reply to post by happykat39
thank you for thank like will have to add that to my list.
found this in there about the eq
– Source of seismic activity estimated between 200 and 600 meters deep
– Continuing to monitor seismic activity at the six seismograph locations
– USGS reported limited seismic activity---average of one tremor a day---direction
NW of sinkhole and other side of the pipeline right-of-way---Dr. Horton stated the
science behind the recent events does not suggest a heightened level of risk at
– USGS confirms no seismic activity in the area of the butane caverns
– Representative of the science group discussed dome mechanics and surveys for
investigatory well with representative of USGS and Sandia National Lab
– In response to Texas Brine’s assertion that region seismic activity caused their
cavern cavern to be compromised USGS stated (on 25 Sept 2012) that it is their belief to be compromised, USGS stated (on 25 Sept. 2012) that it is
that the seismicity is a consequence of the collapse of the cavern, and not the
cause of the collapse of the cavern and the formation of the sinkhole
Scientific Workgroup theories of cause:
Scientific Situation Summary
Scientific Workgroup theories of cause:
• Salt Dome moving – natural migration of gas
• Failed cement casing in OXY #3 well
• Cavity Cavity Failure Failure
• Salt / Caprock falling from top of the cavern
– Man-made made (including penetration into sediments by cavern) (including penetration into sediments by cavern)
• Gas storage cavern connections, communications by fractures
• Low permeability seepage of gas into OXY #3 (source unknown)
• Regional Regional Tectonic activity (movement on growth faults) Tectonic activity (movement on growth fault)
Department of Environmental Quality
– Diesel and dissolved natural gas confirmed in water at slurry site; chlorides
slightly slightly elevated at surface samples; data for deep samples also shows elevated elevated at surface samples; data for deep samples also shows
Salinity as well as indicators of Natural Gas condensate as expected.
– Air monitoring for VOC’s (Diesel) continues with no dangerous levels detected off
site (1000’ away).
– On going Water sampling/water quality monitoring in Bayou Corne and Grand
Bayou Bayou indicates no water pollution associated with the incident to date Elevated indicates no water pollution associated with the incident to
conductivity noted at “bubbling site” #5. Samples indicate probable ground water
release from shallow aquifer to surface waters. Elevated conductivity is not
causing surface water impairment.
– Water quality monitoring in Bayou Lafourche indicates no water pollution
associated associated with the incident to date with the incident to date.
– Air monitoring has been conducted at 96 private properties with no dangerous
readings to date. Private residence air monitoring is available for scheduling
upon citizen completion of the Right of Entry form. Please call (225) 219-3015 to
notify DEQ if you desire monitoring.
– Collected Collected hydrocarbon samples from slurry area for comparison to samples hydrocarbon samples from slurry area for comparison to
collected on 04 August 12. Results indicate petroleum hydrocarbons dominated
by diesel range organics, same as samples collected on August 4.
– LDEQ Command Post on site. MAML on site collecting continuous data on
methane/non-methane VOCs and H2S.
–– Elevated Elevated VOC readings at VOC readings at Sportsmans Sportsmans Drive Drive on 07 OCT 12 on 07 OCT 12. Final Final data from this data
sample available on the DEQ web page, no concerns with sample results
observed, consistent with other canister samples.
They have to wait two weeks for the next meeting?
Assumption Parish Police Jury Meeting October 24, 2012
Assumption Parish Police Jury Meeting November 14, 2012
Link for all this info is in the above post
New Pic of sinhole with Depth and Width 4.2 acres
edit on 10-10-2012 by lurksoften because: looks better not quoted
edit on 10-10-2012 by lurksoften because: (no reason
edit on 10-10-2012 by lurksoften because: (no reason given)
edit on 10-10-2012 by lurksoften because: (no