkhole you have 1 cavern to fill with water which has already happened. And it is not interconnected to other caverns. Once the cavern reaches equilibrium it stops letting in water.

If you yourself would like to get day to day operations at the hole here ya go:
www.texasbrine.com...

And if start looking at the pdf's you will notice the growth of the hole has slowed considerably. To not growing at all. You can go to October 17 to see they are pumping brine in the failed cavern to get the oil out. If it was a catastrophic failure like you are trying to say, I seriously doubt they would be pumping liquids into it.
edit on 18-10-2012 by CajunBoy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by lurksoften

They are removing trees, but only what is accessible at the edge. Also look at the day by day logs in the PDFs. www.texasbrine.com...

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Here is a summary of what's going on with Bayou Corne. Or atleast what is being made public.
www.gohsep.la.gov

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by BrieBird

Thank you, I forgot to link this website. Pretty much everything discussed on there I have been hearing in the meetings.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by CajunBoy

Seems like more of the same still working on it, no definite answers....to be continued. I will keep watch of this as I know you will. It is a waiting game at this point.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Louisiana is going to be the new Atlantis.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Pretty much, but I have faith that it will be fixed with minmum harm done. Louisiana can not afford anymore bad PR or our economy is going to tank again.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Flyover from today. Regarding those white trees, I have read that they do that normally, but they seem to only be white on one side of the sinkhole.
Flyover, 10/19/2012

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by CajunBoy

Pretty much, but I have faith that it will be fixed with minmum harm done. Louisiana can not afford anymore bad PR or our economy is going to tank again.

My own personal experiences with Louisiana were horrific. I live in the state for 7 years, getting there at the ripe time of Katrina. I lost EVERTHING! So, I stayed to rebuild my life, and was on a vacation day at the beach in Biloxi the day of the oil spill. Then I went on to marry (he fooled me) the most abusive man ever in my life.

Can't help but think the whole entire state is just rotten to the core. Either it's the voo doo practiced there, or the Baptists and Pentacostals....all I know is the whole stare is freaking cursed!

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Sissel

Thank God you didn't blame the Catholics
. We are one of the largest Catholic communities in the country. We put our faith in a higher power. I know everyone will say faith is bs but you will be surprised. We always shake back, always a little stronger.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by AuntB

It is normal to see that AuntB, Fall is here and Cyprus trees shed. It is that and Cyprus trees tend to grow weird. They need lots of room to branch out and green up. If the top of the tree snaps it stops growing up and starts growing out, that is if it has enough room to grow out. In this case this is an old growth swamp and as you can see it is bunched up a lot.

The white color comes from the moss that grows on the bark.
edit on 19-10-2012 by CajunBoy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
I had mentioned in an earilier post the possibility of the minden explosion being caused by the methane being released by the sinkhole. Then I came across this article today
www.examiner.com...

At this point knowing how short the American attention span is this topic is being forgotten about; no interest no news. The sinkhole is a by product of previous events most likely related to the oil spill, now the bizarre explosion, reoccuring tremors, sonic booms and eyewitness accounts of fireballs in the sky they all seem unrelated at first but, I bet we could string these events together to form a whole. Nothing is ever by chance alone. So what happens next?

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   

I would of posted that article, but again, I have no respect for Durpre. She claims Minden is on the Alluvial Aquifer system. It isn't, they are on top the Sparta Aquifer. Cool name I know lol. But, me and a bunch of friends already figured out she is pulling comments from other news sources and compiling them into 1 article. She is picking and choosing what to report.

The Orionid Meteor Shower was amazing, seen a few this weekend. Nothing exploded lmao

Look at the comments at the bottom of the article. I have been part of the conversation. I am not going to tell you exactly which comments are mine t protect my identity

Someone called her out on her misinformation, idk why she is still writing for this website.
edit on 22-10-2012 by CajunBoy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I know but finding info on this topic is hard to find to say the least. Last night I was forwarded this link to the commonsenseshow and it I think successfully interlinks all the events. The source being with the Horizon disaster leading to the current methane build up underground and subsequent release and the health threats to imminent explosions. At the end of the article he urges the president to come to the gulf breath, the air and eat the local cuisine to prove that all is well in the gulf.

www.thecommonsenseshow.com...
edit on 22-10-2012 by BrieBird because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   

I just read the article in your link and the only thing I can think of to explain the government's non-response and outright denial and lies about the situation is either complete subservience to the big oil companies, stupidity beyond belief, or a planned mass murder of the residents of the gulf coast for whatever financial or political reasons as are known only to the perpetrators of the disinformation.

The new motto of the federal government is "If you think our problems are bad just wait until you see our solutions".
edit on 22-10-2012 by happykat39 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Something is going on there for the past 3 - 4 hours. All the instruments in the area are picking something up. Not sure if They have started new drilling right next to each of these instruments or if we have a major shift beginning to happen or both. Please Be Safe Folks.

The Instruments

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
If there is a massive coastal evacuation, I am staying put.

I just don't see how everyone keeps saying the seafood is tainted. I eat seafood 4 times a week since I was born in 1990. After the spill I still continue to eat shrimp, crayfish, and oysters. Can anyone tell me why I've yet to be sick? If you say I will get cancer, my rebutle to that is what doesn't?

I'm not a big doom and gloom person when it comes to this methane bubble or sinkhole nor is many people down here on the coast. What I see is everyone talking about the possibility of this great disaster as if it was imminent. In all actuality it could happen but the question is when. 10 weeks from now? 10 years? 100 years? If or when it does happen you will have everyone screaming "I TOLD YOU SO!" Thing is like the world trade center, after the first attack in the early 90s a few people said terrorist are going to fly a plane into the building. Why they say that? Because there is ALWAYS the possibility.

Anmarie, I have been monitoring those meters for at least a month now. Some are unexplained but a lot are from seismic activity picked up from the other side the earth. It picked up a earthquake in Indonesia 2 weeks ago which I found amazing.
edit on 22-10-2012 by CajunBoy because: (no reason given)

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join